PDA

View Full Version : Predictions....

Devastatin Dave
08-24-2007, 17:26
I predict this will be the greatest game EVER. Yes, you heard me. What are your predictions?

BoyarPunk
08-24-2007, 17:29
That's too much of a bold prediction for my tastes LOL.

It's too early to make an educated guess, so I'll go with a gut feeling and say it won't be great but it also won't be terrible. :beam:

Husar
08-24-2007, 17:41
I predict there will be at least one bug.:inquisitive:

Ethelred Unread
08-24-2007, 17:47
Someone, somewhere will complain about historical innaccuracy

Rodion Romanovich
08-24-2007, 17:51
My prediction is that this game will be more fun than MTW2, and that I will most certainly buy it! (I didn't buy MTW2 after seeing that it was little different from RTW and also didn't have as large modding community as RTW). As long as the core features and AI of the battle map mode are the focus of the developers, it can't really fail... Also, 18th century naval combat hasn't been subject to too many games so it will probably be enough for many hours of great gaming as long as the naval combat AI is decent. "For King George and Englaaaaand!" :charge:

Devastatin Dave
08-24-2007, 18:05
I take my prediction back, Shogun was the greatest game ever!!! But I'm sure this one will allow me to ignore my wife and chidlren for hours, days, weeks, and possibly months like previous titles.:laugh4:

icek
08-24-2007, 18:42
i predict that Yankies will have tank-boats such ones from "Sahara" movie :laugh4:

Zim
08-24-2007, 19:07
i predict that Yankies will have tank-boats such ones from "Sahara" movie :laugh4:

I predict the game will end some 45 years too early for the CSS Texas to make an appearance. :laugh4:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSS_Texas

A Norseman
08-24-2007, 19:38
I predict that the USA will never ever be a country when the Brits are under my command..

Alexander the Pretty Good
08-24-2007, 19:59
I predict that the AI will be better than Rome/M2. They've had plenty of time to be embarrassed about it and starting with a fresh engine should allow them to solve the problem with the knowledge they now have instead of tweaking an existing code base.

I also predict this will still be overhyped.

pevergreen
08-25-2007, 00:22
Most likely, but we can hope.

trickydicky
08-25-2007, 13:04
I predict that I will buy this game.

It looks from the available screenies to be a monster :2thumbsup:

IsItStillThere
08-25-2007, 13:10

:laugh4:

I think that's a safe bet :-)

I've already comlained about potential historical inaccuracies.:shame:

My prediction: the devs will incorporate exploding cannons and muskets and go way overboard. Guns will be exploding like its the fourth of july. It will have to be modded.

Lorenzo_H
08-25-2007, 13:54
I just found out about Empire: Total War a few seconds ago. I must say that I am very pleased at the turn CA have decided to make.

I'm looking forward to it greatly.

Abokasee
08-25-2007, 15:53
I garentee if there is a sheild bug, the African tribes and India wont stand a chance against Europian Rifles

The Spartan (Returns)
08-25-2007, 16:04

I predict this will be the greatest game EVER. Yes, you heard me. What are your predictions?I agree, and we can always have mods for it.:saint:

Ragnor_Lodbrok
10-04-2007, 20:48
My prediction is that the European factions are going to get boring after a few campaigns due to their similarity and melee will be slimmed quite a bit or remain roughly the same.

Bows, crossbows, swords, spears, halberds, pikes, javelins, shields, chariots, elephants are so much for fascinating than guns.
There's something about people in striped trousers wielding swords and spears.

Divinus Arma
10-05-2007, 01:56
I predict that charging units will again look like clones.

I predict there will be no integration of ship and land combat, like amphibious landings or ships firing on land. (which will absolutely water down the game.)

Devastatin Dave
10-05-2007, 17:46
I predict that charging units will again look like clones.

I predict there will be no integration of ship and land combat, like amphibious landings or ships firing on land. (which will absolutely water down the game.)
That's strange DA, in a thread you created earlier you said that you were crying like a little sissy girl with happiness about the game. Are you thinking that you might be dissappointed?

I still feel this is going to be a good one. But I would love CA to revisit Japan...

Divinus Arma
10-07-2007, 18:42
That's strange DA, in a thread you created earlier you said that you were crying like a little sissy girl with happiness about the game. Are you thinking that you might be dissappointed?

I still feel this is going to be a good one. But I would love CA to revisit Japan...

I'm very pleased. But the initial euphoria has settled and reality is replacing it.

I am afraid that this will be more of that "arcade" feeling.

There is such enormous potential here: New engine, new era, new AI. This could be their best yet.

But if CA/SEGA chooses to water down the features and arcade it up, then we could be totally bummed.

S.Selim_1
10-07-2007, 23:48
If i only know the approximate size of the game..then i could have a precise prediction of the game... i'm afraid there will not be a lot of upgrades since the the game only takes place from 1700 to 1800. I also wish wo see a total variety of units so that every empire is unique as much as possible even if that makes CA cut down the number of playable factions...now that game could make history..............oh i wish i could make that game :beam:

TosaInu
10-08-2007, 12:23
If i only know the approximate size of the game..then i could have a precise prediction of the game...

Do you mean size in gigabytes of install? I'ld count on several, maybe tens. But that doesn't really say much, other than that it is a modern game and probably has high resolution graphics. Both are to be confirmed.

Akeichi Mitsuhide
10-08-2007, 12:40
I predict that if i try to run this game, my pc will blow up :D

Belgolas
10-08-2007, 16:34
I predict that I will be able to run this game at max settings.

I also predict that factions and battles will be too similar and might get boring.

Stuperman
10-09-2007, 02:29
Based on M2TW, I predict that on release day, CA will give us a functional beta, 6 months to 1 year later, the full game will be released as the '1.3 patch'.

Given that the game will only have a hundred years to play, I also predict small techtrees.

Freedom Onanist
10-09-2007, 11:15
I garentee if there is a sheild bug, the African tribes and India wont stand a chance against Europian RiflesThe only bug there would be if they had any effect whatsoever. In fact they should give people in armour penalty points for turning up wearing all that rubbish - just on principle.

Other predictions:

Wingeing about historical inaccuracy - as already pointed out

My side aren't strong enough
Uniforms are wrong
Mustaches are wrong (check out the TWC)
There should be more armour/swords/spears/axes/elephants/dragons/elves/orcs/ninjas/samurai/fantasy/lala:dizzy2:

My country isn't in it/playable

Lord help us if Poland isn't a playable faction!

I will buy

It will be better than Shogun - when I take my rose-tinted specs off

Furious Mental
10-10-2007, 07:15
Well I don't think a shield would be much use against guns but still it would have offered the same protection against melee weapons, and against bows (which were still in use in various places). But really if you were a European cavalryman and you were waylayed by, say, a Mughal cavalryman wearing brigandine or plate and mail, the obvious thing to do would have been to shoot him with a pistol. Problem solvered.

lancelot
10-10-2007, 19:42
Based on M2TW, I predict that on release day, CA will give us a functional beta, 6 months to 1 year later, the full game will be released as the '1.3 patch'.

I couldnt have put it better myself.

And I'll add a caveat to this-

I predict- 6 months to a year into the working beta, CA will announce the next Total War game, despite the fact that RTW, MTW2 and ETW will still have major bugs.

Completely agree on this point too.

Freedom Onanist
10-12-2007, 11:26
I predict- 6 months to a year into the working beta, CA will announce the next Total War game, despite the fact that RTW, MTW2 and ETW will still have major bugs.It's a wonder you still bother posting about CA games. I predict you will buy the game.

Sheogorath
10-17-2007, 05:42
I predict that this game will be exactly half as good as it is hyped up to be.

Mouzafphaerre
10-17-2007, 13:13
I predict it will come with fewer bugs than Windows Vista. :computer:

Sheogorath
10-17-2007, 20:22
Thats a self-fulfilling prophecy.:laugh4:

Lord of the Isles
10-18-2007, 10:51
I predict that Mrs Devastatin will take a horrible and painful revenge for being ignored while Dave plays Empire:TW.

Freedom Onanist
10-18-2007, 22:00
I predict a riot

Abokasee
10-22-2007, 09:01
-------------------------
:laugh4:
:crown:

My grandad got Vista soon after it came out for his laptop, this is bad, why?

He just given up technophobia of him using computers.
Vista is confusing, and he is at a state were he struggle to understand where he is.
Its new, I've never used a vista, dads never, no one in are families used vista.
-----------------------
Back to topic

I predict that:

Someone will moan about something.

:blank2:

Empress_Zoe
10-26-2007, 14:49
Someone will moan about something.

Agreed.

Someone will moan about someone reporting bugs, glitches, lack of patching, etc:2thumbsup:

skuzzy
10-27-2007, 03:11
I predict that The Lordz will be too far into development of their new game to fix CA's mistakes :)

Galapagos
10-27-2007, 07:19
I predict E:TW will be full of bugs and will be the worst TW game ever.

Warluster
10-27-2007, 08:39
I predict that CA will announce a month before shipping that it is pushed back a year.

Faenaris
10-27-2007, 14:21
I predict that CA will announce a month before shipping that it is pushed back a year.

Just thinking of that possibility makes me sweat. When RTW was postponed by a whole year, I was genuinly angry and disappointed. Sure, it's just a game, but high hopes kill no matter what the subject is. :) CA, just give a date like "December 2009" and change the release date when it appears you'll be finished sooner. :)

Tully Bascombe
10-27-2007, 21:19
I predict that the naval combat interface will be a bit of a bear and will stymie most players until they get used to it. I just hope that it's better than the one used on "Imperial Glory". :dizzy2:

Caius
10-27-2007, 22:19
I predict E:TW will be full of bugs and will be the worst TW game ever.
Please dont prejudge CA games. Remember, dont bash CA.

abdecken5
10-28-2007, 03:18
Please dont prejudge CA games. Remember, dont bash CA.

well imo every game in the series has been increasingly worse than shogan, apart from M:TW which was a worth sequel to the origional, so Empires could continue the trend but of course i hope not!

but i judge every game seperatly for what it is, the fact it is part of a franchise (even one that started as good as TW) dose not guarantee quality in my experience becuase each game is made by different people

S.Selim_1
10-29-2007, 21:18
WUT theeee...M2TW is the best game i eva played in my life..and i mean it. i never in my life got so involved in a game like M2TW...and tell u the truth it's my first time in my life to join a forum org. i never played shogun but judging from the screen shots..not that good...RTW is definetly better and M2TW is the best strategy game made so far..the TW series have done the best strategy games and i think ETW is gonna be better and better than the other sequels...although i think they could've made more playable factions..maybe more asian factions since i'm seeing a lot of the asian community complaining..and expansion 4 ETW with asian factions might help

Empress_Zoe
11-04-2007, 11:29
WUT theeee...M2TW is the best game i eva played in my life..and i mean it. i never in my life got so involved in a game like M2TW...and tell u the truth it's my first time in my life to join a forum org. i never played shogun but judging from the screen shots..not that good...RTW is definetly better and M2TW is the best strategy game made so far..the TW series have done the best strategy games and i think ETW is gonna be better and better than the other sequels...although i think they could've made more playable factions..maybe more asian factions since i'm seeing a lot of the asian community complaining..and expansion 4 ETW with asian factions might help

Nice block there...

M2TW certainly looks better than Shogun...And it would be quite odd if it didn't, no? After all, there are quite a few years between them.

That being said, If all you are used to is M2TW, and you think it is the best strategy game evah, I suggest you do stay away from Shogun. Constant defeat will have you getting quite frustrated no doubt.:yes:

Evil_Maniac From Mars
11-05-2007, 05:35
I predict that we'll overhype the game by ourselves, without help from CA. When the game is released, we'll be disappointed, mostly because we expected a perfect, bug-free, historically accurate game with ultimate gameplay, and we'll ***** about it without end, completely overlooking the fact that it really is a damn good game.

TinCow
11-05-2007, 18:54
I predict that the AI will not be good enough to beat me, even at the hardest settings.

abdecken5
11-07-2007, 15:46
I predict the game magazines will give it top marks and hail it as the biggest and best tw ever !!!!11111 zomg thus it will be sucessful at least commercially :wall:

Heledir
11-11-2007, 03:23
Judging by the fiasko that M2TW has become I am predicting that ETW is going to defy the laws of physics by sucking and blowing at the same time. CA is sailing into a disaster :titanic: