PDA

View Full Version : The Land of Arnamar (ROC style)

Motep
07-08-2007, 01:10
The Land of Arnamor is in a state of turmoil. It's inhabitants have been fighting against each other for time uncounted, and have even split the gods into factions. Each god favors his nation, and grants his people gifts, so that they may conquer thier foes. But a great evil, under the guidance of the Dragon God Motep, threatens to destroy the lands and even the very gods of his foes. Who can stop him?

Geographic Map (New Map!!!)
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/Map.jpg

Current Faction Map
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/resizedmap2.jpg

playable factions

each Area will get terrain bonuses dependent on their god

Allarian Island- {{Motep}} powerful navy/ weak cavalry/ use of Dragons / strong at sea

Temil- {{Xehh II}}powerful infantry/ weak cavalry

Somaria- {{The Stranger}} powerful cavalry / weak infantry / strong in the plains

Eleria - powerful archers and cavalry/ weak infantry/ stromg in forests and plains / weak in mountains

Yaltar - {{TwilightBlade}} powerful cavalry and archers/ weak infantry / exceptional in the plains

Plain of Aryth {{Sarathos}}- powerful cavalry and infantry/ weak archers/ strong in the plains /

Nordmaar - {{Pevergren}} weak cavalry/ powerful infantry/ exceptional archers / weak in mountains

Mearan- {{Greaterkhaan}}powerful infantry/ have use of dwarves/ exceptional in mountains and forests / weak in the plains/ weak in the sea

Romaria - powerful cavalry/ weak infantry/ strong in the plains

Aracia- powerful archers cavalry/ weak infantry / strong in forests

Mara- powerful infantry/ weak cavalry/ weak navy

Cantral Waste - {{Orb}} use of desert elves/ exceptional infantry/ no cavalry / exceptional in mountains, deserts, and plains/ strong in forests/ pitiful at sea/ move twice as fast as regular armies/ weak navy

Plain of Caleim - {{Garcilaso}} exceptional cavalry/ weak infantry / strong in the plains / strong at sea

Dormii - powerful cavalry / powerful navy

Turns will begin on monday, and end on friday (this is subject to change)

Diplomacy is strongly encouraged, but please send me the diplomatic results. Everyone starts as neutral, btw.

Culture - culture expands simply through settlement. Settling cities is simple, all you need to do is spend 3000 gold on a city to have it become an active, contributing settlement to your tax and trade income, anything less than that places the city on the map, but does not make it economically important enough to be taxed or traded with. You can even improve the cities stackpiles and defences by upgrading the walls. There are three wall stages; Pallisade for 500 gold, and 1 defence, 1 stockpile (three turns in a seige); Stone wall for 1000, and 2 defence, 2 stockpile (five turns in a seige); and Fortress for 3000, with 3 defence, 3 stockpile (seven turns in a seige).

Cultural Actions
- Found a New City
- Settle an Existing City
- Build a better wall

The Economy will be an issue in this game. Trade and income are important factors. Each active cities economies will be rated on a scale of 1-5. All cities start at level 1. This number, multiplied by 200, will give you the total taxes taken from that city each turn. You can increse the level of a city by paying 500 to get to level 2, 1000 to get to to three, 2000 to get to four, and 3000 to get to five (you may not skip a level; i.e, go from level 1 to 5) . Trade is also important, all neighboring players trade with each other automatically unless they are at war. Trade adds 25 gold income per trade route. You will start with a treasury of 5000

The military aspect of my game are handled simply. Players can recruit the following units, with the following costs and upkeeps. All units equal 100 men.
Infantry - 50 gold recruit / 25 gold upkeep
Archers - 50 gold recruit / 25 gold upkeep
Cavalry - 125 gold recruit / 75 gold upkeep
Fleets - 400 gold recruit / 200 gold upkeep
Dwarves- 100 gold recruit / 50 gold upkeep
Elves - 125 gold recruit / 25 gold upkeep
Dragons - 300 gold recruit / 200 gold upkeep

The order of battle is simple. Archers fire first, then infantry engage, then cavalry. When players order a march, they must also set a priority of attack. Example -
Caliem's Army marches on Nai' Wen's Army.
Missiles priority is Infantry, Archers, then Cavalry.
Infantry priority is Infantry, Archers, then Cavalry.
Cavalry priority is Archers, Cavalry, then Infantry.
I will use an online die to determine the results
The benefits and problems of the different unit types are -
Weak units suffer 5% penalty

powerful units gain 5% bonus

Exceptional units gain 10% bonus

Dragons get a 20% bonus in all (count as a cavalry, minus the bonuses and drawbacks of regular cavalry)

Dwarves get a 5% attack/defence bonus (count as an infantry)

Elves get a 10% attack bonus (count as an archer unit)

Archers always fire first even if the enemy has no archers, but suffer a 25% loss to their defence efficiency if attacked by infantry or cavalry.
Infantry are the core of most armies and have no particular advantages or setbacks.
Cavalry, in the first round of combat, negate 25% of the enemies defence efficiency due to their first round charging power, but lose 25% of their own defence efficiency due to losing that charging momentum immediately thereafter in the second round of combat, they stabilize in the third round and neither gain or suffer anything.
3 rounds of combat will be tallied before the results are shown to the players. Combat rounds will be tallied in the following way.
For each side, a 100 sided die and a 10 sided die will be rolled for each group of the army, and that is the percent that successfully strike an opponent, then a 100 sided die and a 10 sided die are rolled for the opposing side, that is the percent that block the strike, then the remaining strikes that get through are multiplied by .35, and that is the number of casualties inflicted for that round. 00 and 0 on the die are treated as 0, not 100 and 10.
Example -
Civs - Caleim vs. Nai'Wen
Archers - 1,600 vs. 1,000
Infantry - 10,000 vs. 14,000
Cavalry - 2,000 vs. 800
Round 1 - Archers
Caliem rolls 0% for Archers attack, Nai'wen doesn‘t even need to roll defence.
Nai'wen's archers retaliate (assuming they posted an identical priority of attack)
Caliem attacks with 14% attack efficiency, Nai'wen rolls a 95% defence efficiency, so Caleim only suffers (1,000 x .14 x .05 {the reverse of the defence is taken to tally the losses rather than survivors}) = 7 deaths. A rather pitiful display by both sides in regards to missile fire.
Round 1 - Infantry
Caleim's infantry roll 36%, and Nai'wen’s roll 56% defence, Nai'wen loses a total of 1584 infantry. (Again, 10,000 x .36 x .44 = 1584)
Nai'wens’s infantry retaliate with 28%, Caleim rolls a 1% defence, so Caleim suffers 3,881 infantry losses.
Round 1 - Cavalry
Caliem’s cavalry attack for 87%, Nai'wen’s missiles roll 33% defence, but it’s reduced to 17% by the cavalry’s charging power and the fact that they‘re archers and much less prepared for close combat. (2,000 x .87 x .83 ) = 1,444. Since Nai'wen only has 1,000 archers, their archer regiment is completely overrun by the Caleim cavalry.
Nai'wen’s cavalry attack for 24% efficiency, and Caleims archers defend for 75%, but this is reduced to 36% by the same factors. Nai'wen scores 123 kills.
The casualties are tallied and armies recounted.
Civs - Caliem vs. Nai'wen
Archers - 1477 vs. 0
Infantry - 6,112 vs. 12,416
Cavalry - 2,000 vs. 800
Two more rounds will continue after this, and then the combat will end, and the player’s will have the option to give new orders to these armies the next turn.
In the event that an army loses 50% of it’s entire force in a single round before reaching round 3, that army will break and route, and the battle will be considered over. The defeated army will retreat one turn’s marching distance and the victorious army will remain where it is.
It is also possible to fortify regions with castles, castles are the only places where large standing armies can be housed. They can be fortified from a level of 1-3. Castles cost 2,000 gold to build, 1,000 gold to upgrade, and can hold up to 10,000 troops soldiers per level. They can be built anywhere.
When ordering armies to march, name the army itself and its target or its destination. I will path the quickest route there and place the armies location 1 turn’s march from its starting point.
One turn’s marching distance is roughly one inch on the map (one-half inch in rough terrain)
Castles that are besieged can either be destroyed or occupied. Cities that are captured can either be occupied, sacked or exterminated. Occupying cities keep them under your control. Sacking cities gives you 4 turns worth of it’s income but drops it to a level 1 city. Exterminating a city erases it from the map, gives you 2 turns worth of it’s income, and prompts the war to fall to the next level, “Instinctive National Loathing”, but it has the benefit of never coming back to bite you later.

