PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

Caius
07-23-2007, 03:42
I want to start one IH, but Im kinda lost and I dont have many ideas. Can someone enlighten me?

seireikhaan
07-23-2007, 03:56
Hmm, probably want to start with something relatively small, if you haven't done any yet. My suggestion? Three kingdoms in China. I think there are probably enough ROTK fans and people who just like IH's to fill the slots nicely, while still having something manageable in size.

Derfasciti
07-23-2007, 06:35
I personally have no experience in creating one but I do know that it will probably take a lot of time, patience and research on your part. Be prepared for that.

As for ideas, i'd personally like to see a Harry Turtledove TL-191 IH come up here. But that's just me...

Gurkhal
07-23-2007, 08:17
I'd like to see something about Ancient history. If possible even before the Romans. Although Romans are a great deal of fun as well.

Franconicus
07-23-2007, 09:15
First of all, you should decide if you want to have a:

1) battle in the CA style
2) a military campaign in the Kraxis style.
3) a multiplayer story in the Legio style

If you know, maybe I can make some proposals. :stupido:

CountArach
07-23-2007, 11:20
Do whatever you know the most about. I would also suggest something a bit unusual that a lot of people aren't too knowledgeable about.

Caius
07-24-2007, 03:06
Do whatever you know the most about. I would also suggest something a bit unusual that a lot of people aren't too knowledgeable about.
Im not good at any period.

Marshal Murat
07-24-2007, 03:20
Well....
How about the war between Chile, Peru, and Bolivia?

There are alot of interesting situations that you could explore....
I'm getting a hankering for a good Eastern Front Interactive...

Seign Thelas
07-24-2007, 04:01
I would definitely join one about Three Kingdoms China.

Tran
07-24-2007, 05:01
I want to start one IH, but Im kinda lost and I dont have many ideas. Can someone enlighten me?
What historical period/war/battle are you most interested?

Warluster
07-25-2007, 10:23
Maybe, as a suggestion, you could, as suggested, choose the era or battle you find most appealing, then single out some, and make a poll in the Chapter House?

Caius
07-26-2007, 02:21
What historical period/war/battle are you most interested?
Romans and The Inca period.

Maybe something can come up.

Marshal Murat
07-26-2007, 03:47
How about the Incan Civil War?

CountArach
07-26-2007, 10:28
Yes Incans would be great, because no one has tried that before.

Franconicus
07-26-2007, 13:47
Well, I would love to see Cesar vs. Vercingetorix, either the battle or the whole campaign.

Or Mexico. The Juarez, Maximilian/Napoleon III story.

Rodion Romanovich
08-05-2007, 12:30
Good suggestion, Julius Caesar vs Vercingetorix (especially if the players get to be Vercingetorix)

A few other ideas of the roman period that come to mind:
- Carthage 218 BC (just before Hannibal's legendary Alp crossing, with the option of choosing another grand strategy and see what the outcome of that would be - could Hannibal have won?)
- 117 AD revolt in Cyrenaica (playing as the rebels. A 200,000 man strong roman army is nearby in Mesopotamia, but if Egypt can be captured quickly enough - it is easy defensive ground, and if Egypt is held long enough both the city of Rome and this 200,000 man army could be starved to a critical point where Rome might accept some form of surrender. Additionally Mesopotamia, Dacia and Cyprus are revolting simultanously to your revolt)
- Spartacus vs Pompey (with the challenge of finding a way to gain a lasting, strategic victory out of a temporarily tactically successful gladiator revolt)
- the Second and Third Samnite wars 327 BC - 290 BC (playing as Rome - at a crucial time of roman military reforms to cope with the difficult Samnite opposition that is superior at fighting in mountain terrain)
- Roman attempt at conquering Germania (beginning after the Teutoburg forest massacre, the desperate shortage of troop recruitment material means that victory isn't enough - your losses must be much lower than those suffered by the Germanic tribes led by Arminius)

Caius
08-08-2007, 22:17
Can you reccomend me a good site where I can make battles and results?

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
08-10-2007, 21:07
something involing the Swiss or the Mongols would be great man :-)