PDA

View Full Version : Trading Companies

Marshal Murat
09-02-2007, 16:23
In M2TW, there were guilds (Assassin, Explorer, Banker) which sometimes granted special units to the builder.

In the 1700s, the India Trading Companies (Dutch, UK) did wield significant power, especially hiring soldiers to enforce their decrees, warships to protect the trading ships, colonies to provide wealth. Then there was also the prospect of royal charters to companies (Virginia Company) to establish colonies.

So, the meat of the question would be...
Will the Trading Companies play any significant role in this game?

Rhyfelwyr
09-02-2007, 16:54
I look forward to fighting Captain Jack Sparrow as the East India Trading Company...

IrishArmenian
09-03-2007, 05:09
Great idea, Marshal! I like the prospect of having compaines instead of guilds.

fenir
09-03-2007, 05:32
Excellent idea, I hadn't thought about that.

TRading companies et cetera.... After all the Honourable East India Company was the biggest company in the world until the 20th Century.
At one time provided almost 35% of all revenue to the British exchequer.

Being able to grant Royal Charters, and form companies to exploit resources is really a fantastic idea.

fenir

Warluster
09-03-2007, 07:57
Actually, for some time, I remeber reading that the East India Trading Company gained so much power, the Royal Crown of Britain had to take away money and power (You know, the Company was actually starting wars, etc)

For that reason, it shall be in I'd say to have this climate of who is in control.

nameless
09-04-2007, 01:00
It might end up being 'special' guilds and headquarters like the Hanseactic League in the Teutonic campaign.

And in this case would provide special missions such as garrison, invading, attacking, etc.