PDA

View Full Version : Teutonic Campaign: Holy Roman Empire

frogbeastegg
09-03-2007, 15:12
This topic is for the Holy Roman Empire faction in Kingdoms expansion's Teutonic campaign. This faction needs to be unlocked before it can be played.

Robespierre
11-24-2007, 20:05
A cool fact about the HRE In this campaign is that the halberd militia unit is well rebalanced from the vanilla unit version, and no longer has hidden special ability "frightened by small domestic rabbits".

TheLastPrivate
11-27-2007, 09:58
So far HRE in Kingdoms has been my most exciting game. All the units are rebalanced and Forlorn hope/zweihanders are very well functioning now.

Also most other campaigns the enemy is severely underpowered by the times u get your strongest units, but with this campaign u can fight the monster called the Order, which I deliberated allied til endgame to see if it gave me any challenge. And by God it did.

Instead of massing trebuchets and bombards (although they do have some stacks of it), they mass ritterbruders in mounted and dismounted kinds. Becomes a very exciting clash and iron and steele, and its quite challenging because even your dfks and deks will route due to the fear factor... they tend to do headlong charges with cavalry as well, and it does take a toll on ur infantry. Pike/halberd militia is not really an option as dism. ritters will make them running so fast its not even funny. Only the knight-trained units can stand up to them for a bit.

To my disappointment the nerfs on cavalry charge and mass was pretty tough on Gothic knights and they're pretty bad...they drop like flies with contact with enemy cavalry or infantry, and a full charge in the BACK takes out maybe 1 row, sometimes a little more. And ritterbruders don't route at that either.

Strategy itself is no-brainer, make alliance with poland (altho they'll backstab soon) and the order (they tend to be trustworthy) and take out denmark/norway. Make sure u buy danzig off poland to get hanseatic league, and in my game I managed to buy off marienberg from the order in trade to alliance. If u can this shold be ur eastern front, since u need something to protect danzig (and thoes hanseatic cities).

After denmarks the Baltic is your oyster. I played M/VH and the Order wiped out everything by the time I was done with poland/denmark/norway.