PDA

View Full Version : Capo di Tutti Capi - II - delayed

Seamus Fermanagh
07-28-2007, 02:01
Apologies all! 44 players after less than 24 hours of open sign-up is very flatterting.

Unfortunately, a family illness will delay this game from 2-4 weeks. I'm working with Andres on the best means of handling this.

During the hiatus, go ahead and recruit more folks if you can.

44 Current Players (listed alpha'):

Alexander the Pretty Good
Andres
Beefy187
Byzantine Mercenary
CountArach
Crazed Rabbitt
Destroyer of Hope
Don Corleone
Dutch Guy
Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca
Greaterkhaan
Haudegan
Husar
Ichigo
JimBob
Jubal Barca
Kagemusha
Kal'Motep
Killfr3nzy
Kings Hand
Kommodus
Odin
Omanes Alexandropolites
Orb
Pannonian
pevergreen
pra the funkee homo sapien
Proletariat
Roadkill
Sapi
Sarathos
Sasaki Kojiro
scottishranger
Shlin28
Sigurd Fafnesbane
Stig
TheStranger
Tiberius of the Drake
Tran
Twilightblade
Warluster
Warmaster Horus
Woad & Fangs
Xdeathfire

Please feel free to review the rules below (post #36) and provide commentary. I will open a new information thread when the game opens and the final list of players and rule set will be posted therein.

Scheduling Note:

Game should begin ??? depending on r/l, sign-up speed and role dispatch time. Any changes will be noted quickly.

I try to run each phase in 24 hour increments. While it is hard to predict any final time pharase for the overall game, a reasonable expectation would be two weeks of play from start.

Caius
07-28-2007, 02:14
First!

Seamus Fermanagh
07-28-2007, 02:17
Thanks for the interest, but hold off my friend!:cheesy:

Csargo
07-28-2007, 02:20
:shocked:

Caius
07-28-2007, 02:40
Thanks for the interest, but hold off my friend!:cheesy:
Just wanted to be the first :beam:

Crazed Rabbit
07-28-2007, 04:00
/In.

I suggest adding some of Sasaki's rules from Kung Fu Mafia involving the dead talking and communication.

CR

Tran
07-28-2007, 04:42
Sign me up

Motep
07-28-2007, 04:45
Capo II, eh? Nice...

may your game be blessed with multitudes of weird players to make the game interesting

I will be one of them

Csargo
07-28-2007, 04:46
Well Seamus you kinda have to post what your thinking for us to give you feedback ~;)

CountArach
07-28-2007, 05:05
I'll join, but it looks like Signing up hasn't started.

TevashSzat
07-28-2007, 21:15
Ill join but be warned that Im gonna go on vacation until friday

Seamus Fermanagh
07-28-2007, 23:15
A fair point Ichigo. Xdeath, the game isn't for weeks yet and official sign-up is a ways off.

In general, I will follow the same basic style as last time. Groups coordinating efforts, investigations that are less than perfectly accurate, multiple families of mafioso competing with one another as well as the town. COmments based on last game will be helpful. Other new thoughts I post in here (see below in this post).

I'll put revision ideas in here for feedback and -- eventually -- replace post #1 with the full rules or start an independent info thread as the game begins and allow this one to drop after sign-ups.

CR, I did not do the fu, so I will look it up and see if these should be added in. Thanks for the tip.

For now:

First Major Revision – Victory System

I am planning to use a points system with a 200 max points possible per player. These would be individual to the roles. The goals of such a system would be to allow for multiple “winners” based on quality/luck of play and to encourage appropriate participation after death. For example:

Townsperson:

Overall Victory: 100 points for a townie win.

Personal Survival: 25 points.

Night Actions: 50 points (maximum) for:
15 points each for each Don killed as part of a “vigilante” group
10 points each for each Made or Luca killed as part of a “vigilante” group
5 points each for each Wise Guy killed as part of a “vigilante” group
-5 points for each townie killed as part of a “vigilante” group
-10 points for each Detective/Doctor or like pro-townie role killed as part of a “vigilante” group
10 points for each townie saved as part of a “protection” group
3 points for each wise guy saved as part of a “protection” group
-5 points for each mafioso saved as part of a “protection” group

Voting Participation: 25 points (maximum) for:
3 points for voting for a Mafioso to be lynched
0 points for voting for a Wise Guy to be lynched
-1 point for voting for a Townie (any role) to be lynched
-2 points for not voting at all in a lynch vote
- 5 points for voting "present" in 5 or more lynch votes

First Minor Revision

Voting: I'll be allowing the following votes:

For Director: Select ________, Select Vacant, Present.

For Lynches: Vote ________, No Lynch, Abstain, Present.

A named vote is obvious,

"vacant" is to leave the director position vacant and have chief Seamus run those two lynches,

"no lynch" means that you want nobody to be lynched that round [if this choice has the plurality, there is no lynch that round],

"abstain" means that you want someone lynched but have no particular preference as to who [note: if abstains outnumber no lynches in a round, the player with the highest vote score will be lynched],

and

"present" which simply indicates that you have voted so as to avoid the not vote penalty.

Stig
07-28-2007, 23:18
All I can say is:
Don't make it too difficult, afterall this is just a forumgame and people visit here every now and then. Something with really complicated rules will put people off and CdTC needs about 50 players to be fun ... seeing last time.

Orb
07-31-2007, 22:04
Can't wait. The first CDTC was the single most involving game I've played in a long while.

Plus, I got the only ever non-defeat for a serial killer so far at the .org.

08-01-2007, 18:49
I'll re-enter the Org Mafia Arena for this. :book:

woad&fangs
08-01-2007, 19:13
IIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who wants to get this game started faster should join the Il Padrino Mafia game so we can get that started. Once that game finishes we can start this one YYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pannonian
08-01-2007, 21:22
All I can say is:
Don't make it too difficult, afterall this is just a forumgame and people visit here every now and then. Something with really complicated rules will put people off and CdTC needs about 50 players to be fun ... seeing last time.
I agree. Shunt the scoring to one side, or don't give us the specifics. Leave the rules as they were last time, with differences in bold. Have a spoilered list of offences that will lead to modkills. Capo is complicated enough as it is, don't drown us in details.

Andres
08-01-2007, 21:27
All I can say is:

I agree as well. Don't make the game too difficult or complicated. It will lead to misinterpretations, alot of questions about the game mechanics, too much creative circumventions of the rules and some people might just lose intrest because of the over-complexitiy.

It has to maintain a certain degree of simplicity to keep it fun.

Just my :2cents:

Seamus Fermanagh
08-01-2007, 22:57
Okay. I will develop the scoring systems so that I can publish a "graded" evaluation for each player at the conclusion of the game.

I will include a copy of the townsperson's score sheet in the rules posting to give individuals a "flavor" for the scoring system. Their individual roles will merely list those things that are of value for them -- but no details so as to minimize clutter.

Sasaki, as is often his wont, has summarized the permissable actions of the dead pretty well. My game, and the new scoring, will encourage continued participation, but no reveals, no claims, no quoting of PMs, no recounting of night actions, partnerings and the like will be permitted of the dead. The dead may analyze based on material posted in the thread but may provide no other information to which they have been made privy. As with all game-related interaction, this rule is to hold sway in all formats and locations...even face-to-face. I will Mod-kill savagely to enforce this -- taking out the partners of the offender as well if necessary to get my point across. This is the one thing that marred my game last time.

Note: I'm leaning toward the following at this time

Though the players will not be made privy to the specifics, night actions will be a product of a "combat" system that will generate certain kinds of results based on the relative strengths of the individuals involved. There will be some chance for success with teams that are "short" in numbers to succeed -- though the risks of failure will be greater and there will be some small advantage in using more resources (people) then necessary.

Thoughts?

Pannonian
08-01-2007, 23:25
Okay. I will develop the scoring systems so that I can publish a "graded" evaluation for each player at the conclusion of the game.

I will include a copy of the townsperson's score sheet in the rules posting to give individuals a "flavor" for the scoring system. Their individual roles will merely list those things that are of value for them -- but no details so as to minimize clutter.

Sasaki, as is often his wont, has summarized the permissable actions of the dead pretty well. My game, and the new scoring, will encourage continued participation, but no reveals, no claims, no quoting of PMs, no recounting of night actions, partnerings and the like will be permitted of the dead. The dead may analyze based on material posted in the thread but may provide no other information to which they have been made privy. As with all game-related interaction, this rule is to hold sway in all formats and locations...even face-to-face. I will Mod-kill savagely to enforce this -- taking out the partners of the offender as well if necessary to get my point across. This is the one thing that marred my game last time.

Additional suggestion: no quoting of anything outside the thread. You'll have to paraphrase as best as you can, to avoid giving an advantage to native English speakers who can ape styles better than non-native speakers. No screenshots of anything, even of things inside the thread. If you want to show something from the thread, you'll have to write it as a normal post, again to avoid giiving an advantage to the technically adept.

Note: I'm leaning toward the following at this time

Though the players will not be made privy to the specifics, night actions will be a product of a "combat" system that will generate certain kinds of results based on the relative strengths of the individuals involved. There will be some chance for success with teams that are "short" in numbers to succeed -- though the risks of failure will be greater and there will be some small advantage in using more resources (people) then necessary.

Thoughts?
Keep it simple. Actions without the requisite number of groupies fail. Keep stats out of the game where possible.

Additional note: get a TWC account and talk to Jubal Barca to see if you can set your games one after the other, so you can persuade, threaten, or beg Chandrashekar Azad and Simetrical to join in this. The Fuzz and Evariste would also be good additions, but Simetrical especially is a credit to any Mafia game.

The round when The Fuzz went down was probably the most suspenseful, most skilfully played round of Mafia I've ever seen, thanks to Simetrical's wonderfully imaginative manoeuvring and dramatic reveal, Chandra's vigorous discussion, and The Fuzz's equally vigorous defence. The only comparable rounds in my experience were in Capo di Tutti Capi at the Org, when I first turned the attention to the previously much-trusted Sasaki Kojiro, and later when I was retiring from the game but was determined to take The Stranger with me.

Incidentally from that game,

On Night One, pannonian and I discussed possible suspects (recall that Masons can talk at night). It was fairly clear Dinadan was the one to investigate, although pannonian also expressed suspicion of Annaeus, Evariste, and The Fuzz.

Among those four, I suggested Annaeus should be the last suspect we should look at. The mafia turned out to be Evariste (godfather), Sir Dinadan and The Fuzz. Compare with sapi, who pursued Simetrical throughout the game despite there being overwhelming evidence Sim was the cop and my masonic partner (I was a confirmed masonic townie).

Fluffs out feathers in pride

Oh, and that game continued my record of never having been lynched as a townie, but never surviving either.

Caius
08-01-2007, 23:53
I highily suggest that you make that scorings at the end

Orb
08-02-2007, 00:14
Additional suggestion: no quoting of anything outside the thread. You'll have to paraphrase as best as you can, to avoid giving an advantage to native English speakers who can ape styles better than non-native speakers.
I disagree here, for CDTC, quoting, except by the dead, really only enhanced the first game. A native speaker might be more 'able' to disguise their own style, but in the end this causes the Mafia to display at least concern about sending out courtship pms after Kralizec's unfortunate demise.

If you want to show something from the thread, you'll have to write it as a normal post, again to avoid giiving an advantage to the technically adept.
I disagree entirely here. I think just about anyone can use the quote and/or spoiler tags as well as bolded and underlined emphasis. They end up with the same options as the other players, but are generally just using them better.

Keep it simple. Actions without the requisite number of groupies fail. Keep stats out of the game where possible.
I agree with Pann on this. I loved the old CTDC rules, and am not too keen on the combat system idea, especially after my own exploded disastrously (I admit, mine was far too complex, but I think any combat system in a game not really derived from it is probably unneeded).

Seamus Fermanagh
08-02-2007, 03:32
Hmmm....will re-think combat system idea. Simplicity is its own reward. I will ponder this.

As to TWC: I have an account -- "Kern downhill to archers" but I have little activity there and probably could not even find the mafia board to advertise, much less coordinate. Certainly wouldn't mind drawing good players to our gameroom (or the org).

Warmaster Horus
08-02-2007, 10:27
I don't think they even have mafia over there...

Anyway, I wasn't in the first CDTC, but am looking forward to this one. Thing is, when I look at the first game, I see something complex. If you want to make it even more, then...

Sasaki Kojiro
08-02-2007, 15:10
I'm also not a fan of a combat system...I feel that mafia should have a guaranteed kill on somebody unless that person is protected by a role.

Andres
08-02-2007, 16:38
I feel that mafia should have a guaranteed kill on somebody unless that person is protected by a role.

I agree 100 %.

Idem dito for detectives and doctors: 100 % success chance of investigation/protection.

Caius
08-02-2007, 20:13
100 % success chance of investigation/protection
I disagree there. Posibilities of fail are bad, at least when you are townie and there are 5 alive, and you rely on true? data.

Killfr3nzy
08-03-2007, 04:56
I disagree there. Posibilities of fail are bad, at least when you are townie and there are 5 alive, and you rely on true? data.
Then doesn't that mean you agree?

Seamus Fermanagh
08-03-2007, 14:46
The point about the mafia kills being an "absolute" is a good one -- Sasaki is speaking to the integral "pressure cooker" nature of mafia itself with this comment.

I was already leaning away from a combat system based on earlier comments, but that's decided it for me. A lot of work would be required and it would change the nature of the game too much. I'll keep this aspect more or less as it was.

Investigations in CDTC are not absolute assessments for most roles -- only indicators.

Seamus Fermanagh
08-04-2007, 05:08
Proposed Rules of Play (please comment)

I -- Setting:

Fatlington, New Jersey, 1949:

It’s a hot August and Fatlington is stuffed with tourists – but the entire town has been quarantined for 3 weeks because of what appears to be simultaneous outbreaks of cholera and Spanish Influenza. Social conditions are near mutinous, and the threat of the mafia has re-appeared. Mayor Tosa Inu, away at Trenton for a conference, has called for the Committee of Vigilance to be re-established to deal with the threat.

II --Winning the game:

In general, the town wins when all the mafia dons are dead – including any new ones that have “hatched.” A mafia family wins when its members outnumber the remaining mafia & townspeople (which include any independent Wise Guys for this purpose) and all of the other family’s mafia dons are dead. A draw can occur if all of the mafia dons have died and the numbers of remaining “townies” and Mafiosi are equal.

Individual, each player scores points for participation and effectiveness. While the score possibilities vary with role and are role-appropriate, points are weighted heavily in favor of a role’s “general” victory condition so as to encourage you to work for victory even after your demise – or at least not to get in the way. The townie scorecard is published below as an example:

Townsperson:

Personal Survival: 25 points for personal survival.

15 points for each Don killed as part of a “vigilante” group
10 points for each Made or Luca killed as part of a “vigilante” group
5 points for each Wise Guy killed as part of a “vigilante” group
-10 points for each Detective/Doctor or like pro-townie role killed as part of a “vigilante” group
5 points for each townie saved as part of a “protection” group
0 points for each wise guy saved as part of a “protection” group
-2 points for each mafioso saved as part of a “protection” group

5 points for voting for a mafia Don to be lynched

As you can see, general victory weighs more importantly than personal survival, and effective participation is valued. While “mistakes” are punished, the punishment is usually less severe that are the points earned for individual successes. DO NOT FIXATE ON YOUR SCORE – this is largely a guideline to encourage participation and staying both “in character” and within the rules.

III -- Phases:

The usual sequence of 24-hour days and 24-hour nights will be followed. Some of these phases (notably nights 1 and 2) may be extended where necessary to account for outside events/unusual situations. In no instance will the time period be decreased below 24 hours. Please note, however, the first phase of this game will be a day phase (Day One) during which no lynching will occur, only the initial Director’s selection (see roles below).

Day Phase: Each day the town may vote to lynch one suspect from among the list of players. Each townsperson save for the director can cast one vote (see below for procedure). On odd-numbered day phases, the town also votes to select a Director (see below for procedure). The game-master will write up the results of these votes and post them for general consumption, along with any juicy particulars about any executions. The game then proceeds to the next night phase.

Night Phase: Every role has something to do at night – even if your choice is to do nothing. Since every role can be active, with investigations attempted, murders, etc., all players should PM the game-master during each night phase to indicate their actions. The game-master will respond as quickly as possible, and will write up results that take effect immediately prior to the next day phase and voting.

IV -- Night Actions:

Every player has the option to “get some sleep” on any given night. Depending on roles, you may be attempting a kill, investigating someone, or protecting someone instead. Unless indicated otherwise by specific instructions in your role PM, most night actions aside from investigations require teams of participants. Note:

a) You may participate in one and only one killing attempt or protection attempt each night. Investigations MAY – depending on role – be done in addition.

b) Your PM's to me must indicate clearly your actions and provide all of the necessary information or you will be listed as "sleeping" that night. Feel free to provide whatever level of detail you wish (kill specifics etc). Within the constraints of playability I will endeavor to use all such material, but reserve the right to edit if necessary for game play.

PM Example:

Night 4: Working with Red Harvest and Divinus Arma, I will kill Strike for the South.

c) should one of the partners in your group fail to PM me, or should they PM me with different instructions (accidentally or on purpose), you group may not have the requisite numbers to perform a given night action successfully. The write up will indicate that failure, but may or may not reveal who did not participate.

Note: Townies participating in a “vigilante” killing who end up operating solo, by happenstance or betrayal, run a risk of being killed (1 chance in 3). Wise Guys or Mafiosi operating solo run a risk of being identified (1 chance in 6).

V – Clarity to balance the ambiguity

Upon death, the local gendarmerie will launch a full investigation of that individual to try to determine the reason they were killed. Though slow (results reported on the 3rd morning after death), their then-current role will be revealed. Unfortunately, the specific actions of that individual -- what they did with their role -- will remain a mystery (until the post-game!).

Since investigations are imperfect in this game and since roles can be taken a number of different directions (or even changed), this provision gives the town some hope of a successful conclusion. Please note however, that this revelation will occur a significant period of time after the death of that player.

VI -- Voting:

There are two types, lynch voting and Director selection. Each living townie save for the director may vote to lynch one townsperson per day. On odd-numbered days, each living townie may also vote for the next director.

To lynch a suspect:

You may vote or not vote at your choice. Please be aware however, that persistently avoiding the voting process will result in your removal from play. While the game-master reserves the right to remove someone from play when/if needed at their discretion, as a “rule-of-thumb” missing 3 votes in a row or 5 overall is likely to result in your removal.

Legal vote choices include:

1. voting by name for a living fellow townie to express your preference for their lynching
2. voting “abstain” indicating you have no preference as to who is lynched but wish to see a lynch occur
3. voting “no lynch” indicating that you want no one lynched that day
4. voting “present” to indicate your continued participation

To be counted, a vote MUST be posted in bold typeface using the following format:

e.g. Vote: Seamus

To change a vote, please post the following:

e.g. Unvote: TosaInu
Vote: Seamus

The player receiving the most votes (plurality) will be lynched. If no lynch receives a plurality, no lynch will be conducted. If votes to "Abstain" outnumber "no lynch," the player receiving the most named votes will be lynched even if there were more votes for "no lynch" than for that player. In the event of a tie in votes, the Director decides, solely at her/his discretion, what means to break the tie will be used and may lynch all, some, one, or none of those tied for the most votes.

Lynch votes do figure in the scoring for all roles, please participate.

To select a Director:

You may:

1. “Select: Name” to select a given player as director
2. “Select: Abstain” indicating you have no preference
3. “Select: Vacant” to have the post vacant (filled by Chief Seamus)
4. “Select: Present” to indicate your continued participation

To be counted, a vote MUST be posted in bold typeface using the following format:

e.g. Select: Seamus

e.g. Sack: TosaInu
Select: Seamus

The player selected most often will become the director for the following two lynch votes (though not the one being conducted concurrently with the selection). If abstentions outnumber votes to leave the office "vacant," then the person receiving the most named selection votes will be elected.

Votes to Select a director will not figure in the scoring.

VII -- Gameplay Rules concerning the dead, screenies, and general concerns:

The dead may post, but not vote/select nor carry out any night actions. Dead players may not reveal their roles publicly or privately until that role has been revealed as per section V and may not reveal their “familiy” or role particulars even after that time. Dead players may not reveal, recount or allude to their previous night actions (or results thereof in the case of investigations) publicly or privately – even to confirm a previously made public or private reveal. Remember, even if dead you can still score well provided your “side” achieves victory. Your participation must be circumspect, but your continued participation IS encouraged.

No screenshots may be used, from or to anyone, for ANY purpose – this includes during PMs. Feel free to quote from the public portion of my Role PM’s to you or to fabricate as you see fit. Each role PM will also have an “eyes only” section that is never to be revealed, quoted, or alluded to in your interactions with others under penalty of removal from the game.

Chatlog conversations may be referenced/quoted, but may not be copied via screenshot. Note: it can be difficult to maintain role secrecy during chat conversations.

It is suggested that all players enable “invisible” mode so that technology is not used to trap you. If you remain visible while on the org boards, your activity can be logged and compared against a normal profile providing clues as to your role, working partners, etc.

VIII – The Roles.

[tbc]

Thoughts?

Tran
08-04-2007, 10:21
Pretty details. But then, I like details. Everything seems OK for me :yes:

Crazed Rabbit
08-04-2007, 18:13
I'd suggest posting the townie PM for all to see in the beginning of the thread, as Sasaki did in Kung Fu Mafia, so townies can't find out so easily who's mafia.

CR

The Stranger
08-04-2007, 18:37
In! WATCH OUT ANDRES!!! IM COMING FOR YOU!!!

shlin28
08-04-2007, 18:43
Is this open yet? If so, I'm in!

Seamus Fermanagh
08-04-2007, 21:48
CR: Good point, will do.

Others:

The sign-up for this game is not yet open. If you express an interest in this thread, I will be sure to PM you as a reminder when sign-up does open.

Seamus Fermanagh
08-08-2007, 00:27
Here's the rules for CDTC2 -- Beta Version. Please comment and make any appropriate suggestions, as I intend the next version to be the last one. Changes or added sections denoted by blue font.

Still to do: Finalize secret roles. Develop scoring system for each role (not to be published).

Capo di Tutti Capi - II: Rules of Play

I -- Setting:

Fatlington, New Jersey, 1949:

It’s a hot August and Fatlington is stuffed with tourists – but the entire town has been quarantined for 3 weeks because of what appears to be simultaneous outbreaks of cholera and Spanish Influenza (blame the Commission in Havana). Social conditions are near mutinous, and the threat of the mafia has re-appeared. Mayor Tosa Inu, away at Trenton for a conference, has called for the Committee of Vigilance to be re-established to deal with the threat.

II --Winning the game:

In general, the town wins when all the mafia Dons are dead – including any new Dons that have “hatched.” A mafia family wins when its members outnumber the remaining mafia & townspeople (which include any independent Wise Guys for this purpose) and all of the other family’s mafia dons are dead. A draw can occur if all of the mafia Dons have died and the numbers of remaining “townies” and Mafiosi are exactly equal.

Individual, each player scores points for participation and effectiveness. While the score possibilities vary with role and are role-appropriate, points are weighted heavily in favor of a role’s “general” victory condition so as to encourage you to work for victory even after your demise – or at least not to get in the way. The townie scorecard is published below as an example:

Townsperson:

Personal Survival: 25 points for personal survival.

15 points for each Don killed as part of a “vigilante” group
10 points for each Made or Luca killed as part of a “vigilante” group
5 points for each Wise Guy killed as part of a “vigilante” group
5 points for each townie saved as part of a “protection” group
0 points for each wise guy saved as part of a “protection” group
-2 points for each mafioso saved as part of a “protection” group

5 points for voting for a mafia Don to be lynched

As you can see, general victory weighs more importantly than personal survival, and effective participation is valued. While “mistakes” are punished, the punishment is usually less severe that are the points earned for individual successes. DO NOT FIXATE ON YOUR SCORE – this is largely a guideline to encourage participation and staying both “in character” and within the rules.

III -- Phases:

The usual sequence of 24-hour days and 24-hour nights will be followed. Some of these phases (notably nights 1 and 2) may be extended where necessary to account for outside events/unusual situations. In no instance will the time period be decreased below 24 hours. Please note, however, the first phase of this game will be a day phase (Day One) during which no lynching will occur, only the initial Director’s selection (see roles below).

Day Phase: Each day the town may vote to lynch one suspect from among the list of players. Each townsperson save for the director can cast one vote (see below for procedure). On odd-numbered day phases, the town also votes to select a Director (see below for procedure). The game-master will write up the results of these votes and post them for general consumption, along with any juicy particulars about any executions. The game then proceeds to the next night phase.

Night Phase: Every role has something to do at night – even if your choice is to do nothing. Since every role can be active, with investigations attempted, murders, etc., all players should PM the game-master during each night phase to indicate their actions. The game-master will respond as quickly as possible, and will write up results that take effect immediately prior to the next day phase and voting.

IV -- Night Actions: Every player has the option to “get some sleep” on any given night. Depending on roles, you may be attempting a kill, investigating someone, or protecting someone instead. Unless indicated otherwise by specific instructions in your role PM, most night actions aside from investigations require teams of participants. Note:

a) You may participate in one and only one killing attempt or protection attempt each night. Investigations MAY – depending on role – be done in addition.

b) Your PM's to me must indicate clearly your actions and provide all of the necessary information or you will be listed as "sleeping" that night. Feel free to provide whatever level of detail you wish (kill specifics etc). Within the constraints of playability I will endeavor to use all such material, but reserve the right to edit if necessary for game play.

PM Example:

Night 4: Working with Red Harvest and Divinus Arma, I will kill Strike for the South.

c) should one of the partners in your group fail to PM me, or should they PM me with different instructions (accidentally or on purpose), you group may not have the requisite numbers to perform a given night action successfully. The write up will indicate that failure, but may or may not reveal who did not participate.

Note: Townies participating in a “vigilante” killing who end up operating solo, by happenstance or betrayal, run a risk of being killed (1 chance in 3). Wise Guys or Mafiosi operating solo run a risk of being identified (1 chance in 6).

V -- Personal Messages (PM)

As you have probably already noted, significant part of the game-play involves PMs sent back and forth between the Host and the players.

PMs are expected each night from all players so that I can write-up the actions for a given night and provide you with the results. Please be patient with this process, as there are a lot of folks, particularly in the first few rounds, with whom I have to exchange messages.

PMs will be sent notifying you of investigation results, night action results, changes in status, as well as your starting role in the game.

PLEASE get your PM to me by the deadlines posted in the thread. I will seldom be able to take a “late” PM and have it count as this is unlikely to be fair to the other players.

To familiarize you with the format I will use in PM’s here are two examples:

#1 A copy of the starting role PM that will be sent to all townspersons.

Your Role: Townie

Your basic mode for success is to vote to lynch Mafiosi, eventually removing the mafia threat from Fatlington and creating a win for the townies.

Role Changing:

At your discretion, however, this role can change. This will take time, effort, and coordination with other townies. If you:

Combine with 3 other townies you can attempt to kill one target per night (after two successful kills, you will become a “Wise Guy” and can progress from there).

Combine with 2 other townies you can attempt to protect one target per night (after two successful protections, one of you may become a “Doctor “ and can progress from there).

Creating these combinations is up to you however, and you will have to work out your own deals/contracts/arrangements for forming such a combo with the other players.

PM’s:

Each night you are still alive, PM me with instructions for your actions that night. These may be:

“Get some sleep” “Protect so-and-so in combination with player 1, player 2…” or “kill so-and-so in combination with player 1, player 2…”

Warning: if the requisite number of townies is NOT available, the protection/kill effort will almost certainly fail. If a townie attempts a kill/protection solo, the effort will certainly fail, and there will be at least one chance in three that the townie will perish in the attempt.

Investigations:

It is most probable that, if investigated by a Detective or by a Made Gangster, you will be discovered as “innocent.” Remember, however, that a significant minority (20%) of townspeople will register as “unclear” rather than innocent if investigated by a Made and as “criminal” (5-10%) if investigated by a detective. You will only register as “guilty” if you have participated in a killing.

Getting Recruited:

What if a Mafioso seeks to recruit you? You can respond as you wish to such an offer. However, if they believe you to be a Wise Guy and use you as part of a kill team, that team will very likely fail unless you are an “extra” and they already have sufficient killers on the team.

EYES ONLY – not to be quoted/shared/alluded to

Here’s where I will insert the information that cannot be shared.

#2 Results PM

RE:N4

AB, BC, CD: Protect Tosa Inu = Success!

As this is the 2nd success for all of you, one of you will be promoted to Doctor.

The person randomly selected is BC (new role PM will follow shortly).

VI – Clarity to balance the ambiguity

Upon death, the local gendarmerie will launch a full investigation of that individual to try to determine the reason they were killed. Though slow (results reported on the 3rd morning after death), their then-current role will be revealed. Unfortunately, the specific actions of that individual -- what they did with their role -- will remain a mystery (until the post-game!).

Since investigations are imperfect in this game and since roles can be taken a number of different directions (or even changed), this provision gives the town some hope of a successful conclusion. Please note however, that this revelation will occur a significant period of time after the death of that player.

VII -- Voting:

There are two types, lynch voting and Director selection. Each living townie save for the director may vote to lynch one townsperson per day. On odd-numbered days, each living townie may also vote for the next director.

To lynch a suspect:

You may vote or not vote at your choice. Please be aware however, that persistently avoiding the voting process will result in your removal from play. While the game-master reserves the right to remove someone from play when/if needed at their discretion, as a “rule-of-thumb” missing 3 votes in a row or 5 overall is likely to result in your removal.

Legal vote choices include:

1. voting by name for a living fellow townie to express your preference for their lynching
2. voting “abstain” indicating you have no preference as to who is lynched
3. voting “no lynch” indicating that you want no one lynched that day
4. voting “present” to indicate your continued participation

e.g. Vote: Seamus

e.g. Unvote: TosaInu
Vote: Seamus

Lynch votes do figure in the scoring for all roles, please participate.

To select a Director:

You may:

1. “Select: Name” to select a given player as director
2. “Select: Abstain” indicating you have no preference
3. “Select: Vacant” to have the post vacant (filled by Chief Seamus)
4. “Select: Present” to indicate your continued participation

e.g. Select: Seamus

e.g. Sack: TosaInu
Select: Seamus

Votes to Select a director will not figure in the scoring.

VIII -- Gameplay Rules concerning the dead, screenies, and general concerns:

The dead may post, but not vote/select nor carry out any night actions. Dead players may not reveal their roles publicly or privately until that role has been revealed as per section V and may not reveal their “familiy” or role particulars even after that time. Dead players may not quote from a PM unless that PM has been posted in the public thread by a living player. Dead players may not reveal, recount or allude to their previous night actions (or results thereof in the case of investigations) publicly or privately – even to confirm a previously made public or private reveal. Remember, even if dead you can still score well provided your “side” achieves victory. Your participation must be circumspect, but your continued participation IS encouraged.

No screenshots may be used, from or to anyone, for ANY purpose – this includes during PMs. Feel free to quote from the public portion of my Role PM’s to you or to fabricate as you see fit. Each role PM will also have an “eyes only” section that is never to be revealed, quoted, or alluded to in your interactions with others under penalty of removal from the game.

Chatlog conversations may be referenced/quoted, but may not be copied via screenshot. Note: it can be difficult to maintain role secrecy during chat conversations.

"Suicide" will not be allowed in this game (it is possible to create an unplayable game with nothing but suicide pact challenges going on. This is not the intended mode of play for this game).
Players who must remove themselves from play for schedule reasons should send me a PM. I will then write them out of play.

It is suggested that all players enable “invisible” mode so that technology is not used to trap you. If you remain visible while on the org boards, your activity can be logged and compared against a normal profile providing clues as to your role, working partners, etc.

IX – The Roles.

Usually referred to in the male singular, no disrespect intended.

Townie Roles:

Detective:

May investigate two persons per night phase. The investigation will list the individual as innocent (Townie, Don), criminal (Luca, Made not killing, Wise Guy not having killed at all, and some townies), or guilty (Luca or Made on the night of kill, Wise Guy or Townie who has killed – you either get the current kill or their whole track record as well). Acts as a Townie in other respects. Always reads as “innocent” if investigated.

Doctor:

May protect one person from murder each night phase (this protection extends to multiple attempts). Acts as a Townie in other respects. After 2 successful protections (attacked, did not die), the Doctor becomes a Surgeon. Doctors display investigation results as for a standard townie.

FBI Detective:

May investigate two persons per night phase. Results, which parallel those of the regular detective but tend to be more accurate given the FBI’s greater resources, are delayed in comparison to a normal detective because of the need to interact with FBI bureaucracy. May not participate in any murders and always reads as “innocent” if investigated.

Surgeon:

Functions in all respects as a Doctor, but anyone attacking the Surgeon’s protectee not only fails to kill the target, but has a 1 in 3 chance of dying in the attempt. Unlike Doctors, surgeons always register “innocent” if investigated.

Townie:

A townie has no special abilities – at least at the start. Most Townies will appear as “innocent” if investigated by a detective, though 1 in 6-8 will appear “criminal” despite their innocence. If investigated by a Made, most will appear “innocent” though 1-2 in 6 will appear “unclear.” Townies may band together to kill one target per night phase, but must do so in groups of 4. If this strategy is chosen, you will appear “guilty/criminal” in subsequent investigations. Townies who have successfully accomplished 2 murders will all change roles to Wise Guy(Gal). Townies may also band together in groups of 3 to provide protection to one Townie (not in their group), functioning as a Doctor. 2 successful protections (attacked, did not die) allow them to select one of their group as a full Doctor. Each subsequent successful protection will result in another member being promoted.

Neutral Roles

Director of the Committee of Vigilance

On the first day phase, and then on each odd numbered day phase thereafter, the town elects the person who will direct the lynching effort. That person shall be director for the next two lynchings following their selection. [e.g. Elected Day 1, Director Day 2, Director Day 3, Elected Day 3, Director Day 4 & 5, etc.] That person will choose the lynching mode, carry out the lynching, and, in the event of a tie vote, the director will decide who among those tied for the most votes will be executed. The director can execute none, one, more, or all of those tied votees at the Director’s discretion. The Director is provided with a special goon squad to aid in the executions, and this squad also makes it impossible to kill the Director while they are in office. While directing the lynchings, the individual in question may not vote for anyone to be lynched, though they may help select the next director.

Wise Guy/Gal:

A wise guy/gal belongs to no criminal family…yet. They may be recruited by a family and start doing “wetwork” for that family; they may “go straight” functioning as a regular townie and not getting involved in crime, or they may attempt to operate in conjunction with a group of individuals sharing the same wise guy/gal role, creating their own “family.”

If investigated by a detective, the Wiseguy will appear “criminal” if they have not been involved in a killing and “guilty” if they have…even if that killing was a while back. If investigated by a made, they will appear either as “criminal” or “unclear.”

A Wiseguy becomes a “Made gangster” after having participating in 3 killings for a family and having received consent from the family Don. They may or may not be made aware of the Don’s identity, at that family’s discretion. They do assume the investigative powers of a Made gangster as well as their investigation status.

Wiseguys operating as an independent “family” have no Dons, Mades, or Lucas, and can perform only 1 killing for each 3 Wiseguys. Following their 3rd successful murder, these 3 wiseguys may choose one of their group to become a Made. Each subsequent killing will result in a further promotion.

Mafiosi Roles:

Don(na)

A Don is the leader of her/his crime “family.” Their objective is to eliminate all of the other dons in the game, and to have more members in their crime “family” than the total of innocent townies and opposing criminals, thus gaining control and becoming the “Capo de tutti Capi.” There will be 5 families: Corleone, Tataglia, Barzini, Stracci, and Cunio; bold for small game]

A Don normally cannot kill opponents during a “night” phase, and must work through others. Normally, however, they appear as “innocent” if investigated by a detective or made, so they can camouflage themselves well. Even the FBI detective is unlikely to spot them (1 chance in 3 of appearing “criminal”). If the Don has lost all the other members of her/his family, they may perform 1 kill per “night” phase. However, subsequent to any such killing they will be identified as “guilty” if investigated by a detective, and “criminal” if investigated by a made.

In addition, a Don is normally protected by their Luca, making them effectively unkillable. Should her/his Luca not be functioning in “protection” mode, the Don may be killed as would any other Townie.

Luca

A Luca is one of the two initial “Made” gangsters in a crime family. The Luca’s objective is to protect their “Don.” This protection function is always “on” unless the Luca is undertaking other duties. The Luca is automatically aware of the identity of the family don.

A Luca does not normally kill opponents during a “night” phase, but may function as a Made gangster in this regard (no recruiting investigation), participating in a killing each night. If participating in a killing that “night,” the Luca cannot provide protection for the don. A Luca appears “criminal” if investigated by a Detective or Made, but “guilty” only on the night of a killing even if they have participated in killings before.

Made Gangster

A Made is one of the two initial “Made” gangsters in a crime family. Their objective is to lead up the “wet-work” efforts on behalf of their crime family, eventually controlling the town. If investigated by a Detective or another Made, a Made gangster appears “criminal.” If investigated by a Detective during a “night” phase in which the made gangster is actively involved in a killing, they appear “guilty.” In addition, a Made gangster can conduct one “recruiting” investigation per “night” phase. This investigation will determine if the individual is “criminal,” “innocent,” or “unclear.” The initial made gangster of a family is automatically aware of the identity of the family Don.

If a family Don has been killed (or never existed), the Made may become a Don provided that:

There is at least one other Made in the family.
All the other Made Gangsters in your family agree to your becoming the Don.
You did not participate directly in the killing of the previous Don.

*General notes for the mafia:

A mafia family may, during each “night” phase, make one killing for every two made gangsters or sanctioned wise guys. It need not kill its entire quota each night. This does mean that, without recruiting, no kills can be made on the first “night” except by using the Luca as a Made and teaming up with the existing Made.

Made gangster investigations – given their lack of official resources – are a little chancy. “Innocents” may be regular Townies, Detectives, or a Don. “Criminals,” will include your potential recruits, the Wise guys/gals, but will also include the Mades or Lucas of another family. “Unclear” will usually indicate a Wise guy/gal, but a few of the regular Townies with a shadier past will be included in this label as well.

Secret Roles:

At least one, and potentially more, will be included. The particulars are…well…secret.

The first iteration of Capo featured: A Serial Killer who took violent objection to anyone voting for them to be lynched; A Rogue Detective who could investigate and then act as a vigilante; and The Wolf, who was a special “investigation spoofer” for the mafia. These roles may, or may not, repeat.

pevergreen
08-08-2007, 08:12
Damn Sasaki and his Wolf-ness.

RoadKill
08-08-2007, 08:48
I'm in if its not too late.

Andres
08-08-2007, 09:00
I'm in if its not too late.

I would have signed in as well, but I didn't, since the thread title says "not yet open"...

So I guess you're too early instead of too late.

Jubal_Barca
08-08-2007, 11:45
*Expression of interest*

Caius
08-08-2007, 22:03
One question,

does a mafia family be destroyed if other family kills the Don?

Seamus Fermanagh
08-09-2007, 01:38
One question,

does a mafia family be destroyed if other family kills the Don?

No, the family is not destroyed until it has been eradicated.

However, losing the Don is damaging, because replacing a Don may not be too easy (especially early in the game with few family members).

Only when all the Dons are gone (town) or all the Dons but one (mafia) does the game end.

Sasaki Kojiro
08-10-2007, 08:29
Damn Sasaki and his Wolf-ness.

I wasn't the wolf...

do you want me to quote a pm from seamus where he described his plan to pretend I was the wolf in the game summary for a joke?

pevergreen
08-10-2007, 12:51
I swear you were.

Seamus?

Seamus Fermanagh
08-10-2007, 19:40
Glad to see that some games never entirely end. :cheesy:

CountArach
08-11-2007, 00:38
The roles all look pretty solid to me.

Killfr3nzy
08-11-2007, 07:59
Dibs surgeon.

Tiberius of the Drake
08-12-2007, 05:19
I wanna play when this game starts. plz :)

Seamus Fermanagh
08-12-2007, 14:35
I wanna play when this game starts. plz :)

Anyone expressing interest here will be PM'd as a reminder to sign up. Fear not.

Proletariat
08-13-2007, 16:43
I'd like to be on the 'to be reminded list', please. I'd hate to miss the second edition, the first was a blast.

Twilightblade
08-14-2007, 08:13
Dibs surgeon.

I want the Serial Killer role if its used

Sasaki Kojiro
08-15-2007, 00:48
*makes note to lynch Twilightblade round 1*

Caius
08-15-2007, 03:54
:bandwagon::driver:

Pannonian
08-16-2007, 15:53
Something that IMHO should become a general rule is to ban the direct questioning of Crazed Rabbit of whether or not he's mafia. He's known for his truthfulness, and this puts him in a no-win situation should he indeed be scum. I'd rather suspect CR for the whole game than have him condemned or cleared by this cheap trick.

Sasaki Kojiro
08-16-2007, 15:55
I think that's in CR's hands. He just has to refuse to say it when he's town. He should probably say he's going to refuse to before the roles are sent out.

Don Corleone
08-16-2007, 17:54
Sasaki's right. It's not just CR. Anybody that doesn't feel comfortable telling a bold-faced lie to some of their best Orgah buddies, announce now that you won't answer direct questions on your role regardless of what somebody has to say.

For a good example, visit some of the footwork I had to pull off to keep Prole alive in CTDT 1. The hardest part was lying to Redleg and Louis, who I really was trying to team up with, I just had to abandon that plan to keep Prole alive. I forget who did it, but somebody had some information they weren't supposed to have. They got sore when their family got killed off and released the info all over the thread to get the other 2 families killed, just to ruin the game because they're a poor sport. I've never been so P'O'd during a game (any game) in my entire life. I think its a good thing I can't remember who it was.

Pannonian
08-16-2007, 19:28
I might as well post here as anywhere else. Mafiascum.net has some surreal setups, with this one (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3867) catching my eye.

The Torat Moshe tells us in the book of Shemot that when Jochebed, wife of the Levite Amram, saved the life of her infant son Moses by sending him down the Nile, he was discovered by the Pharaoh's daughter, who decided to keep him. Moses then spent his early life in Egypt as adopted son of the Pharaoh. But the Torat Moshe leaves to the imagination the question of whether Moses fought werewolves and mafia during this time.

It turns out that he did... And he'll do it again.

Twilightblade
08-20-2007, 11:37
*makes note to lynch Twilightblade round 1*

But Sasaki think of all the people I'd go crazy at. Think of the children

btw I think that I will be one of those who don't want to answer direct questions about my role. Indirect questions on the other hand I'll be happy to adress (so much easier to avoid the point, as I think many will agree)

pevergreen
08-20-2007, 12:31
Any direct question i will answer.

I have not lied since Capo 1. CR is just more publicised :tongue:

Andres
08-22-2007, 18:25
as per request: title of the thread has been changed.

Ladies and gentlemen, sign up !

Seamus, I am soooo in!

Capo di Tutti Capi II - here we go. Yeehaa !!!

~:pimp:

shlin28
08-22-2007, 18:28
In!

Caius
08-22-2007, 18:30
Gah, second!

In!

Stig
08-22-2007, 18:35
~:cheers:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
08-22-2007, 18:47
In!

The first one was my introduction to mafia gaming - I hope that the sequel is equally as promising.

Warmaster Horus
08-22-2007, 18:54
In.

Sasaki Kojiro
08-22-2007, 19:04
in.

I promise to be completely honest the entire game (this statement is not included in my honesty policy)

I'll also say in advance that I'll be more active this game and will use invisible.

08-22-2007, 19:12
In.

Sasaki Kojiro
08-22-2007, 19:12
Also, a small rule suggestion if I may, can we disallow suicides? Too often people propose them to prove their innocence, and they can also greatly unbalance the game in favor of the town.

Kommodus
08-22-2007, 19:26
In! Wouldn't want to miss the sequel to CDTC! :2thumbsup:

Also, a small rule suggestion if I may, can we disallow suicides? Too often people propose them to prove their innocence, and they can also greatly unbalance the game in favor of the town.

Suspicious... only someone on the side of the mafia would say that. :inquisitive:

Seriously, though, this is a good idea. The alternative would be to simply say that anyone committing suicide cannot post in the thread (or communicate about the game outside the thread). Once you commit suicide, you are completely out. That's what I did in CN II - it takes care of the balancing problems while allowing people to suicide for valid reasons.

seireikhaan
08-22-2007, 19:40
Ah, so we can finally sign up for this one? In!

Seamus Fermanagh
08-22-2007, 19:45
Seriously, though, this is a good idea. The alternative would be to simply say that anyone committing suicide cannot post in the thread (or communicate about the game outside the thread). Once you commit suicide, you are completely out. That's what I did in CN II - it takes care of the balancing problems while allowing people to suicide for valid reasons.

I think I see Sasaki's point. If the game becomes nothing but suicide pacts, then any "play" will be removed. I don't think he's worried about a player who PM's the host to say "suicide me, I'm swamped and will be off line for 10 days." I will address this.

Andres
08-22-2007, 19:49
In! Wouldn't want to miss the sequel to CDTC! :2thumbsup:

Lynch him !:hanged:

~;)

Good to see you back, you evil mafia hunter you.

Crazed Rabbit
08-22-2007, 20:08
In!

CR

Don Corleone
08-22-2007, 20:10
I'm in.

The Stranger
08-22-2007, 20:23
in...

Pannonian
08-22-2007, 20:45
Add me.

woad&fangs
08-22-2007, 21:00
:rtwyes: This is my new sign for in

Warmaster Horus
08-22-2007, 21:13
Looks like this one will be great... So many players...

Csargo
08-22-2007, 21:46
:soapbox:

Lord Winter
08-22-2007, 21:48
count me in

Proletariat
08-22-2007, 22:14
In, and promise to lie even if unnecessarily through the entirety of this game

Csargo
08-22-2007, 22:22
:sweatdrop:

Caius
08-22-2007, 22:49
Vote:Prole

Not being a capitalist :whip:

Sigurd
08-22-2007, 22:53
I know I will regret this...

sign me up. :sweatdrop:

Beefy187
08-22-2007, 23:24
IN!!:idea2:

pevergreen
08-22-2007, 23:26
Epically in. :bow:

Sarathos
08-22-2007, 23:27
Yeah im in

Twilightblade
08-22-2007, 23:58
In In IN!!!!

Killfr3nzy
08-23-2007, 00:01
Innage.

Kommodus
08-23-2007, 00:03
Good to see you back, you evil mafia hunter you.

Vote: Andres

Only a mafioso would call a mafia hunter evil! :stare: :laugh4:

:balloon2:

Byzantine Mercenary
08-23-2007, 00:07
Sounds fun, im in

Warluster
08-23-2007, 03:04
Sign me up as well please, I shall start playing mafia games again.

JimBob
08-23-2007, 03:44
Lets do this again

sapi
08-23-2007, 08:35
Sign me up :yes:

Husar
08-23-2007, 10:24
Ok ok, now stop pushing Andres.:sweatdrop:

Twilightblade
08-23-2007, 11:07
How many people is that now?

Dutch_guy
08-23-2007, 11:08
I'd like to play. :2thumbsup:

:balloon2:

Twilightblade
08-23-2007, 11:11
I think its about 30 so far

I think

shlin28
08-23-2007, 11:13
On the first post it says 37 :beam:

Twilightblade
08-23-2007, 11:20
meh so I was far off at least theres more then I thought

Odin
08-23-2007, 14:15
I'd like to get in and give it a go.

RoadKill
08-23-2007, 15:22
Wow, Seamus how did you get so many players to join? Oh this is gonna be fun.

Haudegen
08-23-2007, 16:44
I´d like to join, too :yes:

Kagemusha
08-23-2007, 17:53
Il have to get in on this!:2thumbsup:

Sasaki Kojiro
08-23-2007, 18:22
That's like 44 people...amazing. Let's hope we don't have 10-15 wog's like last time.

Warmaster Horus
08-23-2007, 19:08
I see a few newcomers... Let's hope it's not too overwhelming for them.

And welcome back Warluster to mafia!

scottishranger
08-23-2007, 21:07
Seamus has good recruiting...

anyways, although my name is already on the list, I am in.(Thanks to the admins for letting me in here)

Louis VI the Fat
08-23-2007, 21:48
Oooh, I'm tempted, I'm tempted...

I'll be away for a little holiday the weekend of the 8th/9th of September, and quite busy the week before. I don't know if I should be strong and resist this game like a good boy, or join and sod real life...

The last Capo was a total blast, best game ever. :2thumbsup:

I'm undecided yet.

Sasaki's right. It's not just CR. Anybody that doesn't feel comfortable telling a bold-faced lie to some of their best Orgah buddies, announce now that you won't answer direct questions on your role regardless of what somebody has to say.

For a good example, visit some of the footwork I had to pull off to keep Prole alive in CTDT 1. The hardest part was lying to Redleg and Louis, who I really was trying to team up with, I just had to abandon that plan to keep Prole alive.Hah! You should've told me you worked with Prole - she had me wrapped around her finger all through the game. :shame:

VII -- Gameplay Rules concerning the dead, screenies, and general concerns:

The dead may post, but not vote/select nor carry out any night actions. Dead players may not reveal their roles publicly or privately until that role has been revealed as per section V and may not reveal their “familiy” or role particulars even after that time. Dead players may not reveal, recount or allude to their previous night actions (or results thereof in the case of investigations) publicly or privately – even to confirm a previously made public or private reveal. Remember, even if dead you can still score well provided your “side” achieves victory. Your participation must be circumspect, but your continued participation IS encouraged.

It is suggested that all players enable “invisible” mode so that technology is not used to trap you. If you remain visible while on the org boards, your activity can be logged and compared against a normal profile providing clues as to your role, working partners, etc. I have no recommendations to improve your rules or anything, but in general as well as in a mafia game, setting rules that are difficult to enforce will cause problems. I can already see the peanut gallery alluding to 'for your eyes only' sections in the chatroom or through MSN messenger.

Ah well, let me repeat the plead to people to behave like a good sport. It's just a game.
Well it's not just a game actually: it is a great game, in which a lot of people invest time, effort and emotion. Please don't ruin it.

CountArach
08-23-2007, 22:24
Just to confirm that I am in.

Proletariat
08-23-2007, 22:38
Hah! You should've told me you worked with Prole - she had me wrapped around her finger all through the game. :shame:

God, that was hard to lie like that to you and Redleg, two of my favorite Orgahs. I had to keep telling myself, 'just a game, don't be such a wuss' to try and ease my guilt. :sweatdrop:

Pannonian
08-23-2007, 22:42
Oooh, I'm tempted, I'm tempted...

I'll be away for a little holiday the weekend of the 8th/9th of September, and quite busy the week before. I don't know if I should be strong and resist this game like a good boy, or join and sod real life...

The last Capo was a total blast, best game ever. :2thumbsup:

I'm undecided yet.

I'm currently trying to persuade Tosa to allow 100 posts per page, so you can save batches of 100 posts to your local drive for easy browsing. That way, you can spare an hour or so each day just skimming through the pages you've saved, using Ctrl+F to concentrate your attention on anyone you find particularly suspicious. If you're scum, it's even easier, as there will be other players whom you can delegate to or who can summarise proceedings for you. A few days away in the middle shouldn't be a problem, as you'll probably be dead by then anyway.

Warmaster Horus
08-23-2007, 23:31
as you'll probably be dead by then anyway.

Cheery thought. Is the glass half empty?

j/k

Anyway, thanks for your efforts.

Orb
08-24-2007, 01:11
IN! Look out Fatlington.

Tiberius of the Drake
08-24-2007, 01:44
now its going to be good.

how's it bin going orb.

BTW 12CG needs help to get going again if ya can sapre the time. we havent heard from Trajan for a while. hes been kinda busy.

Seamus Fermanagh
08-24-2007, 02:05
Folks:

My apologies for any inconvenience. My Father has been hospitalized and it seems likely that I will have to travel to my parents, grandlings in tow.

As I really like hosting, Andres has suggested an extended sign-up while allowing the General to run his next installment of the "classic" version and to put me in the rotation after that.

This seems the best option, and will be what happens here unless I inform you otherwise. Recruit some more folks if you can. And thanks for your patience with me.

DisgruntledGoat
08-24-2007, 02:07
Count me in!

Csargo
08-24-2007, 02:35
Hope everything goes as well as it can Seamus.

Odin
08-24-2007, 02:48
Folks:

My apologies for any inconvenience.

No apologies necessary Seamus, take care of your family first. Good luck man.

:medievalcheers:

CountArach
08-24-2007, 03:10
Don't apologse! Take all the time you need. Best wishes to your family.

Proletariat
08-24-2007, 04:11
Seconding the last three posters, Seamus. Take all the time you need, your family's in our thoughts.

Andres
08-24-2007, 08:27
Your family comes first Seamus. If you are needed elsewhere, the Org will patiently wait. Take all the time you need.

This game will go in extended sign up.

C'mon fellow Orgsters, Seamus wanted 80 players, let's make sure he has 100 by the time he comes back. Recruit :whip:

Meanwhile, for those in dire need for a legendary mafia game: I've contacted the notorious GeneralHankerchief, the founder of .Org mafia games. Get yourselves ready for MAFIA VII, the new installment in the famous Dot Org classic MAFIA series.

Warmaster Horus
08-24-2007, 09:45
As everyone said: your family comes first, we'll wait.

Husar
08-24-2007, 09:49
Take care of your family, Seamus. Hope all will be fine.

sapi
08-24-2007, 15:12
We should be apologising, not you, Seamus. Take care; I hope things turn out well :thumbsup:

scottishranger
08-24-2007, 23:36
Take your time Seamus, family is much more important than this will ever be.

Caius
08-25-2007, 02:20
Folks:

My apologies for any inconvenience. My Father has been hospitalized and it seems likely that I will have to travel to my parents, grandlings in tow.
As everyone said, dont worry.

Lord Winter
08-25-2007, 03:45
Best wishes for your familly Seamus.

Tratorix
08-25-2007, 04:59
I'd like to sign up for the game.

Hope everything turns out alright with your family troubles Seamus.

Seamus Fermanagh
08-25-2007, 19:32
Dad has a biopsy on Monday. I may have to travel at the end of the week. Things still up in the air. Thanks for the kind wishes. Prayers from those of you who pray gratefully accepted.

Byzantine Mercenary
08-25-2007, 23:44
i am sorry to hear about your dad, best wishes and prayers

Tiberius of the Drake
08-26-2007, 00:49
GL seamus. Family definetly comes first.

Andres
08-26-2007, 17:31
You are all invited to join Mafia VII: Shadows of the Mafia (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1651064#post1651064).

Pra Tha Funkee Homo Sapien
08-27-2007, 06:19
Hey count me in on this game.

I hope your family is allright Seamus!

Ironside
08-27-2007, 10:48
Time consuming, but quite fun.

And would've scored about 150 points on that point scale last round. :beam:

Sign me in.

I hope your father will be well Seamus.

Caius
08-28-2007, 00:05
Ironside, join the another mafia game?

Papewaio
08-28-2007, 03:56
I'm in.

Odin
09-01-2007, 22:14
Hopefully things are going well for you and your father seamus. I am going to have to withdraw from the game, please make the appropriate updates to your list.

:medievalcheers:

Kralizec
09-02-2007, 23:41
Best wishes for your father, Seamus.

I'm in.

Csargo
09-04-2007, 10:25
I think I'll withdrawal as well.

Andres
09-04-2007, 10:30
I think I'll withdrawal as well.

Nooooooooooooooooooo...!

Zorg
09-05-2007, 23:56
In! I'm happy to wait for this to start, it sounds great.

Seamus Fermanagh
09-11-2007, 03:59
My regrets to all.

My Father is, in the classic sense, gravely ill. My focus must be with him and with my mother and family.

I have asked that this game be cancelled and re-scheduled at some later time. Andres has kindly agreed.

I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused, particularly to those of you from the TWC who went to the trouble of achieving dual citizenship.

I look forward to staging the game anew, properly, at some time in the future. All of you expressing interest will be contacted at that time. Thanks.

Andres, you may lock the thread and allow it to drop.

Proletariat
09-11-2007, 05:54
Never heard a more absurd apology, Seamus. Take all the time you need with your family. Godspeed to your Father as well

Andres
09-11-2007, 08:47
Closed and unstickied as requested.

And like mylady Prole said: there's no need for an apology Seamus. Your family comes first.

Best wishes and good luck. You and your family will be in our thoughts :bow:

Once you're back and ready for action, we'll bump your recruiting threads and we'll try to get as many of those lazy slackers signing up for duty :whip: