PDA

View Full Version : other faction

tito
07-20-2007, 17:38
what happen for tilia, arabia,ungol and the other faction?

Gurkhal
07-20-2007, 18:31
I think that the Ungols are an ethnic group of Kislev, and so wouldn't really warrend a faction as they serve the Kislevite Tzar. The others I belive are so internally divided that they keep themselves unified for five seconds. The best solution would probably be, if one wants a faction over there, to make one of the many city-states and allow it to unify the area, rather than a unified country.

thrashing mad
07-20-2007, 22:02
I think that Arabia, Estalia, Tilea or Albion can be done without much effort, using vanilla units of eg. Moors, Spain, Milan and Scotland/England.

tito
07-21-2007, 09:23
cathay?

overkill1991
07-21-2007, 13:23
i think the factions you guys just mentioned aren't even on the current map

Bwian
07-21-2007, 18:19
There was quite a bit of consideration done with regard to which factons would be made/not made. Ultimately, we had to have 2 things to make a faction 'viable'

1) It needed to fit onto an area of map that we could sensibly make

2) It had to have enough units/data to make it a viable and buildable faction

We also had to consider just how much work is needed to make a complete faction, with all the models, skins etc. that are required to make it look good. This was why we decided to limit to total number of factions in the initial release. If we tried to do them all right off the bat, we would end up with nothing finished!

We figured we could always release add-on races where the map allowed, or make individual special units from the excluded factions to bring in as mercenaries or rebel units.

It's a balancing act, and there are bound to be factions that people want that we are not planning to make..... but we had to start somewhere... and the biggest factions are the ones we started with.
Once we have done those, we can think about other additions, like Kislev, wood elves and suchlike.

Zapp
07-23-2007, 11:51
I think that the Ungols are an ethnic group of Kislev, and so wouldn't really warrend a faction as they serve the Kislevite Tzar. The others I belive are so internally divided that they keep themselves unified for five seconds. The best solution would probably be, if one wants a faction over there, to make one of the many city-states and allow it to unify the area, rather than a unified country.

WTF, Gurkhal?! You here too? Cool :)

Anyway, my opinion.... screw those factions. I've seen enough warhammer mods where they started by doing tilea and shit.. It's a waste of time, the highest priority should be the major factions with miniatures.

Spankfurt
07-27-2007, 02:52
Zomg! we`re all here!

Yeah dont even bother with small factions not even made in GW. I think everybody here would be quite content with them, and if they aren`t....Why don`t they try it :idea2:

grailknight
08-19-2007, 22:07
I think that Arabia, Estalia, Tilea or Albion can be done without much effort, using vanilla units of eg. Moors, Spain, Milan and Scotland/England.

Im guessing you are saying that English units should be used for Albion, which ones? Albion is not England in the Medieval Ages even though it is the ancient name for Britain. England, combined with France, is closest to Bretonnia in the Warhammer world.

GabrielTam
08-22-2007, 12:55
What do you think about Kislev? It has their own nation, capital, unique armed forces. It can be done from "vanilla" M2TW roster, from Poland and Russia units. Kislev lancers are poland hussars with javelin ability of russian boyar sons. Woodcutters from Croatia and cossak horce archers can fit perfectly. Add norse swordmen and huscarls as militia units, and there will be a half of Kislev army already.

Enthes
08-22-2007, 16:20
I think GW only let you mod a game if you mod the entire game as in none of the original units and u have to keep with the fluff. (i could be wrong though)

Jubal_Barca
08-22-2007, 18:30
You are allowed to use original game models, but you MUST keep with the fluff...

thrashing mad
08-22-2007, 19:19
What do you think about Kislev? It has their own nation, capital, unique armed forces. It can be done from "vanilla" M2TW roster, from Poland and Russia units. Kislev lancers are poland hussars with javelin ability of russian boyar sons. Woodcutters from Croatia and cossak horce archers can fit perfectly. Add norse swordmen and huscarls as militia units, and there will be a half of Kislev army already.

Well Winged Lancers are more similar to Polish-Lithuanian XVII century Husaria - something much different from early hungarian-style light hussars:
http://husaria1.webpark.pl/gfx/husarz3d.jpg

Bwian
08-22-2007, 19:46
Kislev is a faction I would like to do.... but it will be released only after we have an initial full release and have done hte inevitable bug-fixing and post release patching!

Stratos
08-22-2007, 20:06
Don't know If is possible to share models, or if the mod creatros will like to share, but add a couple of kislevies units to the Empire can be very cool, specially if they look that good!!

http://totalwar.iatp.org.ua/gallery/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=11

http://tw.org.ua/index.php?option=com_datsogallery&Itemid=0&func=detail&id=145