PDA

View Full Version : Update to EB for BI Installer

Ferromancer
07-16-2007, 16:49
I have updated my installer that makes Europa Barbarorum compatible with Barbarian Invasion. The update is to the optional component that adds Schiltrom to some units, and expands the number of units who can make a Shield Wall.

The full description and download link is here (http://intellectuallystimulating.blogspot.com/2007/07/europa-barbarorum-for-barbarian.html)

mcantu
07-16-2007, 16:58
This sounds great! I'll try is as soon as I finish my current campaign...

Ferromancer
07-16-2007, 17:17
This should be compatible with with all save games if you've manually enabled EB in BI in the past by copying over folders and whatnot. I even got it to work with a save game that was using watchman's mod, by wiping out EB and reinstalling EB then applying my patch. Installing this thing directly over a minimod is not recommended.

If your currently save game is in EB with vanilla RTW, I don't think you'll be able to continue a campaign using EB with BI.

Oh, and how long does it take you to finish a campaign? I've been playing my Romani campaign for a few months and I've only 30 turns past the polybian reforms.

mcantu
07-16-2007, 19:29
I'm using the City Mod, Watchman's Mod and the AI Balancing Mod. I doubt it'll be save-game compatible...

Sarkiss
08-29-2007, 18:43
i'm surprised it didnt get attention it deserves.
great job. thanks a lot for this installer:yes:

mcantu
09-07-2007, 12:35
Will you be updating the installer when the new version of EB comes out?

Bootsiuv
09-08-2007, 16:43
Wow....the only reason I never decided to run EB on BI was because I couldn't be bothered to do all of the file changing, copying, etc. (and undoubtedly screw something up in the process).

Now it's so easy....after my current Baktrian campaign, I'll definitely give this a try. Great Job Ferromancer

Sarkiss
09-08-2007, 16:53
someone sticky this please

Bootsiuv
09-08-2007, 17:07
I don't think they sticky unofficial mods.

Probably because that could be construed as official support for an unofficial mod.

A case could be made for several mods being stickied (city mod, ai balancing mod, first cohort, etc.), but those haven't been stickied either.

Hell, MAA is a moderator with an unofficial mod, and his mod isn't stickied.

I think we're just doomed to search for things....but YOU can sticky any thread for your own personal use (just in case you weren't aware of that option, it's proven very useful for me). :)

Ferromancer
09-08-2007, 18:26
Will you be updating the installer when the new version of EB comes out?

If and when a new version comes out, it shouldn't be hard to update the installer.

MerlinusCDXX
09-10-2007, 00:36
Nice...this sounds really cool. I have a couple of questions (don't want to mess anything up) How do I install this thing ? my guess is
1-RTW/BI/patch 1.6
2-EB
3-your installer
4-any minimods I use (AI balancing, CityMod, 1st Cohort etc.)

let me know if that is the correct install order

THANX

Ferromancer
09-12-2007, 03:59
Nice...this sounds really cool. I have a couple of questions (don't want to mess anything up) How do I install this thing ? my guess is
1-RTW/BI/patch 1.6
2-EB
3-your installer
4-any minimods I use (AI balancing, CityMod, 1st Cohort etc.)

let me know if that is the correct install order

THANX

Please note that if you install any minimods, the uninstaller might get broken. Also, any other mods will likely overwrite the archer/slinger sound fix and any shieldwall/schiltrom settings. Therefore, if you are installing any minimods, uncheck the option to install schiltrom/shieldwall/canswim/soundfix, because the results will be unpredictable.

Calypze
09-14-2007, 22:23
Please note that if you install any minimods, the uninstaller might get broken. Also, any other mods will likely overwrite the archer/slinger sound fix and any shieldwall/schiltrom settings. Therefore, if you are installing any minimods, uncheck the option to install schiltrom/shieldwall/canswim/soundfix, because the results will be unpredictable.

Please confirm if that is the supposed install order. Right now, I don't have EB installed. I've reserved a copy of the original BI 1.6 folder for EB (the original one went for IB). So please tell me in which order I should install it all.

Theages
09-15-2007, 10:21
Is there anywhere a list of the files altered / replaced by the installer ? This would make it easier to make minimods compatible.

Ferromancer
09-17-2007, 01:55
Here is part of the script I'm using to build the installer. It should give you an idea of what files are being copied. I hope that helps:

Section "MainSection" SEC01
SetOutPath "$INSTDIR"
SetOverwrite On
; Copy campaign directory
CopyFiles "${EB_CAMPAIGN}\imperial_campaign" "${EB_CAMPAIGN}\barbarian_invasion" 50884
; Copy settlements
CopyFiles "${EB_TEXT}\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt" "${EB_TEXT}\barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.txt"
; Delete temp map file to prevent crashing
Rename "${EB_MAPS}\base\map.rwm" "${EB_MAPS}\base\eb_before_bi_map.rwm"
SectionEnd

Section "Enable Shield Wall" SEC02
SetOutPath "$INSTDIR"
SetOverwrite On
; Copy over UI icons to prevent garbled shieldwall icon
Rename "${EB_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\barbarian\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
Rename "${EB_UI}\nomad\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\nomad\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\nomad\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\nomad\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
Rename "${EB_UI}\roman\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\roman\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\roman\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\roman\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
; Not sure what to do with the rest of the cultures, so just copy the icon from "barbarian"
Rename "${EB_UI}\carthaginian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\carthaginian\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\carthaginian\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
Rename "${EB_UI}\EASTERN\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\EASTERN\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\EASTERN\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
Rename "${EB_UI}\EGYPTIAN\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\EGYPTIAN\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\EGYPTIAN\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
Rename "${EB_UI}\GREEK\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\GREEK\interface\eb_before_bi_battlepage_03.tga"
CopyFiles "${BI_UI}\barbarian\interface\battlepage_03.tga" "${EB_UI}\GREEK\interface\battlepage_03.tga"
SetOutPath "$INSTDIR\EB\Data"
; Copy unit descriptions to enable shieldwall, warcry, can_swim
Rename "export_descr_unit.txt" "eb_before_bi_export_descr_unit.txt"
File "export_descr_unit.txt"
; Copy projectile descriptions
Rename "descr_projectile.txt" "eb_before_bi_descr_projectile.txt"
File "descr_projectile.txt"
Rename "descr_projectile_new.txt" "eb_before_bi_descr_projectile_new.txt"
File "descr_projectile_new.txt"
; Copy new projectile models and textures
Rename "MODELS_MISSILE" "eb_before_bi_MODELS_MISSILE"
File /r "MODELS_MISSILE"
SectionEnd

Calypze
09-18-2007, 08:09
Again, please tell in which order all things are supposed to be installed. Right now I have a BI 1.6 reserved for an EB installation (i.e EB is not istalled at the moment). Should I install EB or your fix first?

Ferromancer
09-19-2007, 14:17
Again, please tell in which order all things are supposed to be installed. Right now I have a BI 1.6 reserved for an EB installation (i.e EB is not istalled at the moment). Should I install EB or your fix first?

The order you posted was just fine, but that wasn't the point of my reply. If you are installing minimods you should uncheck the option to install the shieldwall and other modifications, because things will get totally screwed up if you don't.

Calypze
09-20-2007, 09:10
The order you posted was just fine, but that wasn't the point of my reply. If you are installing minimods you should uncheck the option to install the shieldwall and other modifications, because things will get totally screwed up if you don't.

Ok, thank you. It seems that the whole thing works well now.

I wonder if it is possible to add the horde ability to some factions? I think that would fit at least the nomad factions, i.e the Sauromatae and the Saka Rauka. How do I do that?

mcantu
10-12-2007, 14:17
Please note that until this is updated for 1.0, you must leave the 'enable shieldwall' option unchecked or it will kill the new EDU

MiniMe
10-12-2007, 19:17
Great job, Mcantu.
Thanx a lot =)

Sarkiss
10-12-2007, 19:22
i dont think BI's formations work well with EB statuses and idiotic AI doesnt know how to properly use it anyway. so if i uncheck 'enable shieldwall' will it prevent form getting them enabled completely?

mcantu
10-12-2007, 20:30
Leaving 'enable shieldwall' unchecks leaves the 1.0 EDU untouched...thats what you want

Sarkiss
10-13-2007, 10:49
Leaving 'enable shieldwall' unchecks leaves the 1.0 EDU untouched...thats what you want
great, thanks!

Ferromancer
10-16-2007, 15:19
Pardon my absence folks, but I'm getting married this weekend :) As you can imagine, this means I won't be updating my installer in the next week. HOWEVER, it seems people can still use my installer as long as they leave the "shield wall" option unchecked.

Before I update, I need a little help from you fine folks. In EB 1.0, are the sling units still using archer sound effects?

Kurulham
10-17-2007, 06:25
Congratulations!

And no, they're not.

Mouzafphaerre
10-17-2007, 14:29
Congrats Ferromancer! :balloon: :balloon2: :balloon3:

CountArach
10-20-2007, 03:50
Congfrats Ferromancer! :balloon:

Ferromancer
10-23-2007, 03:45
Thanks everybody for the well wishes :beam:

Thank God they fixed that sound effects bug. That'll make my life easier. Now if I could just get over my hang over from too much red bull and beer...

johhny-turbo
11-11-2007, 00:34
Is this compatible with 1.0?

MoROmeTe
11-11-2007, 12:44
Yes, just be sure to uncheck the second option when installing...

Marcus Publius
11-13-2007, 17:29
Why Shieldwall , Schiltrom and Warcry doesn't work :dizzy2:

Marcus Publius
11-13-2007, 17:50
I have EB 1.0 :help:

Admetos
11-13-2007, 18:07
Because this hasn't been updated for 1.0 yet, so when you un-check the second option, which I assume is for shieldwall, warcry etc, it dosen't change the edu, if it did, you wouldn't be able to play the game at all.

Marcus Publius
11-13-2007, 22:35
Because this hasn't been updated for 1.0 yet, so when you un-check the second option, which I assume is for shieldwall, warcry etc, it dosen't change the edu, if it did, you wouldn't be able to play the game at all.

ok thanks :yes: i will wait for updated installer :balloon2:

LotW89
11-27-2007, 13:16
Will this work if I installed your installer first and after that the permanent fixes from here? https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=93820
Or is the installer broken after that?

brymht
11-27-2007, 21:41
I'm in the process of making unit changes atm. My campaign is from a roman perspective, but I'm adding Shieltrom, Shield_Wall, Warcry, and Swimming to all relevan units. I will post once I'm done, and you guys can feel free o use as a base to build and mod off of.

FYI, while most naked ype light infantr WILL have swim ability, VERT few unis will have Shieltrom and Warcry.

Shield_Wall will be fairly common, but in order for the legions to get them, i had to take out Testudo. This made me sad.

HamilcarBarca
04-13-2008, 16:56
Is this compatible wh 1.1?

H.

The Wicked
04-13-2008, 19:16
Is this compatible wh 1.1?

H.

Same question here...

Calypze
04-25-2008, 19:02
Same question here...

I wonder too...

Theages
04-26-2008, 10:02
To answer the question in short: No, it is not compatible

When using the shieldwall etc option the installer replaces the EDU with a version based on EB10. Since there were alterations to this file in EB11, you would at least have old unit stats. Since there were units added since EB10, I guess it will not work at all.
I think that nightbattles option will also not work, since this replaces the EDCT file (and related files). You will at the least lose the alterations made to these files in EB11. It may even not work at all.
Also the desc_strat.txt file would be replaced with an old version.

Calypze
04-26-2008, 12:11
Alright I see. Is there any quick road to make BI.exe compatible with EB 1.1?

mcantu
04-26-2008, 13:25
all you have to do to make this work with 1.1 is NOT select the formations option during install. i've used this version for 0.8x, 1.0, 1.1 with no problems when used like this...