PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a file (menu background animation)

Seijitai
07-09-2007, 22:15
Hello ! I'm trying to locate the "moving background" from the Shogun Total War menu, but couldn't find it until now... :sweatdrop: Do you know where I can find that file or is it somehow "hardcoded" in the files ?

As I'm really skilled in english :beam: , here is a pic from what I'm looking for... Thank you very much for your attention ! :2thumbsup:

https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3637/shogbackgroundju4.jpg

Puzz3D
07-12-2007, 16:03
I looked for it in my STW installation, but I didn't find an external file for the backround scene. However, there must be one because R'as used that backround for the Samurai Wars mod.

R'as al Ghul
07-13-2007, 11:06
Hi Seijitai,

like barocca said in the other thread, the animations are stored in the files
right.cmd and left.cmd in the frontend files folder.
Both games, STW and Medieval, use these files. Medieval has knights instead of Samurai. It's a simple matter of swapping the Medieval Knights for the Samurai by overwriting the Medieval .cmd files with the Shogun ones. This, fortunately for us, works between those two games.
Rome and M2 use completely different engines and file structures, though. There's no way to simply add those files to Rome. One would have to extract the animations from the files and then try to convert them to whatever animation format is played in the Rome frontend. Unfortunately, I've no idea what a .cmd file is, nor how to edit it.
When you search for the file extension, this is what you get:

CMD Command file for Windows NT (similar to a DOS .BAT file)
CMD DOS CP/M command file
CMD dBase-II program file
Neither of those three is an animation or movie format.
Sorry, that's all I know.

R'as

Seijitai
07-17-2007, 08:44
Sorry for the late answer... Just back from a few days off :laugh4:
Thanks for your reply... I never looked inside MTW files and didn't know it shared the same process than STW... So, I'm gonna knock on CA's doors :laugh4: