PDA

View Full Version : shieldwall for hoplites...help! (without BI)

locutuslavita
07-04-2007, 17:16
Hi everybody,
I've been playing Eb for a while now, and I just wanted to say I really appreciate the depth of the mod, just so awesome!
quick question though, how could I modify all the hoplite units so that they all have the shieldwall formation available without using BI?
I've seen some wicked mini-mods out there but either they arent save game compa or they add shieldwall to too many units.
neways thx for your help!

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-04-2007, 17:18
Hi and welcome locutuslavita!
Sorry, but shieldwall requires a working BI 1.6 installation. Sorry.

locutuslavita
07-04-2007, 17:31
Hey, thx for the welcome!
Ive read somewhere that it was possible to use the shieldwall on certain units using the loose fornmation button, however they might have been talking about a bi install thx anyways!

Foot
07-04-2007, 18:10
Hey, thx for the welcome!
Ive read somewhere that it was possible to use the shieldwall on certain units using the loose fornmation button, however they might have been talking about a bi install thx anyways!

We already use that. It doesn't work the same way as the BI, it doesn't give the same bonuses, but it does put them in a very tight formation, which is the best that can be done with RTW. Just press the guard button and put them into a tight formation.

Foot

locutuslavita
07-04-2007, 18:17
ok cool, so the classicals allready have this option, is it there default formation (sorry cant test yet since my cpu is 600 kms away :thumbsdown: