PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial

Brighdaasa
08-24-2007, 23:55
Since the whole gunpowder period will require vastly different tactics from previous tw games, maybe a return of the shogun style tutorial would be a welcome change. You know: small battles showing the effectiveness of different unit types vs each other, and the effectiveness of the gunpowder specific formations.

I always felt that the Rome and Medieval II tutorials didn't adequately explain the effects of different unit types and of morale. Well, not like the old style did. The new tutorial is better however at showing the interface and how to give units commands.
Therefore, maybe add both: the 'new style' as basic tutorial, and add the 'old style' as advanced tutorials, made available when you complete the basic one. Failing that maybe a sequence of video tutorials showing off the effects of formations and unit type weaknesses?

Opinions?

pevergreen
08-25-2007, 00:07
That could work very well. I must say the M2TW gave me a good idea, but it could be built on.

Videos of effectiveness of different formations.:yes: I like it.

Megas Methuselah
08-22-2009, 02:32
The in-game tutorials aren't that bad, though. I suppose a few videos would be nice to show more larger-scale formations and tactics than the small tutorial would allow, but trial-and-error is always fun.