PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment Time Bug

gws226
07-03-2007, 14:18
Hey fellas,

First off, I really want to thank you for comming up with this mod. I absolutely love it. It has breathed new life into one my alltime favorite games, and has me glued to my PC to sneak in a little gaming time whenever I can.

Im trying Kingdom of Cimmerian Bosporan faction for a new angle on RTW. Im having a little trouble with recruitment though.

1 turn units, are recruited in 0 turns (ie: I can fill my queue with miltia hoplites and they will all be recruited in 1 turn) (The recruitment time says 0 turns when viewing unit details in the recruitment window)

2 turn units, generals, ballistas etc etc can be recruited in 1 turn.

Im venturing a guess that this was part of the original AI programming so they could quickly replenish troops.

Can someone point me to the right location to make the changes in recruitment time?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Squid
07-03-2007, 16:42
I haven't checked the generals, ballistas and others but the militia hoplites are supposed to be zero turn recruitment. Why do you think they're supposed to be 1 turn recruitment?

gws226
07-03-2007, 19:11
I haven't checked the generals, ballistas and others but the militia hoplites are supposed to be zero turn recruitment. Why do you think they're supposed to be 1 turn recruitment?

Are they? comming from playing Vanilla RTW. I would be able to recruit 1 unit per turn (ie: Milta Hoplites) When playing this faction, I can put 6 miltia hoplites in my queue; I will have 6 units of hoplites, and zero new units in my recruitment queue the next turn.

If I play as Rome, and put 6 units in the recruitment queue; Come next turn I will have 1 unit complete; and 5 units remaining in my recruitment queue.

Example:
Here is the queue before End of Turn
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/gws226/before.jpg

Here is the queue after (not all units where recruited)
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/gws226/after.jpg

Squid
07-03-2007, 20:03
One of the things you can modify with the game is how long a unit takes to recruit. Most units in Roma Surrectum are under 0 turn recruitment, there are some which are 1-turn recruitment, and at least one or two units which are 2-turn recruitment.

gws226
07-03-2007, 21:59
Ahhh... I think I got it. When I applied the "new" patch, it must of overwritten my initial settings.

Ill see if I can figure it out.

Thanks again for the help, and if there is a way I can make a little donation to the cause, please let me know