PDA

View Full Version : [MP] Invalid CD-Key

Lexyus
08-16-2007, 13:27
If I want to play Multiplayer it say's Invalid CD-Key
Why because I bought the Original game just a week ago?

If you ain't believe me that I bought the original I could exactly says what is in the Manual?

Can somebody help me?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
08-16-2007, 13:36
Hi Lexyus,
May I suggest that you follow the instuction in this thread (http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/2957/t/-quot-CD-Key-Invalid-quot-Got-you-down-.html). Perhaps it could allow you to play online. Hope this helps you, good luck, cheers!

sapi
08-16-2007, 13:58
Double check to make sure you haven't made the common mistakes (O instead of 0, l or 1 instead of I etc) ~;)

Lexyus
08-16-2007, 21:41
I already solve the problem thank you Guys!:laugh4:

regor
10-15-2007, 19:51
Lexyus, maybe you could post on how you solved your problem. I had similar problems, and this is a fix that came from the site www.sega-europe.com/support :

Actually the key is not checked when installing the game. Here is what you need to do.

First, close Medieval 2. From the Windows desktop:

- Click Start
- Click Run
- Type regedit and click Ok

This will open the registry editor. In the left-hand pane you will see a list of folders.

- Double-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Double-click SOFTWARE
- Double-click SEGA
- Double-click Medieval II Total War

In the right-hand pane, you will see the game's registry entries.

- Double-click CDKey

You can now enter your CD Key in the Value Data field. Be sure to enter the CD Key exactly as it appears on the back of your Medieval 2 manual, including the hyphens (-). The CD Key must be entered all in upper-case (capital letters). All 0s are zeroes. The CD Key should take the format:

12AB-34BC-56DE-78FG

- Once you have entered the CD Key, click OK
- Close the Registry Editor

Now start Medieval 2 again and try to connect to multiplayer.

One comment: my CD key is not in the format shown (12AB-34BC-56DE-78FG), but all else was correct and solved my problem.

Ferret
04-16-2008, 21:27
does anyone know how to edit the registry using Vista?

edit:nevermind I found it.

Mystic
01-12-2009, 04:48
just bought the game last night and im having this same issue. im going to try the above fix. -crosses fingers-

Mystic
01-12-2009, 04:53
it has my cd key in there already but its still saying invalid. what did you do lexyus?