PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly One thing I know I'm looking forward to...

Master of Puppets
08-25-2007, 02:14
Is the fact that finally America is in the series. I was getting tired of hearing funky European accents during M2TW anyway, lol.

pevergreen
08-25-2007, 04:44
Im happy india and north africa are still there!

Cecil XIX
08-25-2007, 06:38
Not only am I American, but I'm from Virginia as well. So I'm extremely excited.

NagatsukaShumi
08-25-2007, 15:24
Bloody colonial upstarts ~;)

trickydicky
08-25-2007, 15:45
Bloody colonial upstarts ~;)

Hang on, you mean we didn't win the war?

~:doh:

Proletariat
08-26-2007, 01:42
Not only am I American, but I'm from Virginia as well. So I'm extremely excited.

Same here, Cecil. I never longed for America to be in the series, I actually don't even really dig it being in MTW2, but it's pretty cool getting to play during the period of America's birth.

I wonder how faction leader's titles will be for this and other democracies during the period. Will be kinda weird ending a game in 1800 with 'King Jefferson' playing as America

Discoman
08-26-2007, 01:47
I'm wondering how Democracy will play out for that matter, Seems you as the player might not have much power choosing a faction leader. Considering he'll keep changing every 4 years. Imagine if your people didn't like your policies and voted you out of office and it was game over? :laugh4:

Zarky
08-26-2007, 19:19
I think that if there are Democrat factions, your generals are politicians or something, that all have changes to get elected to certain Office (possibly something like in MTW? hope so) So you can click on general and put him as candidate to president. Or then you can´t choose who tries to go where, that would force you to make generals good-all-round.
Im looking forward to sea battles, Yarr! i´ll set lone wolf fleets to far away waters to destroy and capture enemy ships.

Owen Glyndwr
08-26-2007, 23:36
Im looking forward to sea battles, Yarr! i´ll set lone wolf fleets to far away waters to destroy and capture enemy ships.

Isn't that a thought? I know that this is a good time after the times of Sir Francis Drake, but what if you could do that sort of thing. Have a fleet of "Pirates" That raid enemy ships to earn wealth for your country, however aren't openly listed as part of your nation. I think hat would be cool, and add another layer to the game.

Caius
08-27-2007, 00:46
I wonder if a system of collonies will be implemented.

GFX707
08-28-2007, 12:23
Hang on, you mean we didn't win the war?

~:doh:

You lost the spelling bee....

Fisherking
09-02-2007, 14:22
I wonder if a system of collonies will be implemented.

They would kind of have to be don't you think? The whole of the Western Hemisphere were colonies at the time and by the end of the game almost all were either independent or in rebellion.

Mailman653
09-02-2007, 16:23
I would like to see the War of 1812 represented in the game or in an expansion. Although short and over shadowed by Napoleon, due to the nature of TW games, it would be fun to see what kind of possiblities can develop, a return to British rule? A succssful invasion of Canada? War with Spain, etc etc.

ratbarf
09-02-2007, 16:45
w00t I am guessing a lot of people are looking forward to burning down the whitehouse again....

By the way we actually did that, we lit it up and plundered the bloody place, but the boat sank on the return trip. :wall:

Mailman653
09-02-2007, 16:55
w00t I am guessing a lot of people are looking forward to burning down the whitehouse again....

By the way we actually did that, we lit it up and plundered the bloody place, but the boat sank on the return trip. :wall:
Always looking for something to put in your museum:laugh4:

GFX707
09-10-2007, 04:25
I would like to see the War of 1812 represented in the game or in an expansion. Although short and over shadowed by Napoleon, due to the nature of TW games, it would be fun to see what kind of possiblities can develop, a return to British rule? A succssful invasion of Canada? War with Spain, etc etc.

I highly doubt there will be limited wars in this game with the majority of the game being peace. As with every other TW game it will probably be a case of everyone declaring war on you (apparently for no reason most of the time) until you kill them, not accepting peace under any circumstances.

Tratorix
09-10-2007, 04:32
Well, the series is called "Total War" not "Total Peace and Love" :laugh4: .

GFX707
09-10-2007, 20:15
Well, the series is called "Total War" not "Total Peace and Love" :laugh4: .

*clap*

Seriously though, if the real world was like a TW game....

Akeichi Mitsuhide
09-10-2007, 20:54
Then i would be Japan !!! XD XD XD.

One thing IM looking 4ward to.................................................................................................. ................................. *stops putting dots allovah ta place to prevent spam* I know ! Line fights ! XD XD XD !

TevashSzat
09-11-2007, 00:04
:nospam:

All I am waiting for is China.....begins praying that next game is Total War: Asia

Intrepid Sidekick
09-20-2007, 11:32
I wonder how faction leader's titles will be for this and other democracies during the period. Will be kinda weird ending a game in 1800 with 'King Jefferson' playing as America

LOL. :laugh4: I'm guessing your joking here.:inquisitive: Please give us some credit for having thought stuff through :idea2: As we have already said there are different government types. Therefore different titles and systems. :yes:

Mikeus Caesar
09-20-2007, 19:39
LOL. :laugh4: I'm guessing your joking here.:inquisitive: Please give us some credit for having thought stuff through :idea2: As we have already said there are different government types. Therefore different titles and systems. :yes:

Different titles and systems, but ultimately all function in the same way, or can all end up with one result, as we have seen in present day Ameri-

I'll go back to the backroom now :focus:

Rodion Romanovich
09-20-2007, 20:18
*clap*

Seriously though, if the real world was like a TW game....
I agree, I'd like a game focused more on diplomacy and war being more rare. Peace-time turns go quicker to play anyway so most of the game time would still be battles! :charge:

Kekvit Irae
09-20-2007, 20:25
:nospam:

All I am waiting for is China.....begins praying that next game is Total War: Asia

Fat chance for that happening. I'd LOVE to see a TW game based on China's rich military history. Sadly, the only thing I can do until then is load up the Qin scenario in Civilization 4: Warlords.