PDA

View Full Version : Faction Thread 7: Orcs and Goblins

Bwian
08-27-2007, 18:59
Gentlemen... Ladies....Warhammerites...

This thread is for the discussion of unit lists, details etc. for the greenskin factions. Alletun will be undertaking the bulk of the construction work, so feel free to make suggestions and give thoughts on the look and feel of the faction.

Stratos
08-27-2007, 20:18
I will really love to see some orcs boyz in his glory, or almost know what model will you use.
But now about my ideas:

Basic Units:

Orcs boyz
Orcs Arrer boyz
Savage Orcs
Goblins Regiments
Night Goblins Regiment
Wolf cavalry

Special Units:

Boar mounted orcs
Black orc regiment
Boar Chariot
Wolf Chariot

What you guys think??

alexader
08-27-2007, 20:22
mind that an upgrade for the orcs boyz(the basic unit) to big 'uns, i have read it,so it will be good to include it:egypt:

Dogman55
08-27-2007, 21:27
Im not very knowledgable on the orc dept, but don't they have Giants and Giant Trolls as well? Will they be put into the game?

Taranaich
08-27-2007, 22:01
I think Stratos' unit list is pretty strong and feasible.

Night Goblin Fanatics would be nice, if probably really difficult to implement considering they're just swinging a flail ten times heavier than they are. Perhaps Spider Riders would be good light cavalry (if they don't prove impossible to animate), and I think I'm mentioned my fondness for Squigs plenty. How can you not love a psychotic space hopper with a gob bigger than its body?

However, one weapon that simply must, MUST be included if humanly possible, is the greatest siege weapon in the game - more terrible than the warp lightning gun, the hellcannon, and the Engine of the Gods combined.

Gentlemen, I speak of the Goblin Doom Diver.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/images/Doom-Diver_large.jpg

Even now, the Dwarves tremble in their mountains... :P

Jubal_Barca
08-27-2007, 22:33
Also, if there is no snotling pump wagon I will kill every one of you...

Enthes
08-27-2007, 23:51
if you are gonna do orcs you have to include giants and trolls :yes:

Bwian
08-28-2007, 00:17
Both Giants and Trolls are possible, and if they fit, we will make them!

Eufarius
08-28-2007, 03:07
ALLRIGTH Bwian then trolls and giants it is.

btw are you going to use the Bone giant's skeleton for the giant?

or are you going ot create a new one?

Stratos
08-28-2007, 07:13
Orcs have to charge without orders, as they love to fight in hand to hand combat

Alletun
08-28-2007, 08:14
excellent units so far but could you please write a brief description of them? how much armour, what kind of weapons etc. will make my job alot easier.

List of units so far:
Basic Units:

Orcs boyz
Orcs Arrer boyz
Savage Orcs
Goblins Regiments
Night Goblins Regiment
Wolf cavalry

Special Units:

Boar mounted orcs
Black orc regiment
Boar Chariot
Wolf Chariot
Trolls
Goblin Doom Diver
(Maybe giants)

Stratos
08-28-2007, 11:33
BASIC UNITS

Hope it helps you, I included a link to the units, so you can see how it looks, also the

official description. Call for more help If you need it!!

Orcs Boyz

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/7/

Orcs are the largest as well as the toughest, meanest and by far the most dangerous of the

Greenskins. There are several different kinds of Orc, but the most numerous are just plain

Orcs or Common Orcs.

Even the smallest Orc packs a great deal of bone, muscle, and bloody-mindedness into a body

as tall as a man and substantially broader. Orcs vary a great deal in size and appearance,

with the biggest individuals in charge of the rest. The pecking order within each tribe is

established by constant fighting, so only the meanest and nastiest Orcs get to the very top

of the tribal ladder.

Orcs feel almost no pain and care little about discomfort, physical hurt, or even death.

They enjoy nothing more than violence and will happily face death in batle just so long as

they get a chance to put up a good fight.

Orc Arrer Boyz

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/30/

Same as above but archers

Savage Orcs

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/6/

Long ago, all Orcs lived in the south and were savages with no means of manufacturing metal

weapons, armour, or war machines. These primitive Orcs used flint spears, wooden clubs, and

whatever other weaponry they could steal from more advanced races. As the tribes expanded,

migrated north, and learned the secret of metalworking from the Chaos Dwarfs, a few tribes

were left behind in the south.

Savage Orcs persist in their primitive ways to this day. Even by Orcish standards, they are

a complete bunch of primitives. They use mostly stone or bone weapons and go around

half-naked, or worse. Many live in their own tribes and have their own ways of fighting that

make them easily distinguishable.

Goblin Regiment

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/9/

Goblins are small, vicious, mean-spirited and generally unpleasant creatures. Clues as to

their character may be discerned in their tiny pointed teeth, beady glinting eyes, scrawny

grasping hands, and general demeanour of a whipped dog. They fight amongst themselves both

on and off the battlefield. One thing Goblins do have going for them is that they are

numerous ? there are lots of them, and no matter how many die or run away, there always

seems to be plenty left.

Night Goblins regiment

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/8/

Night Goblins are adapted to life underground where they subsist on fungi, Cave Squigs,

beetles, and bits of each other. They live under the mountains throughout the Old World and

Southlands in tunnels and caverns that are cool and dark. Night Goblins have a strong

aversion to daylight and when forced above ground wear black or very dark enveloping robes

to protect themselves from the sun's rays.

Wolf Cavalry

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/13/

Many Goblin tribes are nomadic in nature, traversing the wilderness of the Badlands and the

steppes to the east in huge, ramshackle caravans. Roaming Wolf Riders ? Goblins mounted upon

the backs of swift, snarling giant wolves ? precede these snaking trains of scummy

Goblinhood. Packs of Wolf Riders scout out the land ahead and pounce upon and foe foolish

enough to be caught alone in the wide-open spaces.

Being Goblins, Wolf Riders like to pick on the weak, the isolated, and those already

bleeding to death, and their preferred victims are the likes of enemy war machine crew,

small units of of scouts, and those few beings smaller and weaker than themselves.

SPECIAL UNITS

Boar Mounted Orcs

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/14/

The giant boars of the Warhammer world are ferocious and loudly flatulent animals noted for

their ill-tempered and uncompromisingly vicious nature. These qualities are readily

appreciated by Orcs.

Most Orc settlements have secure pens where they keep their boars. The boars themselves are

evil-minded creatures that take every opportunity to maim, bite and kick their masters, but

this doesn't really concern te Orcs who are on the whole sensible enough to keep well clear.

Black Orcs Regiment

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/15/

Black Orcs are the biggest and strongest of all Orcish breeds. Because of this advantage,

they're able to grab the best gear and are invariably better armoured than the rest of the

ladz. This advantage also means that they're always in the thick of the fighting. Perhaps

this reason is why there are so few Black Orcs and why they usually form the ruling clan of

a larger Orc tribe rather than a tribe in heir own right. Even tribes with hardly any Black

Orcs are often led by a Black Orc Warboss, and jolly grateful they are too!

On the battlefield Black Orcs like to concentrate on the job at hand. Disputes which would

cause squabbling and disorder among the other Greenskins are settled around the campfires

the night before by means of orderly head-butting competitions and Gobbo throwing contests.

Boar Chariot

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/16/

Boar Chariots aren't as fast as Wolf Chariots, but they are a lot tougher and much more

likely to get across the table without being reduced to matchwood. They are a big and

obvious target, so take more than one if you can to make the enemy divide his fire between

them. That way one of them will probably get through.

Wolf Chariot

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/21/

Goblins harness giant wolves to pull their chariots whereas Orcs naturally favour the giant

boar - difficult as it is to harness these irascible and startlingly flatulent creatures

(though it's a lot easier when you only have to watch the Gobbos doing it).

To make chariots even more obviously important, both Orcs and Goblins invariably strap the

biggest banners they can to the sides and rumble around in front of the army at breakneck

speed. The rest of the army either ignores they show-offs or throws things at them like

rocks, insults, or the smaller members of their unit.

Trolls

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/25/

These beasts are large creatures, very strong, but also rather stupid. There are many

different kinds because, like greenskins, Trolls vary a great deal in appearance. However,

it is fair to say that they are universally big, ugly, hungry, and best avoided where

possible.

The most frequently encountered types of Troll are the Stone Trolls and River Trolls, who

inhabit the mountains and rivers, respectively. Stone Trolls are named for their rocky diet

which allows them to inhabit the most inhospitable parts of the Old World's mountains where

there is little else to eat. River Trolls are especially prized by Dwarf Troll Slayers

seeking something exotic to kill.

Goblin Doom Diver

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/26/

The Doom Diver Catapult is a torsion powered device much like a Rock Lobber or Spear Chukka,

but instead of firing rocks or spears it is designed to launch Goblins. These Goblins are

equipped with crude, folding wings which enable them to stay aloft for a short time before

plunging back down to earth. This technique was developed to provide Greenskin tribes with a

form of aerial reconnaissance. Early aeronaunts were given bits of slate and chalkk on which

to sketch enemy troop dispositions. As few Goblns survived the rather sudden landing, this

was felt to be the only way of recovering the information they had gleaned. Unfortunately

the idea wasn't a great success as most slates were found to bear a hastily scrawled message

along the lines of "Yahooooo!" or "wheeeee!"

It was soon realised that Doom Divers were more effective as missiles.

Maybe Giants ;)

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/24/

Giants and greenskins have a long history of association, and it is common to find that a

greenskin horde includes a Giant brought along to add weight (and height) to the army's

combat prowess. It's not altogether clear why greenies and Giants should get on so well, but

it is noticeable that Giants are one of the few races that are considerably bigger and

dimmer than even the biggest, thickest Orc.

To the greenskins, a Giant is a force of nature akin to a manifestation of their god, Gork

(or possibly Mork). Such is the sheer destruction unleashed when a Giant charges that Orcs

and Goblins are driven into a frenzy of gleeful cheering and whooping. To an Orc, there is

no sight in the world so inspiring as a big, angry giant laying waste to their enemies.

Munchkin
08-28-2007, 18:58
Orc Arrer Boyz

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/30/

Same as above but archers

Also I would like to add that Orc's are not very skilled archers at all. They are simply normal Orc Boyz armed with bows.
Amongst Orc players they are also known as "Error Boyz" for they are really not that good at the shooting part.
This is balanced out by the fact that they are as good in hand 2 hand as their bowles counterparts.

In short... Arrer Boyz = Orc Boyz + Bows ... in every way :)

Ciaran
08-28-2007, 19:21
You should perhaps keep in mind that the Total War engine calls for slightly different units than the tabletop. While it´s perfectly possible on the tabletop to equip a unit with spears in the setup to give them anti-cavalry capacity, you can´t do that just as easily within the TW engine. You´ll need to create a seperate "orc spears" unit, probably a step below the regular orcs, but above the goblins, or something like that.

alexader
08-28-2007, 19:46
i have post it before and i will post it again just for case.you can add two diferrent orc basic unit (one with choppas and one with spears)and you can upgrade them later to "Big'Uns"(with better armour,skill,strenght,defence,etc.)(both of them).mind an upgrade(or different unit)for arrer boyz that could be orcs with crossbows(there are mercenery warbands of orcs with crossbows,you can also include them to the army except only as mercenery in the world map,it think that they have a famous boss but i don't remember him,i will look for it soon)also the goblins might have an upgrade.the basic goblin unit can be upgaded to night goblin(and also the archers)with better skill.to finish,a good suggestion is to have goblin leaders that some of the might be night goblin leaders and will have the night fighter trait(and only them).:egypt: i forgot that the goblins(basic and nihgt goblins)also have two weapons,the sword(or stick like similar to billhock)and the spear.:egypt:

Abokasee
08-28-2007, 20:26
Also, if there is no snotling pump wagon I will kill every one of you...

Sorry mate no chariots in MTW2 although Bwian I think has done a improvisation thing

Alletun
08-28-2007, 20:29
i havn't put the snotling pump wagon on the list of units .. but that dosn't mean i dont mean to do it at some point. i've got some pretty good ideas on how to make it work :idea2:

Stratos
08-28-2007, 20:47
Is the list enough Alletun??

Bwian
08-28-2007, 21:52
Soon as KnighErrant sorts out the issue with new skeletons and mounts, where the animation goes screwy, we will have Chariots!

Munchkin
08-29-2007, 10:34
In what way, if at all, do you intend to include Orc's animosity?

In short... Orcs hace a tendency to fight amongst them selves on and off the battle field, sometimes they just decide not to charge at all when they are so ordered.
And so forth...

They are sturdy and strong fighters and really shine in hand to hand (only surpassed in this by Chaos and perhaps the Dwarfs).
This is offset by the fact that they are undiciplined to the extreme extents...
Also the trouble does not arrise while in a hand to hand combat but more before getting there.

Bwian
08-29-2007, 10:55
They wil lget the flags for impetuosity and morale set in the units. Their morale is inherently shaky, but they are most likely to charge in whether ordered to or not! We will set this as far as possible in the units setup, but may not be able to make it as extreme as we want. The game engine will be the ultimate limitation... but we will push it to the limits!

Munchkin
08-29-2007, 11:16
They wil lget the flags for impetuosity and morale set in the units. Their morale is inherently shaky, but they are most likely to charge in whether ordered to or not! We will set this as far as possible in the units setup, but may not be able to make it as extreme as we want. The game engine will be the ultimate limitation... but we will push it to the limits!

The thing is. They are not all that shaky once they make it in to the fight.
They are as likely to break as your average Imperial troops but are stronger physically.

Alletun
08-29-2007, 13:44
Is the list enough Alletun??

yes it will do for now. there are also other factions that need attention.

King of Finland
09-22-2007, 23:44
Also, Spear Chukka and Rock Lobber should be easy to make.

Alletun
10-09-2007, 17:29
Does anybody here have a troll model at home? if YES and you have a digi cam, would you please take some pictures for me? :clown:

i need a picture taken directly from the front and directly from both sides. also need close up photos of the head, belly and legs (also from the front and sides).

This is your chance to help out :beam: !!

(ps: it's important that the pictures are taken directly from the front and the camera is "level" with the figure)

Jubal_Barca
10-10-2007, 18:58
River or Stone Troll?

Silly Knicket
10-10-2007, 21:04
African or European swallow?

(sorry, couldn´t resist it)

Alletun
10-11-2007, 08:49
A Stone Troll.

Phats
10-11-2007, 09:44
You can probably find what you need here...
http://www.coolminiornot.com/browse/page/1/title/stone%20troll

Alletun
10-11-2007, 11:01
cool thanks :2thumbsup: those should work out nicely

Alletun
10-23-2007, 19:41
To celebrate the 2000th post here at WTW i'll show you a few progress screens for the Goblins and Trolls. So far the heads are (nearly) done. Modeled in 3dsmax and Milkshape3D.

Troll head:
https://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7532/showtrollhead2if6.jpg

Goblin Heads:
https://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6896/showheadsgoblin2md7.jpg

Enthes
10-23-2007, 20:02
very nice needs textures though for the first one as its barley recognizable :clown:

alexader
10-24-2007, 17:31
indeed,very nice work,i really lice the work(but i think there are more options for the trolls,there have come out new ones,check it out,but this you have done it's very nice,also for the goblins)just don't touch anymore the goblins,there are perfect,but you can add more different heads option for the trolls(the new trolls heads)here is the link http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060209166&orignav=13

Krazysigmarite
10-24-2007, 18:45
Those look outstanding, Alletun. I love the facial expression of the Stone Troll :2thumbsup:

A Norseman
10-24-2007, 19:37
:yes: :sweatdrop: The expression on the stone troll loks a bit stony..

Enthes
10-24-2007, 23:17
lol its a troll?!?!? i though it was sposed to be a goblin thats why i though it looked a bit odd :oops:

Krazysigmarite
10-25-2007, 15:30
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/orcs/catalog/trolls.htm

Take a look at that page, warhammer Stone Trolls have a VERY distinct look to them, I knew exactly what the model was the moment I saw it, even without a texture. Excellent job, Alletun :D

DrZoidberg
10-25-2007, 16:12
simply gawjus Alletun. I'd love to see the finished unit.

Tsarsies
10-29-2007, 04:55
im curious, have u thought of how many trolls will be in a given unit? will there be 20, or more like 3 or 1, given there strength (and obvious hit point advantage) over other units etc.

Alletun
10-29-2007, 08:56
the minimum number of units in a group has a lower limit. i think it's 12. I will try and find a work around though. i would prefer 4-6 trolls in a group.

Bwian
10-29-2007, 09:36
12 ( plus commander/ general if it's the bodyguard unit ) is the minimum on Huge. You can, on smaller unit sizes, have fewer units. That's how many I had on the Bone Giants, and it looked pretty good. On standard sized units, there are 4 of them in a unit. Ideal for Trolls

Any lower and the game crashes.

messenger
11-04-2007, 11:38
Great job on the Orcs, are you planning on putting Big'Uns in, or is they just going to be veteran Orc Boyz?

Couldn't you make them have invisible riders? That way you can have a small unit as the crew count towards the limit.

Alletun
11-06-2007, 15:35
Send the orcs over to bwain this weekend. They are almost done! only need to fix a few glitches, tighten up the skeleton (there are a few stretches which look bad, especially around the neck), 1 more armour type for the black orcs and some shields.

here are some screenys for you:
https://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3726/26888365vw0.jpg

https://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4825/47294061sr4.jpg

https://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9559/82762384ch7.jpg

https://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3892/66613457du3.jpg

A Norseman
11-06-2007, 17:05
Are those black orcs all of them or are some ordinary warriors? I cant tell :(
Wonderfull anyway.. my favorite unit! :D

messenger
11-06-2007, 18:14
*Awesome pictures*
Those look fantastic!
You definitely pulled off the orcy look, that's for sure!

Enthes
11-06-2007, 19:06
wow i wasn't sure if you would get the feel of the orcs right. but i am speachless and they are perfect :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

alexader
11-06-2007, 19:33
By Da gReen HorDE,you really impressed me.i like to much the teeth,i you can add more,pleaze add.but it really awesome,you are indeed a great modeller.also if you can add more shields variatons or heads,(like the shield of the stantard bearer of the black orcs)should be trully awesome.i'm looing forward to see the goblins.a final question,would you make snotlings?i think with the current work would be easy to make and would be the absoloutely bottom of the horde,like the peasants and the crew for the war machines.now that i said about the war machines,is the doom diver possible?finally Aletun if you want to ask me any question about the orcs,pleazse ask.i am an imperial and an orcish player.nice job,keep it up,We wAN'nA Slay saM stUNTiezzzz aZZ SOun AZzz pOziblEEE,,,FO' dA oRCzz WAAAAGHHhhhh.........

alexader
11-06-2007, 21:34
Alletun,i think that the most impressive addition in the orcs,and the lastly i believe,should be to make the eyes even more red to look even more evil,then you have made i think the most impressive unit in medieval 2 total war. congratulations,i can't get my eyes out of them,they are @@@ing awesome,great job,give us goblins....................:egypt:

DrZoidberg
11-06-2007, 22:18
That was pretty fucking amazing. But then again, you've kept such a high standard through out that I wasn't expecting anything less than outstanding. Just perfect. Thanks for taking your time to make them.

Enthes
11-07-2007, 00:50
orcs are not evil they are just stupid and violent. Infact the only people who are in warhammer that could be classed as evill are the dark elves

the eyes could be a bit bigger thought dont stand out much when i look at it again. :clown:

alexader
11-07-2007, 12:40
"orcs are not evil they are just stupid and violent. Infact the only people who are in warhammer that could be classed as evill are the dark elves"

C'mon i don't think that this is problem,orcs are definetely violent and evil creatures,a bit more red in the eyes would be awesome.

A Norseman
11-07-2007, 15:43
"orcs are not evil they are just stupid and violent. Infact the only people who are in warhammer that could be classed as evill are the dark elves"

C'mon i don't think that this is problem,orcs are definetely violent and evil creatures,a bit more red in the eyes would be awesome.

Hmm.. I think the Tomb kings (exterminate all the living!!) and vampire counts (Enslave the Mortal weakligs) And Chaos (BLOD!! BLOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!) are quite evil as well..

Orcs.. are youst stupid and dumb. Like kindergarden bullies so to speak. They are not evil.

alexader
11-07-2007, 16:32
for the love of god,this is not so important point. evil brings violence,violence brings stupidity,stypidity brings killing as an act.everybody who loves to fight and kill is evil and stupid as an act of violence.orcs hate everybody and love to killilng them,so they are evil creatures(and stupid in progress)...:egypt:

Enthes
11-07-2007, 17:45
Hmm.. I think the Tomb kings (exterminate all the living!!) and vampire counts (Enslave the Mortal weakligs) And Chaos (BLOD!! BLOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!) are quite evil as well..

Orcs.. are youst stupid and dumb. Like kindergarden bullies so to speak. They are not evil.

finally somone who agreese, btw some tomb kings protect the cities of the living. as for chaos i guess yea they are evil.

but they best thing about warhammer is that this is no clear good or evill they is just warhammer :2thumbsup:

Eufarius
11-08-2007, 03:04
Excellent work Alletun.

Alletun
11-08-2007, 21:58
The goblins are almost finished. I am particularly proud of the faces, so here are some close ups.

https://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9956/15426550ob0.jpg

https://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4885/16510465nf1.jpg

https://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3441/89218710sw8.jpg

https://img150.imageshack.us/img150/51/69271385oy4.jpg

https://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7210/90485880hn1.jpg

next up: Trolls :clown:

alexader
11-08-2007, 22:23
this goblins are awesome,i can't even tell you excellent work because this is not enough for such achievement.the only addition that i could told you is maybe (would look brilliant)on that goblin that you have made that is laughing(something like that expression)is to put him teeth (just to two teeth)on each side.would be trully awesome.you are excellent moddeler,for the love of god,how did you manage to make the myscles in the head,the heads are very detailed(only the eye is little difficulte distinctive,but never mind).keep up the good work,now we need DA trolls and DA night goblins.LONG LIVE ALLETUN.........:egypt:

alexader
11-08-2007, 22:29
why don't you add in a couple of heads,a small silver helmets,would be good(a kind of little armour would be good)

Ashdnazg
11-08-2007, 23:28
wow! now they're some pretty dudes!

Silly Knicket
11-09-2007, 00:04
I seem to have a problem with my web browser... those goblins look too good...

A Norseman
11-09-2007, 09:00
Man.. when i first got into this mod, One of the things i was shure of, was that i wuld not play orks.. Now, i dont know.. (!!!)

Those gobelins are crasy. I love them.

Bwian
11-09-2007, 11:13
They are units of the highest quality!

One of the best decisions I made was to say yes to Alletun when he offered to work for the mod. He makes nice models... but where he REALLY shines is in the texturing. I can't get close to that standard when I fire up Photoshop. A good texture really brings the things to life and makes it shine.

This is really a showcase faction

Alletun
11-09-2007, 19:48
aww you make me all warm and fuzzy inside
:beam: :laugh4:

overkill1991
11-09-2007, 19:51
Those Goblins look amazing, definitely a nice unit to play with.

The Orcs look good too but there's one thing that seems a bit strange to me. Their ''nose''(?) seems a bit small and too high on their face.

Am I the only one seeing this, because I was under the impression that their ''nose'' was lower on their face.

alexader
11-09-2007, 21:06
yes i will agree with you,the nose must be a little bigger.keep up the work

Tsarsies
11-09-2007, 23:28
looks AWESOME!!!

what colour blood do they spill, cuase im going to spill alot of it!

Jargon
11-10-2007, 02:49
Fantastic facial textures, I can't believe I actually want to play a goblin army now

DrZoidberg
11-10-2007, 10:45
I'm going to chime in here to. You really caught that, what-can-I-get-away-with-today look. with the Goblins.

A Norseman
11-10-2007, 13:02
I think the units you have made so far are the most impressing out there (maby beacuse of superior screenshots? I think not) If you only added stonetrolls and no more, i still think that they wuld be the visualy most impressing army.

Bwian
11-10-2007, 14:12
So..you wouldn't be wanting any mounted Goblin units then....

alexader
11-10-2007, 14:16
no no,we want mounted goblins and boar boys,and doom diver,and night goblins(is fanatic possible?)and boar or wolf chariot(did i forgot something?)yes almost everything(and savage orcs),o my god i gona get a heart attack with this mod,and i am only 17 years old
WE IS MEAN,WE IS GREEN
WE IS DA THRASHING WAR MACHINE
WE ARE DA ORCS
WAAAGHHHhhhh...........................:egypt:

Ciaran
11-11-2007, 11:06
I'm going to chime in here to. You really caught that, what-can-I-get-away-with-today look. with the Goblins.

Indeed.
I can´t wait till I can stomp them into the ground with imperial knights. After all, doing so with great looking enemies is twice as much fun...

Taranaich
11-11-2007, 16:18
Epic work Alletun! What dimensions are the textures, are they bigger than the normal M2TW textures, or is it just because the heads are bigger and can have more detailed textures anyway?

Alletun
11-12-2007, 19:54
@Taranaich:
the textures have the same dimensions as all other m2tw textures. the head models are bigger so less details will show (think of it as you only have a small amount of butter but a much larger piece of bread to spread it out on ... :clown: ) so to compensate for the bigger model i enlarged the textures for the heads. they now take up 3-4 times as much room on the texture file as an average m2tw head. The orcs head texture take up 1/4 of the entire file (!)

Here's an important question for all of you:
What colors do a stone troll have? im thinking to do it gray-ish, but there are also many pictures with trolls colored blue, green, brown, pink (lol).

Jubal_Barca
11-12-2007, 20:05
Blue is generally the accepted colour.

DaCrAzYmOfO
11-12-2007, 21:38
Hmmm.... I got an idea for fanatics...make them berserk....and have them more spread out along the unit .... Dont know if thats possible tho...

But aint that what fanatics are? Running naked little goblins with massive flails who are drunk and high with mushroom beer?

Sounds like the gaullish uber units from europa barbarorum ;P

Which of course get raped by missiles :P

alexader
11-12-2007, 22:20
i think you have to make three units of trolls,firstly the simple troll(or the new that GW have released)make it dark grey in the back torso and more bright grey on the front torso.secondly hou have to make the stone troll which is what you have shown us in the 3dmax.(i talking about the head).make it dark blue on the barck torso and bright blue on the front torso.and finally the river troll which looks too much like a fish,make it dark green with some kind of little detailed blue on the back torso and very little bright(but very little)green on the front torso.three trolls i think must be listed.you can look again at the pictures of GW for more information,but i think i have helped you.can i ask you something Alletun,is that kind of green colour for the goblins good enough?i don't have a problem with it but why you choose this kind of green?and maybe i think you must add some brighter highlights of green on the orcs(just for the plain orcs,not for the black orks,to look more green).keep it up

A Norseman
11-13-2007, 10:57
Hate to dissagree with you alex, but i love the colour on the gobelins.
With the trolls, go with what makes you most happy. The warhammer game makes you paint your models any way you want. And i supose the same goes for modders and their colour textures.

alexader
11-13-2007, 13:23
yeah me too.i don't have a problem,i just i asked,why he choose this kind of green.i didn't told that i don't like this kind of green,maybe you missunderstood me.also for the trolls would be good to have 3 different kinds of trolls,but if is far too difficult to create 3 kinds of trolls,i will agree,i understand the difficulty....keep up the green tide

Taranaich
11-14-2007, 00:07
@Taranaich:
the textures have the same dimensions as all other m2tw textures. the head models are bigger so less details will show (think of it as you only have a small amount of butter but a much larger piece of bread to spread it out on ... :clown: ) so to compensate for the bigger model i enlarged the textures for the heads. they now take up 3-4 times as much room on the texture file as an average m2tw head. The orcs head texture take up 1/4 of the entire file (!)

Ah, I see. Makes perfect sense too, since other parts of the model don't need quite as high a level of detail.

I'm glad the texture dimensions are the same, I was a bit worried you had done something like doubled the texture size, thus making it difficult for sluggish computers like mine! :sweatdrop:

As for troll colours... Oddly enough, I imagined a sort of slate-blue-grey colour for them, like these chaps:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/orcsandgoblins/miniature-gallery/images/Stone-Trolls_large.gif

Though maybe a bit less saturated.

Krazysigmarite
11-14-2007, 02:34
Those goblins are excellent, Alletun. It's an honour working with somebody of your artistic talent.

messenger
11-14-2007, 13:18
Those are cool looking gobbo's, I especially like the one that seems to have a David Crockett hat with a red plume.
Thats a good green for goblins what with the tone of skin being a general pointer to a greenskin's strength or whatever.

Alletun
11-14-2007, 21:43
Preview of the troll head!
(screeny taken in milkshape, it looks better in-game :2thumbsup: )

https://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6395/previewheadom2.jpg

alexader
11-14-2007, 22:01
nice heads,i think it's perfect.good work,keep walking:egypt:

Gnashfang
11-14-2007, 23:43
This looks amazing, really excellent work, these fella's look better than the Mark of Chaos ones! Can't wait. Play Orcs on the TT, I'm gonna be an Orc when Warhammer Online comes out, and gonna play my first campaign in this as an Orc, if all the units are this amazing my eyes will love every bit of that campaign! Don't know TONS about Orcs but I'd be happy to help with info and stuff whenever I can :D

Alletun
11-19-2007, 21:10
Trolls ~D

https://img140.imageshack.us/img140/850/troll5od4.jpg

https://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6591/troll4wg0.jpg

https://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9974/troll3zy7.jpg

https://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5695/troll2nr9.jpg

(theres overlay blood textures on the next one, they kinda smudge out the underlaying textures)
https://img108.imageshack.us/img108/4651/troll1li6.jpg

If/when i get the time i'll make some nifty new kill animations for them.

alexader
11-19-2007, 21:18
there are awesome but the legs are too thin.would you mind to bulk them up a bitt,but the are still impressive,nice job,keep it up
just a small suggestion,would be good to include a second weapon,a simple grave stone hammer(from a grave you know),would be nice.it is indeed a impressive work

Jubal_Barca
11-19-2007, 21:40
Good apat from the fact they're standing on twigs not troll legs.

I mean, even a poofy ELF axe could knock those things out! My Runic greataxe needs a CHALLENGE!

Gnashfang
11-19-2007, 22:44
Wow... Those trolls look amazing! Good job! Aside from the legs I see no big problems, and I didn't even notice the legs until it was pointed out *Although that was likely my ignorance... I'm good at being ignorant!*

Enthes
11-19-2007, 23:02
they look ok but need a bit more muscle

Eufarius
11-19-2007, 23:50
I agree^

Silly Knicket
11-20-2007, 01:59
Hmm... I actually like the thin legs... are those twiggy legs that different from the original models?

Myrddraal
11-20-2007, 12:16
I think they're awesome! Great job. Maybe the legs could be a little thicker, but the arms are fine imo.

A Norseman
11-20-2007, 16:28
*dubble*

A Norseman
11-20-2007, 16:30
Trolls ~D

(theres overlay blood textures on the next one, they kinda smudge out the underlaying textures)

Haha.. peasants, why is it the poor who always get into trubble..:P

Sorry, but i had to laugh when i saw the last picture there.. Haha, amazing how grumpy and mean you have managed to make those trolls. >:()

Always thoght stone trolls to be comic creatures, but from the peasants point of view.. no fun in those faces.

Zapp
11-20-2007, 21:42
Trolls ~D

Heeeey, why did you post here, I missed these! :P Looks incredible! Awesome work.

Bwian
11-21-2007, 09:36
I like the thin legs. They make the upper body look bigger, and exaggerate the shape far more than would otherwise be the case. To make everything bigger starts ot cause issues with the animaitons distorting hte mesh ... but this gives just the feel and look of a powerful creature that will happily rip your twiggy legs off and use them for toothpicks.

If you know what I mean!

Alletun
11-21-2007, 15:55
Yap. The proportions are all based directly off of the miniature models

A Norseman
11-21-2007, 19:58
Maby if you made the legs less rugged, they wuld fit more to the rest of the body.

BTW: I absolutly LOVE the faces. My last post were a bit comfusing

DrZoidberg
11-21-2007, 20:55
They're perfect. They aren't LOTR trolls. These are supposed to look like the worst kind of degenerate couch potatoes.They're perfect as is.

thrashing mad
11-23-2007, 12:37
Damn - real Warhammerish trolls alive! Great work.

Faenaris
11-23-2007, 14:15
Hotdamn! Sweet looking trolls there, Aletun.

Bean
11-24-2007, 02:43
These models are simply superb Aletun! I LOVE the texturing! Keep up the good work!

messenger
11-25-2007, 12:16
I love the Trolls, however I think their clubs look abit too advanced, maybe you could make them look even more primitive.
Other than that, I love your Trolls, are you planning to do some River Trolls?

Taranaich
11-25-2007, 17:52
Most impressive! I always thought the trolls looked a tad too comical and cartoonish even in comparison to the orcs and goblins. Somehow, you've managed to make them look pretty damned scary while retaining the quintessential GW Troll look, which is a heck of an accomplishment. Maybe because we're getting a higher level of detail the trolls don't look quite so cartoony! Bravo Alletun.

fatma
01-18-2008, 01:20
this thread seems to have gone quiet so i dont know if its still in use, but i had a thought about how shamans could be implemented.

use a mortar with the shamans as the crew (and their bodyguard?), and then make the mortar itself and the shot invisible leaving just the effect animation. but make it BIG and you have foot of gork.

then give them a special ablity like the chants that the apache medicen men and preists of whatever have and make it increase the moral, movement spead and attack damage if thats possible. and that gives you waaaaagh.

i have no ability with computers or modding so i dont know if any of this is possible.

just my 2 cents

goroul
01-18-2008, 21:03
Problem with making the shamans the crew to an invisible mortar is that if they flee etc. then the invisible mortar is left behind- good luck re-crewing that!

You could instead have them crewing some portable Idol of Mork (a lump of rock shaped like Mork that could be pushed around) but I imagine it would take some work getting both the missiles and animations to look right.

Goroul

Myrddraal
01-18-2008, 21:31
There are other ways you could achieve the desired effect :wink:

I went over them briefly in another thread. Bwain knows them, I guess it'll be a matter of time and priorities as to wether he includes any of that.

WereVrock
01-23-2008, 19:56
They look good but their feet look like flippers and are their faces animate? Faces look the same in pictures. Anyway good work.:2thumbsup:

Silly Knicket
01-23-2008, 22:34
Animated faces? That is not a feature of MTW2 (which this is a mod for)
The feet look like fine river troll feet to me...

Alletun
01-24-2008, 21:16
The Black Orcs are being remade to look more warhammer-ish. So far the base Black Orc is done, still helmets, weapons and shields to go. They haven't been put in the game yet, so here's a 3dsmax render:

https://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3360/preview1uw5.jpg

@WereVrock: No, animated faces are not possible in the m2tw engine (well technically they are, but we want to release the mod on this side of 2011).

Enthes
01-24-2008, 21:44
very nice as usuall :yes:

alexader
01-24-2008, 21:46
Ohhhh Alletun!!!i can't stand anymore your modding work,it's simple beyond the human's limits,it is trully amazing how you mod.everything in the model it's perfect but i want to find something for you to put(cause i am really stuborn)hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.why don't you put a couple of horns in the shoulders packs?i think that would be enough.KEEP ON ROCKING BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ThE eND iS nIGhhHhHH!!!!!!!!!!

Taranaich
01-24-2008, 22:41
Epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic!

Gnashfang
01-24-2008, 23:25
That's amazing. I never would've thought that was possible. Spot on man! Keep up the good work! ;D

Underway
01-25-2008, 02:44
Excellent job man. What a great Black Orc, I also think the troll legs look pretty good, especially considering they match the models perfectly.

Just wanted to drop a line here to ensure that we don't forget about the classic orky siege weapons, the "lobba" or "rock chukka" (aka catapult). It's crewed by gobbos usually as the weedy ones shoot instead of fightin like uz real orkz.

Spear chukka is the same. Along with the doom diver it gives the faction a fully rounded out ability to smash fortifications and troops from a distance.

DrZoidberg
01-25-2008, 17:54
That black orc is as everything you do amazing. A few pointers.

1) Aren't black orcs a lot darker than other orcs?
2) The legs are too thin and boots too small. It doesn't work for me as is.
3) I'd like over-sized gauntlets to fit the shoulder pads.

The torso and head are simply amazing. I couldn't have done it better myself in a million years.

Enthes
01-26-2008, 15:23
That black orc is as everything you do amazing. A few pointers.

1) Aren't black orcs a lot darker than other orcs?
2) The legs are too thin and boots too small. It doesn't work for me as is.
3) I'd like over-sized gauntlets to fit the shoulder pads.

The torso and head are simply amazing. I couldn't have done it better myself in a million years.

hmm looking on it again it might be the shot but are the arms thicker than the legs? :sweatdrop:

Eufarius
01-27-2008, 04:44
I t looks good other than the other complaints they llok good. btw they are going to have helmets?

Enthes
01-28-2008, 03:06
I t looks good other than the other complaints they llok good. btw they are going to have helmets?

with texturing like that they done need helmets :2thumbsup:

Alletun
01-28-2008, 08:51
About the helmets:

, still helmets, weapons and shields to go.

About the proportions:
The model is based off of a warhammer online orthograph, so the proportions stays.

Lordy
01-29-2008, 19:50
Allentun's work is top quality, your a legend mate!

Trolls look perfect, Black Orcs look amazing too.

Maloka
01-30-2008, 06:08
HI, new poster.

Just wanted to congratulate you, thats some awsome work and i have question..

How are you going to implement the Greenskins animosity tests to the game?

Severe
01-30-2008, 08:44
Don't know if it is possible, but if there is some way to give them poor morale, but so that they start 'Fighting to the death' rather than just fleeing, it would be a decent wa of doing it. You don't get cowardly Orcs, but you don't get to control them either. Of course, they're still not fighting each other, but I think this would come close.

Taranaich
01-30-2008, 12:15
There is a "set morale" option in the EDU which might be useful in this regard: I'm not entirely sure of its effects, but I think it means units stay at their "base" morale, and never rout. Maybe that would work?

Severe
01-30-2008, 18:31
Wouldn't that just give the Boyz uber morale? I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of TW, as you can probably tell, but to me that sounds like they will just never break, ie. stay controllable until they're dead. You should lose control of them, meaning that they should break, but they shouldn't run.

Not sure if this is the same as what you said, mechanics-newb here.

Dead Guy
02-01-2008, 10:28
I'm not sure, but soldiers in "fighting to the death" mode seem to be the suckiest sucks that ever sucked. They rarely get any significant number of kills even if you completely surround them and really let them fight to the last man in my experience. It's a good idea you have though, in principle.

Steel*Faith
02-01-2008, 11:16
If animosity is implemented (which would be great), make sure Black Orcs reduce the chance of infighting taking place. If it does happen, Black orcs should have the ability to kill a few greenskins to stop the fighting.

Jonlissla
02-01-2008, 18:47
If animosity is implemented (which would be great), make sure Black Orcs reduce the chance of infighting taking place. If it does happen, Black orcs should have the ability to kill a few greenskins to stop the fighting.

I don't think that's possible, engine-wise.
Besides, Orks loves fighting, but only if they're winning. If they're losing, they will problably run away too, like any sensible creature would (yeah, yeah, I know, Orks aren't excactly sensible :sweatdrop: ).

Raz
02-05-2008, 10:58
Alletun, I thought the black orcs had more armour and less shoulder pads. Especially on the legs. I'd always seen them like more like this (http://ca.games-workshop.com/news/cn/articles/Soc_ca/jason/army/borcs2_b.jpg) (note the one on the right mainly) but of course, if you can't be bothered or you just don't want to, I wouldn't mind seeing them like what you've created. :grin:

fireblade
02-05-2008, 13:08
I don't think that's possible, engine-wise.
Besides, Orks loves fighting, but only if they're winning. If they're losing, they will problably run away too, like any sensible creature would (yeah, yeah, I know, Orks aren't excactly sensible :sweatdrop: ).

According to the sixth edition army book, orcs don't mind dying if they die during a good fight. But what is a good fight? Orks will probably flee if they think they don't stand a chance, and will stay if they will win.

I think the engine isn't capable of implementing animosity. It is a temporary state of running amok, which i believe can't be done.

Fireblade

DrZoidberg
02-05-2008, 18:18
According to the sixth edition army book, orcs don't mind dying if they die during a good fight. But what is a good fight? Orks will probably flee if they think they don't stand a chance, and will stay if they will win.

I think the engine isn't capable of implementing animosity. It is a temporary state of running amok, which i believe can't be done.