Sieges to siege a city, you must specify so in a PM when an army reaches a city. You will not assault the city, but instead you will lay siege. The benefit is that if your army assaults the city next turn and is repulsed, the defenders will still be under siege and can't hire more troops. The drawback is you can't attack immediately, and so nearby armies can attack you. Cities can resist a siege for (defence + stockpile + 1) turns (so, a pallisade will give you three turns of survival, as It has one defence, one stockpile, and the extra one turn all cities have), before starvation hits and defenders must either attack or surrender. (in event of surrender, the army will be hald hostage, and the faction to whom it belongs must pay full price to get them back again. The money goes to the attackers treasury)

Military Orders -
- Build Castle
- March Army
- Occupy / Destroy captured castle.
- Occupy / Sack / Exterminate captured city.
- Seige City

You will need to give me the name and the location of the capital city, and a specific faction name and color. That is, unless you want the name of the region for your faction. Choosing a region does not give you complete control of the region, just the area around the capital. There is a limit of two nations per region. No two can choose the same name and color.

Motep
07-08-2007, 02:34
Edited for improvements. If you have any suggestions or questions before play begins, please post.

pevergreen
07-08-2007, 03:16
Callsies Republic of Noordmar (orange)- weak cavalry/ powerful infantry/ exceptional archers/

Only because they are orange...YAY

Caius
07-08-2007, 03:44
I will join as

Almon 're (yellow)- powerful cavalry and infantry/ weak archers

Crazed Rabbit
07-08-2007, 04:13
FYI, these things are super-complicated. You have to keep track of army locations, army strengths, army priority of attack, city income, location, the results of battles, etc.

Good luck!

CR

seireikhaan
07-08-2007, 06:17
Hmm, I'll be Barien.(They're the ones in the mddle/south area, right?)

Motep
07-08-2007, 22:46
FYI, these things are super-complicated. You have to keep track of army locations, army strengths, army priority of attack, city income, location, the results of battles, etc.

Good luck!

CR

But that just makes them more fun!

Motep
07-08-2007, 23:00
I have the new map up and ready! Please select another nation, folks. And btw, in this map, you will have to give me the name of the capital city, location of capital city, and a specific faction name, unless you want the name of the region. However, choosing a region does not give you the whole region.

Orb
07-09-2007, 21:18
I'll take the wastes. Who the hell needs Cavalry anyway?

Motep
07-10-2007, 03:27
I'll take the wastes. Who the hell needs Cavalry anyway?

Any specifics there?

pevergreen
07-10-2007, 07:12
Cantral Waste - use of desert elves/ exceptional infantry/ no cavalry

Im guessing he meant them

Me = Nordmaar - weak cavalry/ powerful infantry/ exceptional archers

Colour of orange reserved for me?

Twilightblade
07-10-2007, 07:40
I shall be
Yaltar - powerful cavalry and archers/ weak infantry
"The Yaltarian Emerald Hawks" (cuz I think it sounds cool)

The capital will be in the left part of Yaltar on the map (I would say west but there is no compass so I'm not sure) and I can't think of a name atm
My colour shall be green

Sarathos
07-10-2007, 12:16
The Forever Rolling Plain of Aryth - powerful cavalry and infantry/ weak archers
Coastal captial beside the Sea of Udin named The Port of Illosolin, the colour blue should suit

seireikhaan
07-10-2007, 18:47
I'll take Nordmaar - weak cavalry/ powerful infantry/ exceptional archers. My capital will be on coast of the Semaran Ocean, on the river running east/west in Romaria. My color will be crimson. And the capital will be named Khaanstantinople.

