PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Presidential Election: The Mini-Mafia [Concluded]

GeneralHankerchief
07-03-2007, 03:25
2008 Presidential Election: The Mini-Mafia

(note: It is recommended, but not required, that players have at least a passing knowledge of the 2008 United States presidential election (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_US_Presidential_Election). Also, please read the rules before joining.)

Welcome, one and all, to the world of American Politics! This mini-mafia will try to simulate the upcoming Presidential Election by changing the rules a bit.

- First of all, nobody dies. People can lose their special powers or they simply won't be able to have the opportunity to win, but everybody votes in every voting round.

- There will be 11 players, split into two major categories: Politicians and non-Politicians. The Politicians will be further split into two subcategories: Democrats and Republicans. It is the goal of every Politician to win the election and become President. Non-Politicians' goals vary.

Stage 1

- Each night phase, the politicians will PM me with the choice of the player they wish to "discredit" - i.e. remove from the Presidential race in a not-so-friendly way. The person with the most PM votes is removed from the race, with an accompanying story about the scandal that did them in.

- Each day phase, everybody, including the Politicians, vote on who they think engineered this scandal (voters are cynical, you see, and want a trustworthy President in office above all else). The person with the most votes is hereby out of the race.

- This continues until there is one Democrat and one Republican left in the race. Therefore, if there is one Republican left and three Democrats, you cannot discredit/vote against that Republican; you must target the Democrats.

Stage 2

- Once we've narrowed down our Presidential candidates, it's time for the General Election stage. Each night, both Politicians will target separate non-Politicians and eliminate their special power by destroying their credibility. If this happens, the non-Politicians lose their power and become a normal Voter.

- Then, everybody votes on the "cleanest" candidate up to that point. That candidate will receive one "point", which comes in handy later.

- Later, rinse, repeat until there are two Politicians and one non-Politician remaining.

Election Day

- Everybody votes for the candidate they want to win the Election. Each vote counts for one "point" with the other ones from previous votes being added on. The person with the most "points" wins the Election!

Roles

Politicians:
1. Hillary Clinton (Democrat)
2. Barack Obama (Democrat)
3. John Edwards (Democrat)
4. Mitt Romney (Republican)
5. Rudy Giuliani (Republican)
6. Fred Thompson (Republican)

Non-Politicians:
7. Nosy Reporter
8. Minority Voter
9. Sleaze Merchant
10. Campaign Consultant
11. ***secret role***

The Nosy Reporter is essentially this game's Detective. Each night he chooses a Politician to follow and gets the scoop on what that Politician that night. If he catches the Politician doing something dirty then he is encouraged to reveal. The Nosy Reporter wins (along with the President) if he plays a significant role in the Election, and also if he survives with his career intact (i.e. not discredited).

The Minority Voter has no powers, but if a Politican discredits them it backfires and they are labelled as racist. A Minority Voter wins (along with the President) if the guy who discredits him loses.

The Sleaze Merchant works along with one Politician of his choice. He can identify roles of Non-Politicians and point them out to the Politician, thereby aiding in the selective process of who to discredit in Stage 2. He must align with a politician by the second night phase. I must receive confirmation from both the Sleaze Merchant and the politician he aligns with. The Sleaze Merchant wins if the Politician he is aligned with wins.

The Campaign Consultant's role is similar to the Sleaze Merchant. He aligns with one Politician of his choice and blocks any hostile night action. If it is an attempt at discrediting him during Stage One, the Campaign Consultant will make it backfire and the person doing the discrediting will drop out of the race instead. He must align with a politician by the second night phase. I must receive confirmation from both the Campaign Consultant and the politician he aligns with. The Campaign Consultant wins if the Politician he is aligned with wins.

The secret role's powers and goals are secret.

Rules

- 11 players.

- PMing between Politicians is encouraged. There will be no PMing taking place between non-Politicians and Politicians, or between non-Politicians and other non-Politicians unless it is between the Sleaze Merchant/Campaign Consultant and their allied Politician.

- Everyone knows who is playing which Politician. Nobody knows who is playing which Non-Politician.

- Everyone is allowed to vote in every round, even if you have been discredited.

- Please ask questions if you are confused. This all sounds good in my head but you guys might not know what the :daisy: I'm talking about here. Thanks!

Signed up: (11 out of 11)
Ichigo
greaterkhaan
CountArach
pevergreen
Omanes Alexandrapolites
Warmaster Horus
Stig
sapi
Caius Flaminius
Crazed Rabbit
Xdeathfire

Csargo
07-03-2007, 03:38
:soapbox:

seireikhaan
07-03-2007, 03:43
Looks interesting, I'm in.

CountArach
07-03-2007, 04:00
Hahaha! I was going to make a Political Mafia, but it looks like you beat me too it.

I am so in.

Just don't make me a Republican...

pevergreen
07-03-2007, 05:05
Go me! Yayin

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-03-2007, 06:42
In!

Warmaster Horus
07-03-2007, 07:49
In. I'll read all that some other time...

I think Caius (Garcilaso) requested "in" for this.

Stig
07-03-2007, 08:57
in in in

sapi
07-03-2007, 13:48
Looks great - in ~:)

GeneralHankerchief
07-03-2007, 20:00
In. I'll read all that some other time...

I think Caius (Garcilaso) requested "in" for this.

Also, please read the rules before joining.

:belly:

Also, if Caius wants in I want him to post in this thread.

Warmaster Horus
07-03-2007, 21:09
I just read the rules... neat!

Talk about original...

Caius
07-03-2007, 22:03
Also, if Caius wants in I want him to post in this thread.

Your wish is my command

/in!

I will annoy you later :beam:

GeneralHankerchief
07-04-2007, 02:14
I need two more. Come on, Backroom regs! Where are you?

Crazed Rabbit
07-04-2007, 07:29
/in
/hopes for Fred Thompson

CR

TevashSzat
07-04-2007, 12:47
I'll join I guess

GeneralHankerchief
07-04-2007, 17:57
Excellent, we have 11. Give me some time to write out all of the PMs. I'll post back once that task is completed.

Warmaster Horus
07-04-2007, 18:14
Starts tonight, then?

GeneralHankerchief
07-04-2007, 18:18
The night phase will begin tonight GMT, yes.

GeneralHankerchief
07-04-2007, 18:53
First night phase has begun. It will last roughly 24 hours. I need PMs.

Democrats:
Hillary Clinton (Ichigo)
Barack Obama (sapi)
John Edwards (CountArach)

Republicans:
Rudy Giuliani (Stig)
Mitt Romney (Caius Flaminius)
Fred Thompson (greaterkhaan)

Non-Politicians:
pevergreen
Omanes Alexandrapolites
Warmaster Horus
Crazed Rabbit
Xdeathfire

Csargo
07-04-2007, 19:51
BOW TO ME OR I WILL EAT YOU! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I AM THE ICE QUEEN!!!

you do realize I'm from Texas right? If SFTS sees me I'll be the laughing stock of the entire state. :/

GeneralHankerchief
07-04-2007, 20:04
*sigs quote*

Also, I may slightly extend the night session since I'm sure some deals are going to be made and such.

Stig
07-04-2007, 21:18
And he made me a republican

Strike For The South
07-04-2007, 21:35
BOW TO ME OR I WILL EAT YOU! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I AM THE ICE QUEEN!!!

you do realize I'm from Texas right? If SFTS sees me I'll be the laughing stock of the entire state. :/

Your going to get it in the neck:blank2:

CountArach
07-04-2007, 23:28
Yeah! John Edwards is who I would be supporting if I were American!

Louis VI the Fat
07-05-2007, 00:29
Gah! This game looks fun, I'm too late! :shame:

Your going to get it in the neck:blank2:Strike, what are you doing here? You're not playing. Did you write an algorythm that checks the .org for 'Texas' or something? :smash:

But I'll leave you all to it now and return to my own game. Oh:

Vote: Hillary.

GeneralHankerchief
07-05-2007, 00:30
I'll keep you in mind if someone becomes inactive.

sapi
07-05-2007, 10:00
<snip>

CountArach
07-05-2007, 22:21
Night phase sapi...

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 22:22
Digging your grave again?

CountArach
07-05-2007, 22:27
lol, quite probably.

Though, naturally as Edwards, I feel I am the one most people would hate. Therefore I reckon I'm-a-dying tonight.

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 22:29
The end of night is nigh, perhaps?

Stig
07-05-2007, 22:31
I'm wondering gets out first. Afterall that will be the less like politician, pity only Ichigo is an American

But hey, he's Texan so we Republicans should be safe ~D

seireikhaan
07-05-2007, 22:42
I'm wondering gets out first. Afterall that will be the less like politician, pity only Ichigo is an American

But hey, he's Texan so we Republicans should be safe ~D

Huh? Hey, I'm American too!

Stig
07-05-2007, 22:43
funny I thought you were Australian

Warmaster Horus
07-05-2007, 22:48
Location: West Des Moines, Iowa, United States. And no, that's not where they grow potatoes, that Idaho.

When did you drink last, Stig? j/k

Stig
07-05-2007, 22:49
When did you drink last, Stig? j/k
Hey, I've been dry for 4 days now

seireikhaan
07-05-2007, 23:13
Hmm, what made you think I was an aussi anyway?

Stig
07-05-2007, 23:15
Hmm, what made you think I was an aussi anyway?
No idea

seireikhaan
07-05-2007, 23:16
Methinks Stig has gotten to the point where he no longer thinks coherently unless he's had booze.

GeneralHankerchief
07-06-2007, 00:05
I'm still waiting for some PMs.

Anyways, we're at a tie regarding who gets discredited so I couldn't end the night phase even if I wanted to.

sapi
07-06-2007, 03:50
Night phase sapi...
Again :wall: :laugh4:

Ah, well, now we know who got my night phase vote. Meh ~:)

GeneralHankerchief
07-06-2007, 04:01
January 2008

With the Iowa Caucuses and New Hampshire primaries looming, the candidates are jockeying for any advantage they can press. Their staffs are pushed to the limit and as a result several... facts... that would normally be covered up are not dealt with.

In Des Moines, Iowa's capital, the Hillary Clinton campaign is occupying almost all of the rooms in one of the town's hotels. Reporters are camped out of there 24/7. Eventually one sight catches their eye - a large, masculine woman entering the building and her profile turning up in Hillary's window. The two appear to be making out. Several minutes later, the woman emerges from the hotel. She gives her name as "Bertha" to the reporters and details the entire juicy story of her and Hillary's steamy, forbidden relationship. Apparently, it has been going on for years.

The Clinton campaign denies everything but the public outcry is too great. Media outlets across the nation report on the "Bertha Incident" and Hillary finishes well behind Obama and Edwards in the Iowa Caucuses. Her campaign, for all practical purposes, is over.

Democrats:
Barack Obama (sapi)
Hillary Clinton (Ichigo)

Republicans:
Rudy Giuliani (Stig)

Non-Politicians:
pevergreen
Omanes Alexandrapolites
Warmaster Horus
Crazed Rabbit
Xdeathfire

~~~~~~~~~~

To everybody, Politicians and non-Politicians, now is the time to vote for who you think is responsible for the terrible slandering of the Clinton campaign. Just to clarify, you are voting for somebody you want out of the race.

Ichigo, you can vote too.

Voting will last probably 36 hours, beginning now.

Csargo
07-06-2007, 04:15
Screw this game.

CountArach
07-06-2007, 04:46
lol? Is it because you are Hillary? :wink:

Anyway, I vote Mitt Romney (Stig). His Healthcare system is unworkable!

Vote: Stig

Csargo
07-06-2007, 05:14
lol? Is it because you are Hillary? :wink:

Anyway, I vote Mitt Romney (Stig). His Healthcare system is unworkable!

Vote: Stig

I didn't have internet access to send in my PM. It was the 4th of July. :no:

Warmaster Horus
07-06-2007, 07:23
Uh, CA, Stig is Rudy Giuliani. He is also the source of Ichigo's troubles.

Vote:Stig

You see, I am the Nosy Reporter. This night, while snooping around Rudy Giuliani's offices (Stig's), I saw that his staff was busy "setting Hillary up with the ugliest they could find".

seireikhaan
07-06-2007, 07:41
Vote: Rudy Guliani.

That was a dirty, dirty move, Rudy!:thumbsdown: Shame on you.:whip:

sapi
07-06-2007, 07:50
Vote: Stig (Guliani)

Shame on you for touching a democrat.

CountArach
07-06-2007, 08:33
My bad. I will leave my vote to destroy Guliani. The fewer filthy Republicans in this world, the better.

Warmaster Horus
07-06-2007, 08:58
Tally:

Stig (Rudy Giuliani) 4: (CA, WH, gk, sapi).

Stig
07-06-2007, 11:13
Hey, why would we even believe you're the Nosy Reporter?

Why aren't you working for some other politician?

Warmaster Horus
07-06-2007, 11:38
It's the first round. So, I present evidence of an evil person (you) and people follow. They've got nothing else to go on. And the real nosy reporter didn't say anything yet.

Why I'm not working for another politician? What do you mean by that?

pevergreen
07-06-2007, 11:47
I am very creditable, the more people besides me get discredited, the better i get :grin:

No vote yet.

Stig
07-06-2007, 11:49
Well I happen to have voted Mitt Romney so that I would lose the other republicans as soon as possible. Afterall, for the final voting we need to end up with a republican and a democrat, the sooner both my rivals are out the better.

So either you lie or I lie, and I don't lie.

Thus, if I were a democrat now I would simply vote the other democrat, that would make sure I would be safe, no

Crazed Rabbit
07-07-2007, 01:53
vote: John Edwards/CountArach

Because I like him even less than Obama.

CR

Stig
07-07-2007, 10:02
WM isn't even answering to my accusations, what are you hiding m8?

Warmaster Horus
07-07-2007, 11:38
Well, what do you mean by "voted Mitt Romney"?

Caius
07-07-2007, 17:14
You see, I am the Nosy Reporter. This night, while snooping around Rudy Giuliani's offices (Stig's), I saw that his staff was busy "setting Hillary up with the ugliest they could find".

Can we see evidence of that?

Warmaster Horus
07-07-2007, 17:38
Are we allowed to quote PMs? Because otherwise I can't prove anything.

GeneralHankerchief
07-07-2007, 17:52
I'm gonna say "no" on this.

This goes for everyone btw.

Warmaster Horus
07-07-2007, 18:01
Dang. But that was predictable.

GeneralHankerchief
07-07-2007, 18:03
Voting over.

GeneralHankerchief
07-07-2007, 18:13
February, 2008

It is the day of the noted New Hampshire primaries, the first real "open primary" in the nation. The results of this election will decide much and either give a candidate momentum, or rob him of it.

The results of the Democratic primary are inconclusive with both John Edwards and Barack Obama scoring delegates and declaring victory. However, it appears that the Republican battle for the nomination has been narrowed down. With a potentially true leak coming out about his involvement in the "Bertha Incident," Rudy Giuliani received much less votes than he was expecting. He has now received the label of the "Dirty Candidate" and widely distrusted by the voters. His campaign is over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Democrats:
Barack Obama (sapi)
Hillary Clinton (Ichigo)

Republicans:
Rudy Giuliani (Stig)

Non-Politicians:
pevergreen
Omanes Alexandrapolites
Warmaster Horus
Crazed Rabbit
Xdeathfire

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night phase has begun.

A reminder: I need all "alignment" PMs by the end of the phase. Remember I need them both from the Campaign Consultant/Sleaze Merchant *and* their aligned politician.

Stig
07-07-2007, 18:38
Well, what do you mean by "voted Mitt Romney"?
At night we politicians vote for someone to leave. I voted a republican to be left as the only republican in the race.

Warmaster Horus
07-07-2007, 18:51
Well, I'm sure I'm not lying, and you, as a politician, would have no qualms about it - after all, you do it for a living.

Okay, joking aside, I trust the contents of what I received more than what you say. So, unless I made a most dreadful mistake, or unless GH made a mistake (which would surprise me), you are lying.

GeneralHankerchief
07-09-2007, 00:23
I'm waiting for one PM. You know who you are.

If I don't get it by tomorrow afternoon GMT you will be replaced. Louis, are you still watching the thread?

GeneralHankerchief
07-09-2007, 23:18
February, 2008

On the eve of Super Duper Tuesday, a shocking piece of information makes its rounds in the blogosphere and eventually progresses to CNN, Fox News, and the like.

What all the blogs and TV clips share in common is one Youtube video, posted the prior day, of Fred Thompson publicly strangling a baby at an event in California. As expected, there is a general outrage among this clip. The Thompson campaign has put out an official statement:

"Mr. Thompson regrets having to resort to such a terrible measure. However, the baby in question was in fact biting Mr. Thompson in the hand very hard and he was starting to lose circulation. It was the only way to get the youngster off."

Nobody buys it, and it seems as if Thompson is out of the race.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Democrats:
Barack Obama (sapi)
Hillary Clinton (Ichigo)

Republicans:
Rudy Giuliani (Stig)

Non-Politicians:
pevergreen
Omanes Alexandrapolites
Warmaster Horus
Crazed Rabbit
Xdeathfire

~~~~~~~~~~~

Day phase has begun.

Mitt Romney has secured the Republican nomination. You may ONLY vote against one of the two Democrats still in the race.

Csargo
07-09-2007, 23:20
I can vote right?

GeneralHankerchief
07-09-2007, 23:21
Yes indeed. That goes for the other candidates out of the race as well.

Csargo
07-09-2007, 23:22
Vote:CA

CountArach
07-09-2007, 23:55
What a shock...

Vote: Obama (sapi)

Obama, Osama... do the math.

Csargo
07-09-2007, 23:57
I aim to please. :D

Caius
07-09-2007, 23:59

seireikhaan
07-10-2007, 01:02
Bah, that infant had it coming. Anyways, vote CA.(for being a no good, double crossing, backstabbing crook. in otherwords, a good politician)

pevergreen
07-10-2007, 07:15
No vote. I think i should become a character who doesnt like the government....but not a bomber.

Warmaster Horus
07-10-2007, 07:41

For the worst reason for voting.

CountArach
07-10-2007, 08:26
Explain to me something... who else can I vote for?

sapi
07-10-2007, 08:27
Vote: CA

At least come up with a funny joke ~:)

CountArach
07-10-2007, 08:28
Actually I stole it form the Chaser's.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-10-2007, 08:29
Vote: CountArach

I don't really need to give a reason.

Warmaster Horus
07-10-2007, 08:46
Tally

John Edwards (CA):5 (Ichigo, Caius, WH, sapi, Omanes)
Barack Obama (sapi):1 (CA)

CA, what I meant was what sapi said. That joke was just ... horrible.

CountArach
07-10-2007, 08:54
As said, I can't claim responsibility for it. I stole it.

sapi
07-10-2007, 09:13
As said, I can't claim responsibility for it. I stole it.
Brings your taste into even worse repute :laugh4:

GeneralHankerchief
07-10-2007, 21:23
March, 2008

John Edwards makes the inevitable Obama/Osama joke. Fed-up voters go to the polls and vote for Obama in droves. A dispirited Edwards comes in second for the nomination again and (again) can only hope that he will be selected to be the Vice-President.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Democrats:
Barack Obama (sapi)
Hillary Clinton (Ichigo)

Republicans:
Rudy Giuliani (Stig)

Non-Politicians:
pevergreen
Omanes Alexandrapolites
Warmaster Horus
Crazed Rabbit
Xdeathfire

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stage 2 (and night phase) has begun. Politicians, it's time to discredit the non-voters. The 2008 election will be between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama.

CountArach
07-10-2007, 22:50
Can I send in a PM, or am I "dead"?

GeneralHankerchief
07-10-2007, 22:52
Only the two politicians still remaining can send PMs.

Caius
07-10-2007, 23:39
Only the two politicians still remaining can send PMs.
Can you explain that?

I dont understand 'discredit the non-voters'

GeneralHankerchief
07-11-2007, 00:26
Each non-voter has a role.

All you are to do is tell me the username of the person you want to "discredit" and they will no longer have any powers.

pevergreen
07-11-2007, 01:26
Blatantly throwing my support out there for Mitt Romney (Caius Flaminius)
Go Son!

GeneralHankerchief
07-12-2007, 19:07
May, 2008

Extra, extra! Read all about it! Barack Obama is a filthy hypocrite!

