PDA

View Full Version : KotR 11th Diet Succession Ducal and King RESULT

AussieGiant
08-01-2007, 02:02
Arnold

Lords of the realm the Council has a decision.

3 Dukes and 1 King in favour of Seigfried.

1 Duke in favour of Hans.

The Legislation of CA 11.1 is as follows:

-------------

*Charter Amendment 11.1: Whenever a large dispute arises over the legitimacy of one's succession to a position of high power (Kaiser, King of Outremer, or Dukedom), a council shall be set forth to discuss the events and vote on who shall succed. Should the position of Kaiser be questioned, the four Dukes and the King of Outremer shall decide who is to become Kaiser. Should a Dukedom or the King of Outremer be under dispute, those not directly involved in the dispute shall be part of the council. In order for the council to be formed, at least one quarter of the voting power in the Reich is needed to for the council to be formed. Regarding the dukes, half of the voting period within the house is needed as the same with the King of Outremer which requires half of the crusader's votes.

Proposed: Friedrich Scherer
Seconded: Duke Arnold, Gerhard Steffen

-------------

We have come to a clear decision on the matter which is overwhelmingly in favour of Siegfried.

This legislation does not call for anything else other than what we have provided.

I believe we have given a clear enough mandate to have this be a result in itself.

However there is further legislation to consider IF you all wish:

-------------

Edict 11.9:Should the proceedings of the 11th Diet not lead to a satisfactory result, concerning the ascension of Emperor Siegfried, agreed upon by all Dukes, a public vote of all members of the Diet shall determine the status of Emperor Siegfried.

Proposed: Kaiser Siegfried
Seconded: Jan von Hamburg, Sigismund von Mahren

-------------

Edict 11.9 does call for ALL DUKES to agree and this has not happened.

I would like to at this time point out that if we do go to a further Reich wide vote the result could be less conclusive.

I believe this councils deliberations are more than enough for the Reich to move on with the result of CA11.1 as a mandate.

However legislation is available to enact.

My Lords,

The floor is yours.