Andres
07-28-2007, 00:27
Ok, an experimental variant:

The Dirty Lawyers.

Roles:

- One mafioso.
- Four lawyers.
- One private detective, disguised as a lawyer

Vitto Lucatelli is on trial because, well, because he is a mafioso.

He has four dossiers, three fake and one real. The real dossier contains evidence against him, evidence which is strong enough to put him behind bars for at least 25 years.

A mafia henchman has given each lawyer one dossier. Unfortunately, the henchman messed up and when he reported back to his boss, he couldn't tell him which lawyer had the real dossier, heck, he didn't even remember the names of the laywers. Needless to say, the henchman is now sleeping with the fishes, with a bullet in his head. You don't mess with Don Vito! Capice?

A rival gang, probably a Chinese triad, has hired Max Payne, a private detective, who is to retrieve the real dossier.

Vitto calls a meeting with his lawyers. Five lawyers enter the room. Since Vitto gave 4 dossiers to his late henchman, he knows one of them is a fake and so they start quarelling. They have to figure out who the fake lawyer is. Once discovered, he will be forced to confess that he owes Vitto 5.000.000 $ and he will be sued because, well, his lawyers have to earn a living.

The role of the mafioso is public. He doesn't know anything about the other players. Since he is the one who pays the bills, his vote counts double. Don Vito also has a bad temper, so don't make him angry.

The lawyers know who has the real dossier, but they don't know the identity of the other players (except the identity of the mafioso off course).

The private detective needs to steal the real dossier during the meeting. He's got only one chance. If he succeeds, the mafioso will be put behind bars and the lawyers will be fired (pun intended).

Each round, one player will be sued. If you get sued, you'll be convicted to pay the mafioso 5.000.000 $ and you will have to leave the country asap. An unfortunate accident will probably happen to you...

At any stage of the game, the private detective can steal a dossier. He has to post in the thread steal dossier from [player]. He will grab it and run away.

When the private detective gets sued, he gets one chance to steal the dossier and run away. If he steals the wrong dossier, his employers won't be happy...

When the lawyer with the real dossier gets sued, he will give the dossier to the prosecutor in return for protection. The mafioso will go behind bars and his remaining lawyers will 'disappear'. So don't sue the wrong guy!

Off course, all game related communication has to occur in this thread.No quoting, paraphrasing or even alluding to your role pm.

Enough talk and rules already. Sign up and start playing:

Sign-ups closed.

Players:

Stig
Ichigo
CountArach
Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca
pevergreen
greaterkhaan

Stig
07-28-2007, 00:30
First, woot

Csargo
07-28-2007, 00:31
:soapbox:

CountArach
07-28-2007, 00:40
In!

Caius
07-28-2007, 00:42
In, I didnt read the rules :D

pevergreen
07-28-2007, 01:36
in!

seireikhaan
07-28-2007, 01:37
In.

Caius
07-28-2007, 01:43
Thats all the people who need this game to start.

Andres
07-28-2007, 10:39
Role pm's have been sent.

Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca aka Caius is Don Vito Lucatelli

Day 1 begins.

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to 'sue'. Remember, Don Vito's vote counts double.

You are not allowed to quote, paraphrase, refer to or even allude to your role pm.

Good luck and have fun!

Stig
07-28-2007, 15:44
Vote: Greaterkhaan

He is always scummy ~D

seireikhaan
07-28-2007, 18:52
Vote: Greaterkhaan

He is always scummy ~D
~:rolleyes: Lying again, are we Stig? You really should stop it, its a rather bad habit of yours.:no:

Stig
07-28-2007, 18:58
Well we have to start somewhere.

I could simply say that I have the real dossier and get it stolen, but I don't have it. And if I'm correct you don't have it either, so you could be "evil"

seireikhaan
07-28-2007, 19:01
Nay, I don't have the real dossier. Nay am I evil, and thoust will surely suffer a grave peril for attempting to frame me.:yes:

Stig
07-28-2007, 19:06
I don't trust people who talk like Shakespeare ~D

But seriously, vote someone else so we get some discussion going :whip:

Csargo
07-28-2007, 20:24
Vote:CA

>.<

CountArach
07-28-2007, 21:56
Oh yeah! Well in respsonse to that clear lie, I shall

Vote: pever

Caius
07-28-2007, 23:21
Vote:Ichigo

Whats the point of that response to that vote?

Csargo
07-28-2007, 23:38
Vote:Ichigo

Whats the point of that response to that vote?

What's the point of yours?

pevergreen
07-29-2007, 00:15
Indeed, what is the point in playing?
If he is lying, why vote me!

Vote: Ichigo

Im sure he will post a youtube link in retaliation

Csargo
07-29-2007, 00:17
Indeed, what is the point in playing?
If he is lying, why vote me!

Vote: Ichigo

Im sure he will post a youtube link in retaliation

:inquisitive: I never voted you.

pevergreen
07-29-2007, 00:18
In reference to CA

Csargo
07-29-2007, 00:20
In refernce to CA

Have fun.

Caius
07-29-2007, 00:26
Unvote:Ichigo

Stig
07-29-2007, 09:48
Unvote, vote: Pever

Why didn't you vote me, I didn't have any votes yet. Why the need to bandwagon?

pevergreen
07-29-2007, 10:02
-^ Its hardly a bandwagon, its two votes...

Stig
07-29-2007, 10:05
3 Actually, Caius votes count double.
And there are only 6 people in this game, so every second vote is a bandwagon.

Like this really:
Unvote, Vote: Ichigo

Now he only needs 2 more votes and he's done for it.

Caius
07-29-2007, 16:54
Talk Ichigo!

Csargo
07-29-2007, 19:26
This is getting pointless.

Vote:pever

seireikhaan
07-29-2007, 19:30
Vote: Pevergreen

Caius
07-29-2007, 19:36
Vote:Pever

Csargo
07-29-2007, 19:41
Vote:Pever

Pever's lynched.

Stig
07-29-2007, 21:29
Wowah, quick bandwagon, where was that good for? Did you have out of thread contact or something?

Andres
07-29-2007, 23:25
Max Payne was sitting in his house, drawning in the memories of times long past.

He was dreaming. Life was good. A house on the Jersey side across the river. The smell of freshly cut lawns. The sounds of children playing. A beautiful wife and a baby girl. The American dream come true.

All of the sudden, the phone rang. He woke up.

He picked up the phone. "Mister Lu wants you to go over at Luigi's. Don Vito has called a meeting with his lawyers. One of them has valuable information. Put on your nicest suit, get over there and steal the dossier which contains the evidence to put Don Vito behind bars. If you succeed, you'll spend the rest of your days on Hawaï, surrounded by hot women and fast cars. If you fail, well, let us say that failure is not an option."

"Ok", Max said. "I'll attend this meeting."

He looked at himself in the mirror. "So, this is what has become of me, I'm no better than a mercenary. Oh well."

He felt this headache again. Old wounds, a bullet that was still in his head. He grabbed his medication. The pills would ease the pain.

Max took his car and drove to Luigi's. He entered Vito's office. Surrounded by greedy lawyers. Cowards. And there you have Don Vito. The guy's a joke. The former cop doesn't fit well in here.

The lawyers and Don Vito could smell he was the fake one. All of the sudden, Max was threatened with a law suit.

The lawyers were preparing a document, which said he owed Don Vito 5.000.000 $.

"You will sign this document, you dirty :daisy:", Vito screamed.

Max Payne didn't like the way the show started, but they had given him the best seat in the house, front row center.

"Time to steal a dossier and get out off here as quick as I can", Max thought.

He jumped up and...

Will be continued...

pevergreen = Max Payne. He has one chance to steal a dossier and run away with it. Let's hope for him, it is the right one. Good luck.

Stig
07-29-2007, 23:27
Oh pick me, pick me!!!

pevergreen
07-30-2007, 01:07
Order of suspicion at the start of game:
Ichigo
CA
GK
stig

Now it is:
CA/GK
Ichigo
Stig

Steal Dossier: Greaterkhaan

Csargo
07-30-2007, 01:57
Order of suspicion at the start of game:
Ichigo
CA
GK
stig

Now it is:
CA/GK
Ichigo
Stig

Steal Dossier: Greaterkhaan

What happens now? I didn't really understand the rules in the first place.

Caius
07-30-2007, 02:27
We discovered Max Payne. We did not lose, if the guy who have the real dossier is not gkhaan, I will win.If gkhaan have the real dossier, I will go to the jail.

Stig
07-30-2007, 08:29
Well Pever just stole the wrong dossier that's for sure. So he's death.

BTW how on earth did you coordinate that quick bandwagon? You must have been talking out of the thread.

Csargo
07-30-2007, 08:35
Well Pever just stole the wrong dossier that's for sure. So he's death.

BTW how on earth did you coordinate that quick bandwagon? You must have been talking out of the thread.

:grin: I don't think Caius remembers that he had two votes.

Andres
07-30-2007, 08:40
David Kleinfeld came home. He was exhausted after three nights partying on cocaine with his Colombian Boss, Carlito.

The phone rang. It was Don Vito. "Hey David, get your ass over here man. We have a meeting and it's urgent. As usual, I'll pay you double."

David expected as much, since he got some dossier from the late Luca Brasi, Vito's hitman. And so, he hurried to Luigis, because Don Vito wasn't well known for his patience...

He entered Don Vito's office and was amazed to see the cr&#232;me de la cr&#232;me of USA's organised crime lawyers: Benjamin Matlock, Kevin Lomax, Vincent Gambini and some unknown guy.

It didn't take them long to find out that the unknown guy wasn't supposed to be there.

All of the sudden, this unknown man jumped up, grabbed David's dossier and ran away...

Five days later, there was this odd article in the newspapers. Some dirty Chinese restaurant had served a dish containing human flesh. Further investigation revealed it were the remnants of Max Payne, a former cop...

Result: Don Vito and his lawyers win !

Stig : Benjamin Matlock
Victory condition: get Max Payne sued and survive: completed !
Greaterkhaan : David Kleinfeld
Ichigo : Kevin Lomax
Vincent "Cousin Vinny" Gambini: CountArach

pevergreen failed his mission. The Chinese triads weren't happy...

Csargo
07-30-2007, 08:44
Win. I had the real dossier.:grin:

Stig
07-30-2007, 08:45
Was easy to see that Pever was the cop. He placed a third vote on Ichigo, no lawyer would do that, problem was making sure everyone would get him.

Andres
07-30-2007, 08:50
Role pm's:

Vitto Lucatelli

You are Vito Lucatelli, a famous mafia Don. Your henchman, Luca Brasi, foolishly forgot which lawyer he has given your real dossier. A bullet in the head made sure he will never make such mistakes again.

Now, you have called a meeting with your lawyers. Five lawyers entered your office. But you only gave 4 dossiers to your henchman. This means that one of them is a fake.

You have to find out which lawyer is the fake one. You’ll have to vote. Once a player has the majority of votes, he will get sued (=lynched).

Since you are paying all the bills, your vote counts double!

David Kleinfeld (GK)

You are Dave Kleinfeld, the regular lawyer of the Colombians. However, if the money is good, you offer your services to other, eh, businessmen.

Don Vito’s henchman has given you a fake dossier. Somewhere, on a little corner of a sheet of paper, there is a note: real dossier to Kevin Lomax.

Now, you have to attend this meeting. Don Vito seems pissed off. Apparently, he only expected 4 lawyers to show up. Now there are five. You don’t know these other guys, except for Kevin Lomax. You recognise him immediately, because he has a well known reputation. The other guys, you don’t know. You’ve never seen them before.

Together with Don Vito and the other lawyers, you have to decide which one is the fake and will get sued.

Don Vito has a bad temper, so probably, ‘sued’ means: Don Vito will get very angry and he’ll shoot you. Since you are nothing more but a selfish, greedy and cowardly lawyer, you don’t want to get ‘sued’ and you will do anything to stay alive. However, suing Kevin Lomax to save your butt is no option, since it will have the same result: you with a bullet in your head and thousands of kilo’s concrete above you.

Kevin Lomax = Ichigo
In order to win, you need to discover Max Payne, the fake lawyer, and you need to stay alive.
Don’t forget: Don Vito pays the bills, so his vote counts double.

Vincent Gambini

You are the mafia’s regular lawyer, often referred to as ‘Cousin Vinny’. You were the only one with the brains to get a law degree. Now, not really, some of your teachers needed an offer they couldn’t refuse, but who cares?

Don Vito’s henchman has given you a fake dossier. Somewhere, on a little corner of a sheet of paper, there is a note: real dossier to Kevin Lomax.

Now, you have to attend this meeting. Don Vito seems pissed off. Apparently, he only expected 4 lawyers to show up. Now there are five. You don’t know these other guys, except for Kevin Lomax. You recognise him immediately, because he has a well known reputation. The other guys, you don’t know. You’ve never seen them before.

Together with Don Vito and the other lawyers, you have to decide which one is the fake and will get sued.

Don Vito has a bad temper, so probably, ‘sued’ means: Don Vito will get very angry and he’ll shoot you. Since you are nothing more but a selfish, greedy and cowardly lawyer, you don’t want to get ‘sued’ and you will do anything to stay alive. However, suing Kevin Lomax to save your butt is no option, since it will have the same result: you with a bullet in your head and thousands of kilo’s concrete above you.

Kevin Lomax = Ichigo
In order to win, you need to discover Max Payne, the fake lawyer, and you need to stay ‘alive’.

Benjamin Matlock

You are Benjamin Matlock, a lawyer who is about to retire.

Kevin Lomax = Ichigo
In order to win, you need to discover Max Payne, the fake lawyer, and you need to stay ‘alive’.

Kevin Lomax

You are Kevin Lomax. A brilliant lawyer who has it all: expensive clothes, an expensive car, a big house with a swimming pool, an insane amount on his bank account, a rich wife and several affairs with young, attractive women.

Don Vito’s henchman has given you the real dossier.

Now you have to attend this meeting. Don Vito seems pissed off. Apparently, he only expected 4 lawyers to show up. Now there are five. You don’t know these other guys.

Together with Don Vito and the other lawyers, you have to decide which lawyer will get sued.

Don’t forget, the Don pays the bills, so his vote counts double.

Max Payne

You are Max Payne, a former cop. You were hired by the Chinese, who are sick and tired of Don Vito’s empire.

You will attend a meeting with Don Vito and his lawyers, undercover. Nobody knows you and you will have to find out which of the other lawyers has the real dossier.

The dossier will come in the right hands if a) the lawyer who has it gets sued ; b) you can steal it during the meeting.

At any give time, you can steal the dossier and run away from the meeting which will result in a victory. If you have the majority of votes and you are facing trial, you can jump up, quickly steal a dossier and run away.

If you steal the wrong dossier, the Chinese won’t be happy. Expect to end up as an exclusive dish in some unclean Chinese restaurant. If you succeed, you’ll spend the rest of your days on Hawaï, surrounded by fast cars and hot women.

Don’t forget: Don Vito’s vote counts double.

A pity that it was over so fast...

Caius
07-30-2007, 20:09
Well, I remembered that I had a twice count in the votes.

Then I voted pever, just wanted to continue the game.

Heheheh, no one stops Don Vitto!!MHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Good game anyway.