PDA

View Full Version : Mini game: The Cult [Concluded]

Warmaster Horus
07-25-2007, 17:23
Okay, my turn to host! Tremble in fear!

Not really. It's going to be a basic small game, quite like Sasaki's.

Roles for 7 players:
1 Cult Leader
4 Cultists
1 Heretic
1 Secret Role

Basically, it's Cultists vs the Heretic, with a 7th person to spice things up.
The Heretic will win by killing the Cult Leader. The Cultists will win if both the Heretic and the 7th player are discovered. The Cultists know who their Leader is, but the Leader doesn't know who they are. Otherwise there would be no point to this game, which explains an interdiction to communicate between players about this game outside of thread.

To kill the Cult Leader, the Heretic must post Kill:player. If he is right, then he has won, if he is wrong, then he has lost. If/when he is lynched, he will have the right to post a kill. If he is correct, then he wins. If he is wrong, then he loses.

The Secret Role is obviously secret, so there's not much I can say about him here.

There is no night time, because no roles have night actions. Majority to lynch (I'll post the amount of votes necessary). Other normal rules apply, bold your votes, and if there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Signed up: Closed
Sasaki Kojiro
woad&fangs
Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca
Andres
Omanes Alexandropolites
Ichigo
Louis VI the Fat

Sasaki Kojiro
07-25-2007, 17:26
in!

woad&fangs
07-25-2007, 17:43
So this is like Assasin Mafia plus a secret role right? I'm in

Caius
07-25-2007, 17:56
Why not?

Andres
07-25-2007, 18:13
In.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-25-2007, 18:22
In!

Although I may have to step out at a point. Sorry.

Csargo
07-25-2007, 19:25
:soapbox:

Louis VI the Fat
07-25-2007, 19:27
In!

Edit: Hah! That's seven. These mini McMafia's fill up quickly.

Edit 2: I take it no PM's are allowed?

seireikhaan
07-25-2007, 19:29
In.

Edit: damn, too late, again. These things always fill up before I can get in.

Andres
07-25-2007, 19:55
Edit 2: I take it no PM's are allowed?

It's even worse:

interdiction to communicate outside of thread.

It seems like I can't even talk to my wife as long as this game lasts... Unless she creates an account at the Org and starts posting in this thread.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-25-2007, 19:59
:laugh4:

Csargo
07-25-2007, 20:12
I guess there's no point in doing anything else until this games over then...

Warmaster Horus
07-25-2007, 21:19
Okay, okay, the wording was perhaps not very well chosen...

Rephrased.

PMs going out.

Warmaster Horus
07-25-2007, 21:45
Pms are out. The game has started.

Day 1. There are seven of you alive. You have decided to kill one in your midst, in fear that they might be the Heretic.

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.

Andres
07-25-2007, 21:46
Vote : Sasaki

Yes! I've beaten Ichigo to it :grin:

Sasaki Kojiro
07-25-2007, 21:54
vote:sasaki

I beat Ichigo too!

Csargo
07-25-2007, 21:56
:sweatdrop: eh...

Louis VI the Fat
07-25-2007, 22:49
Hm, it's just like Sasaki's mini-mafia. Four players know who the king is, plus the king himself. One doesn't know, which should be his undoing. In the previous game, we failed to pull off a trap by pitting the king against a guard and then forcing people to chose. Maybe we can do it succesfully this time?

Then we have the added twist of a secret role. Pro cult, pro mafia, or with an agenda of his own, like in CountArach's mini-mafia? Would he know who the cult leader is? Who the heretic is?

I think Ichigo not jumping at the opportunity to bandwagon Sasaki seems awfully suspicious. Let's lynch him.

Vote: Ichigo

Can we keep a tally please?
Sasaki 2 - (Andres, Sasaki)
Ichigo 1 - (Louis)

Csargo
07-25-2007, 23:00
Hm, it's just like Sasaki's mini-mafia. Four players know who the king is, plus the king himself. One doesn't know, which should be his undoing. In the previous game, we failed to pull off a trap by pitting the king against a guard and then forcing people to chose. Maybe we can do it succesfully this time?

Then we have the added twist of a secret role. Pro cult, pro mafia, or with an agenda of his own, like in CountArach's mini-mafia? Would he know who the cult leader is? Who the heretic is?

I think Ichigo not jumping at the opportunity to bandwagon Sasaki seems awfully suspicious. Let's lynch him.

Ichigo 1 - (Louis)

Don't you think it would be kinda dumb if I put the third vote on Sasaki? Someone could swoop in and lynch Sasaki ending the round earlier than it should be.

Vote:Louis for thinking it's a good idea to lynch someone this early in the round.

Edit:Tally
Ichigo 1 - (Louis)
Louis 1-(Ichigo)

Louis VI the Fat
07-25-2007, 23:06
Don't you think it would be kinda dumb if I put the third vote on Sasaki? Yes, it would've seemed awfully suspicious and I would've lynched you for it. :beam:

Sasaki Kojiro
07-25-2007, 23:09
unvote,vote:louis

Sasaki Kojiro
07-25-2007, 23:10
100% sure he's the heretic and I'm not even joking

Csargo
07-25-2007, 23:38
Yes, it would've seemed awfully suspicious and I would've lynched you for it. :beam:

If I do I get lynched, if I don't I get lynched is that it? Seems I'm in a lose lose situation. I chose the third option though.

woad&fangs
07-26-2007, 02:13
After hacking the .Org I have discovered that Louis is the Heretic:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: Sorry, Louis but that was classic:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: In all seriousness though I think Sasaki is right

vote: Louis

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-26-2007, 07:33
This is Louis usual playing style. It's nothing suspitious. Anyhow Sasaki hasn't given a decent reason as to why it is dodgy.

Vote: Sasaki

Csargo
07-26-2007, 07:41
Unvote:Louis
Vote: Omanes

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-26-2007, 08:05
Do you have a reason Ichigo?

Csargo
07-26-2007, 08:17
Do you have a reason Ichigo?

Nope, just didn't like having three votes on Louis. What about your vote on Sasaki?

Andres
07-26-2007, 08:19

Stating the obvious...

Ichigo 1 - (Louis)

He always tries to be the first to vote Sasaki in a mafia game, but he never truly wants to lynch him. Voting with a bad reason.

Unvote ; Vote : Louis

EDIT: tally:

Louis: 3 (Sasaki, w&f, Andres)
Sasaki: 1 (Omanes)
Ichigo: 1 (Louis)
Omanes: 1 (Ichigo)

Omanes Alexandrapolites
07-26-2007, 08:19
Nope, just didn't like having three votes on Louis. What about your vote on Sasaki?He voted for Louis without due cause. He acted like he is doing now in the assasin mafia and turned out to be a guard. I don't see why the situation should be any different here.

Csargo
07-26-2007, 08:43
He voted for Louis without due cause. He acted like he is doing now in the assasin mafia and turned out to be a guard. I don't see why the situation should be any different here.

It's very nice of you to defend him Omanes. So it's not possible for him to mimic his behaviors from then to this game? I find that hard to believe.

I won't put the fourth vote on him though, I'll give him a chance to defend himself, unlike he did for me in CA's game.

CountArach
07-26-2007, 10:37
It seems like I can't even talk to my wife as long as this game lasts... Unless she creates an account at the Org and starts posting in this thread.
:laugh4: :2thumbsup:

*Back to the shadows*

Louis VI the Fat
07-26-2007, 17:24
If I do I get lynched, if I don't I get lynched is that it? Gah! When Andres and Sasaki joke around, nobody cares. When I continue the joke, everybody gets his knickers in a twist. Oh well, I thought it was rather funny - voting you for missing the opportunity to vote Sasaki. Bah, I even added my trademark smiley to make sure it's a joke. I'll save my humour for other threads, this is the second mafia game in a row where it only leads to confusion and gets me in trouble.

I won't put the fourth vote on him though, I'll give him a chance to defend himself, unlike he did for me in CA's gameHang on - I didn't put any deciding vote on you. That game's voting was decided by deadlines, not absolute majorities. You knew when the deadlines were, and didn't post between my vote and the deadline, so it's absolutely not a case of me not giving you a chance to defend yourself. Why do you not know this?

100% sure he's the heretic and I'm not even jokingAlas, you're 100% wrong. You seem sincerely convinced and I'm afraid you'll pursue it throughout the game. The tragedy is, that I do think you are a townie.

My thoughts:
we don't have much to go by yet. However, Warmaster is an experienced mafia player, a good host trying to set up a good game, and he is well aware of the roles in the previous mini-mafias. I think I'll take this into consideration when pondering about the distribution of roles:

Sasaki: the two previous mini-mafia's were won by the mafia. These games are difficult for the town because they go so fast and there's not much to go by initially. I don't think Warmaster would make what's probably the shrewdest mafia player around here the heretic.
Omanes: he was the 'heretic' in the mini game Warmaster participated in. I don't think he'll make Omanes the mafia twice in a row.
W&F: Same as for Omanes. W&F was mafia in the last mini-mafia which ended two days ago. He's probably not mafia twice in a row.
Ichigo: A mafia candidate. Even if I do think he's overreacting a bit, he didn't cast any final vote on me, even when he could've gotten away with it by hiding in the angry mob, which sounds innocent.
Andres: good candidate for mafia. I might cast a vote on him.

Unvote: Ichigo
Vote: Andres

Tally
Louis: 3 (Sasaki, w&f, Andres)
Sasaki: 1 (Omanes)
Andres: 1 (Louis)
Omanes: 1 (Ichigo)

Warmaster Horus
07-26-2007, 17:42
Actually, roles were assigned randomly.

Wrote your names on paper, put them in a hat, took three names out and those names were to be the Heretic, Cult Leader and Secret Role.

Sasaki Kojiro
07-26-2007, 18:25
unvote,vote:Ichigo

Csargo
07-26-2007, 19:08
Gah! When Andres and Sasaki joke around, nobody cares. When I continue the joke, everybody gets his knickers in a twist. Oh well, I thought it was rather funny - voting you for missing the opportunity to vote Sasaki. Bah, I even added my trademark smiley to make sure it's a joke. I'll save my humour for other threads, this is the second mafia game in a row where it only leads to confusion and gets me in trouble.

I figured as much ~;)

Hang on - I didn't put any deciding vote on you. That game's voting was decided by deadlines, not absolute majorities. You knew when the deadlines were, and didn't post between my vote and the deadline, so it's absolutely not a case of me not giving you a chance to defend yourself. Why do you not know this?

I wrote in the thread that I wouldn't be there to defend myself, but that doesn't matter now.

unvote,vote:Ichigo

Any reason behind this?

Csargo
07-26-2007, 20:07
Unvote:Omanes
Vote:Andres

Talk :whip:

Andres
07-26-2007, 20:14
Unvote:Omanes
Vote:Andres

Well, yesterday the weather was good. On the weather forecast yesterday they said it would be rainy today, but all in all, it was a beautiful day. Too bad I had to work, so I couldn't be outside enjoying the nice weather. A pity, but nothing really I can do about it.

We are looking for a house now. Saturday we're going to visit two places. Houses are really expensive. Damn real estate agents. I blame them.

Sasaki seems the real estate agent-type to me, that's why I am going to

Unvote ; vote : Sasaki

Satisfied or should a talk a bit more? We can discuss the Tour de France, European football, Texan steaks, French wine, Sarkozy's underwear, etc, etc...

EDIT: thingies, spelling, blahblahblah

Csargo
07-26-2007, 20:16
Good luck with that.

Andres
07-26-2007, 20:22
Good luck with that.

*sigh*

Louis is right. You guys have no sense of humor.

But your talk vote was a bit hypocritical, Ichigo. Here's a righteous "talk!" vote:

Unvote ; vote : Caius

Csargo
07-26-2007, 20:25
*sigh*

Louis is right. You guys have no sense of humor.

But your talk vote was a bit hypocritical, Ichigo. Here's a righteous "talk!" vote:

Unvote ; vote : Caius

So your not buying a house? I'll keep my vote on you because you're a LIAR!!

woad&fangs
07-26-2007, 20:26
This is a no sense of humour vote:whip:

unvote; Vote: Ichigo

Csargo
07-26-2007, 20:27
This is a no sense of humour vote:whip:

unvote; Vote: Ichigo

:bigcry:

Andres
07-26-2007, 20:28
So your not buying a house? I'll keep my vote on you because you're a LIAR!!

At the moment we are looking/watching, not buying yet. Don't put words in my mouth and call me a liar!

Are you a real estate agent?

Csargo
07-26-2007, 20:31
At the moment we are looking/watching, not buying yet. Don't put words in my mouth and call me a liar!

Are you a real estate agent?

:shifty: Not that I know of. I could have an alter ego though.:shifty: Aye, sorry bout that ole bean. Unliar:Andres

Warmaster Horus
07-26-2007, 21:44
Right, because of Omanes' imminent departure, he has been replaced by greaterkhaan.

seireikhaan
07-26-2007, 22:00
Bah, not much to go on right now. However, I'll vote: Andres.

Reason? He seems to be acting a tad too lackadaisical for a mafia game. In my experience, when he's playing on the town's side, he's quite a mafia hunter, and right now, he just doesn't seem to be taking the game very seriously.

