PDA

View Full Version : Scripts ???

Patriote
08-09-2007, 19:49
If you take the example of the Roman-Carthagian script that if Roma besieges Mesena and it doesn't lift the siege, Carthage declares war on roma, what are the limitations to such scripts ?

Is it possible or would it be possible with EB2 to have rebels cities join specific faction using a script ? :inquisitive:

Because that could be a way to represent alliances that happened in the history(I'm thinking of some greek leagues) Of course, historical requirements would need to happend, like in the example mention earlier, Roma besieging Mesena, for such historical or political events to happen.

Also, having requirements instead of being automatic, this would not force players to replay history exactly, something the EB team wants avoid but rather force players to adjust depending on if the script is activated or not.

Foot
08-10-2007, 00:18
We already have something as you say. For some rebel cities, attacking them will cause their parent faction to declare war on you. For example, the polis of Sinope will ask KH for help if the player tries to attack it. Firstly you get a warning from your advisor, if you continue to proceed then KH will declare war. We cannot make the city actually become part of KH (or any other faction), but this is a better option anyway, otherwise KH would start gaining cities everywhere, and their alliance was never that strong.

Foot

Patriote
08-10-2007, 13:28
That's ok but I agree with you that adding even more cities to KH would make them way too strong and that was not my basic idea.

I was more looking for a way to depict historical alliances between the hellenic leagues / macedonia during this non-stopping infigthing :yes:

Because right now, as some people told me, the hellenic faction that survive the least often is Makedonia but historically, they ended up controlling, one way or another, most of Greece.

Maybe this has to do with the huge Epirote army right next to the Makedonia capital (and this Pyrrhus monster:yes:)

Anyways, I'm just trying to come up with ideas to enhance this alrady incredible mod :2thumbsup: