PDA

View Full Version : Spoils of Victory - a micromod

V.T. Marvin
08-28-2007, 09:41
Hallo everyone,
during a debate here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=90447 I was inspired to try to develop a micromod - my very first attempt at modding - which will represent the booty gained after a victorious battle from capturing the enemy camp and scavenging the bodies....and VOILA:

Features: After a battle where more than 1000 enemy soldiers took part and more than 30% of them were killed the general of the victorious army will gain trait "Enemy Camp Captured" giving him +1 Influence and +1 Morale for all troops on battlefield. Of course only temporarily, as this trait is canceled at the beginning of the next turn by an anti-trait. The "Enemy Camp Captured" trait serves as a trigger for a script giving 2000 mnai to general´s faction at the end of turn - the booty itself.
So far it works fine, if I start a new campaign (if not, all traits get totally messed up - therefore it is not savegame compatible unfortunately).

However, I am ashamed to admit this, I do not know how to upload my micromod on the Internet and advise on this will be most welcomed. In the meantime I will do more testing and I am ready to send it via e-mail to all interested (just send me a PM).

[I]EDIT:
Thank you for your advise, Bovi - now everyone can download my micromod here: (EDIT: link removed - was not working)

Just unpack the file into your ...\EB\Data directory and confirm overwrite of the four files. DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES FIRST. Many thanks to CA and to the even more creative EB Team.

I would also welcome suggestions on further improvement and balancing, namely how big the reward should be and whether the reward should be different for each faction (some historical evidence on how the booty was divided between the soldiers, their leader and "the state" will be needed) and whether the trait/reward gain should be randomized.

I would be honoured if other people take interest in my micromod.

V.T. Marvin

A philosopher incidentally passing by: "Oh, just another dwarf standing on the shoulders of giants..." :laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

EDIT Augus 31, 2007
- Sorry for previous troubles (not-functional download link, code containing "reinforcements CTD bug").
- I have developed a new release - download here: (link removed - new release see just below)
- Now the code is based on friendly army size and battle odds, thus preventing "reinforcements CTD bug" from occuring.
- Now the "CaptureEnemyCamp" has two levels, defeating large enemy army yields 800 mnai cash, defeating very large army should yield 3000 mnai
- NOTE - the micromod is optimized for HUGE unit setting, if you use any other, it could be impossible to gain the trait and the reward!!!
- NOTE - in case you have a relly BIG army, you could gain the reward even form victories over very small enemy forces
- NOTE - most probably it would work as intended only for the attacker, because if you defeat an enemy army which attacked you and gain the trait, it will be immediately nullified by an anti-trait which is ativated at the "CharacterTurnStart"
- NOTE - the mod is not thoroughly tested yet, because of many "life issues" of mine. I have so far played for about 1 hour, withou any CTD or weird occurences, but unfortunately I have not been able to gain the trait itself :-(((

EDIT September 7, 2007

- I have developed new release - download here: http://uploaded.to/?id=4vdvf2
- It now works both when attacking and defending
- Minor bugs discovered and repaired
- It is well tested and no problems were discovered as yet
- I will probably continue in further developing and tweaking this (not sooner than I finish my current campaign) but the micromod can already be considered as complete.

EDIT November 12, 2007

New version for EB 1.0 released featuring major improvements - it now works for all unit scales and some other tweaks. More info in readme.

Download here: http://uploaded.to/?id=abryx2

or here:http://www.axifile.com?5891863

Installation
1.- backup the following files:
…\EB\Data\export_descr_character_traits.txt
…\EB\Data\export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt
…\EB\Data\text\export_VnVs.txt
…\EB\Data\scripts\show_me\EBBS_SCRIPT.txt

2.- unpack the archive into …\EB\Data directory

3.- overwrite confirmation should appear whether you wish to overwrite abovementioned files – answer “YES”

4.- Start new campaign - It is NOT savegame comatible

bovi
08-28-2007, 10:03
You have two options, given that your change is so minor. The easiest way is to post the snippets of code here and tell people which files they should be added to.

The other way, which is easier for those who want to try out your changes and sort of mandatory if you should expand your mod to affect lots of files later, is to pack the files you've changed into a zip, rar or whatever archive. You can use 7-zip for this, which is free. Then upload this archive at any hosting service, Rapidshare and Axifile are two popular choices. It will give you a link when it's uploaded. Post the link in this thread.

Obviously I haven't tested it, but I must warn you that if you have used the NumEnemiesInBattle variable, your code will crash if the enemy has reinforcements. This was the cause of the infamous reinforcement CTD that held up 0.8 for so long. Use NumFriendsInBattle combined with battle odds instead. I would also suggest expanding to have several levels of the trait, depending on the size of the battle and possibly stacking up the levels as the general fights more than one battle in the turn.

Pius Curus
08-28-2007, 12:56
@Marvin

It is great idea:2thumbsup: Where can I download it to try?

V.T. Marvin
08-28-2007, 15:01
@Marvin

It is great idea:2thumbsup: Where can I download it to try?

Thanks for your interest, it can be download here: http://dl.axifile.com/e277a6b61efdf6...sOfVictory.zip (also see above) - hope it works:inquisitive:

Shigawire
08-28-2007, 17:17
Good initiative mate. :2thumbsup:

Do heed bovi's warnings. You don't want to drag the Reinforcement CTD bug back into our camp again after the long arduous history we have with it. :furious3: :smash:

bovi
08-28-2007, 17:57
Thanks for your interest, it can be download here: http://dl.axifile.com/e277a6b61efdf6...sOfVictory.zip (also see above) - hope it works:inquisitive:

Sorry, that link does not work. When you click it, it asks which file you want to upload. Please try again :2thumbsup:.

Dooz
08-29-2007, 04:49
Wow, this is super awesome Marvin! Maybe the amount gained should be lessened though, 2000 seems a bit much. Maybe 1000? Is there any way to make it even more dynamic? The amount gained dependent on the actual size of the opposing army and so on? Either way though, this is a great idea and it's cool that you actually did it. I assumed it wasn't possible since it hadn't been done yet. :2thumbsup:

Patriote
08-29-2007, 05:30
Give us a new link that works this time or show us the codes you modded in a spiller so that we can see your great job and try working on it :2thumbsup: if you agree of course :yes:

V.T. Marvin
08-29-2007, 09:49
Hi every one,

sorry that the link does not work - apparetly it works for me only because I have uploaded this.
I will gladly share my code with anybody. Actually I have always preferred to enjoy the game rather than to try to "improve it" myself and get it totally messed up.
The code is really very simple:
- at the end of ...\EB\data\export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt file I added following lines:
Enemy_Camp_Captured
Enemy_Camp_Captured_desc
Enemy_Camp_Captured_effects_desc
Enemy_Camp_Captured_gain_desc
Move_On
Move_On_desc
Move_On_effects_desc
Move_On_gain_desc

- at the end of ...\EB\data\text\expor_VnV.txt file I added following lines:
¬--------------------

{Enemy_Camp_Captured} Enemy Camp Captured

{Enemy_Camp_Captured_desc}
The battle is over and your victorious troops have captured the enemy camp harvesting plentiful spoils.

{Enemy_Camp_Captured_effects_desc}
+1 Influence, +1 Morale for all troops on the battlefield.

{Enemy_Camp_Captured_gain_desc}
The battle is over and your victorious troops have captured the enemy camp harvesting plentiful spoils.

¬--------------------

{Move_On} Move On

{Move_On_desc}
This trait will be hidden later on!!!

{Move_On_effects_desc}
Reverses Enemy Camp Captured effects.

{Move_On_gain_desc}
This trait will be hidden later on!!!
- at the begining of ...\EB\data\export_descr_character_traits.txt file I added following lines:
;------------------------------------------
;Trait: EnemyCampCaptured
;Trait representing spoils of victory

Trait EnemyCampCaptured
Characters family
AntiTraits MoveOn

Level Enemy_Camp_Captured
Description Enemy_Camp_Captured_desc
EffectsDescription Enemy_Camp_Captured_effects_desc
GainMessage Enemy_Camp_Captured_gain_desc
Threshold 1

;Trait: MoveOn
;Hidden trait to remove the EnemyCampCaptured trait

Trait MoveOn
Characters family
AntiTraits Enemy_Camp_Captured

Level Move_on
Description Move_on_desc
EffectsDescription Move_on_effects_desc
Threshold 1

- while at the end of that file I added following lines:
;Mod: VAMod01: new triggers for EnemyCampCaptured trait
Trigger VA01a_Standard_Battle_Victory
WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition IsGeneral
and WonBattle
and NumEnemiesInBattle > 1000
and PercentageEnemyKilled > 30

Affects EnemyCampCaptured 1 Chance 100

Trigger VA01b_Turn_Starts
WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition Trait EnemyCampCaptured > 0

Affects MoveOn 1 Chance 100
NOTE that out of my unawareness I have indeed did drag the Reinforcement CTD bug back into our camp again after the long arduous history EB Team had with it. Sorry about that brothers, I will redeem:shame: :sweatdrop:
- and finally at the beginnig of ...\EB\data\scripts\show_me\EBBS_SCRIPT.txt file I added following lines:
;--------------------------------------------------
;Section VA: Enemy Camp Captured
;--------------------------------------------------

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType romans_julii
and Trait EnemyCampCaptured > 0

console_command add_money romans_julii, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType romans_scipii

console_command add_money romans_scipii, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType romans_brutii

console_command add_money romans_brutii, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType egypt
console_command add_money egypt, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType seleucid

console_command add_money seleucid, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType carthage

console_command add_money carthage, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType parthia

console_command add_money parthia, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType gauls

console_command add_money gauls, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType germans

console_command add_money germans, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType britons

console_command add_money britons, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType greek_cities

console_command add_money greek_cities, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType macedon

console_command add_money macedon, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType pontus

console_command add_money pontus, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType armenia

console_command add_money armenia, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType dacia

console_command add_money dacia, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType scythia

console_command add_money scythia, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType spain

console_command add_money spain, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType thrace

console_command add_money thrace, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType numidia

console_command add_money numidia, 1000

end_monitor

monitor_event CharacterTurnEnd FactionType saba

console_command add_money saba, 1000

end_monitor
Actually it is very simple but it is extremely hard for me to have it done properly. Therefore I encourage everyone to build further upon it as he/she pleases. I will be honoured if this idea would be brought to life eventually and that I have contributed a little bit to it.
So far my very first attempt in modding was not very successfull (that bloody Reinforcements CTD bug! :hmg:) and I am even unable to upload it on the Internet properly!!! :wall: So I certainly will not mind if somebody else will finish the job.
Nonetheless I have really enjoyed the time I have spent with my micromod and I will try to finish it too, but it will take some time as it is so much to learn.
I will definitively like to have it dynamic, so that the reward will be commeasurate to the size of the vanquished army, but now I wonder how to do that when the "NumEnemiesInBattle" variable is out of question. Simply putting "NumFriendsInBattle" combined with "battle odds" will not be very good because than the result will depend on how easy or hard the battle was but in history you certainly could have an easy victory AND abudant spoils. I wonder...:inquisitive:

Best regards,
LONG LIVE EUROPA BARBARORUM!

bovi
08-29-2007, 10:35
You could use the same technique as for BattlePoints. Having a huge force of poor units or a smaller one of elite units against you would yield similar spoils, I think, so the combination of number of friends and odds isn't all that bad.

Pius Curus
08-30-2007, 09:28
Impossible to download it:(

Gugus
08-30-2007, 10:56
Hi
I think this micromode is a good idea. I'm willing to try it as soon as you remove the reinforcement CTD threat. I also have a suggestion, that, if it is possible, you could connect the trait or amount of spoils with a presence of an enemy general. If the enemy army is lead by a family member then probably he is some sort of a noble person and is much richer then the rest of the soldiers, so the spoils usually should be bigger. Also maybe you can connect it with killing this enemy general. It is just a suggestion and because I'm not a moder i have no idea if it's possible at all.
Regards
G

bovi
08-30-2007, 17:53
I've applied the changes and uploaded it (but not tested it), you can get it here (http://rapidshare.com/files/52283309/SpoilsOfVictory.rar.html). Unpack to <RTW>/EB/data.

Marvin, perhaps you should try Rapidshare the next time you try to post a file, it may be easier to get the correct link :thumbsup:

V.T. Marvin
08-31-2007, 07:51
Spoils of Victory - new release!

Hi, everyone!

I have completed a new release - see edit in the first post, download here: http://uploaded.to/?id=k98o7l (hope it works now)
Features:
- it is based on the size of FRIENDLY army and battle odds, rather than on solely on the number of enemy troops in order to avoid the "reinforcements CTS bug"
- it has two levels, basically rewarding victory over large anemy army with 800 mnai and victory over very large enemy army with 3000 mnai
- it would work as intended only for HUGE unit setting, if you use any other you might not be able to get the trait and the reward. To adapt the mod to your needs, you could change the value "NumFriendsInBattle" in the triggers VA01a through VA18b at he end of "export_descr_character_traits.txt" file
- due to extremely limited time I have it is not thoroughly tested yet. I dare to post it only because in the following days or even weeks I will not be able to play the game at all. If you install the micromod, please consider yourself a game-tester and let me know how it works.
- Here is a summary of conditions which should activate the mod:
Friendly army size / Battle odds
250-750 / < 0.3
> 750 / < 0.3
350-1050 / 0.3-0.4
> 1500 / 0.3-0.4
450-1350 / 0.4-0.5
> 1350 / 0.4-0.5
550-1650 / 0.5-0.6
> 1650 / 0.5-0.6
650-1950 / 0.6-0.7
> 1950 / 0.6-0.7
750-2250 / 0.7-0.8
> 2250 / 0.7-0.8
850-2550 / 0.8-0.9
> 2550 / 0.8-0.9
950-2850 / 0.9-1.0
> 2850 / 0.9-1.0
1050-3150 / 1.0-1.1
> 3150 / 1.0-1.1
1350-3450 / 1.1-1.2
> 3450 / 1.1-1.2
1450-3750 / 1.2-1.3
> 3750 / 1.2-1.3
1550-4050 / 1.3-1.4
> 4050 / 1.3-1.4
1650-4350 / 1.4-1.5
> 4350 / 1.4-1.5
1750-4650 / 1.5-1.6
> 4650 / 1.5-1.6
1850-4950 / 1.6-1.7
> 4950 / 1.6-1.7
1950-5250 / 1.7-1.8
> 5250 / 1.7-1.8
2050-5550 / 1.8-1.9
> 5550 / 1.8-1.9
2150-5850 / >= 1.9
> 5850 / >= 1.9

NOTE - If you have and army bigger tan 5850 troops, you should gain the trait and the reward on EVERY victory, no matter how small the defeated enemy army is!!!

Credits: Thanks to Mirmorix for the original idea! I am much grateful to bovi for his advise which make it possible to me to overcome at least a part of my inexperience.
:bow:

P.S. to bovi - Thank you for you enduring interest in this micromod and that you have done it yourself. I am looking forward to play your version of it.:2thumbsup:

bovi
08-31-2007, 16:30
P.S. to bovi - Thank you for you enduring interest in this micromod and that you have done it yourself. I am looking forward to play your version of it.:2thumbsup:
Actually I have an ulterior motive. Since I was thinking about the feature myself earlier, I was thinking to snatch this up when it was good and ripe to use in EB, probably with some tweak or other. It's not quite there yet though, but please continue the work on it :2thumbsup:. I'll help when I'm able, but probably won't be doing the work myself. Consider yourself cheap, underpaid child labor :clown:. Of course, if you do not want us to use your work we won't.

glouch
08-31-2007, 17:30
is it savegame compatible now that it's edited and everything? :)

V.T. Marvin
09-03-2007, 08:31
QUOTE - Originally posted by bovi:
"Actually I have an ulterior motive. Since I was thinking about the feature myself earlier, I was thinking to snatch this up when it was good and ripe to use in EB, probably with some tweak or other. It's not quite there yet though, but please continue the work on it . I'll help when I'm able, but probably won't be doing the work myself. Consider yourself cheap, underpaid child labor . Of course, if you do not want us to use your work we won't."

REPLY - If my micromod be included into official EB I will be greatly honoured. I will work on that further so please follow-up my work and take it whenever you decided that it is good enough. :yes:

-------------------------------------
QUOTE - Originally posted by glouch
"Is it savegame compatible now that it's edited and everything? :)"

REPLY - Unfortunately not. You have to start a new campaign, otherwise the trait system get totally messed up. (Example - One of my generals, very lively in fact, got a trait "Slain by Sabaeans - He is dead" when I continued my older campaign. BTW, he handled his "death" with dignity and despite being "zombie" he continued to win battles - probably his scary appearance added to the fear he spread among the enemies :clown: )

-----------------------------------
QUOTE - Originally posted by Gugus
"I also have a suggestion, that, if it is possible, you could connect the trait or amount of spoils with a presence of an enemy general. If the enemy army is lead by a family member then probably he is some sort of a noble person and is much richer then the rest of the soldiers, so the spoils usually should be bigger. Also maybe you can connect it with killing this enemy general. It is just a suggestion and because I'm not a moder i have no idea if it's possible at all."

REPLY - Good idea! I think that there is an event called "EnemyGeneralFallen" or so, which might serve as a trigger. I will look into that an try to incorporate this.

---------------------------------------
TO ALL WHO HAS DARED TO TRY MY MICROMOD
How is it working? Is download O.K.? Any problems with installation? Any strange occurences during gameplay, like CTDs, trait "Enemy Camp Captured" never appearing or never disappearing? Any suggestions on how big the reward should be?
:feedback: :feedback: :feedback:

Gaias
09-05-2007, 05:37
I don't have EB installed on this computer, so I cannot reports any bugs. But I can give you some ideas that I thought up that would pertain to what you are trying to accomplish with this modification mini.

I would require some number crunching, but you could base the rewards on the average upkeep cost of, say 500 soldiers for each faction. That way you could create a three or four tiered level of reward to create a more dynamic system. This could represent the supplies that are acquired from the camp (be it foodstuff, ammo, weapons, etc), compensation of wages for soldiers, and personal wealth gained.

I would suggest to you that to be rid of the influence bonus and add it to the morale bonus instead. See how it is never going to last beyond a turn, it not really going to have any, if at all, affect within the game. Seeing how that monetary wealth would make you more amiable in the eyes of you soldiers, they would be more encouraged to fight bravely no?

Maybe you could add in some traits that would effect on how much more or less 'loot' you gain. Say you outnumber the enemy 3 to 1 and only kill 40 percent of their strength, not alot of bodies to go around for looting. This could earn the general the trait of 'Scavenger', which would give a minus to morale, due to the lack of loot. If the opposite were true, you would gain the the trait 'Benefactor'. Which gives a positive to morale, due to the abundance of loot.

You could have more permanent traits like 'Open Handed', that had the effect netted you less money per camp but a higher morale bonus. Or 'Miser' that would have the opposite affect as previously mentioned.

madmatg
09-07-2007, 09:05
VT i will be trying your mod out as soon as i die in my current KH campaign(shouldnt be long as the computer decided everyone should betray their alliances with me and now the entire civilized world is coming at a Hellas that is ill-prepared for them)

V.T. Marvin
09-07-2007, 12:19
Spoils of Victory - new release!

Hi, everyone!

I have completed a new release - see edit in the first post, download here: http://uploaded.to/?id=4vdvf2

Features:
- it now works both when attacking and defending
- minor bugs discovered and repaired
- it is well tested and no problems were discovered as yet

NOTE:
- it would work as intended only for HUGE unit setting, if you use any other setting, you could change the value "NumFriendsInBattle" in the triggers at the end of "export_descr_character_traits.txt" file
- it is not savegame compatible and you should start a new campaign therefore ( BTW - it is precisely the very reason, why I will not be developing further improvements to this for some time now, because I have a fine campaign underway and want to finish it first :laugh4: :embarassed: )

HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY IT - give me feedback anyway:feedback:
--------------------------------
P.S. to Gaias - Thanks for your suggestions - I like them a lot, especially the idea of 'Open Handed' or 'Miser' generals. After I finish my current campaign I will develop a new version of the micromod which will, besides other things, certainly incorporate this concept.
I will only stick with the temporary Influence bonus - I know it is useless but I like it for role-playing and also because I love those cute little the laurel wreaths :clown:

bovi
09-07-2007, 12:26
You should use the UnitSize traits to make sets of triggers for each size setting.

madmatg
09-07-2007, 21:33
ok its up and running i will be trying it out tonight or tomorrow, cant wait!

MerlinusCDXX
09-10-2007, 01:15
this sounds awesome :idea2: please let me know when it's compatible with unit sizes besides huge (my comp can't handle any bigger than large :embarassed: )

bovi
09-10-2007, 06:24
If you want to run with large, simply halve all the requirements for men numbers in the triggers he's made.

madmatg
09-21-2007, 04:51
will this mod be included in the next build of the game? i really enjoy it as it adds a little satisfaction to those slaughters that do happen :)

bovi
09-21-2007, 09:19
No, not unless it is worked further. I'm waiting for the right moment to snatch it up :beam:. Also, there would have to be a discussion inside the team of the balancing of it, once we deem the framework to be sufficient. I'm going to help with getting it there though :2thumbsup:.

Another suggestion is to affect the logistics traits such that a starving army would become only rationing when they capture the enemy camp of a decently-sized enemy army.

madmatg
09-21-2007, 10:20
isnt there some way to make the amount of money based on the size of the army, like they do for cities, where the amount of money you take everytime is different from city to city, would that be possible as an equation for each army?

V.T. Marvin
09-21-2007, 15:02
No, not unless it is worked further. I'm waiting for the right moment to snatch it up :beam:. Also, there would have to be a discussion inside the team of the balancing of it, once we deem the framework to be sufficient. I'm going to help with getting it there though :2thumbsup:.

Hallo friends!

Thanks for being so interested in my mod. As I have said earlier, I am going to improve it further but I have extremely few time for EB these days - too much work. You know, most bureaucracies are like :Zzzz: during summertime and like :tredmil: after the holiday period.

So I have a crucial quetion now. How much time I have left? :hourglass: Bovi, could you please indicate a timeframe in which I should submit a more elaborate version of this micromod in order to allow you to snatch it and tweak it and possibly even incorporate into next official release?
And when aproximately is the new release to be expected?

bovi
09-21-2007, 19:34
So I have a crucial quetion now. How much time I have left? :hourglass: Bovi, could you please indicate a timeframe in which I should submit a more elaborate version of this micromod in order to allow you to snatch it and tweak it and possibly even incorporate into next official release?
And when aproximately is the new release to be expected?
Sneaky, sneaky :wink:... Let's just say it's no rush; whenever you get it done will be sufficient. It will then go into the next public build unless it's too close to the submission deadline, whether that is the one coming up now, the next one or the one after that.

bovi
10-28-2007, 14:19
Hi, sorry for prodding http://forum.europabarbarorum.org/images/smilies/new2/boink.gif... Have you considered picking up the ball again on this?

V.T. Marvin
11-01-2007, 17:10
Hi, thanks for prodding, I really need that :yes:

You know, I am too amazed with EB 1.0 to actually do anything else in my free time (unfortunately very rare occasion indeed ~:mecry:) than to play it. I also share the computer with Kari, who was somewhat pissed off as I have spoiled several of her campaigns in EB 0.81 by my inept attempts in modding, so now I really have to think twice before doing something "savegame incompatible" to our current installation.

On the other hand, it is a great encouragement that you still have interest in this idea, so I will stop finding excuses and start working now .:whip:

Well, just one assurance I need - EB 1.0 background script is already big enough and this mod will, if done properly, add several hundreds lines of code on top of that. Do you still think it is worthwhile?

And finally a disclaimer - it will take some time before I present new version, so I ask all supporters, Bovi being the greatest of all, to be patient with me, please.:shame: :turtle:

Admetos
11-01-2007, 21:24
Great to hear you are still working on this V.T. :2thumbsup:

Kepper
11-01-2007, 21:41
Sorry V.T. Marvin but after i have installe your mod i get this mgs any ideia?
(Script Error in eb/data/export_descr_character_traits.tex, at line 175916, column 42.
Building level name hap1 not found as level in building database

I have use you lates version 1.1 it a clean version of EB v1.0 :help:

Admetos
11-01-2007, 21:46
The mod hasn't been updated for 1.0. :2thumbsup:

Kepper
11-01-2007, 22:04
My god i have destrode my version of EB1.0 (stupid men):wall: :skull:
Because by mestake i have erase my bakup version of the original file.
I nedd help came you sende to my the original version of the file change it the mod please. For my to installe EB again will take alest 45 minutes :help:

Admetos
11-01-2007, 22:06
Just extract it from your installer using 7-zip. :2thumbsup:

Kepper
11-01-2007, 22:18
but if make this I will not provoke the installation of the EB for the star in my PC. :sweatdrop:

Admetos
11-01-2007, 22:21
No, if you go into the archive using 7-zip you can choose which files you want to extract.

Kepper
11-01-2007, 22:30
Tanks men, to live is to learn
The god´s of EB will giveo your rewards :belly:

bovi
11-01-2007, 23:41
I also share the computer with Kari, who was somewhat pissed off as I have spoiled several of her campaigns in EB 0.81 by my inept attempts in modding, so now I really have to think twice before doing something "savegame incompatible" to our current installation.
Just a tip: If you make a copy of the entire RTW directory you can mod to your heart's content in that one and let Kari keep playing regular 1.0 campaigns in the original one. The shortcut is relatively easy to copy and modify to point to the new installation; rename the one pointing to the original to "Kari's EB" or something like that so she'll know which to use :2thumbsup:.

V.T. Marvin
11-02-2007, 12:13
To Bovi - thanks for the tip, I will do that ASAP.:idea2:

To Kepper - I am really sorry for the problems it caused to you, it is really for EB 0.81v2 only. But good news is that I will start working on updated version for EB 1.0 soon. Meanwhile I can only offer you a beer as compensation ~:cheers:

To Admetos - Thanks for doing "technical support" for me - much more quckly and competently than I would do it myself

Kepper
11-02-2007, 13:04
Is ok keepe the good work :2thumbsup:

V.T. Marvin
11-12-2007, 16:54
New version for EB 1.0 released.
It now works (or should to) for all unit scales and has some other tweaks. More info in readme.

Download at http://uploaded.to/?id=abryx2

Installation
1.- backup the following files:
…\EB\Data\export_descr_character_traits.txt
…\EB\Data\export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt
…\EB\Data\text\export_VnVs.txt
…\EB\Data\scripts\show_me\EBBS_SCRIPT.txt

2.- unpack the archive into …\EB\Data directory

3.- overwrite confirmation should appear whether you wish to overwrite abovementioned files – answer “YES”

4.- Start new campaign - It is NOT savegame comatible

Admetos
11-12-2007, 18:01
Brilliant V.T. Just in time for my new campaign. Thanks alot. :2thumbsup:

EDIT: Might be a bit of a silly question, but I guess this comes with all the relevant permanent fixes and the client ruler sally fix?

Sarkiss
11-12-2007, 18:24
excellent!
if it works it will be one of the best, most realistic mini-mods out there. much wanted:yes:
can some one, who actually has time to play-test it provide some feedback please.
thanks

Khazar_Dahvos
11-13-2007, 04:18
does this mod work for when you are sieging an enemy city? And does it also work for non family members?:dizzy2:

V.T. Marvin
11-14-2007, 18:01
Might be a bit of a silly question, but I guess this comes with all the relevant permanent fixes and the client ruler sally fix?

:oops: Oh my, it is not a silly question at all, I was unaware that there any of those. :embarassed: I just run the EB 1.0 as I got it on the unforgettable day of October 12.:sweatdrop:

Well, as a interim measure for all those who use any other version of EB than 1.0 (as it first came out) with changes in the files export_descr_character_traits.txt, export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt, export_VnVs.txt and EBBS_SCRIPT.txt and who want to use my micromod, I would suggest to copy and paste my additions to the respective files. In the readme bundled in the mod archive, there is detailed list of where to find my additions (no deletions were done by me in this mod).

Should be pretty easy, less than five minutes even for the "IT challenged." I am sure of it, I am one myself!:laugh4:

As for the other questions:
- it should work for for all generals (like client rulers and such) as well as for family members
- it should work for all battles including the siege ones
- it has been tested by me on huge unit scale only for about 15 hours of continuous gameplay (what a beautiful Saturday it was:beam: ) without any bugs revealed

Thank you all for your support, mates! Beer for everybody~:cheers:

Sarkiss
11-14-2007, 18:40
would be great to see this incorporated in official EB

bovi
11-18-2007, 16:37
I didn't catch that this was updated before now. I'll study it sometime soon, perhaps you'll see this (or a tweaked version) in 1.1 :beam:.

Sarkiss
11-18-2007, 16:44
I didn't catch that this was updated before now. I'll study it sometime soon, perhaps you'll see this (or a tweaked version) in 1.1 :beam:.
great! :charge:

V.T. Marvin
11-20-2007, 07:52

Great! :charge:

Thaks! :cheerleader:

icydawgfish
11-23-2007, 20:17
Hi, I didn't read carefully that it wasn't save game compatable and I am already 100 years into a Baktrian campaign. Can someone upload the backup files? Thanks! By the way, I love your mini mod. It adds a lot to the game and I'll redowload it after I finish my campaign.

Admetos
11-23-2007, 21:47
Just extract them from your installer using 7zip.

Darth Stalin
11-24-2007, 12:31
The only problem I faced was that I seemed to have too big advantage over the enemy to capture the spoils... :(
Though it seemed to me that I SHOULD be able to capture the spoils - according to the Readme, I was attacking besieged Taras with 5:3 ration in my favor and with some 2100+ soldiers, which would also be OK. Yet I didn't get the spoils... what could be wrong?
Anyway, I've almost started the campaign and captured only Rhegion and Taras - now movin' towards Bonnonia and Segesta - let's see, what will happen...

Iskander 3.1
12-11-2007, 07:40
Will there be an update to go along with the recent script fix?

Admetos
12-11-2007, 17:49
Just copy and paste the code for this minimod into the new script. It says where and what's been added in the readme.

delablake
12-12-2007, 18:45
Very cool, Marvin, I will try it in my new campaign, anyway it is a wonderful idea!
This is for you:
:balloon2:

thanks!

Horst Nordfink
12-12-2007, 19:07
Are there any unofficial or official mods or fixes that this is incompatible with?

Admetos
12-12-2007, 19:36
Anything that changes the script or traits, but as I posted above, just copy and paste the code for this minimod into any files you've modified. It says where and what's been added in the readme.

Iskander 3.1
12-12-2007, 23:30
Can't wait to try this out! p.s. nice signature, horst nordfink :2thumbsup:

bovi
12-16-2007, 22:41
I'm so sorry, but I got too busy (and exhausted) with work to get this tweaked for EB. It looks unlikely that I can get it in for the next release. Hope I can get it done in the christmas, but I don't think I'll finish with it then.

Sarkiss
12-19-2007, 18:24
I'm so sorry, but I got too busy (and exhausted) with work to get this tweaked for EB. It looks unlikely that I can get it in for the next release. Hope I can get it done in the christmas, but I don't think I'll finish with it then.
damn, was looking forward to it:embarassed:
hopefully you'll get some time eventually.
thanks for your efforts, bovi.

Uncle Odin
12-30-2007, 10:23
Hi, I´m sorry I tried to download your minimod, but I can´t my browser doesn´t find the mentioned page. Could you please upload it again an rapidshare or the like?:help:

Please I was really waiting for a mod like this and it sounds great.:cheerleader:

Thanks in advance.:bounce: :bounce:

Danzifuge
03-21-2008, 04:56
a rather accurate and more interesting way to develop this mod would be to earn something like half of the upkeep cost of every enemy unit. representative of scavenging the unspent wages.

V.T. Marvin
03-21-2008, 18:50
@ Danzifuge - Thank you very much for your appreciation. Unfortunatelly your proposal is impossible to fulfill due to engine limitations. :wall:

@ Uncle Odin - sorry for being that terribly late, even if it is almost irrelevant as EB 1.1 is comming out soon (at least I wish it will) I have made another download link in case that anyone would like to start a new campaign with it...

http://www.axifile.com?5891863

Danzifuge
03-22-2008, 12:59
@ Danzifuge - Thank you very much for your appreciation. Unfortunatelly your proposal is impossible to fulfill due to engine limitations. :wall:

if your bit of script can count how many men were involved and how many of the enemy died, why can't it count the upkeep cost of the enemy units and divide by half? seems like it all it would need is a command that would refer it to the appropriate data in the export_descr_units.txt file. sounds like all you need to do is find whatever command that units use when determining their stats in battle or perhaps the unit cards (then again, these are probably nothing more than graphic files). i'm probably just a laymen that doesnt understand these things, but i dream i do.

Seden
03-22-2008, 14:55
Hm, should you upload that file at filefront/megaupload or rapidshare ?

Seems the host you used arent working for me.

V.T. Marvin
03-24-2008, 17:15
@ Seden - I for my part have some issues with rapidshare and filefront :no: Axifile should be fine, you just have to wait (about 1 minute) until the download-link generates itself... Hope that will help.:stupido2:

eliad91
03-31-2008, 12:50
Hmm,Its just doesnt work for me :no:
I've put everything in place but I feel no difference...

bovi
04-01-2008, 15:52
if your bit of script can count how many men were involved and how many of the enemy died, why can't it count the upkeep cost of the enemy units and divide by half? seems like it all it would need is a command that would refer it to the appropriate data in the export_descr_units.txt file. sounds like all you need to do is find whatever command that units use when determining their stats in battle or perhaps the unit cards (then again, these are probably nothing more than graphic files). i'm probably just a laymen that doesnt understand these things, but i dream i do.
There are severe limitations. You cannot detect the number of men involved. You can only approximate it using the number of men you control and the battle odds, which means it could be lots of crap troops or a small contingent of crack troops. There actually is a function for getting the amount of enemies. But that crashes the game when used (the infamous reinforcement CTD).

There is no function that gives you the upkeep of the units involved. The game can't even tell you which units were involved (which makes the Seleukid cataphract reform problematic, as we'd like to have it dependant on the enemy having them), much less any data on them.

I believe you are operating under the misconception that we are creating a game, and it's an easy one to arrive at because of the pretty big changes compared to vanilla. However, we are making a mod. That means we can only use the engine that we are given, we can't modify it.

Sarkiss
04-08-2008, 18:42
an update to 1.1 planned at all?

Darth Stalin
04-08-2008, 18:52
Well, I suppose that copying appropriate parts of code from Spoils mod into EB EBBS script and traits file will be enough to have it worked correctly.

V.T. Marvin
04-09-2008, 08:14
I suppose so as well!

But Spoils of Victory will certainly be updated for EB 1.1, possibly even with some more new tweaks - I and Bovi are now exchanging some thoughts on it...:yes:

I hope I will manage to make it before or during the weekend at the latest. Be sure to check this subforum from time to time...

Thank you for your continuing support! :cheers:

Darth Stalin
04-09-2008, 19:44
Yeah, I'm not gonna play EB 1.1 until the latest versions of mni-mods become available... and FD is definitely one of such mini-mods...

belliger
04-16-2008, 00:34
hi darth, belliger here.
what is FD mod, that you mentioned on your last post? is the same as 'spoils of victory'?
to all
is S.o.V. compatible with EB 1.1. version? or some parts of it, just?

Khazar_Dahvos
04-16-2008, 01:01
FD=forced diplomacy mod:2thumbsup:

belliger
04-16-2008, 01:58
thank you

Khazar_Dahvos
04-16-2008, 05:24
anytime :beam:

V.T. Marvin
04-16-2008, 10:18
is S.o.V. compatible with EB 1.1. version? or some parts of it, just?

NO IT IS NOT!!! I am now working on a new version for EB 1.1 with some more tweaks, but is delayed, because a minor problem in "clean" version of EB 1.1 was discovered that makes my mod unfunctional. Please be patient, it will be remedied and SoV released soon. :yes:

Spoils of Victory for EB 1.1 were just released SoV for EB 1.1 were just released here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1893515#post1893515)!!!