PDA

View Full Version : Missing text files (strat.txt, shared.txt, tooltips.txt)

alpaca
08-21-2007, 11:08
Download (http://www.mizus.com/files/files/M2TW/tools/strat_shared_tooltips.rar)

These files give you a way to edit strat.txt, tooltips.txt and shared.txt

To use them, simply unpack them into your data/text folder. The game should automatically overwrite the .strings.bin files with the edited versions.
Keep in mind that these files are in English. There's no easy way so far to unpack different language versions for them.

These files are designed to work with M2TW 1.2

Thanks to Re Berengario I for explaining to me how to get the game to throw out the correct tags.

This is brought to you by alpaca, and hosted at mizus.com (thanks to Clan Mizus)

SigniferOne
08-21-2007, 16:05
Fantastic Alpaca, this is exactly what I was looking for. As a curiosity's sake, where did you derive the { } tags from?

alpaca
08-21-2007, 19:14
As I wrote in the thread where you asked, Re Berengario I told me that the game will generate a strings bin file containing the tags that it has in the .exe if you feed it a .txt with a correct tag in place.
They have the same order as the entries in the .strings.bin that's in vanilla, so I wrote a script to match them. Those that weren't localised caused problems though so I had to delete them.
All in all it's a more or less complicated process which is why I didn't completely automate it.

Monkwarrior
03-26-2008, 00:23
Do these files work in M2TW 1.3?
I've tried to modify strat.txt, both in data\text and in mymod\data\text folders and in none of them the changes are shown in game, and no .strings.bin file is generated. :no: