PDA

View Full Version : EDU for EB with BI's exe

Sarkiss
08-29-2007, 02:03
hi all.
after playing for many month with 1.5 and being grown tired of super retarded AI and in search for a more reasonable AI's behavior, i finally decided to give BI's exe a go. i guess it wont make such a noticeable change, but even a slightest improvement is better than none at all.
so my question is whether i could find an EDU file that have all new BI's goodies (new formations, swimming ability...) enabled somewhere in here.
i am sorry but from the first glance i could not find a right tread.
thanks

bovi
08-29-2007, 06:59
I think Watchman made one.

Sarkiss
08-29-2007, 11:58
I think Watchman made one.
thanks i found it, but it looks like its for cunctator's First Cohorts mod. will it work over vanilla EB without messing things up?

mcantu
08-29-2007, 12:03
PM me your email and I'll send you mine. It also includes the skirmisher/missile tag fix

mcantu
08-29-2007, 15:24
Sarkiss--

Is it working ok?

Sarkiss
08-29-2007, 17:54
Sarkiss--

Is it working ok?
yeah, thanks a lot:beam:
just bumped into this thread - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=88717
looks very easy, and just a perfect solution for my case.
have you tried it?

mcantu
08-29-2007, 18:00
My EDU is based on Ferromancer's. Run his installer then substitute the EDU I sent you. There are many improvements in it. The most noticable being that the AI will not spam skirmishers...

Sarkiss
08-29-2007, 18:41
My EDU is based on Ferromancer's. Run his installer then substitute the EDU I sent you. There are many improvements in it. The most noticable being that the AI will not spam skirmishers...
thanks a lot for an elaboration. i'll give it a try

Ice
08-30-2007, 23:26
I have a question. I installed RTW and patched it to 1.5

I then installed barbarian invasion. What do I next to play EB with Barbarian invasion? Can I install EB or do I need any patches for BI?

Sarkiss
08-31-2007, 08:48
I have a question. I installed RTW and patched it to 1.5

I then installed barbarian invasion. What do I next to play EB with Barbarian invasion? Can I install EB or do I need any patches for BI?
yes, you need 1.6 patch for BI.
once you done that just go here - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=88717 and get this installer. it is awesome, it'll do everything for you including adding BI's formations. im currently playing as Carthage with it and Romans just took Korsica (naval attack) so Punic war begun!:beam: it'd never happen with 1.5.

EDIT: after you patched BI to 1.6, you obviously need to install latest EB first and then the installer that i linked.
good luck