PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Orcs

overkill1991
07-11-2007, 23:43
Hey guys, i just had this great idea for orcs.

Orcs aren't 1 nation, orcs consist of a lot of warbands with a warboss leading them.

in the lore..

When a strong orc warboss kills another weaker warboss the orcs of the dead warboss will sometimes join the other warboss' army.

or a strong orc beats up the current warboss and he becomes the new warboss.

In the mod..

I dont know if its possible but i was thinking of the following:

when you play as the orc faction a lot of provinces near you will be controlled by rebels, make all these rebels just rebel orcs. (other warbands)

when you have a general in your army and you manage to kill the other general with your general unit you win the battle. (like a warboss defeating another warboss)

after you have won the battle you can do multiple things, let all the orcs that are left join you, or kill them or whatever.

if something like this can be implented then winning really offers more than just 1 extra victory. it will actually make your own general (warboss) feared and this will result in the defeated orcs joining your army/warband.

i hope you guys understand what im trying to say.
imo it would be nice if a thing like this would be possible.

oh and i didnt put this in the ''suggestion box'' because its just for ideas and not for comments, so please comment on my idea and say if its possible/not possible or maybe add something to it.

Born in lust for blood
07-12-2007, 01:17
Good idea and that's what mostly happens however I dont believe it can be done game-wise. Instead the vassail or a new merge factions option might be more ideal. After you've conquered eg 2 settlements you offer this choice and they might accept it or not. Because most of the times, weaker warbosses dont get killed. They just join the stronger one in WAAAAAGHHH.

Eufarius
07-12-2007, 02:03
Waaaaagh!!!

uanime5
07-13-2007, 11:54
In M2TW the council often rewards you for being sucessful or gives you units for completing missions. This could be modified so that if the orcs complete missions lesser factions join them (get units) or pay tribute to them (get money).

essi2
07-15-2007, 10:28
In M2TW the council often rewards you for being sucessful or gives you units for completing missions. This could be modified so that if the orcs complete missions lesser factions join them (get units) or pay tribute to them (get money).

that's a pretty good idea:yes:

Jargon
07-16-2007, 08:08
Is there still the problem of a mission tailored for one faction will be shared by all? What seperates the missions for each faction, culture? If so, and if Orcs are in a culture of their own (Islam?) then that would work nicely.

tito
07-20-2007, 16:36
there is some dark orc for elite troops?

Bwian
07-20-2007, 17:19
Yup ...black orcs are bigger and badder than the ordinary variety