Fireblade

I don't think it's that. I think it's more down to enthusiasm about fighting and lack of brains. They don't mind charging outnumbered into intact lines of heavily armed troops, if they're sure they'll win. Which being stupid, is most often what they'll believe. And since it's the stronger guys and not necessarily the smarter guys, who are commanding... it's easy to see how this is a problem.

But if dying is obvious, of course they'll break and run. Goblins will run even when numbers are equal. They're not taking any risks.

It's described pretty poetically in the Orc sourcebook. I can dig up some quotes.

Marcus Agrippa
02-26-2008, 03:08
Funny Idea, how about make them a horde army. They always called it and would be very much they're way. Giants and trolls are captured so could be merc units.
Alternatively make them in to small tribe factions and have crusade/jihad when they are led by warlord or could script a hero with many stacks to turn up?
Thinking something like apache tribes. Trade is unknown to them they pillage to get everything.

Caradrayan
04-11-2008, 18:54
suggestions: others have talked about animosity. The best way I can think to implement this is to just give every greenskin unit except black orcs the "may charge without orders" trait. I suspect anything more complicated might be difficult.

Regarding income, their tech tree should definitely not include markets or anything. They should derive most of their income from looting, with traits and such that enhance that. I would suggest high growth rates, but also high squalor and unrest. I'm not sure if there is any way to affect their squalor and unrest specifically, so that it doesn't affect other races that gain control of greenskin territory, but they should at least have very few buildings and such that counter it. Maybe their happiness should be wrapped up their traits, which would encourage the orc player to garrison their cities with rulers. Instead of management and income, their rulers would have things like "I's da BOSS!" which would add law and happiness. Maybe something like "Get to Work!" which would add farming.

To balance the low income and happiness, they should have the option to WAAAAAGH! which would just be a crusade mechanic. Finally, they should go into horde mode, and they are probably the only faction that should do this, unless you bring in ogre kingdoms.

ratbarf
04-11-2008, 23:22
Well, if orc happiness is based around fighting, wouldn't unrest actually be good for them? That way there is lotsa foighten an lotsa 'eads ta bash!

But for their unrest, the buildings should be like a fighting pit or mud wrestling or somekind of combative deadly sport that would release their homocidal tendancies.

Flying Pig
04-18-2008, 13:10
You could make all of the orc units berserker (if it exists in M2TW) to represent their unwillingness to stop killing stuff and their amazing talent for it - after all they are some of the great conquerers in Warhammer. To compensate they need orcy archers (can't hit a barn from the iside) and almost no armour

Gnashfang
04-19-2008, 00:05
You could make all of the orc units berserker (if it exists in M2TW) to represent their unwillingness to stop killing stuff and their amazing talent for it - after all they are some of the great conquerers in Warhammer. To compensate they need orcy archers (can't hit a barn from the iside) and almost no armour
If that happened, it'd hardly be an RTS for the orcs. It'd end up being a colossal pain and make them unplayable for the most part. Maybe one or two berskerker units, but definitely not all of them.

DaCrAzYmOfO
04-19-2008, 20:32
Make their lower tier units berserk? And then the rest of em give em increasingly higher morale, but still being low.

Idk... just throwing ideas out there >.>

Gnashfang
04-19-2008, 20:34
Perhaps, but I feel that'd still be pushing it. Maybe have one berserker unit, then other Orcs perhaps, if at all possible, with a sloppy response. So that they won't really pull out of combat very fast when ordered? (I'm not sure and somewhat doubt this is possible, but maybe?)

Caradrayan
04-22-2008, 00:15
I think the "may charge without orders" trait will do that. In Vanilla, troops with that trait seem less likely to obey an order to leave a combat.

Gnashfang
04-22-2008, 00:39
Then that'd work quite well!

Slanted
04-26-2008, 17:32
Hi new to the boards and have looked through most of the screenies and faction threads and i must say this is one of the best mods I have ever seen (espescially since its warhammer :2thumbsup: ). Anyways, i was just wonderin if night goblins were gonna be in it. No real difference except for lower morale and more of them. Doesnt have to be but i like them because of the cloaks and Skarsnik, the most badass goblin eva.

Alletun
04-26-2008, 19:44
welcome to the boards!

yes there will be night goblin archers and spearmen

Raz
05-01-2008, 14:57
That's good to know. Night gobs were one of the first units I painted... and welcome to the .org Slanted. :wink2:

Slanted
05-01-2008, 21:35
Awesome, entire armies of gobos here I come. Thanks for the welcome too.

Goncalou
05-02-2008, 00:34
orcs are not evil they are just stupid and violent. Infact the only people who are in warhammer that could be classed as evill are the dark elves

the eyes could be a bit bigger thought dont stand out much when i look at it again. :clown:
ey dont dis the DE they're awesome, and yeah i know youre not dissing them but when you think evil in warhammer you think CHAOS!!!! so dont say thoise mad sadistic Dark Elves are evil unless you also include those chaos worshipping mutated Hordes and Beasts of Chaos. :sagittarius: :smg: :hmg: :rifle:

Kuningaz
05-03-2008, 21:01
Yeah actually there's plenty of really evil factions except for DE: Chaos, Hordes of Chaos, Skaven, Vampires,...

Panda
05-24-2008, 11:08
was just wondering if i could possibly have some screenies of the orcs posted here if there are any?

i don't fancy sifting through 150 odd posts looking for them :book:

but don't worry tis fine if no one fancies it

i'm off now anyway for today goodbye :beam:

Eufarius
05-24-2008, 23:39
Theres a video of the screenshots in Youtube.

Slanted
05-26-2008, 16:09
I have a few ideas. Since the orcs and gobos rarely stay in one place or build cities on the places they do stay at for a while maybe you could add the apachean tribes only village places but make their population really large. And when they start off all unupgraded and what not there will be alot of unrest but as you build stuff (such as fightin pit, where da boyz can fight wifout bein in da streets) the unrest decreases. And with the orcs constant fighting unless there is a boss nearby the generals could give large bonuses to law. And maybe give the orc generals a great loot bonus as there isnt much in the way of income for the orcs, and their ability to steal everything that isnt nailed down. Just a few ideas i was thinkin about. And just a quick question will their be gobbo genreals sorry with all of the questions. Ignorance is not bliss.

Ticu
06-02-2008, 22:19
I'm not sure if this would help, but perhaps attaching the lower jaw to the torso bone would help make the models appear more lively when animated. This was done for a few of the larger fantasy units in Blue Lotus. It makes the units sort of move their mouths slighly when walking or or attacking.

While it looks great in BL, I'm not sure how it would work out with the medieval 2 Total War skeleton. It might be worth a try though.

DaCrAzYmOfO
06-11-2008, 07:05
Just wondering about the units on the whole, will the player be allowed to choose between making an entire horde of goblins with different units, such as spearmen, archers, and fanatics, wolf riders etc., along with the night/normal goblin types?

Or will it just be a few units of goblins to compliment the usual orcs?

Tex3393
08-26-2008, 17:07
Orc and Goblin unit list
Basicly,i looked at the OG Miniatures page and said"Lets see how these could be implemented in-mod"

1.Orc Boyz-Maybe you could devide the the basic orc boyz into diffent unit types like you did with the Men-at-arms.Or stick with a one unit who has choppas only and are heavy infantry high attack values but low defense.

2.Orc Arrer Boyz-Should be made into a Hybrid unit.It can shoot missiles,but shold be able to hold its own in melee.(It is after all an orc.)There Bows shouldn't be Long range or armor-piercing.

3.Goblin spearboyz-The basic goblin unit.Equiped with a spear and with poor moral.best used in support roles.

4.Night goblins-The basic Night goblin.Should be equiped with recurve bow and a secondary short spear.Should get bonus when fighting at night.(Duh!)Special abillity could be:Powa of da shrooms!causes the night goblin unit to go beserk and immune to moral! Can only be stopped once the last Night goblin is dead.

5.Goblin wolf riders-A light calvary unit that should have good stamina and should be fast moving.Useful for chasing down fleeing foes and missile troops.It would be a mistake to send these guys into prolonged combat.They WILL run from anything stronger then they are.

6.Savege Orc Boyz-Should wield clubs and parts of bone that look like swords.(like the jaw of some beast.)Should have high moral because ther too stupid to know if there losing.:laugh4:could also use javlins.

7.Orc Boar Boyz-The Orc heavy calvary.Equiped with long spears for charging and choppas for close combat.These guys should be no match for brettonian Knights.Orcs and Goblins aren't known for their calvary skilz.but thse guys are still decent heavy calvary and should be abel to get the job done.

8.Black orcs-One of the best infanty units in the mod.Have high defense values as well as attack.These guys make excellent shocktroops and can stay in a fight and win it.

9.Orc and goblin artillery.The Rock lobber and spear chukka.(The Trebuchet and ballista.)

10.Orc and goblin chariots.The Orc Chariot should be good at killing infantry up close and the goblin one from afar.(Goblin with a bow in the chariot.)

Thats about it lol.Hope I gave you guys some ideas!

Slanted
08-27-2008, 13:57
How could you forget the trolls :furious3: And there should be a difference between night goblin spearmen and night goblin bowmen. And its fairly simple for the orc roster.

Orc boyz- 3 variants one with sheilds one with spears and sheilds and one with choppas

Night goblins- 2 variants with bows and spears

Normal gobos- just with spears

Arrer Boyz- What Tex said. Somehwat powerful archers with good close combat abilities

Goblin wolf riders- A fast unit of cavalry with and decent attack but horrible defense and semi good morale.

Savage orcs- A unit of shock infantry with a very high attack but low defense.

Orc Boar boyz- A above average unit heavy cavalry. Just under the power of empire knights.

Black orcs- Not one of the best units in the mod but a very powerful unit with good attack, defense, and morale.

Boar chariot- A very tough chariot

Wolf chariot- A not so tough chariot

Goblin squig riders- Like the savage orcs on squigs. Very high attack but get cut up pretty qquick.

Spear chukka and rock lobba- Balista and trebuchet.

Trolls trolls trolls- Like elephants on two feet with clubs

Goblin doom divers- A balista that shoots goblins with gliders :2thumbsup:

Pumpavius
08-28-2008, 01:31
Orc boar boyz should be in fact a really powerful cavalry cause, in the tabletop game, the boar hits just as hard as a bretonnian knight! And that's just the boar! But they should have low armor (to be a cavalry).

I agree with what have been already said, just wanna add:

What about squig herders? they could be almost like wardogs in Rome: Total war! High atack, low defense.

And squig hoppers remind me the gladiators in RTW, skirmish, fast (almost cavalry fast), high attack value!

Black orcs ARE one of the best hand to hand units in the old world, high defense, high atack, good morale, disciplined, etc.

Savage orc boyz must charge without orders (in the tabletop game they have frenzy!), very high defense, low armor.

Is it possible to put savage orc boar boyz?

And what about little snotlings? they could be like peasents!

And a giant is a MUST!!!!

Orcs and goblins have a huge variety of troops to chose from!!!

I have two doubts with the O&G army:

1.- The whole army will have the trait "can charge without orders"? to represent the animosity and waaagh!? And if not...

2.- Is there going to be something to represent the orc animosity and the waaagh! rule?

Tex3393
08-29-2008, 00:18
How could you forget the trolls :furious3: And there should be a difference between night goblin spearmen and night goblin bowmen. And its fairly simple for the orc roster.

Orc boyz- 3 variants one with sheilds one with spears and sheilds and one with choppas

Night goblins- 2 variants with bows and spears

Normal gobos- just with spears

Arrer Boyz- What Tex said. Somehwat powerful archers with good close combat abilities

Goblin wolf riders- A fast unit of cavalry with and decent attack but horrible defense and semi good morale.

Savage orcs- A unit of shock infantry with a very high attack but low defense.

Orc Boar boyz- A above average unit heavy cavalry. Just under the power of empire knights.

Black orcs- Not one of the best units in the mod but a very powerful unit with good attack, defense, and morale.

Boar chariot- A very tough chariot

Wolf chariot- A not so tough chariot

Goblin squig riders- Like the savage orcs on squigs. Very high attack but get cut up pretty qquick.

Spear chukka and rock lobba- Balista and trebuchet.

Trolls trolls trolls- Like elephants on two feet with clubs

Goblin doom divers- A balista that shoots goblins with gliders :2thumbsup:Forgive my noobish-ness for forgetting to add trolls.:embarassed::wall::oops:

Caradrayan
10-21-2008, 17:21
I don't want to rain on the parade of O&G fans, but I want to provide perspective on the whole "black orcs should be among the hardest infantry in the world!"

They are not.

They are elite, solidly above average, but nowhere near the top of the totem pole. On the table top they are not quite as good as regular chaos warriors, nowhere near chosen, let alone khorne marked chosen chaos warriors. They also fall short of swordmasters, blackguard, ironbreakers, and other elite elven and dwarven infantry. They slightly edge out grave guard and tomb guard in combat ability, but lack the unbreakable cause fear advantages of those units.

Now, for mod balance, you might want to make them among the hardest infantry in the world, I don't know, but their TT stats are as above. They are also valuable for their "quell animosity" effect, which I would represent with a simple moral boost to nearby troops.

Marcus Agrippa
10-30-2008, 13:27
It makes sence they are big and battle hardened but still to unbalenced as warriors becuase they can't control their rage. Also orcs only training is from fighting they don't learn like the other races before they fight.

Maloka
12-05-2008, 02:51
How are the O&G doing? Last time i was on these forums (and that was a LONG time ago) the devs were having problems implementing the fanatic night goblin... Hope you guys managed this problem, cuz a fanatic would be oh, so awesome.

I mean, how else will a Boyz regiment stomp some Ironbreakers without a spinning metal ball up front causing some mayhem and formation breaking?

Goncalou
03-10-2009, 23:29
Maybe the Orc Boyz would kill all the dwarves with their breath and other awful smells. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa!