PDA

View Full Version : Reforms?

The Outsider
09-03-2007, 20:53
hi guys im wodering do yo think that ca will put some upgrades in the form of reforms like the marian reforms in rtw to unlock new units? For example in 18th century the ottoman empire was in decline but the sultan had made a reform called "nizami cedid" which means new order and the army was reformed as well and they stopped napoleon during his egypt campaign (NTW players will remember the name). its for sure that futures like this will be great i hope that this kind of upgrades will be included.

ratbarf
09-04-2007, 03:00
They probably won't aside from being able to upgrade buildings. It is generally believeed the Napolean era won't be covered in the game. Espansion anyone?

The Outsider
09-04-2007, 15:24
They probably won't aside from being able to upgrade buildings. It is generally believeed the Napolean era won't be covered in the game. Espansion anyone?

Are yo sure? as far as i know it will be from the 18th century to the beginning of the 19th century. The Egyptian expedition was in 1798 and if the campaign end in about 1820's than it must include napoleon era and i believe that there were important changes in the military during this hundred years:book: .

noodles
09-05-2007, 16:24
what would be really nice is to have factions that historically went under after a certain date still have advanced units if you managed to pull them through ....

an example for this:
in Medieval 2
- the byzantine should have had a technological nose dive but if the player managed to go over it (and it should be hard) they should have gunpowder units like the others (even if historically they wouldnt be able/around too)

do you know what i mean ?

The Outsider
09-05-2007, 20:42
yea it sounds like an interesting idea but what i mean is the real reforms which historically took place within the life time of the campaign and showed their affects in history. I mean if we play the ottomans without the upgrades in that era, it will be a disaster because their military system had became crap at that time.