Andres
07-26-2007, 22:04
lackadaisical

I beg you pardon?

Csargo
07-26-2007, 22:05
I beg you pardon?

He's making up words now.:no:

seireikhaan
07-26-2007, 22:06
He's making up words now.:no:

Not made up, I just happen to have a large vocabulary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lackadaisical

Csargo
07-27-2007, 01:28
Not made up, I just happen to have a large vocabulary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lackadaisical

It just looked so fake though. HOW COULD i BE WRONG!?!?

woad&fangs
07-27-2007, 16:33
small vocabulary vote:whip:
unvote ; Vote: Ichigo
Wait, I was already giving him a no sense of humour vote.

In that case I'll have to agree with Corn&Bacon, I was reading some other mafia games and Andres does indeed seem to be more "lackadaisical" than in those games.

unvote ; Vote: Andres

Andres
07-27-2007, 16:40
kill : Louis VI The Fat

Sasaki Kojiro
07-27-2007, 16:45
kill : Louis VI The Fat

unvote,vote:andres

Andres
07-27-2007, 16:46
unvote,vote:andres

I already had 4 votes...

Sasaki Kojiro
07-27-2007, 16:58
Well I think I'll take this oppurtunity to prove that I'm a cultist and not the secret role by saying that Andres made an incorrect choice...

Louis VI the Fat
07-27-2007, 18:34
My vote's already on Andres. :2thumbsup:

I've got to remember acusing mafiosi of being lackadaisical from now on, it works wonders! :balloon2:

Edit: W&F, was your fourth vote an accident? Or did you intent to lynch Andres on the spot?

Andres
07-27-2007, 18:48
nvm

woad&fangs
07-27-2007, 19:07
I thought my vote was the third vote on Andres. I assume the game will last until we catch the Secret Role. I highly doubt that he is pro cult.

Csargo
07-27-2007, 19:45
Is the game over?

Sasaki Kojiro
07-27-2007, 20:42
fos:Ichigo

Csargo
07-27-2007, 20:46
fos:Ichigo

hmm

Sasaki Kojiro
07-27-2007, 21:21
You should know we don't win until the secret role is revealed...

Warmaster Horus
07-27-2007, 21:34
Actually, it is finished.

Andres was the Heretic, woad&fangs was the Cult Leader and Louis VI the Fat had the Secret Role: that of Sympathizer.

The Sympathizer's mission was to not be lynched, and to assist the lynching of the Heretic. In this, Louis won. Congrats!
And, of course, the town won. Congrats!

Boy, this was a short game... I figured it could be.

Louis VI the Fat
07-27-2007, 21:42
:balloon2: :balloon: :balloon2:

Oi, Andres and Sasaki sniffed I was somewhat not my usual innocent townie self. I need to work on that. :sweatdrop:

My secret role was actually pro-cult. Here's my PM:

You are a wanderer, a man looking for a meaning to life. Your purpose brings you in contact with many beliefs; religion, dogmata... And as you search them all, you understand that, while they may not be for you, they suit others perfectly fine. You see that they are content with their lives, and do not wish any harm to come to them.

You come to a new place, where a certain dogma stands true. You know a man conceived it, but you do not know who. You also know that this group is under threat; from that of what they call a Heretic. While you do not necessarily agree with their thoughts and beliefs, you wish to help them find the one who tries to kill their Leader.

Right, after that nice, long introductory text about you, let's look at what you really do:
You are a Sympathizer to this Cult. You don't know who is their Leader, but still you want to find the Heretic. You must remain undetected (that means you musn't die).

You win if you help the lynch of the Heretic. You lose if you are found.
Congrats to the town. And congrats to Andres too - well played, lad! You had us fooled all this time and we had absolutely no idea you were the heretic! ~;p

Thanks for hosting this, Warmaster Horus.

Csargo
07-27-2007, 21:43
Short game. Fun though. I blame Andres for this :grin:

Sasaki Kojiro
07-27-2007, 21:47
Actually I had no idea louis was anything other than an ordinary townie...I was just trying to confuse the heretic and make him think someone was the cult leader who wasn't.

Caius
07-27-2007, 23:07
Total Town Victory!

Andres
07-27-2007, 23:53
Congrats to the town. And congrats to Andres too - well played, lad! You had us fooled all this time and we had absolutely no idea you were the heretic! ~;p

:laugh4:

Bah, guess I'm not good at being mafia.

seireikhaan
07-28-2007, 01:27
Whoo! GO ME! And the rest of the town, of course.:beam: