PDA

View Full Version : Intrigue-The heir always gets it...

Tiberius of the Drake
09-05-2007, 21:13
Hey I thought I would see if anyone would be interested in playing this game. Its based off of Byzantine Mercenary's version of the game over on the 12CG site.

The aim of the Game is to become King of the Kingdom. Each Player controls a family that holds a rank in the Royal Court. Each turn a player would attmpt to assasinate or defend another member of the court. No member can survive long without working with another member. And no you cannot defend your self. when you defend, the percent chance of defending will be subtracted from the percent chance of the assasin suceeding.

ex. p.1 attacks p.2 with a 65%chance of sucess

but p.3 defends p.2 with a 60 % chance of suceeding.

Therefore p.1 only has a 5% chance of sucess.

Players may join together to attack a person, adding there assasination chances together.If a player is killed they assume the role of the next member of their family.

ex. p.1 kills p.2
p.2 assumes the role of p.2 (II)

when a player is killed they come back as the lowest rank.(see below)
each Player will have a chance to control 4 members. After the fourth of a player's family is killed, that player is out.
Each player will have a different rank.

The ranks are.

1.) King-90% chance of assasinating, 70% chance of defending
2.)Heir-75% chance of assasinating, 65% chance of Defending
3.) Archbishop-50% chance of assasinating, 85% of defending
4.) Archduke-65% chance of assasinating, 60% chance of defending
5.) General-55% chance of assasinating, 55% chance of defending
6.)Duke-50% of assasinating, 40% chance of defending
7.) Marquess-40% chance of assasinating, 30% chance of defending
8.)Earl-35% chance of assasinating, 25% chance of defending
9.)Viscount-30% chance of assasinating, 20% chance of defending
10.)Baron-25% chance of assasinating, 15% chance of defending
11.) Bodyguard-10% chance of assasinating, 30% chance of defending
12.) Knight- 30% chance of assasinating, 10% of defending.

there is also a 1 in 10 chance that an assasin will be revealed should they fail.

Ill be the mod, so Pm me with orders each turn. Each turn will last 2 days.

Is anyone interested? Im lookin for 12 player

EDIT: When there are 4 or less people left, they can defend themselves.

current
6/12
Byzantine Mercenary
Twilightblade
Destroyer of Hope
GDLVEI
Pevergreen
Sarathos

Byzantine Mercenary
09-05-2007, 23:10
im in :2thumbsup:

Tiberius of the Drake
09-08-2007, 02:59
Is No-one interested???

Twilightblade
09-08-2007, 03:04
It looks interesting but some of the rules don't make sense

when a player is killed they come back as the lowest rank.(see below)
each Player will have a chance to control 4 members. After the fourth of a player's family is killed, that player is out.
Each player will have a different rank.

:dizzy2:

Tiberius of the Drake
09-08-2007, 04:13
what i meant is

you start as the first of the line (i.e Twilightblade I)
If you are killed, you would comer back as the son of that member (Twilightblade II) You would then assume the lowest rank to show family turmoil in the aftermath of the death of the patriarch.

ex. King-Tiberius of the Drake

I get killed.
I would thern come back as the lowest rank
Knight-Tiberius of the Drake II

Does this clarify anything?

Twilightblade
09-08-2007, 08:21
Yes it does:yes:

I'll be in

Lord Winter
09-09-2007, 19:56
IN/

Evil_Maniac From Mars
09-09-2007, 22:06
This sounds like a great idea. I can't play for lack of time, but good luck.

Caius
09-10-2007, 03:03
Why not try this as well?

Here the Inca comes.

pevergreen
09-10-2007, 09:29
In purely to assassinate my enemies.

Tiberius of the Drake
09-18-2007, 03:11
should I go ahead and start or wait for other players?

Twilightblade
09-18-2007, 04:33
Give it a while longer maybe 24 hrs

Sarathos
09-18-2007, 04:33
i n

Tiberius of the Drake
09-20-2007, 01:40
Dawn breaks upon the Kingdom of Gam-e-room. The long suffering King was finally dying of a mysterious injury. that injury being a large knife in his back. It was clear he was within his final hour. As he lay face down on his bed, for the knife was unable to be removed, he called his 7 closest associates to him. They immediately came.

"I am in ..*cough* my final hour."

The vassals all knew this but comforted him anyways.

"No Lord, it is not true."

The Old king was not to be refused his final wishes

"I know one of you is responsible for my death, but the kingdom....ARRGH"

The king screamed as one of the vassals accidently leaned on the still protruding knife.

"Srry,my lord" the embarrased vassal said quickly.

The King, now in much more pain, said his last words.

"First, Kill that fool".

The startled vassal tried to run but was swiftly cut down by the guards.
The King groaned. The vassals realised he was now dying.

One spoke up.

"My lord to who does the kingdom go"

The King weakly whispered...
"To..*cough* the quickest..."

The king then expired. The vassals stood puzzled until one wildly raised his hand. Destroyer of hope then yelled
"OOH! OOH! IM KING NOW. I was the quickest"

The other vassals were confused and then furious over there stupidity. Destroyer of hope then said

"everyone else will determine their rank by Lot."

The Vassals groaned.

Sarthos drew the lot for the Heir
Pevergreen drew the lot for Archbishop
Byzantine Mercenary drew the lot for Archduke
Garlicaso de la ve inca drew the lot for General
Twilightblade drew the lot for the rank of Duke

The game is now in play. Orders are due by the end of Sunday Sept.23. Pm orders to me with any details you would like if your attempt suceeds.

Tiberius of the Drake
09-24-2007, 00:00
deadline in 3 hours

Tiberius of the Drake
09-24-2007, 21:56
It was a new day for the kingdom of Gam-e-room and the new kings reidn was going smoothly. The kingdom was still mourning the passing of the former king.

Archbishop Pevergreen was leading a ceremony in the state cathedral. He took his new role as the religious lead of the country very seriously, and unfortunately for the dedicated pilgrims of the church, his sermon was very long. During the 4th hour of his sermon he became very thristy. He gulped down the glass of what he thought was water. He was very wrong. The cup in fact contained a deadly combination of arsenic, lead and chlorine. He died very slowly and painfully. His son was by his side to hear his last words. They are only known to him.

Meanwhile,Archduke Byzantine Mercenary was out on his morning walk. He was quite clumsy and tripped down the stairs. Luckily for him, his mistep made the shuriken intended for his neck miss by a foot and a half. No one really knows where the would be assasin managed to acquire such an exotic weapon.

Seemingly unaware of the death of the Archbishop and the attempted assasination of the archduke Heir Sarathos went out to eat. he had a very nice dinner and walked away satisfied. The body of an unfortunate cook who tasted his own creation was found later.

One of the Greatest Duke of the realm,Twilightblade, was away on campaign against bandits at the time of all of these events. It was very ,very conveniant, that an "enemy arrow" pierced his throat as he shouted orders. At least that's what appeared to happen. As all of his soldiers crowded around his body, the would be assasin forgot his place shouted a victory cry, and while standing up fell out of the tree in which he was hiding. The slodiers quickly arrested him and tortured him endlessly. He eventually revealed his clinet was the former Archbishop Pevergreen. The religious man's death was looked upon with less sympathy now.

After this very deadly month, The ranks of the Arisotcratic stands as such.

King-Doh
Heir-Sarathos
Archbishop-Byz.
archduke -GDLVEI
Bodyguard-Pevergreen(II)
Knight-Twilightblade(II)

orders due wednesday, sept. 26th

Twilightblade
09-26-2007, 07:51
Why does pever get a higher rank when we died on the same turn?

pevergreen
09-26-2007, 12:00
Why does it get revealed that i killed and no one else?

Sarathos
09-26-2007, 14:20
There is also a 1 in 10 chance that an assasin will be revealed should they fail.
You got that 1...

Sarathos
09-26-2007, 14:27
Poor Pever, fails in life as much as he does on the Org.... :laugh4:
Sorry man, couldnt resist....

Tiberius of the Drake
09-26-2007, 22:23
Srry about this guys but could the following resend their orders.
I cleared my pm space and some orders got accidentally deleted.:wall:

Sarathos
Pevergreen
DOH
GDLVEI

srrry bout that

Tiberius of the Drake
09-27-2007, 01:44
still waitin gon *COUGH*SARATHOS*COUGH*GDLVEI

Tiberius of the Drake
09-27-2007, 02:25
I want to try to get this chapter out soon so if i dont recieve the orders within hte hour im moving on.

Just realised i didnt delete sarthos's orders. srry there. stillwaiting on GDLVEI

Zain
09-27-2007, 03:08
I apologize for not making it to this one on time. I will be sure and participate in your next one, unless you're willing to stick me in this one. I'll take any sort of negative thrown at me just to be able to play.

:bow:

Tiberius of the Drake
09-27-2007, 03:37
yeah ill throw you in. ill write it into the next chapter.

Zain
09-27-2007, 12:22
Yay! Thanks man, what should I do?

Tiberius of the Drake
09-27-2007, 19:28
hang on till next round then send me orders

Tiberius of the Drake
09-27-2007, 21:48
After the violence of the past week, the Kingdom of Gam-e-room was shaken to its very core. And in this confusion a new noble was able to make a stake in the Aristocracy. This new member was Zain, the knight. No one knew him and therefore no one percieved him as a threat an no attmept were made on his life. Others were not as fortunate.

Sarathos seemed to still be unaffected by the violence of his future kingdom. His luck ran out. The heir was out for a morning ride on his favorite stallion. unfortunately for him, his horse trod over some very conveniantly placed caltrops on the trail made the horse throw him and he was slammed into a tree. This only knocked him out. The blade that cut his jugular is what killed him. no one found his body for hours.

After his father's unfortunate demise, Pevergreen (II) was standing guard over a merchant as a bodyguard as he has to work his way back up the social ladder. Unfortuantely he had not one, but two assasins after him. As he left to do his buisness in a nearby bush, one knife was slit up his back and an arrow pierced his skull. The two assasins spotted each other but as their code demanded left each other in peace. They didnt realise it but they were both hired by the same person. the client wanted Pevergreen really dead.His father was lucky he had lots of sons.

Archduke Garlicaso was another man now affected by the violence. He was strolling outside deep in thought over the violence that troubled his nation. He did not notice the tripwire that released a volley of deadly crossbow bolts. After being struck by all the bolts he got up, glad he was wearing a armor laced vest. As he took it of, the trapdoor finally opened and he fell 30ft into the hole, breaking both legs and eventually dying of dehydration. No one knows why they didnt notice the disapearence of the archduke for days.

Current ranks
king-doh
heir-byz.
Earl-Twilightblade (II)
Viscount-Zain
Baron-Pevergreen(III)
Bodyguard-Garlicaso(II)
Knight-Sarathos(II)

Tiberius of the Drake
09-28-2007, 20:10
srry forgot to mention. The due date for orders is tuesaday. I have a really busy weekend and Im sure others do too.

Twilightblade
09-30-2007, 06:54
busy is putting my weekend lightly

pevergreen
09-30-2007, 08:09
sure buddy >_>

Seems TB and Sarathos are only killing me.

I seem to have returned the favour though.

Twilightblade
10-01-2007, 05:57
I have not killed you....yet
I'm only trying to reach the position of Duke which was taken from me

Caius
10-02-2007, 02:42
No one knows why they didnt notice the disapearence of the archduke for days.
Im teh shadow.

Tiberius of the Drake
10-03-2007, 03:10
still waiting for most players orders...

Twilightblade
10-03-2007, 05:07
I thought I sent mine

did I?

pevergreen
10-03-2007, 10:55
Orders: be killed by Sarathos and TB again.

Zain
10-03-2007, 12:12
pevergreen, have you always had the post ranking thing in your signature? Or did you get it from me? Or did you come up with it on your own and it's just a coincidence we both have it?

Heh, I think that was 1 question too many... but it was needed.

pevergreen
10-03-2007, 13:00
Stole it off you

Zain
10-03-2007, 15:17
Shame shame.

Now I need to steel something off of you.

Tiberius of the Drake
10-03-2007, 19:21
need pever and TWB. Byz already said hed be away

pevergreen
10-04-2007, 21:29
I will be away until Sunday.

Orders: (no time to pm) kill Sarathos

Tiberius of the Drake
10-04-2007, 23:18
Many residents of the Kingdom of Gam-e-room thought that after the madness of the past week the bloodshed would end. They were, unfortuantely, wrong.

Baron Pevergreen had developed a feud with one Sir Sarathos. The issue had arisen as Pevergreen had discovered Sarathos in a...interesting...position with his daughter. Their conflict came to a head as a duel. Before the duel Sarathos tried one last chance at diplomacy.He spoke.

"Look we can still figur......".

Thump he fell to the ground as Pevergreen ran him through and an arrow pierced his neck. Not realzing that an arrow had flown, Pevergreen began to speak.

"Now..."

Thats all he had time to say before an arrow pierced His throat. His dying thought was how unfortunate his family was.

Garlicaso the Bodyguard was enjoying a nice evening out after along hard day of work. He walsked upstairs to his room in the tavern. He was surprised when he opened his door and there was an assasin attempting to slip a poisonous snake into his bed. The assasin was distracted, and in that one moment the snake bit the assasin. The assasin writhed in pain until Garlicaso took the oppurtunity to kck the assasin out the conveniantly opened window. He was the only lucky this week.

ranks
king-doh
heir- BYz
General-TWB (II)
Earl-Zain
Viscount-garlicaso (II)
baron-Pevergreen (IV)
bodyguard-Sarathos (III)

Orders due thursday-oct.11

Zain
10-05-2007, 02:06
... shouldn't you have removed Pevergreen's name from the list? Or is he still in the game somehow? As well as Garci.

Tiberius of the Drake
10-05-2007, 02:35
did you read the initial instructions?

Pevergreen is on his last life and Garlicaso has 2 more after this one.

Zain
10-05-2007, 12:14
Oh yes, I apologize. I forgot about that one.

Twilightblade
10-06-2007, 02:01
thats what got me when I first read the rules

Twilightblade
10-10-2007, 08:19
Sorry for the double post guys but Tiberius can we end this round soon? cuz if it takes too much longer it will be hard to keep interest

Tiberius of the Drake
10-10-2007, 20:17
Sorry for the double post guys but Tiberius can we end this round soon? cuz if it takes too much longer it will be hard to keep interest

It wednesday, ill give it seven hours for orders. then ill try yo make a story post ttonight or tm at latest.

Byzantine Mercenary
10-12-2007, 13:29
oh.. forgot about the game... im back

Tiberius of the Drake
10-12-2007, 19:23
srry..update tonight. ditracted by EB 1.0

Tiberius of the Drake
10-13-2007, 00:54
(srry for double post)
(NOTE:last week i made the mistake of giving TWB the rank General instead of Duke, this had no effect on the game as I used the numbers for duke. I kept him named general to keep consistent. thnak you)
All was quiet along the western front, at least thats what general Twilightblade thought. He was unfortunately wrong.

As he went to attend to..buisness at the latrine, all seemed to be in order. He approached and opened the door of the out-house and stopped.

"dang...thats...disgusting."

As he bent over beginning to puke he received an un dignified kick to his back side and went head first into the stall. The door was then swiftly shut and nailed. Twilightblade had been knocked unconscious by the combination of the smell and a serious concussion, expired amongst the excrement of his soldiers of sufication.

Not only on the front was their trouble. King Destroyer of Hope was trying to prove a point by travelling without a bodyguard. This was a mistake. He was waylaid by "brigands" who were "zealots" they did resented his rule because he did not pursue justice for the death of the archbishop. They tied him to a tree and setb the tree on fire. he died a very slow and painful death.

In other news, for the first time in a month, a member of Pevergreen's family did not die.

ranks
king-Byz
duke-zain
earl-garlicaso(II)
viscount-pevergreen(IV)
baron-Sarathos(III)
bodyguard-Twilightblade(III)
knight-DOH(II)

Caius
10-13-2007, 01:19
I wonder what will happen, this is more interesting.

Tiberius of the Drake
10-13-2007, 03:02
oops forgot. orders due by wed. october 17th

Byzantine Mercenary
10-13-2007, 03:29
As your new king i ask all loyal nobles to pledge to protect me and to do so every turn. We will weed out traitors and their titles will be awarded to those loyal to me.

Caius
10-13-2007, 03:46
As your new king i ask all loyal nobles to pledge to protect me and to do so every turn. We will weed out traitors and their titles will be awarded to those loyal to me.
You are a coward. First, you kill the king, and then ask for protection!

As I said before, you are a coward.

Byzantine Mercenary
10-13-2007, 12:38
I did not kill the king, and do not think that i do not know of your plots to kill me but i warn you now, your plan to destroy me has been uncovered...

Caius
10-16-2007, 23:36
I did not kill the king, and do not think that i do not know of your plots to kill me but i warn you now, your plan to destroy me has been uncovered...
Rofl. You are scared, I don't have a plan.

Tiberius of the Drake
10-17-2007, 00:08
I need orders by TM!

Tiberius of the Drake
10-19-2007, 01:05
As the nation grew weary of the tales of dead nobles,
The newly crowned King Byzantine Mercenary tried to bring stability by making every vassal pledge to protect him. His attempts met by the stuborness of his vassals.

As Baron Sarathos was going to sleep, he met a figure outside of his bedroom door. He was puzzled and worried by this.He questioned the man.

"who are you?"

"No-one," the man replied

"why are you here?"

'i was sent by a....friend.Im here to protect you."

The Baron was too tired to question the man further, So he retired to his room. He slept in peace that night.

Earl Garcilaso sat down to eat a great seafood dinner at his favorite tavern in town. He did not notice when someone slipped some extra suace onto his sea bass. The sauce contained peanuts. Unfortunately, the earl had developed a allergy to peanuts through his various problems of his childhood. He swiftly and painfully died from hius trhoat closing up.

Pevergreen did not die again. Its a new record!

ranks-
king-byz
general-zain
duke-Pevergreen(IV)
earl-Sarathos(III)
baron-TWB(III)
Bodyguard-Doh(II)
knight-Garcilaso (III)

Sarathos
10-19-2007, 03:17
Yay!! I got protection. Thank you masked stranger

pevergreen
10-19-2007, 07:18
hehehe.

Byzantine Mercenary
10-20-2007, 02:14
I ask those that have not already sent me private messages pledging to support me to do so...

Tiberius of the Drake
10-20-2007, 02:18
Orders due by Wed. Oct.24th

Tiberius of the Drake
10-25-2007, 22:19
srry, bout delay. Baseball World series occupying time.

more extensive write up to come soon

Deaths-
PevergreenIV-now on last life
Zain-now on second life.

Twilightblade
10-29-2007, 07:57
sooo wats happening in this?

Dead?

Tiberius of the Drake
10-29-2007, 18:45
srry not dead just on a moratorium cause of RL. Ill make orders do sunday.
the write up should be up soon.

Sarathos
10-30-2007, 02:38
Tiberius, extending the phases for insane amounts of time isnt going to fix anything (Except give you more time). But serious its kinda killing the game, If you need some help just ask.

Tiberius of the Drake
10-31-2007, 01:51
thank you Sarathos for your advice. I really do apologize.my Rl problems have consisted of computer issues(I hate Macs) and an AP history exam so I really do apologize. and btw orders are due wednesday.And i do apologize for bein a noob host. this is my first game and im still learning the ropes. :bow:

Sarathos
10-31-2007, 04:43
Its kool, as long as I win :2thumbsup:

Tiberius of the Drake
11-04-2007, 01:32
I want to persoannly apologize to every member of this game. Im going to try to tighten my ownn shift :whip: and shape up and shorten the order period to two days each time. unforutnately RL prevents me from starting to do so until monday.

Tiberius of the Drake
11-06-2007, 23:35
Srry for double post.

but I need to realize the truth. I'm gonna stop lying to myself and admit this is dead. There is no way that I can honestly say this is still something that I can run effectively. I really do apologize to every member who was involved. and to wrap this up I say that a random nuclear missle came through a random time warp and destroyed the kingdom. the end .

Byzantine Mercenary
11-06-2007, 23:45
aww i was hoping for And the great and wize king Byzantine Mercenary ruled well and they all lived happly ever after... :laugh4:

Seriously: meh dont worry about it, we all know what its like running these games, real life comes first...

Twilightblade
11-07-2007, 08:47
yeah...maybe I can try to run one of these and use it to make my write-ups better:beam:

Sarathos
11-08-2007, 07:50
Ok all members who are still active in this game. It is far from dead as I have been instruct be Tiberius to take over. Due to this I shall not drop out of the game since there as too few players already. But I shall rejoin as the lowest rank and still be a normal player.

This is how it stands:
King-Byz
General-pevergreen (IV)
Marquess-TWB (III)
Earl-Doh (II)
Baron-Garcilaso (III)
Bodyguard-Zain (II)
Knight-Sarathos (III)

Orders due in 24hrs

Tiberius of the Drake
11-08-2007, 20:33
Yes, Sarathos graciously offered to take over and because i did not want this to die I gave him the authority too. I reallydo thank him too as my Rl is really messed up right now..

Sarathos
11-09-2007, 08:45
Thats ok Tiberius

But I only have orders from two people. I will only extended for another hour, no more.

Sarathos
11-09-2007, 09:19
Ok times up, write -up to come.

Sarathos
11-09-2007, 14:15
General pevergreen was tired after a long day of excerises with his troops. After dismissing them all for afternoon leave he returned to his bedroom for a nap, and was just about to lie down when there was a knock at the door. He angerly got up and opened the door to find a simple servant with a tray who softly said "Your marshmallow, Sir". Still angry and now confused the General shouted at the little man "I didn't order a marshmallow!" and the servent replied with "The King's orders". Pevergreen was now even more confused and in an outrage told the servent "Well you can go tell that King of yours to go shove that marshmallow up his...." and violently slammed the door. Exhausted, Pevergreen slumped into his chair with his hand on his face and started to drift off when yet another knock was heard. At first he ignored it in a hope that who ever it was would go away, they didn't. Ten seconds later an knock was heard, still pevergreen ignored it and still more knocking was heard. Pevergreen's face turned red as he almost threw himself out of the chair and stormed over to the door cursing ever name imaginable, but only get to within two inches of the door when it swung open by itself and and avalanche of marshmallows forced themselves through the narrow door and all over pevergreen. Pevergreen was knocked to the floor by the door and was within seconds covered in marshmallow's. He struggled to rise but the sheer number of marshmallows being sprayed at him was too much. Eventually pevergreen was completely covered in marshmallows and finding it hard to see. Hoping for a mircle pevergreen called out but could only manage the letter 'k' before twelve marashmallows filled his mouth. Pevergreen began to bite and chew to clear this throat but the marshmallows just kept on pouring in. After three minutes of struggling pevergreen finally was overhelmed and suffercated on twenty-six marshmallows. He lay there, still covered as a shadowy figure passed by the door, "Did you enjoy them pevergreen?" the figure spoke as he continued down the hall.

Pevergreen has lost his last member and is now eliminated

King-Byz
General- TWB (III)
Marquess-Doh (II)
Earl-Garcilaso (III)
Baron-Zain (II)
Bodyguard- Sarathos (III)

Orders due again in 24 hours

Sarathos
11-10-2007, 03:10
Isnt anyone else posting here???

I have only received orders forom 1 person so I will extend the order phase for another 5 hours.

Tiberius of the Drake
11-10-2007, 03:29
You might want to consider sneding remin der Pm's. BTW Im going to try to check in on this evry so often.

Sarathos
11-10-2007, 09:06
Sorry guys I will be enteraining RL guest for the rest of tonight. I will do a short write-up but wont have time for anything fancy.

General TwililightBlade was killed tonight and is on his final life.

Ranks:
King-Byz
General- Doh (II)
Marquess-Garcilaso (III)
Earl-Zain (II)
Baron-Sarathos (III)
Bodyguard- TWB (IV)

Sarathos
11-10-2007, 09:10
Orders are due in 24hrs

I have sent reminder pm's so tomorrow we should have some more action.

Sarathos
11-11-2007, 09:39
This is sad guys, I have not recieved orders from anyone. I dont know what else I can do to bring this game back.

All you guys who signed up to play, now is your time to play.
Orders due in another 24hrs, I hope you all get it together

pevergreen
11-11-2007, 10:23
Probably because everyone has lost interest.

Sarathos
11-12-2007, 00:22
Possibly, but I think its more people ahve forgotten about the game or are missing. Destroyer of Hope is an example.

Sarathos
11-12-2007, 13:17
Come on guys! I still havent got enough orders

Andres
11-12-2007, 22:13
Come on guys! I still havent got enough orders

Spam their PM boxes :grin:

Sarathos
11-13-2007, 04:40
Well some have already overloaded theirs, I.E. Destroyer of Hope.

Caius
11-13-2007, 20:48
I think I sent u a PM.-

Sarathos
11-14-2007, 05:04
I think I sent u a PM.-

And it said do nothing. But that was also last round, where is your oen for this round?