During a speech in his home state of Illinois yesterday, the Democratic nominee for president was recently caught making slanderous and obviously discriminatory remarks against a minority group!

The remarks in question came when the Senator was making a comment about his rival, Mitt Romney. "As far as my esteemed opponent, I trust him and his economic policies about as far as I could toss a midget."

A man known only as pevergreen, who was at the event, spoke with reporters afterwards and displayed his outrage. "First of all," he said, "we prefer to be called 'little people.' You'd think with Obama being a Democrat and all he'd be up-to-date on politically correct euphamisms but obviously that is not the case."

The little person went on to say how he was "shocked" and "outraged" over how Mr. Obama, himself being a minority, "could treat a fellow minority that way." Most of the media agrees.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Democrats:
Barack Obama (sapi)
Hillary Clinton (Ichigo)

Republicans:
Rudy Giuliani (Stig)

Non-Politicians:
pevergreen (minority voter)
Omanes Alexandrapolites
Warmaster Horus
Crazed Rabbit
Xdeathfire

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day phase has begun. You are now voting for a person; in other words, you are voting for the person you want to win. The candidate with the most votes at the end of this session wins one point.

Csargo
07-12-2007, 19:27
Vote:Obama your momma

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-12-2007, 19:33
Vote: sapi

GeneralHankerchief
07-12-2007, 19:34
Remember, you're voting for someone, not against them.

Warmaster Horus
07-12-2007, 19:41
Vote:sapi

On a side note, but it's quite obvious, Mitt Romney discredited the Sleaze Merchant Xdeathfire.

Caius
07-12-2007, 20:20
You Obama must be ashamed of your actions!

Warmaster Horus
07-12-2007, 21:31
You know that you were trying to get the sleaze merchant, right? So you're just as bad as him, really.

Caius
07-12-2007, 23:07
You know that you were trying to get the sleaze merchant, right? So you're just as bad as him, really.
No, I didnt got that info.

TevashSzat
07-13-2007, 01:00
Democrats all thw way! Vote: Sapi

Caius
07-13-2007, 01:02
Can I vote for myself?

GeneralHankerchief
07-13-2007, 01:28
Absolutely.

Caius
07-13-2007, 01:32
Vote:Romney

CountArach
07-13-2007, 01:33
Vote: sapi if I can.

Edwards announces his wholehearted support for the Democratic candidate.

GeneralHankerchief
07-13-2007, 01:34
Apparently not many people care about midget abuse. :laugh4:

Caius
07-13-2007, 01:37
Apparently not many people care about midget abuse. :laugh4:
True that.

And I promess, everyone will have the freedom speech assegurated

TevashSzat
07-13-2007, 02:08
True that.

And I promess, everyone will have the freedom speech assegurated

!!! How can we have a president who doesn't know his ENGLISH???? People vote for OBMA!!!!!!

Caius
07-13-2007, 02:48
!!! How can we have a president who doesn't know his ENGLISH???? People vote for OBMA!!!!!!
Actually, its not important.

How can someone vote for someone that doesnt spell the name of the voter correctly!

Crazed Rabbit
07-13-2007, 03:37
I can't believe Obama can get away with slandering minorities and everyone votes for him! *grumbles* Us rabbits, unlike Obama, sympathize with the plight of the little people.

CR

Csargo
07-13-2007, 03:46
I can't believe Obama can get away with slandering minorities and everyone votes for him! *grumbles* Us rabbits, unlike Obama, sympathize with the plight of the little people.

CR

I just can't vote for a guy named Mitt. :no: I am the ice queen, I have no feelings towards minorities.

Caius
07-13-2007, 04:08
I just can't vote for a guy named Mitt. :no: I am the ice queen, I have no feelings towards minorities.
How can you vote the people who ignore you!

Crazed Rabbit
07-13-2007, 04:11

Corrected.

CR

Caius
07-13-2007, 04:17
Corrected.

CR
Did you voted?

sapi
07-13-2007, 06:18
OOC: Oh, damn, got the wrong guy ~:)

IC: It's good to see that people around here understand that one slip doesn't destroy a campaign; and still having a campaign is more than can be said for that filthy republican :laugh4:

Csargo
07-13-2007, 06:36
Corrected.

