PDA

View Full Version : Britannia Campaign: Norway

frogbeastegg
09-03-2007, 15:06
This topic is for the Norse faction in Kingdoms expansion's Britannia campaign.

McDoogle
09-21-2007, 02:24
Well it sbeen a year since i was online here and i apologise.

Finally the kingdoms comes out and i was a lil edgey to play it how ever i thought oh hell why not andi got a good deal on it.

i started as the danish and i was really disappointed cause i thought thatthey woudl try and change the units not just add two new ones and change the colours...

the map is alot better, and u start in the isles which is good and bad, you have to rely oon trades dramtically and cities in your islands and your best bet is for awhile ot simple raid and sack the coasts, i stuck toe scotland and allied with ireland which ook alot of gold and same for wales, i then allied with the barons alliance, mainly because i would prefer to see a groupd of loose generals in charge of south england then a kingdom.

I had my king arrive! yay! but he was 59!??? he lasted 5 turns conquered two cities then died! i was like wtf???

then wallace arrives im on vry hard for both settings and he sat next to a settlement of mine and didnt take it..he moved along not attacking anyone and i choose not to attack him even knowing he was only a 3 start general and my king a that point was a 6 star so coulda wiped the floor with him ha ha.. anyway by the time i got close i had takent heir last settlement and he became a rebel amry andi bribed him!!! ha ha i had to laugh

I will continue maybe move into ireland. You have to be agrresive and never stop moving witht he danes for they are vikings not settlers...

Rumpole
09-24-2007, 12:45
This is actually fairly easy economically on H/H.

Ally with the Welsh. Take Dublin ASAP and make it your capital. Take Derry, then finish kicking the English out of Ireland. Make peace with England. Wipe out the Irish next.

Don't try to hold any territory in England or Scotland, but whenever you see an undefended city, take it from the sea, sack it, sell all the buildings, set the tax rate to very high, and move out.

Build up all the islands and all the cities in Ireland so that they have good sea trade. Since the AI is no good at invading by sea, you can get away with a small military. Build your treasury to about 100K.

Now invade Cornwall and sweep across southern England while the English are fighting the barons and the Welsh. These are cities you can hold.

At this point you are #1 in every category. The Scots have only cities that have been depopulated by your raids. The Welsh are your loyal allies. You cannot affors to garrison your cities against a full stack, but you can afford an invading army that can finally take and hold Scotland, even though the Scots have full stacks of troops all over the place.

As soon as you take region #31 (or is it 30) the Welsh backstab you and you probably lose. But it's been fun.

Rumpole
09-25-2007, 03:22
I won on turn 90, but it wasn't pretty. The secret is to grab Perth from the Scots and Caernarvon from the Welsh, then just trade regions until the total hits 35. I had several settlements being besieged when the game ended

Dutch_guy
09-25-2007, 20:46
As the Norse you'll be in debt for most if not the entire early game. Especially with all the new units your king brings, it'll be hard to get by. Especially when your King's purse eventually goes down to about 2 K (from about 6 and 9.5 K).

I have found that taking down the Scots first works great. Take your stack from Wick and immediately move for Iverness. The your stack from Castle Town and make for the nearest main land town, be it rebel or Scottish. Your troops outclass the weak Highlanders, and their Pikes are easily eliminated by your Norse Archers. Eventually you should use your King's stack to either attack Perth and sack and hold it, or aid one of your other stacks once the Scots decide to attack your slightly weakened attacking forces.

You should hold a considerable amount of scotland when Wallace appears. At this point you should do one of the following: either bargain for peace until you can manage to take out Wallace once he splits his forces, or attack him immediately and risk a considerable amount of losses. His troops are experienced, and benefit from his 5 (or 4?) command stars.

once Wallace is gone, concentrate on eliminating the Scots and claiming Northern England. After and during that process, prioritize trade in all of your cities and convert Wick to a city.

Note that you should be able to build up a good trading base within 35 turns from the start of the campaign, and should be able to eliminate Scotland in 20 odd turns.

After that, it's up to you: you could invade Ireland (a true military powerhouse in my game), invade Wales (make sure you land near Caernarvon, and take it - it's their best troop producing settlement), or expand deeper into England from the north.

In my campaign I did the second, as I was allied with England and the English were invading (or at least trying, and failing ) Ireland.

Currently wales is destroyed, and the English decided to betray me for no apparent reason (other than hitting the 30 provinces mark :wink:). Currently I'm setting up a trap for Richard (their hero...) which involves two stacks and an ambush, and am invading England from their weak southern side.

All goes well, quite a fun campaign.

:balloon2:

TheLastPrivate
11-27-2007, 13:20
After a few tries it really depends on how thoroughly ravage scotland so they don't start retaliating when u get ur new base going in ireland. I also find it extremely difficult to take over scotland right off the bat in VH/VH as I see 5 fulll stacks of high quality troops...wth

aimlesswanderer
11-28-2007, 04:46
In my H/H campaign, I took over the rebel islands and gradually ground down the scots. It was rather dicey for a while, especially when the King's purse dried up-money was very tight for a long time. But once I got my hands on a nice big city and sacked it, they were goners. Thank goodness for heavy infantry! I fought lots of battles where there were piles of Scots, but I picked nice hills to sit on, and my axeman routed them good.

After I wiped out the Scots I was all good-could concentrate my forces in the south. The English were mostly wiped out due to the Welsh and Barons, but my heavy infantry and Norse Clerics fixed them up in short order, had the whole of England with few problems.

russveld
12-21-2007, 05:40
it all matters how soon u get ur gotland footman, almost no ne can take them if u use them right.:drummer:

Schaeffer
01-24-2009, 00:04
I find taking Glasgow and Inverness fast to be the key for Norway strategy. Glasgow because it's the only Scottish port in the West, so once you take and hold it, your island posessions are relatively safe for a few turns. Then you can lower the number of garrisons, which is a very important cost cutting move. Inverness is a good castle, gives you important watchtowers and allows you to turn Wick into a city, so it also gives you more money. Generally take this two settlements, and hold until the king arrives. Take Perth with the Kings army. Now the Scots are crippled, and you finally got a real capital with some economy. Pacify the North, and build up your cities. After that, I usually go for England, but that depends on the current situation. Either way, the Scots have to go first. Taking Ireland is also an option, but I alway felt myself a little bit "cowardish" when I tried to run away from Scotland.
In the early game you must pinch every penny. Build only in key settlemens and disband any troops which you don't use. After you occupy Perth, life will be much easier... :-)

peacemaker
02-02-2009, 06:27
Mostly, I took all my starting troops and just captured all the little islands. Meanwhile, I raised a small army and hired mercs, along with the reinforcements and any remaining troops from the island conquering, and took Perth. Cutting the scottish land in two, I systematically took the top half of scottland. From there, you can either let the english deal with the rest of scottland or go and invade them. I prefer the latter, since I don't want them to get too strong. By then you will probably have gotland footmen, and the world as you know it belongs to you.

LøLç@t
04-28-2009, 19:44
Right, just fixing to start an campaign as these guy. Any good last second advice?

Robespierre
06-25-2009, 21:22
well you could try raiding Ireland from Man, sack Dublin, sell the hardware, leave again. join with reinforcements, take Glasgow. build levy spearmen on Orkney then march them south to join king in taking scot cities when king arrives as garrisons. the deeper you get in debt by turn ten, the quicker you will get out of it after getting those cities....i am testing this proposition.
more later.

gotta love those huscarls norse and vikings hey?:smash::smash:

whifloscu
10-16-2009, 07:15
Thanks so much for sharing the post.

whifloscu
10-16-2009, 07:16
Thanks so much for sharing the post..
Find a telemarketing service company |
(http://telemarketingservicescompanies.com)Telemarketing company for b2b and lead generation | (http://telemarketingservicescompanies.com/telemarketing-companies/)
Outbound telemarketing lists (http://telemarketingservicescompanies.com)