PDA

View Full Version : what about a TOTAL war tournament.

pike master
07-29-2007, 17:58
we should have a tournament that emphasizes the title of the game as in all out no rules competition. with 10k as the limit.

:smash:

Chaos Cornelius lucius
07-30-2007, 00:23
It would be nice, but I get the feeling you would end up with a lot of all cav armies. Bit boring from my point of view as I like the interplay of all the different units. Hope I'm wrong tho

YellowMelon
07-30-2007, 01:37
Rules are there to balance the games. No rules = elephant spam and cav spam.

pike master
07-30-2007, 06:06
in war there are no rules.:elephant: :charge:

Zeph
07-30-2007, 12:33
Theres no guy with a mouse moving groups of men around sitting behind a screen either. :inquisitive:

Swoosh So
07-30-2007, 20:13
You never know with all this digital warfare :D

YellowMelon
07-30-2007, 21:30
In War, drastically overcharged cavalry and artillery are not priced so they can make up half your army :inquisitive:

Grendy
07-30-2007, 22:06
No Rules = No Balance = No Tournement

I don't see that many regular MP players would sign up for such an event.

|Heerbann|_Di3Hard
07-31-2007, 10:50
In War, drastically overcharged cavalry and artillery are not priced so they can make up half your army :inquisitive:

The different is, WAR is no fun :hmg: , but Total War MP should be fun. :charge:

And in my opinion, canons and heavy cav was very expensive. I can imagine that spears or spikes were the main equiment, in the most time of the middle ages.

Eng
07-31-2007, 11:34
U all are forgetting what this thread is about....
And btw I think that having a tournament is a great idea but some rules should be placed.

YellowMelon
07-31-2007, 12:34
U all are forgetting what this thread is about....
And btw I think that having a tournament is a great idea but some rules should be placed.

Then I think you are forgetting what this thread is about :laugh4:

There are about 5 1v1 tournaments on the go right now, possibly more to come in the next few months. The trick is knowing where to find them.

Swoosh So
07-31-2007, 18:05
Why not have a pick an army tournament, best army wins and save all the lag?

Wolf_Kyolic
07-31-2007, 20:56

:laugh4:

Chaos Cornelius lucius
08-01-2007, 06:12

Now that's a tournament I just might have a chance in:laugh4:

pike master
08-01-2007, 17:03
with absolutely no rules most factions are well balanced. who wants to take a chance with an all cav army if someone has a pike and musket army.

who would want use 2 or 3 elephants if your opponent has serpentines or ribaults.

who would want to use all pikes, or spears if your opponent has some good sword and shield infantry.

going against unpredictable army combos can involve more in depth thinking and different tactics than what you might use in rules games. the ability to adapt to the unknown takes some skill.

it would open up the field to using many different game winning combos and tactics that it would be easier to beat any particular one that someone has come up with.

YellowMelon
08-01-2007, 21:47
You dont need ALL cav armies, just enough inf to tie down lines while your cav runs through.

We have tried this many times, and the reason we have rules in place is so that the most amount of factions are balanced. If you go all era no rules, well theres only 5 teams worth taking: Venice, Milan, Portugal, Spain, and Timurids.