PDA

View Full Version : Americas Campaign: Tlaxcalans

frogbeastegg
09-03-2007, 15:03
This topic is for the Tlaxcalan faction in Kingdoms expansion's Americas campaign. This faction needs to be unlocked before you can play it.

Gaius Terentius Varro
09-11-2007, 21:11
Talk about a tough start. Your generals/faction heir except for faction leader have between them total of 0 loyalty, which means one usually rebells when you press end turn for first time. As you press that button your neighbours (aztecs/spain) get 2 free stacks of crack troops each out of thin air. Poof! Scripted I guess. The big town west to yours with Aztec leader is a nightmare to take: he has every defensive/morale trait under the sun all his troops fought to death while mine ran like old women. I love it
This is my opening turn. I got lucky and the spy opened the gates in the city to the west Tenochitlan which fell to my troops.

http://ww2.beffo.se/upload/pic~/3fuw52smplr7.JPG

I usually don't open so violently but I am at war with the Aztecs already and need cash fast. I will however accept peace as soon as they offer it.

Enron
09-03-2008, 16:46
Ally with everyone except the Aztecs. Spain can cause some problems after turn 20 or so when they get greedy and want your cities. When Spain starts their attack concentrate all you efforts into destroying them and their cities. Your most important ally will be the Tarascans, they will keep your north border safe and fight the Chichimec tribe in their effort to increase their empire to the north. Do not fear allowing the Tarascans free access onto your lands.

After the Aztec empire is crushed move to the south engaging the Mayans. Their northernmost cities on the are close enough together you can capture them 2 at a time.

The Jaguar Warriors are the backbone of the faction. Use a stack consisting of 1/2 Jaguar/Eagle warriors and 1/2 archers when fighting en route to the next city you plan to capture. Whenever possible have at least 2 full stacks attack.

Be patient in the battles and when the archers are out of arrows have them directly engage the opponent.

Fight at night when your general has the ability unless you will be severely outnumbered.

Keep your generals out of the cities attacking and have the cities set to Growth to keep the highest morale possible. Accept all the generals offered, a stack that has 3 or more generals in it used as heavy infantry will give the army an added boost in effectiveness.