CR

This is also true. I figured ice queen covered it all though. Seems I was wrong.

pevergreen
07-13-2007, 09:16
sif vote sapi, vote for roony!

Vote: mitt

Caius
07-14-2007, 02:02
OOC: Oh, damn, got the wrong guy ~:)

IC: It's good to see that people around here understand that one slip doesn't destroy a campaign; and still having a campaign is more than can be said for that filthy republican :laugh4:

Like the guys who doesnt want the minorities.

GeneralHankerchief
07-14-2007, 17:55
July, 2008

In the final financial quarter before the election, Obama has the clear financial lead. This will help him blanket the airwaves before the vote and gives him somewhat of an advantage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obama receives one "point."

Final night phase has begun. Politicians, please "discredit" one more non-voter. Active non-voters, PM me if needed.

GeneralHankerchief
07-15-2007, 18:34
October, 2008

It is the final two weeks of the long campaign. The media has long given up the pursuit of any other stories, instead covering the race 24/7. As a result, things start to get weird. A minor scandal was caused during an interview of Mitt Romney's 2nd-grade substitute teacher when she said that Mitt "took an especially long time in the bathroom." The Obama campaign immediately responded with a slew of negative ads, including the famous "Do we really want our president in the bathroom during a terrorist attack?" ad.

People are, naturally, getting sick of the campaign. NBC took particular heat during one of their commercial breaks between the show "Heroes" when the entire break was filled by political messages. Of course, the newspapers and blogs are oblivious to the growing unease and mudslinging; they still editorialize and contribute to the mess.

Finally, one day in October, the Mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg, calls for a press conference and makes an announcement.

"Good people of America," he begins, "I officially declare my candidacy in the 2008 election as a third-party candidate. Frankly, all this backstabbing and mudslinging is not good for the health of our country. We need cooperation from our leaders, not partisanship. I hereby base my candidacy on unity between politicians."

Well, of course, there was an immediate uproar. The Romney and Obama campaigns, focused for the past months on totally undermining the other, suddenly found a new enemy, one they were unprepared to discredit. The Obama campaign was particularly distressed seeing as Bloomberg's $1 billion war chest completely erased the financial advantage they had built.

It is Election Day, and with the polls open the outcome is very much in doubt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Democrats:
Barack Obama (sapi)
Hillary Clinton (Ichigo)

Republicans:
Rudy Giuliani (Stig)

Independent candidate:
Michael Bloomberg (Crazed Rabbit)

Non-Politicians:
pevergreen (minority voter)
Omanes Alexandrapolites
Warmaster Horus
Xdeathfire

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael Bloomberg was the secret role. Since his wealth is enormous, sapi/Obama loses the point that he gained last round.

Please vote for one of the three candidates. Everyone can vote, and the winner will become the next President of the United States.

Warmaster Horus
07-15-2007, 19:14
Gah! I don't care.

Vote:Obama (sapi).

Crazed Rabbit
07-15-2007, 19:29
:unitedstates:

Greetings Citizens! Now is the time to take back our country from the two-party oligarchy and vote for the only real American in the race!

Vote: Bloomberg for less government interference in your private life and less regulations on business! Private enterprise is what drives America, and it's time to take the government shackles off!

Vote: Bloomberg for a new view on international relations, with less foolishly planned out attacks! No longer will it take years for military lessons to sink in!

Vote: Bloomberg because he respects all people, no matter how short they may be, or how long they take in the bathroom!

Vote: Bloomberg to elect the man who reformed public education and made it work for the children, not the teacher's unions, in New York City!

Vote: Bloomberg to usher in a new era of American prosperity and freedom!

:unitedstates:

Caius
07-15-2007, 21:06
It is the final two weeks of the long campaign. The media has long given up the pursuit of any other stories, instead covering the race 24/7. As a result, things start to get weird. A minor scandal was caused during an interview of Mitt Romney's 2nd-grade substitute teacher when she said that Mitt "took an especially long time in the bathroom." The Obama campaign immediately responded with a slew of negative ads, including the famous "Do we really want our president in the bathroom during a terrorist attack?" ad.
:laugh4: :laugh4:
Vote:Romney
Lets face it, Obama does not care about minorities.
Blumberg says lots of true? things like this

Vote: Bloomberg for less government interference in your private life and less regulations on business! Private enterprise is what drives America, and it's time to take the government shackles off!
Oh well, good point. The fellow citizens dont want this! IF we dont have control of the market, prices wont be regulated. Do we want this? No, we dont.

Then Vote:Romney!

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-15-2007, 21:14

Warmaster Horus
07-15-2007, 22:26
I prefer a president who makes a slip during the campaign than one during the presidency.

Caius
07-15-2007, 22:58
I had an bribe attempt to change my vote. Poor guy, he doesnt have a vote!

CountArach
07-16-2007, 01:08

What this country needs is a good Democrat. Ideally it would be me, but Obama is the next best thing.

Caius
07-16-2007, 01:08

What this country needs is a good Democrat. Ideally it would be me, but Obama is the next best thing.
Dont make me laugh.

Republicans ATW

Crazed Rabbit
07-16-2007, 01:30
Lousy foreigners.

:furious3:

CR

Caius
07-16-2007, 01:42
Lousy foreigners.

:furious3:

CR
Pardon?

Crazed Rabbit
07-16-2007, 03:39
Not you, it's all these democrat loving Australians.

CR

CountArach
07-16-2007, 04:41
Oh, I suppose why we have a Republican-loving Prime Minister and all...

GeneralHankerchief
07-16-2007, 21:03
November, 2008

It's the day after Election Day. The world waits with bated breath. At 3:00 AM the election is called... for Democrat Barack Obama.

Immediately the complaints begin. Midgets Little people cry foul. The Bloomberg campaign brings force the serious accusation that a group of Australians committed voter fraud and illegally swung the election in Obama's favor. Nevertheless, the results stand and America elects its first black president.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Democrats:
Barack Obama (sapi) - President of the United States
Hillary Clinton (Ichigo)

Republicans:
Mitt Romney (Caius Flaminius) - runner-up
Rudy Giuliani (Stig)

Independent candidate:
Michael Bloomberg (Crazed Rabbit) - runner-up

Non-Politicians:
pevergreen - minority voter
Omanes Alexandrapolites - Campaign Consultant of Obama
Warmaster Horus - nosy reporter
Xdeathfire - Sleaze Merchant of Edwards

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winners are sapi and Omanes. :applause:

This was an interesting game. I would have liked a bit more activity but can't really do anything about that. I'm glad the secret role (Rabbit) got as far as he did but honestly I was expecting a Bloomberg victory. I think that Rabbit is correct in his assumptions that if there were more Americans playing he would have won.

Good game everybody. :bow:

Warmaster Horus
07-16-2007, 21:07
Good game GH. Nice idea, especially.

I think that Rabbit is correct in his assumptions that if there were more Americans playing he would have won.

How true.

Caius
07-16-2007, 21:08
I love the help my campaign friends gave to me.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-16-2007, 21:43
Great game GH! Thankyou for hosting!

Crazed Rabbit
07-17-2007, 01:56
So the final vote was 3-1-1? Gah, lousy non voting peoples.

*sighs*

Oh well, I really detest Bloomberg. I guess I'll just take my wealth, buy Washington state, and turn it into a libertarian haven.

CR

EDIT:
I'm glad the secret role (Rabbit) got as far as he did but honestly I was expecting a Bloomberg victory.

Heehee, sending basically the same PM to the two candidates helped. I'll point out I didn't lie at all in that PM.

CountArach
07-17-2007, 03:50
The plan for me was to keep Stig around and to have him and myself as the final two candidates, but I guess everyone's hatred of John Edwards sort of paid off...

sapi
07-17-2007, 09:04
Heehee, sending basically the same PM to the two candidates helped. I'll point out I didn't lie at all in that PM.More fool me for taking your reputation at face value ~:)

Good game to all :bow:

And sorry to the two other democratic candidates, both of whom I discredited. You would have done the same, and all's fair in love, war and politics :grin:

pevergreen
07-17-2007, 09:10
Aggh so close. I needed the person who discredited me to lose! BLAST!

:laugh4:

Good game, was an interesting twist on mafia.

Caius
07-17-2007, 22:03
I was the mormon. I selected who was out of the race.