Orb
07-10-2007, 22:30
Alright:

Cantral Wastes - Colour: Burgundy/DarkRed
Desert Elves/ exceptional infantry/ no cavalry

I'd like my nation to be named the CNR (Cantralian National Reservation)
My capital city will be named Eundrophagon ('good place of people-eaters')

pevergreen
07-11-2007, 01:28
Cantral Waste - use of desert elves/ exceptional infantry/ no cavalry

Im guessing he meant them

Me = Nordmaar - weak cavalry/ powerful infantry/ exceptional archers

Colour of orange reserved for me?

I'll take Nordmaar - weak cavalry/ powerful infantry/ exceptional archers. My capital will be on coast of the Semaran Ocean, on the river running east/west in Romaria. My color will be crimson. And the capital will be named Khaanstantinople.

:no:

I got them first, sorry.

Faction Name = Nordmaar
Capital Location = North of the N in Nordmaar on the map, in the gap, if unclear, tell me and ill do up a picture.
Capital Name = Fotress of the Nordmaar
Colour = Orange
Surrounding Area of Capital = Plains of the Nordmaar

seireikhaan
07-11-2007, 01:36
Grr, that's annoying. Ok, I'll be... Hey, Motep! A bunch of these people are the same! A little variety, please? I guess if i've got to pick one, I'll go with the Empire of Mearan, with all the info the same as previous.

Twilightblade
07-15-2007, 01:59
So is this going anywhere or what?

seireikhaan
07-15-2007, 02:05
Last Activity: 07-09-2007 23:20

It would seem that his computer crashed or something. Again...

Twilightblade
07-15-2007, 02:10
Ahhh OK well that makes sense

Motep
07-16-2007, 06:08
:no:

I got them first, sorry.

Faction Name = Nordmaar
Capital Location = North of the N in Nordmaar on the map, in the gap, if unclear, tell me and ill do up a picture.
Capital Name = Fotress of the Nordmaar
Colour = Orange
Surrounding Area of Capital = Plains of the Nordmaar

??? I need a picture for that one.

And sorry for the lack of variety...there is just that much to do with it. I will add somthing when I think of it.

EDIT: old map

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/resizedmap1.jpg

And about my absense. I got 4 new books and a new video game. (And I was banned from the computer for shirking my dish duty...stupid dishes...)

Xehh II
07-16-2007, 06:31
Can I play? If so, can I play as Temil?

Motep
07-16-2007, 06:33
Can I play? If so, can I play as Temil?

I will need specifics, such as faction name, color, and capital city name and location.

Xehh II
07-16-2007, 06:40
My Capital will be on the 'M' in Temil the city name will be Chyrellos, faction colour? What colours are left? And I thought Temil was the faction name?

Xehh II
07-16-2007, 06:44
Can I change my Capital location? If I can I'll change it to the mouth of the river. My colour will be Black.

Twilightblade
07-16-2007, 08:29
My capital will be called "The City of the Emerald Hawks"
Its not orignal but names have never been my strong suit

Caius
07-17-2007, 00:42
I will join as

Almon 're (yellow)- powerful cavalry and infantry/ weak archers
still the same.

seireikhaan
07-17-2007, 00:48
My capital will be on coast of the Semaran Ocean, on the river running east/west in Romaria. My color will be crimson. And the capital will be named Khaanstantinople.

Hey, Motep, is it possible that my capital could be located where I had requested?

Motep
07-17-2007, 16:40
Hey, Motep, is it possible that my capital could be located where I had requested?

You cannot put your capital outside of your territory.

Motep
07-17-2007, 16:57
still the same.

That is no longer a valid region.

Updated Map:

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/resizedmap2.jpg

seireikhaan
07-17-2007, 18:28
You cannot put your capital outside of your territory.

Ah, ok, I get. Obviously, I didn't look at the map carefully enough. Do I get defensive bonuses since pretty much all my territory is woods and mountains?

Motep
07-19-2007, 04:45
Ah, ok, I get. Obviously, I didn't look at the map carefully enough. Do I get defensive bonuses since pretty much all my territory is woods and mountains?

As I said, the game engine is still in progress. (I dont know yet...I might give you a bonus...maybe...:shifty: )

Motep
07-19-2007, 21:38
The game has been updated! New bonuses and penalties, and the inclusion of seiges. It needs to be tweaked a bit more, and that will be taken care of shortly.

The Stranger
07-19-2007, 21:45
can i join this? or is it still in progres (of making)

Caius
07-20-2007, 00:14
Plain of Caleim - exceptional cavalry/ weak infantry / strong in the plains / strong at sea
I will be those.

Motep
07-20-2007, 01:00
can i join this? or is it still in progres (of making)

Go ahead.

Motep
07-20-2007, 01:01
I will be those.

(Sorry for the double post)

I will need more specific information, such as faction name, capital name, and capital location.

Caius
07-20-2007, 01:08
Isnt Plain of Caleim a faction?
Capital name: Calim
Capital location:To be decided

Motep
07-20-2007, 01:11
Isnt Plain of Caleim a faction?
Capital name: Calim
Capital location:To be decided

The plisn of caliem is an area. You can rename it if you wish.

The Stranger
07-20-2007, 17:56
I'll be Somaria, capitalname: Occultia

capitallocation, in the upperleftwoods at the seaside...

Motep
07-20-2007, 21:46
I'll be Somaria, capitalname: Occultia

capitallocation, in the upperleftwoods at the seaside...

right. I will update once Caius decides his capitals location

Xehh II
07-21-2007, 07:41
Am I in this game?

Motep
07-21-2007, 23:57
Yes, i just havent updated yet. I will tomorrow.

Motep
07-23-2007, 04:47
you people forgot colors.

Twilightblade
07-23-2007, 08:47
Is the majority of Yaltar in the desert seeing as it says exceptional in the desert?

pevergreen
07-23-2007, 08:47
orange.

Ignoramus
07-23-2007, 08:53
I shall be Caladonia(if I may?)

The Capital shall be Sterling in the centre of the forest.

Motep
07-23-2007, 16:51
Is the majority of Yaltar in the desert seeing as it says exceptional in the desert?

That was a typo. It has been corrected.

And i still need three peoples colors.

Xehh II
07-23-2007, 18:23
I just realised something, I chose the worst faction in the game, Temil doesn't have much going for it, not even a good position, too late to switch I suppose.

Motep
07-24-2007, 06:06
I just realised something, I chose the worst faction in the game, Temil doesn't have much going for it, not even a good position, too late to switch I suppose.

yes, its already on the map. too late.

Sarathos
07-25-2007, 10:34
So lets play then

Twilightblade
07-26-2007, 02:45
Patience sarathos it will start in good time (I hope)

Sarathos
07-26-2007, 03:06
No TBlade, I WANT TO PLAY NOW!!!!!!!!!

Motep
07-26-2007, 04:16
No TBlade, I WANT TO PLAY NOW!!!!!!!!!

We have three people who have no colors or capital. If they do not give a color or capital in 24 (ish) hours will start with random stuff.

Twilightblade
07-26-2007, 08:31
Sounds fair to me

Sarathos
07-27-2007, 00:13
Ok, thats kool

People hurry up and get ready.....:whip:

Twilightblade
07-27-2007, 03:02
Only a couple hrs to go

I really want this game to start

Motep
07-27-2007, 06:59
I should have it up pretty soon.

Sarathos
07-27-2007, 08:51
Alright :2thumbsup:

Motep
07-28-2007, 00:57
Alright :2thumbsup:

whoops, forgot again.

Ok, Ill get to updating the map now.

Ignoramus
07-28-2007, 01:36
What about me?

Motep
07-28-2007, 04:03
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/resizedmap3.jpg

This is the starting map, and you each start with 7500 gold. Let the fun begin!

Turns due next weekend

Xehh II
07-28-2007, 10:50
Do we PM you our turns?

Twilightblade
07-29-2007, 01:05
I would assume that we would

Caius
07-29-2007, 01:13
Where is my capital?

Twilightblade
07-29-2007, 01:25
Ummm how far can armies move per turn and what is the maximum distance from a capital (Edit:or even another city) that a city can be built?

Motep
07-29-2007, 06:11
sigh...about an inch! Read the stupid info thing, damnit!!!

Motep
07-29-2007, 06:12
Where is my capital?

I forgot to add it, and will tomorrow.

Twilightblade
07-30-2007, 07:37
sigh...about an inch! Read the stupid info thing, damnit!!!

Well I did and I couldn't find any mention of distances

Motep
07-30-2007, 07:48
One turn’s marching distance is roughly one inch on the map (one-half inch in rough terrain)

Look under miltary.

Motep
07-30-2007, 07:57
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/resizedmap4.jpg

new map

Twilightblade
07-30-2007, 07:57
Ahhh missed it thx:bow:

Sarathos
07-30-2007, 08:32
So, new player...:smash:

Motep
07-30-2007, 08:54
So, new player...:smash:

Its just Caius

pevergreen
07-30-2007, 10:52
still not sure, can i get into black through the bottom of the map?

Motep
07-30-2007, 21:03
still not sure, can i get into black through the bottom of the map?

Yes, you can. I will have to make another one of these someday with a better mmap.

Motep
07-30-2007, 21:07
The economy will be an issue in this game. Trade and income are important factors. Each active cities economies will be rated on a scale of 1-5. All cities start at level 1. This number, multiplied by 200, will give you the total taxes taken from that city each turn. You can increse the level of a city by paying 500 to get to level 2, 1000 to get to to three, 2000 to get to four, and 3000 to get to five (you may not skip a level; i.e, go from level 1 to 5) . Trade is also important, all neighboring players trade with each other automatically unless they are at war. Trade adds 25 gold income per trade route. You will start with a treasury of 7500

Game edits

Twilightblade
07-30-2007, 23:40
Now I need to rethink my orders

Sarathos
07-31-2007, 02:15
Its just Caius

No, I meant Ignoramus being added

Sarathos
07-31-2007, 02:17
And a question to Ignoramus, whats going down with 'Middles Ages'?

The Stranger
07-31-2007, 22:46
eh btw... do you start with an army or not?

Motep
08-01-2007, 08:36
eh btw... do you start with an army or not?

no you do not

Twilightblade
08-03-2007, 04:35
pm's due today are they not?

have I sent mine?

The Stranger
08-03-2007, 16:54
not today... tommorrow isnt it...

Motep
08-03-2007, 21:18
Pms are due today!

We only have orders from twilightblade, pever, and Xehh.

Twilightblade
08-04-2007, 07:03
Well that answers my question

The Stranger
08-04-2007, 18:03
bit late but anyways... i assume orders are daily now... ill send mine anyway...

Twilightblade
08-05-2007, 00:37
So Motep any chance of a key showing exactly how far an army can move?

Motep
08-05-2007, 06:43

I love you guys, I really do. If you need one, fine, it'll be my pleasure. Besides, i wont be able to most anything more untill next weekend, so spread the word around, ok?

Xehh II
08-05-2007, 16:24

Let's keep it friendly, shall we?

Caius
08-05-2007, 16:33
Hello Xehh II,

Please, dont insult in one or another way to another members.

See you around

Garcilaso

pevergreen
08-06-2007, 00:00
calm down. Motep, you need to take a middle stance. Deal with the members playing.

Twilightblade
08-06-2007, 02:38
Are you an idiot? He's said it twice already, and I thought I was the idiot of the bunch, looks like I was wrong.

No, I just happen to want a regulated distance so that it's easy to tell how far everyone gets to move so that there are no complaints that someone thought that they could move further than they did etc.

Xehh II
08-12-2007, 05:43
What's up? This dead?

Caius
08-12-2007, 05:45
Very dead, I say.

pevergreen
08-13-2007, 01:15
yup.

Lets move on.

Motep
08-13-2007, 17:19
Good plan. Lets al juts call it dead and leave it alone, ok?

pevergreen
08-14-2007, 02:20
Sure.

Sarathos
08-16-2007, 00:02
Motep, this is your second dead game...... :shame:

Motep
08-16-2007, 21:00
Motep, this is your second dead game...... :shame:

Not unless you want to count the ones in the chapter house.

No, wait. Its the third failure in the gameroom.

Sarathos
08-21-2007, 02:53
Bl :no:

Andres
08-21-2007, 08:12
Game dead = thread closed.

For future reference: keep it nice and friendly, thank you :bow: