PDA

View Full Version : Warmans questions

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
08-06-2007, 15:31
Hey,

how ethier my maps I didn't install right, even when I re-installed them and unzip them into savemaps folder. Or Like Tosa said, I open with VI exe. What was I suppose to add to the VI thingy? Then mabye someone can test it out with me this week :yes: .

Puzz3D
08-06-2007, 20:14
how ethier my maps I didn't install right, even when I re-installed them and unzip them into savemaps folder.
The zip file already has the \Savemaps folder with the map files inside of that. So, you unzip it to your main game folder not to \Savemaps. I made the same mistake when installing the new maps. When you do that the new maps end up in \Savemaps\Savemaps folder. If that happens, you can just move them up into the first \Savemaps folder and then delete the second \Savemeps folder.

You're going to have two shortcuts on your desktop; one for VI and one for Samurai Wars. Rename the shotcut that starts Samurai Wars to Samurai Wars or some name like that. Both of the shortcuts should have -strictserver on the target line if you intend to host games.

Tomisama
08-07-2007, 00:18
I made the same mistake when installing the new maps. When you do that the new maps end up in \Savemaps\Savemaps folder. If that happens, you can just move them up into the first \Savemaps folder and then delete the second \Savemeps folder.

I did the same thing. But first I tryed to extract to the Battle\Maps folder, then to the SaveMaps. Then copied the maps them selves and moved them as Yuuki has explained.

:candle:

08-07-2007, 00:41
The zip file already has the \Savemaps folder with the map files inside of that. So, you unzip it to your main game folder not to \Savemaps. I made the same mistake when installing the new maps. When you do that the new maps end up in \Savemaps\Savemaps folder. If that happens, you can just move them up into the first \Savemaps folder and then delete the second \Savemeps folder.

You're going to have two shortcuts on your desktop; one for VI and one for Samurai Wars. Rename the shotcut that starts Samurai Wars to Samurai Wars or some name like that. Both of the shortcuts should have -strictserver on the target line if you intend to host games.

........ Shit. you mean to tell me I made a easy mistake. hehehe,......:laugh4:

Thanks mates :pokemon:

08-07-2007, 00:44

Done. Can one of you guys test it out with me this week??

08-07-2007, 01:59
Hey,

can any of you guys come on this wedsnesday around noontime my time?? if not then, mabye around 2PM my time?

08-08-2007, 22:14

where is the Taget Line again??

Puzz3D
08-08-2007, 22:36
where is the Taget Line again??
In the properties of the shortcut. This is what the Target line looks like in my shortcut to Samurai Wars:

"C:\Program Files\Total War\Samurai Wars\Medieval_TW.EXE" -strictserver -ian

08-09-2007, 02:44
Thanks Puzz. (keep wanting to call you Puzzle lol)

Tomisama
08-09-2007, 12:19
In the properties of the shortcut. This is what the Target line looks like in my shortcut to Samurai Wars:

"C:\Program Files\Total War\Samurai Wars\Medieval_TW.EXE" -strictserver -ian

I don't know what I was doing wrong before (probably spelling), but copying and pasting the " -strictserver -ian" above to my desktop shortcut worked!

Now I may be able to host :grin:

08-17-2007, 20:13
Hey guys,

where I'm suppose to get Beta 5 at again? lost the forum linky to the thread that Tosa gave me.

Jochi Khan
08-18-2007, 00:02
Read here.. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=90026

08-18-2007, 01:18
Thank you Jochi!!

Puzz3D
08-18-2007, 12:52
Since R'as discovered that his dropping last Sunday was caused by a corrupted DirectX, which was fixed by reinstalling DirectX 9.0c, we are going give beat8 another chance, but will switch to beta5 if we experience drops to see if it works better.