PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Increase Unit Size

tartaruga
07-28-2007, 15:34
Like to increase unit size, number of soldiers in each unit, playing ibfd 7.03., cant make it work. In version 5,0 i simply went to descrete export unit,and changed for example from 40 to 60, but in the newer version it does not work. Grateful for suggestions.

Warmaster Horus
07-30-2007, 14:21
Load the game, go in Options, Video, click on "advanced" and on the top right, there should be "Unit Size". For example, in normal settings a unit has 40 men. It's doubled in Large settings, and it's 4 times as many in Huge. However, this only works for a new campaign, and there is a performance drop on the battlefield.

tartaruga
07-30-2007, 16:42
sorry for not explaing properly, i am already playing at huge units,what i want to do is increase unit size even more, and the only way to do this is to go in to rome/total war/bi/data/export.descrete.unit. and change it from there, it worked in the older versions but not in version 7.03. Thanks for your help though.

Wladyslaw IV
07-31-2007, 19:37
I don't know where else it could be put. MII hides it in the cab files. Maybe you didn't install the mod right? I've seen the new version uses mod switch, maybe that's why you can't find it.

Riothamus
08-01-2007, 00:14
sorry for not explaing properly, i am already playing at huge units,what i want to do is increase unit size even more, and the only way to do this is to go in to rome/total war/bi/data/export.descrete.unit. and change it from there, it worked in the older versions but not in version 7.03. Thanks for your help though.

Hi tartaruga, If your using the mod switch version the folder you need to look in first is your IBFD folder ibfd/data/export_descr_unit. The ibfd folder takes the place of your bi.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
08-02-2007, 16:39
Like to increase unit size, number of soldiers in each unit, playing ibfd 7.03., cant make it work. In version 5,0 i simply went to descrete export unit,and changed for example from 40 to 60, but in the newer version it does not work. Grateful for suggestions.
as Riothamus mentioed, its in rome-total war/ibfd/data/export_desc_unit.txt, not rome-total war/bi/data/export.descrete.unit
by the way, welcome to the guild:yes: