PDA

View Full Version : Romance of Three Kingdoms Interactive History

Seign Thelas
09-06-2007, 05:42
Prologue

The year: 194 AD. In the waning years of the Han Dynasty, a ruthless dictator by the name of Dong Zhuo had seized power over the Court and held it with an iron fist. However, the people and officers under Dong's rule were undeniably outraged by his exploits. Thus, the tyrant was violently purged by Lu Bu, the mightiest warrior alive, and the crafty Han Minister, Wang Yun. However, loyalists to Dong, led by Li Jue and Guo Si, who were based in the Xi Province suddenly attacked Lu Bu at the Han Capital of Chang An before Lu Bu and his supporters could settle things down, and the city was seized. In the attack, Wang Yun was killed and Lu Bu driven far east, to Pu Yang.

Meanwhile to the far north, the conflict between the Lord of the Bai Ma Cavalry, Gongsun Zan, and Yuan Shao, one of the most loyal Han retainers, intensifies nearly to the point of war. It is possible that the lords around them: Liu Yu, Gongsun Du, Han Fu and Zhang Yang will also become involved in the conflict.

In the central plains, Lu Bu has taken control of Pu Yang in the absence of its Lord, Zhang Miao, who flees to the side of Cao Cao. Cao 's father had been robbed blind and murdered in cold blood by a former-bandit retainer of the aged Governor of Xu Province, Tao Qian. Cao then launched a campaign for revenge, vowing to slay every single person in Xu Province. Tao Qian knew he would not withstand the attack and called upon Kong Rong and Liu Bei for aid. The Lords of Ru Nan and Qiao, Kong Zhou and Liu Dai, watch the situation with a neutral stance.

To the west, Li Jue and Guo Si are solidifying their power over the area in and around Chang An. They are openly opposed by the sworn brothers-in-arms, Ma Teng and Han Sui, who are in a position to easily harass their territories.

In the southwest, Liu Zhang's retainer Zhang Lu had founded a movement known as the Five Pecks of Rice School, which was in the same vein as Zhang Jiao's Yellow Turbans, who had emerged a decade earlier. Liu saw this as a threat to stability in Yizhou, as well as a threat to the Han Dynasty, which Liu Zhang was related to by blood.

In Jing, Liu Biao had lost control of the southern territories to rebels, and Lord Shi Xie of Jiaozhou had begun a rebellion against the Han Empire along with the people of the southern territory of Vietnam.

And in the east, Lord Sun Ce had borrowed troops from his Lord, Yuan Shu, in exchange for the Imperial Jade Seal, which was highly coveted by the ambitious Yuan Shu. Sun Ce's plan was to make the territories of East Wu his own, and from there build a state from which to conquer the land. Three men stood in his way: Liu Yong, Yan Baihu, and Wang Lang, the provincial governors of the Han.

The Lords:

Cao Cao (Odin)
Yuan Shao (greaterkhaan)
Yuan Shu
Gongsun Zan
Ma Teng (MaddenKhan2)
Han Sui ({BHC}KingWarman888)
Liu Bei
Kong Rong (Ravie)
Li Jue (King Jan III Sobieski)
Guo Si
Liu Yu
Lu Bu
Sun Ce (Don Corleone)
Liu Yong
Yan Baihu
Wang Lang
Zhang Yang
Han Fu (Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca)
Tao Qian
Kong Zhou
Liu Dai
Liu Biao
Liu Zhang
Zhang Lu (Aggony Duck)
Gongsun Du
Shi Xie (DemonArchangel)

I'll post the first chapter when we have enough people.

Here's the map:

https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/egghead2212/3kIH2.jpg

(The lines between cities are basically the borders, I did it this way, as making the territories into masses of land is much messier.)

Cities
# on map/City/Special Traits/Ruler
1 Chang An/Trade/Li Jue
2 Luo Yang/Trade/Zhang Yang
3 Xi Liang/Remote/Ma Teng
4 Tian Shui/--/Han Sui
5 An Ding/--/Ma Teng
6 Han Zhong/--/Zhang Lu
7 Zi Tong/Fortress/Zhang Lu
8 Cheng Du/Trade/Liu Zhang
9 Jiang Zhou/--/Liu Zhang
10 Yong An/Fortress/Liu Zhang
11 Jian Ning/--/Rebel
12 Yong Chang/Remote/Rebel
13 Xin Ye/--/Liu Biao
14 Xiang Yang/--/Liu Biao
15 Jiang Ling/--/Liu Biao
16 Jiang Xia/--/Liu Biao
17 Wu Ling/--/Liu Biao
18 Chang Sha/--/Liu Biao
19 Ling Ling/--/Rebel
20 Gui Yang/--/Shi Xie
21 Jiao Zhi/Remote/Shi Xie
22 Nan Hai/--/Shi Xie
23 Jian Ye/--/Sun Ce
24 Wu/--/Yan Baihu
25 Hui Ji/--/Wang Lang
26 Lu Jiang/--/Sun Ce
27 Chai Sang/--/Sun Ce
28 Shou Chun/Trade/Lu Bu
29 Xia Pi/--/Lu Bu
30 Xiao Pei/--/Lu Bu
31 Bei Hai/--/Kong Rong
32 Ping Yuan/--/Rebel
33 Ye/Trade/Han Fu
34 Jin Yang/--/Zhang Yang
35 He Nei/--/Zhang Yang
36 Ji/Fortress/Zhang Yang
37 Nan Pi/--/Yuan Shao
38 Bei Ping/--/Yuan Shao
39 Xiang Ping/Remote/Gongsun Du
40 Wan/--/Liu Bei
41 Xu Chang/Fortress/Kong Zhou
42 Ru Nan/--/Kong Zhou
43 Qiao/--/Liu Dai
44 Chen Liu/Trade/Cao Cao
45 Pu Yang/--/Lu Bu
46 Jian An/--/Shi Xie
47 Gokoryo/Trade/Gongsun Du

Han Emperor Location: Chang An

Notes:

At the beginning of the game I will send you the draft potential for every city you own, this is solely your information to share as you'd like. Troops can be drafted at a moment's notice, and moved freely afterwards, but 1,000 men will always be in the standing army of a city (These are not part of the draft potential), and must stay in that city, they will act as much like a police force. Don't worry, it shouldn't be confusing, as I will give you a count of how many troops you HAVE drafted out of the number of troops you CAN draft, for your entire kingdom, as well as for each city.

Economy improves the satisfaction of the people. But it isn't the sole factor. In other words, rule wisely. :wink:

Having control of the Han Emperor is important. You can send out Imperial Decrees, which will be under the Emperor's name and not your own. If you control the Emperor and want to send out a decree, PM me with the decree and who it is directed toward. I will then PM the other player with the command, and they will not know whether it really IS from the Emperor or not. (Note that I will send REAL requests from the Emperor out.)

Rebels don't get the Trade bonus. (No one's happy under rebel rule.)

City bonuses/penalties, as well as, (although more rarely) bigger/smaller troop capability can be earned through good or bad governance. (No cities have penalties from the start.)

City Bonuses:
Fortress - City is harder to siege/conquer.
Trade - City will grow more rapidly because of your actions, (and decline less quickly due to bad ones), you may also get special deals presented to you from traders.
Remote - 10% of attacking troops are lost on their way here.
Loyalty - The people of the city join in the defense as city guards.
Port - People are happier, troops from here are more effective at coastal and naval battles.
Stable - Troops here are more effective at battles in the Xi region and most cities in the Central Plains and Northern regions.

And Battles will be fairly simple, and completely strategy based. So if you enjoy learning and using tactics and strategies, this is right up your alley.

Player vs. player battles will play out like this:

Attacker sends his offensives in PMs to me.
I PM the move to the Defender, depending on the strategy and the defender's scouting, the defender may or may not get all the information.
Defender reacts to Attacker's move in PM.
Et cetera.

You will have choices to make, or you can specify your own course of action.

New chapters will most likely be once a week, and like the SJIH, turns will be seasons. We will start from Spring 194 A.D.

Battles against rebel forces and such will be much shorter, as they were more unruly mobs than they were fighting forces.

That's all, folks. You can now sign-up. They will be open until all 26 slots are full, and will re-open if players leave.

Seign Thelas
09-08-2007, 01:12
Heh. No one?

Don Corleone
09-08-2007, 01:48
As fascinating as this looks, we're going to be waiting for a very, very long time to get 26 people to sign up. I don't think there's 26 regular visitors to the Chapter House. If you're not prepared to role-play the unchosen generals, I'm not sure this game is going to get off the ground.

Seign Thelas
09-08-2007, 03:01
I'm not expecting 26 people to join at all. Haha. Do you think we should start with the seven people we have?

Don Corleone
09-08-2007, 16:01
No, I think waiting until more people sign up is the right idea. In fact, I'm going to try to recruit some people that don't usually play Interactive Histories to see if they might be interested.

Just something in the initial post made me think you were waiting until you had players for all 26 factions. My bad.

Seign Thelas
09-08-2007, 17:35
All good bud. :2thumbsup:

DemonArchangel
09-12-2007, 02:41
Bump for publicity. Seriously, this is a good, well researched Interactive. This could be the next Sengoku Jidai in fact.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
09-12-2007, 17:59
I do Han Sui if I can please since I love doing IH's :yes:

King Jan III Sobieski
09-12-2007, 18:43
Hmm...:idea2:

Can I be Li Jue?

Seign Thelas
09-12-2007, 20:42
I'll say a couple more and we'll start. Unless everyone would prefer sooner?

Let me know.

AggonyDuck
09-12-2007, 20:51
Well I suppose joining this wouldn't hurt, so sign me up as Zhang Lu.

09-12-2007, 21:05
I'll say a couple more and we'll start. Unless everyone would prefer sooner?

Let me know.

mabye sooner, but up to you :yes:

Seign Thelas
09-13-2007, 02:39
One more person and were good to go. Tell all your friends. :wink:

Ignoramus
09-13-2007, 02:48
I'll join as Liu Biao.

Seign Thelas
09-13-2007, 03:10
OMGZ BONAR TIME TO START!

I'm sending PMs with private info concerning troop numbers and your standing and such.

The First Chapter should be up as soon as possible (Tonight or tomorrow).

Chapters will end when I have every players response in, or after a week. You will get an extra day for the first chapter, and I'll expect the responses by Friday the 21st, or as soon as possible.

Umm...If you sign-up after this point, you will take control of your Lord in the second chapter.

09-13-2007, 03:11
yay, :-)!!!!!

Seign Thelas
09-13-2007, 04:50
The following people have to clear space in their PM inboxes:

{BHC}KingWarman888

The chapter will be up sometime midday tomorrow. I'm very tired and need sleep now.

Ignoramus
09-13-2007, 08:45
So do we send our orders in, or wait for the first chapter?

Seign Thelas
09-13-2007, 12:32
Well if you want everything wait for the chapter.

09-13-2007, 16:18
ok, my PM box is open.

:-)

Caius
09-13-2007, 19:00
Waiting...

Seign Thelas
09-13-2007, 20:00
Chapter 1

Spring 194

The tensions in China are again rising since the conflict against Dong Zhuo. This time the tensions are due to the ambition of the various Lords and Prefects around China. In the north, the Lord of Xiang Ping, Gongsun Du, looks on as Gongsun Zan and Yuan Shao bandy words, disputing who should rightfully rule over Jizhou. The conflict in Jizhou should also drag in the surrounding lords, Liu Yu, Liu Bei, Kong Rong, Han Fu, and Zhang Yang.

In the Central Plains, Cao Cao was solidifying his power in Chen Liu when the murder of his father sparked his rage. He is now contemplating total war against the Xu Province and its Lord, Tao Qian. Tao calls upon his allies Kong Rong and Liu Bei for aid. Lu Bu has also taken the city of Pu Yang from its governor, Zhang Miao, and set up rule there. His intentions are completely unknown at the moment. Liu Dai and Kong Zhou remain neutral to the entire situation. Their aims are not yet known.

In the East, Yuan Shu has given Sun Ce control of a force of 3,000 men to conquer the territories of East Wu. The Sun family is essentially free from Yuan's rule. Liu Yong, Yan Baihu, and Wang Lang, the governors of the Wu region, are obviously staunchly opposed to having their lands taken from them, and ally themselves with each other to oppose the coming threat.

In Jing, the Governor of the province, Liu Biao is quite strong, and has some able generals under him. Although he is not hostile with any Lord of China, the Sun family could become a threat, as they are most likely bitter at the death of their patriarch, Sun Jian. Shi Xie in the south also fosters his power in Jiao Zhi and Nan Hai.

In Yizhou, Zhang Lu has risen in rebellion against the Han, and Liu Zhang seeks to maintain stability in his domain. The stuation there is nearly to the point of war.

In Liangzhou and Chang An, Guo Si and Li Jue, the two petty despots are in control of the court, however, the two are prone to squabbling and they have set up different camps, but they are officially allied to one another. Ma Teng and Han Sui, although against the Han Court, also oppose the dictatorship of Li Jue and Guo Si, and the Court is therefore viewed as the lesser of two evils.

Suggestions:

Cao Cao

What will you do concerning Xuzhou? Tao Qian is requesting the aid of Liu Bei and Kong Rong, and the three together could make a formidable foe.

Kong Zhou, Liu Dai, and Lu Bu must also be dealt with. If they threaten you while you are in Xu, you could lose everything.

Yuan Shao

The situation with Gongsun Zan grows worse by the day, but diplomacy is still a viable option. How will you settle the matter?

Liu Yu, Han Fu, Liu Bei, and Kong Rong, your other neighbors, must also be thought about.

Han Sui

Your three neighbors, Guo Si, Li Jue, and Zhang Lu are all enemies of the Han Court (which, technically, puts them in your boat). What will you do about them?

Liu Bei

Your neighbors are Yuan Shao, Han Fu, and Kong Rong. You must figure out a stance with Yuan Shao's conflict with Gongsun Zan, as you are highly respected by both men. Han Fu is also a threat in Ye. Kong Rong is officially allied to you, and no action need really be taken against him.

Kong Rong

Your position as a descendant of Confucius is known all across the land, and you are respected because of it. Tao Qian to your south is your ally, as is Liu Bei to your east. The only possible threat is Yuan Shao. How will you deal with him?

Li Jue

You are hated far and wide for being a confidant of Dong Zhuo. Your neighbors are Zhang Lu, Ma Teng, and Han Sui. How will you deal with them?

Sun Ce

You have been granted your troops and the Wu territory now openly opposes you. They do not seem inclined to make advances on you. Yuan Shu to your north is allied with you. How will you deal with Liu Yong, and his alliance, as well as Liu Biao in Jing, your mortal enemy?

Han Fu

No one knows your stance on politics in the region, and Yuan Shao is said to be looking upon Ye with covetous eyes. Liu Bei to the East is virtuous and reliable, and Zhang Yang seems to have taken up with bandits in the western hills. How will you deal with the Gongsun Zan/Yuan Shao situation, as well as the threat of Lu Bu to your south?

Liu Biao

You are on bad terms with Sun Ce. Shi Xie seems to be in opposition of any Chinese Lord, including the Emperor. Liu Zhang to your west is a member of your family, and thus, shouldn't be a threat, atop the fact that he is not known as an expansionist in the least.

Zhang Lu

Liu Zhang has announced you are a traitor to the Han and should be executed. Han Sui to the west shows no aggression toward you and may be worthy of your help. Li Jue, to your north is a petty despot who has the Emperor clutched in an iron fist. How will you deal with all of them?

Shi Xie

The Lords of China don't really view you as a threat. Or at all for that matter, as you are so isolated from everything that is more centrally located. How will you deal with Liu Biao when the time comes, or perhaps, the Lords of Wu? Better to plan ahead.

DEADLINE FOR DECISIONS IS SEPTEMBER 21ST.

King Jan III Sobieski
09-17-2007, 17:15
I do look forward to receiving tributes from my neighbors soon, thus insuring we all get along just fine! :skull:

- Li Jue

09-17-2007, 18:10
I will not give you any sort of Tributes, Li Jue!

-Han Sui

Seign Thelas
09-17-2007, 19:50
Game news:

The armies of Gongsun Du have subdued the indigenous people of Liao Dong and have incorporated those people into their land. Their military strength has risen.

War has also broken out between Zhang Yang and Liu Yu, with an inconclusive battle outside of Ji.

DemonArchangel
09-17-2007, 20:16
Say, speaking of indigenous peoples, are the Nan Yue and Bai Yue on my side, or do I just have access to Han soldiers?- Lord Shi Xie, Prefect of Jiao Zhi.

King Jan III Sobieski
09-17-2007, 20:46
I will not give you any sort of Tributes, Li Jue!

-Han Sui

We shall see, Han Sui, we shall see... :thumbsdown:

09-19-2007, 15:29
Get my decsions in tomarrow,Thursday,fyi.

Seign Thelas
09-21-2007, 16:56
I still need decisions from:

Cao Cao
Yuan Shao
Liu Bei
Kong Rong
Li Jue
Liu Biao

The deadline is today. I might need to extend it if I don't get the decisions.

Ravie
09-22-2007, 00:16
I sent mine aggggggggggeeeeessssssssssss ago amigo

u probably didnt realise it was my decisions :P wasnt very long lol

Seign Thelas
09-22-2007, 01:11
Oops. Scratch that, got Kong Rong, still need everyone else's.

Seign Thelas
09-22-2007, 17:19
Two more decisions to get. Cao Cao and Liu Bei.

If I don't get them by Monday, I'm posting the next chapter, irregardless.

Seign Thelas
09-24-2007, 19:33
Nothing from Cao Cao, so I'm going to get started on a new chapter.

09-24-2007, 19:35
I can't wait :-)

Seign Thelas
09-25-2007, 19:04
Chapter 2

Summer 194

The land is still tense, as few battles have broken out. The people of the Middle Kingdom fear the inevitable civil war from the current instability of the ruling house of Han. The Emperor, Xian, who now resides under the rule of Li Jue in Chang An, longs for a savior to restore his Dynasty, if not to save him from being the final Emperor of Han. He issues a call for all the Prefects and Lords of China to destroy the rebels Li Jue and Guo Si and bring the Imperial family to glory once again.

Battles seem to be breaking out sporadically across the land, becoming ever more prevelant with time.

In Yizhou, the Lord of the Five Pecks of Rice School, Zhang Lu, has won over the people of Zi Tong, and captured the city from the Imperial prefect, Liu Zhang. The forces of Zhang Lu took a small amount of casualties in the attack, and Liu Zhang aims to gain back his lost land. At the same time, Liu sent his generals Wu Yi and Yan Yan to capture the impregnable city of Yong An, which they miraculously took with little to no casualties.

The situation in Chang An and Liangzhou, although having not yet come to a boil, is heating up quickly. Han Sui's forces, in an attempted raid, burned a number of villages outside of Chang An and hastily retreated, killing hundreds, if not, thousands of innocents. Ma Teng keep at his plotting against the rebels against the Imperial Court, Guo Si and Li Jue.

The Lord of Jing, Liu Biao, reclaims the city of Wu Ling from southern rebels without a fight, and fortifies his position there, solid as a rock.

Sun Ce, in Lu Jiang has moved south and seized Chai Sang without a fight, making his family a significant force in the Jiang Dong region once again. The envious governors of the Wu territory scoff at Sun Ce as a mere child, and openly mock his abilities.

Events in the Central Plains are startingly quiet, just as the calm before a storm.

In the Northern land of He Bei, however, battle seems to be encompassing the entire place. Zhang Yang and Liu Yu openly war over a strip of disputed land between their territories. Zhang Yang clearly has the upper hand in the battles, but makes no attempt at a decisive battle to wipe out Liu Yu. Zhang instead moved south against the land of He Nei, seizing it easily.

While one Gongsun, Du, is quiet in the Northern extremedy of the Empire, the more agressive one, Zan is actively striking south against his rival, Yuan Shao, with his smaller, but ferocious cavalry unit, the Bai Ma. His ultimate intention is to avenge the death of his brother, Yue, who he claims was killed by servants of Yuan Shao.

The rest of the governors of the land remain silent, allowing for other things to play out before casting their own die to fate...

---

If it seems somewhat short, I'm sorry, I'm just getting started.

DEADLINE IS MONDAY, OCTOBER 1ST.

And if you want diplomacy with other players, you need to work that our yourself and let me know.

All the PMs should be out.

09-25-2007, 19:10
Looks Good:yes: . Got my PM today,thanks :beam: . When the Deadline?

Don Corleone
09-25-2007, 21:08
Word has reached us, the loyal children of Emperor Xian, in Lu Jiang that Li Jue and Guo Si insist on rebelling against the emperor. Filthy dogs! Release him and reinstate him on his throne at once!

We commend Han Sui on his daring raid against the traitor Li Jue and only wish more of the accursed rebels had been killed. We salute you, Han Sui!

And we call on all the lords of the realm to unite against Li Jue! Our emperor is being abused by an upstart, and this must not stand. For the harmony of the Middle Kingdom, we must force the rebels to release the Emperor and step down from their tyranny. We ask all the lords of the land to join me, Sun Ce, in pledging sword and lifeblood to reinstating the emperor on his throne. So long as emperor Xian lives, and is kept from his rightful place, none of us should rest!

09-25-2007, 23:31
Word has reached us, the loyal children of Emperor Xian, in Lu Jiang that Li Jue and Guo Si insist on rebelling against the emperor. Filthy dogs! Release him and reinstate him on his throne at once!

We commend Han Sui on his daring raid against the traitor Li Jue and only wish more of the accursed rebels had been killed. We salute you, Han Sui!

And we call on all the lords of the realm to unite against Li Jue! Our emperor is being abused by an upstart, and this must not stand. For the harmony of the Middle Kingdom, we must force the rebels to release the Emperor and step down from their tyranny. We ask all the lords of the land to join me, Sun Ce, in pledging sword and lifeblood to reinstating the emperor on his throne. So long as emperor Xian lives, and is kept from his rightful place, none of us should rest!

My Raid Went Well, And I will kill more Li Jue and Guo Si rebels when I get the Chance. The Emperor must not be abuse by rebels. I will join with you,Sun Ce!

Han Sui

King Jan III Sobieski
09-26-2007, 02:19
My Raid Went Well, And I will kill more Li Jue and Guo Si rebels when I get the Chance. The Emperor must not be abuse by rebels. I will join with you,Sun Ce!

Han Sui

I hope the emperor is prepared to commit ritual suicide...he's soon to be defeated!:smash:

DemonArchangel
09-26-2007, 05:53
I will obey no Chinese Lord. The Empire of Yue will arise like the Phoenix and China will burn to ashes in my fury.-Lord Shi Xie.

09-26-2007, 22:17
I will obey no Chinese Lord. The Empire of Yue will arise like the Phoenix and China will burn to ashes in my fury.-Lord Shi Xie.

I am displeased at more of these traitior rebels popping up!

-Han Sui

King Jan III Sobieski
09-27-2007, 12:45
I am displeased at more of these traitior rebels popping up!

-Han Sui

Is Han Sui scared, then?

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

09-28-2007, 14:09
Is Han Sui scared, then?

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

No. You should Fear for your Life Li Jue, Because I will hunt you down!

-Han Sui

King Jan III Sobieski
09-28-2007, 16:37
No. You should Fear for your Life Li Jue, Because I will hunt you down!

-Han Sui

Li Jue makes it known that he fears no man! - and I certainlly fear no boy, Han Sui!!!

09-28-2007, 16:47
Li Jue makes it known that he fears no man! - and I certainlly fear no boy, Han Sui!!!

You see what I did to your people? Do you want to be like those dead bodies, just getting eaten by the birds? I hope not Li Jue!

-Han Sui

AggonyDuck
09-30-2007, 19:50
So Han Sai takes pride in his ability to massacre farmers and their families? This is definately a disturbing declaration and we hope that Han Sui will instead let compassion reign in his heart and extend his helping hand to the peasants of his regions and the ones neighboring them.

Zhang Lu

09-30-2007, 20:07
Hey Seig, did you get my decisons?

Seign Thelas
09-30-2007, 23:15
No, sir, I've only gotten Shi Xie and Sun Ce's decisions.

AggonyDuck
10-01-2007, 02:55
Decisions sent.

Seign Thelas
10-03-2007, 16:33
I'm still missing about half of the decisions.

Don Corleone
10-03-2007, 17:03
I think that means that they're saying they're taking the season off and we should proceed without their actions. :laugh4:

Seign Thelas
10-03-2007, 17:11
I'll give it another day, if I don't get anything, I'm going to take it that way, Don. :laugh4:

10-03-2007, 18:07
I'll give it another day, if I don't get anything, I'm going to take it that way, Don. :laugh4:

you got mine ok Seig?

Seign Thelas
10-03-2007, 18:17
Indeed, I did.

King Jan III Sobieski
10-04-2007, 13:20
No, sir, I've only gotten Shi Xie and Sun Ce's decisions.

You got mine, right Seig?

Seign Thelas
10-04-2007, 19:19
Yes.

Caius
10-05-2007, 01:40
Nime? :P

Seign Thelas
10-05-2007, 01:46
Yes. I have 5 or 6 decisions right now, which leaves 4 or 5 that still need to be sent.

Caius
10-06-2007, 04:24
Lets move with or without them.

Seign Thelas
10-06-2007, 05:13
Give one more day and I'll write the chapter if I don't get anything by midday tomorrow.

Seign Thelas
10-08-2007, 20:47
Sorry for the huge wait, still missing a lot of orders, but the chapter will be up ASAP.

10-08-2007, 20:48
Sorry for the huge wait, still missing a lot of orders, but the chapter will be up ASAP.

Excellet, Can't Wait :beam: :yes:

Seign Thelas
10-09-2007, 20:13
Chapter 3

Autumn 194

As the chill of Autumn sets in across North China, war erupts. Tensions between all of the Lords finally come to a head and the ambitions of the most powerful men in the land are revealed. In He Bei, Gongsun Zan, who had moved south to destroy the proud Yuan Shao of Nan Pi, began his attack. His troops, ten-thousand in all, charged nearly to the city gates before being met by the horde of Yuan Shao, which sallied forth from the city. Gongsun's men were able to score a large number of kills against their enemies, demoralizing them heavily, but Yuan Shao was not to be outdone. He had sent a sizeable force outside of the city to catch his reckless opponent in a pincer. Led by Yuan's heroic general, Wen Chou, the men crashed into Gongsun's rear flank, and forced the famed cavalry commander to retreat and camp a mile without the city walls. Liu Bei, Han Fu and Kong Rong sit idly by and observe to the situation.

In Ji, Liu Yu's armies were decisively defeated by Zhang Yang, and most of Liu Yu's generals, himself included were killed in battle. Zhang Yang is now a dominant force in the He Bei region.

In the Central Plains, the word on everyone's tongue is Ambition. Despite Cao Cao's silence, the other Lords of the Plains begin to enact their plans. Lu Bu is able to convince his brother-in-law, Cao Bao, who was the governor of Xiao Pei, and his friend Mi Fang to defect to his side, effectively turning the city and all its troops over to Lu Bu. And in a sudden stroke of ambition, Kong Zhou invades the great city of Xu Chang, gaining immense power.

Yizhou. The focal point of conflict through the land at this point in time. Lord Liu Zhang, after recently losing his city of Zi Tong to an attack by Zhang Lu, immediately sends a retaliatory army to take the city back. Their leader: Zhang Ren, supported by the great strategist, Fa Zheng. Zhang Lu had planned for an ambush on his enemy, but this was foiled by Fa Zheng. The ensuing battle saw in the area of 10,000 deaths. After Zhang Lu's men in hiding were caught by Fa Zheng's men and nearly routed, Zhang Wei, a brother of Zhang Lu, rallied the disheartened, outnumbered men and charged the enemy formation, breaking their frontline in half, after which, one half of it was demolished. While Zhang Ren gathered his beaten army and retreated 20 miles, Zhang Lu anxiously awaited the next engagement.

At the capital of Chang An, Li Jue received word of the raid on Chang An, and gathered a force to return the favor to Han Sui. However, en route, Li Jue had found that his border patrol was completely annihilated by a force from Tian Shui, and his men were forced to retreat after an engagement of little consequence. Both Han Sui and Li Jue's armies camped opposite each other, waiting for the other to make a move.

In the east, Sun Ce bolsters his military might and calls for an alliance against the villains, Li Jue and Guo Si, who have the Emperor captive in Chang An. The Lords of East Wu fully resent the upstart making such a bold move. The people of Sun Ce's lands even whisper of a number of spies for the government among them in Lu Jiang and Chai Sang, but these claims are unfounded. In Hui Ji, Wang Lang's victorious army returns home after routing a force of the Yue Empire. Dong Xi, the winning officer in the battle, is granted the rank of Commander General by Wang Lang, and Wang even declares himself "Regent of the Han's Eastern Territories".

Emperor Shi Xie of the Yue Empire enacts a number of reforms to government, one of which enrages nobles of the area, who uprise against the upstart Lord.

The Land of Jing remains peaceful, as Liu Biao rids the cities of the southern territories of rebels one by one, this season capturing Chang Sha.

Battle Summary
(Winner is bolded)

Zi Tong: Zhang Lu vs. Liu Zhang (Ongoing as of yet.)
Result: Zhang Ren is forced to retreat after heavy casualties.

Ji: Zhang Yang vs. Liu Yu
Result: Destruction of Liu Yu's Force.

Hui Ji: Wang Lang vs. Shi Xie
Result: Shi Xie's army takes severe casualties, and is routed.

Nan Pi: Yuan Shao vs. Gongsun Zan (Ongoing)
Result: Gongsun is forced back a mile.

Tian Shui: Li Jue vs. Han Sui (Stalemate) (Ongoing)

Cities Under Attack (No drafting)
Chang An
Tian Shui
Zi Tong
Nan Pi

DEADLINE: October 18th

NOTE: I'm changing one rule about drafting, just to balance things a bit. No ruler will be able to draft from a city while that city is under attack. I will keep a list of these cities, as I have above.

Info PMs soon, guys.

King Jan III Sobieski
10-09-2007, 20:58
:furious3: Do not assume, Han Sui, that because our battle ended in a stalemate that you are equal to my prowress! :furious3:

Seign Thelas
10-09-2007, 21:07
Well, technically your battle with Han Sui is still going on. SO FAR it's a stalemate.

10-09-2007, 21:16
:furious3: Do not assume, Han Sui, that because our battle ended in a stalemate that you are equal to my prowress! :furious3:

You are lucky Li Jue. I will have you Dead Soon!!

AggonyDuck
10-09-2007, 21:51
Interesting chapter again. Shame that I lack the knowledge of the era to really enjoy it to its fullest. :shame:

Seign Thelas
10-09-2007, 21:59
Interesting chapter again. Shame that I lack the knowledge of the era to really enjoy it to its fullest. :shame:

You could read up a bit at www.kongming.net (http://www.kongming.net) it's a very informative site with a lot of information and bios on people in the game.

DemonArchangel
10-10-2007, 02:59
Question: I attacked #20. What happened to it?

Note: Wow, my nobles are rather... overreacting. Oh well, better to deal with them right now instead of dealing with them at a later date. I probably failed to capture #25 and #20 due to the... revolt I have on my hands.

Seign Thelas
10-12-2007, 17:54
Get those decisions in people, those deadlines sneak up on you.

10-12-2007, 18:14
Get those decisions in people, those deadlines sneak up on you.

Be in Tonight, do not worry Seig :beam:

Seign Thelas
10-12-2007, 18:34
Just realized I wrote the PMs but didn't send them out.

-_-

Sorry about that, guys.

I'll have the deadline extended a day or two. How's the 18th sound?

10-12-2007, 18:55
Sounds good Seigs, Thanks :yes: :beam:

Don Corleone
10-13-2007, 02:20
Li Jiu! There are still some nobles in Mei Guan that support the true emperor and will not tolerate your wickedness! Beware, I have mobilized my army, and have received permission to traverse... all the way to Chang An. I will march my armies as far West as I need to to catch you, you filthy dog! Even into the setting sun! I have been bored lately, perhaps I should take your wife as my Thursday night concubine #3.

Guo Si! You should be on the alrert as well! I come for you also, forked tongue! I will not rest until I rest my boots upon your back. When you have surrendered fully, I might let you live... to be my footstool! Your women are too ugly for me to even consider. That must be why both of your sons prefer the 'company of their soldiers'. Do you have any real men in your clan?

The two of you will pay for your atrocities against the emperor. Han Sui has started heaven's wrath against you, and I will join him, to add my army to his and smash you and send you to the hell of the dishonored, where you be boiled in lake of sulfur for all time! This is your last warning... release the emperor and remove yourselves from his lands. I will have no mercy when I finally arrive.

To the lords of Wu, I have no time for pathetic weaklings who claim to support the emperor, but will do nothing to help him. Maybe when I return, I'll teach you a thing or two about the way of the warrior, but for now, you may continue to cower behind your walls.

King Jan III Sobieski
10-15-2007, 01:48
Li Jiu! There are still some nobles in Mei Guan that support the true emperor and will not tolerate your wickedness! Beware, I have mobilized my army, and have received permission to traverse... all the way to Chang An. I will march my armies as far West as I need to to catch you, you filthy dog! Even into the setting sun! I have been bored lately, perhaps I should take your wife as my Thursday night concubine #3.

Guo Si! You should be on the alrert as well! I come for you also, forked tongue! I will not rest until I rest my boots upon your back. When you have surrendered fully, I might let you live... to be my footstool! Your women are too ugly for me to even consider. That must be why both of your sons prefer the 'company of their soldiers'. Do you have any real men in your clan?

The two of you will pay for your atrocities against the emperor. Han Sui has started heaven's wrath against you, and I will join him, to add my army to his and smash you and send you to the hell of the dishonored, where you be boiled in lake of sulfur for all time! This is your last warning... release the emperor and remove yourselves from his lands. I will have no mercy when I finally arrive.

To the lords of Wu, I have no time for pathetic weaklings who claim to support the emperor, but will do nothing to help him. Maybe when I return, I'll teach you a thing or two about the way of the warrior, but for now, you may continue to cower behind your walls.

I am quivering, Sun Ce... :no: :thumbsdown: :no:

I fear neither you nor Han Su! It is fitting, but my wife has informed me that your wife was once a concubine...

Seign Thelas
10-17-2007, 04:16
Many turns missing.

Caius
10-18-2007, 02:23
Many turns missing.
Mine....?

Seign Thelas
10-18-2007, 02:39
Yep, need yours.

AggonyDuck
10-18-2007, 07:52
I'll send mine later today then.

Seign Thelas
10-21-2007, 19:40
Chapter soon.

Seign Thelas
10-24-2007, 19:05
Was doing the next chapter, then I got hit with immense writer's block. So it's half done, with all the PMs ready to go. I just need to think of something to write. :sweatdrop:

10-24-2007, 20:29
Was doing the next chapter, then I got hit with immense writer's block. So it's half done, with all the PMs ready to go. I just need to think of something to write. :sweatdrop:

Take you Time Seig, you write good Stories :2thumbsup: :yes:

Seign Thelas
10-24-2007, 22:34
Chapter 4

Winter 194

The bitter cold of winter sets the scene for a dreary time in China. Despite the frost in the air, the flames of war burn on, and the warlords of the Land vie for power. In He Bei, Gongsun Zan is devastated by two of Yuan Shao's most powerful generals, Yan Liang and Wen Chou. Yan launched a night raid and crushed Zan's army, taking his sole heir hostage. And Wen Chou broke the routing enemy with an impetuous charge. But even in as Gongsun was routed, the valor of his general, Zhao Yun shone through, as he held off the enemy's pursuit with a cunning ambush. The Lord of Jin Yang, and self styled "King of Zhou", Zhang Yang, continued his seemingly unstoppable march through the land by took the burnt out former capital of Luo Yang, and began rebuilding it to its former glory. Han Fu, the Governor of Ye, broke his streak of inactivity and attacked Lu Bu with a force of 10,000. Led by the little known general, Zhang He, the forces of Han Fu were able to break Lu Bu's force through quite effectively raiding Lu Bu's army, causing them to fight amongst themselves, and subsequently routing the entire force, this put the city of Pu Yang in peril. Gongsun Du, Liu Bei, and Kong Rong, the other lords of the North region stood firm, awaiting their opportunity.

The situation in the Central Plains saw less bloodshed then that in Nan Pi and Bei Ping. Most of the Lords there seemed content with what they had at the moment, the only exception being Kong Zhou. He seized Wan, consolidating his power over the southern Central Plains.

Out west, the quarrel between Li Jue and Han Sui had ended with Li Jue victorious. Han was forced to retreat to Tian Shui licking his wounds. Guo Si and Ma Teng remain silent, as neither sees the advantage to fighting at the current time. In Chang An, it seems that the city is unexpectedly prospering under the successor to the tyrant Dong Zhuo. Li Jue's praises are sung by the people of the city and the surrounding areas. The Emperor even shows some favor towards Li. In contrast, Li's ally, Guo Si, in the western frontier city of An Ding, has been known to treat his people harshly, taxing them heavily and raiding outlying villages frequently. To the people of the region, he was a sickening reminder of the past.

Zhang Lu, the Lord of the Five Pecks of Rice School, in Han Zhong was, at this time, consolidating his hold on Northern Yizhou. He successfully repelled Zhang Ren's army through expert supply line harassment, led by his chief vassal and brother, Zhang Wei. After losing a number of men to desertion Ren saw the wisdom in retreating from battle before he was caught offguard with a starving army. Zhang Lu also began a relief campaign for the commoners living in and around his territory. This indeed won over many peasants, who began to make preparations to migrate to Han Zhong to pay respect to its just ruler.

In the Jiang Dong region, Sun Ce had begun making preparations to attack Jian Ye, the home base of Liu Yong. However, through plotting, Zhou Yu, Sun Ce's top strategist got in fighting to occur within Liu Yong's city. Liu was made to believe his vassal, Taishi Ci, was planning a revolt against his authority. In response, he sent a large punitive force under Zhang Ying to attack Taishi Ci, who was preparing a force of 5,000 men to do a reconnaisance mission in Sun Ce's territory. Taishi's men, all being loyal to him, were tipped off about the force coming for them and made preparations to destroy Zhang Ying. The battle went one way: Taishi Ci's. He killed Zhang Ying in personal combat and proceeded to destroy all of his men. Realizing his situation he attacked the rest of the city, forcing Liu Yong out. When Sun Ce's attack force arrived they came to a city owned by Ci. A small force came out to gauge Sun's strength, and promptly withdrew after a short personal combat between the two generals. Taishi surrendered the city the next day, and Sun Ce now possessed yet another potent force on the battlefield.

In Jing and Yue, things remain at peace as Liu Biao stands firm in his position and Shi Xie forces the rebel nobles in Jiao Zhi to back down and flee in the face of a large force.

Battle Summary
(Winner is bolded)

Zi Tong: Zhang Lu vs. Liu Zhang
Result: Zhang Ren is forced to retreat due to food shortages and problems with supply lines.

Nan Pi: Yuan Shao vs. Gongsun Zan
Result: Gongsun is forced back to Bei Ping after losing over 2/3 of his force.

Tian Shui/Chang An: Li Jue vs. Han Sui
Result: Han Sui's army is completely crushed and he is forced to retreat to Tian Shui.

Jian Ye: Sun Ce vs. Taishi Ci
Result: Liu Yong is driven out of the city by Taishi Ci. Taishi Ci surrenders Jian Ye to Sun after a small skirmish.

Pu Yang: Han Fu vs. Lu Bu (Ongoing)
Result: Pu Yang is under siege, Lu Bu retreats to the city.

Result

Pu Yang

Deadline: November 2nd

10-25-2007, 01:03
You Will Pay for Massarcing my Army Li Jue!! I have other things to deal with now....

Han Sui

AggonyDuck
10-25-2007, 01:26
Cheers for another update! This is certainly a nice replacement fix to keep me going during this pause in Sengoku Jidai. :2thumbsup:

King Jan III Sobieski
10-25-2007, 13:05
You Will Pay for Massarcing my Army Li Jue!! I have other things to deal with now....

Han Sui

:smg: :drama3: :hmg: Bwaaahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DemonArchangel
10-25-2007, 17:31
"Li Jue, I will rape your livestock and carry off your wives! Just you wait!"-Lord Shi Xie

King Jan III Sobieski
10-26-2007, 14:03
"Li Jue, I will rape your livestock and carry off your wives! Just you wait!"-Lord Shi Xie

:elephant: Just don't rape my Elephant; I love my elephant!

Seign Thelas
11-02-2007, 01:21
A day til the deadline, and one decision is in.

AggonyDuck
11-02-2007, 17:20
Decisions sent.

11-02-2007, 18:05
:elephant: Just don't rape my Elephant; I love my elephant!

Cute Little elephant! :yes:

Decsions are sent also :yes:

Don Corleone
11-02-2007, 19:47
Lord Yuan Shu,

It is with a heavy heart I put pen to paper to write down my words. My heart breaks from betrayal. We are all sworn subjects of the emperor, but time and again, despite my constant pleading, you have refused to come to the aid of the emperor and put an end to the evils of Li Jue and Guo Si, those filthy dogs that violate the sovereignty of the lotus throne. I can remain silent and inactive no longer.

My lord, I am no longer in your service. I have declared all who aid Li Jue and Guo Si in their wickedness to be my sworn enemy, and sadly, this includes you. I had always hoped you would awaken one day and come to your senses. But your greed has blinded you to the true path, and you cannot see that that which is not in harmony with heaven cannot remain standing here on Earth.

For the glory of the emperor, and to restore him to his righteous throne, I declare war on you Yuan Shu. For your crimes against your emperor, your lands are forefit, but you may yet spare your life. Flee before my wrath. A storm is coming, and there is no shelter for you in Shou Chun. Flee at once, take refuge where you may, and I will leave you be. But remain, and you will fall before my army as the deer falls to the tiger.

And to all others who have participated in the crimes against Heaven and its only son, our noble emperor, repent! Declare your loyalty to the emperor and stand with me against the brigands!

Han Sui! Hold on brother, I come to aid thee! Stay strong!

Don Corleone
11-02-2007, 20:08
I, Lord Sun Ce, loyal servant of the emperor, wish to issue a public proclamation for all my people throughout my lands. My fine people, we fight a just war for a noble cause. There are those who sought to take advantage of the confusion in Chang An for their own ends. They have deposed the emperor, and they take that which is not theirs. I have asked the rest of the noble lords of Zhong guo (OOC: China, I think) to join me in restoring the emperor to his throne, so that we may once again live in harmony with the laws of heaven. Many of them scoff at me, and laugh at the emperor. We cannot tolerate such an insult. I am no king, I am no warlord. I am simply a soldier, who will not rest until he is able to bow down and pay homage to his emperor who once again sits on the Lotus Throne in Chang An. I ask no more, no less of all of you. Remain true to the emperor, in your service to me and in your hearts. Together, we will rid the land of the brigands who plague it. These are dark times, but if we are strong and we fight for the right, we can once again bring peace, harmony and beauty to the land.

seireikhaan
11-02-2007, 20:56
Give me a few extra hours, I'll be getting outta school pretty soon.

seireikhaan
11-03-2007, 00:13
Also, neat speech, Don.:yes:

King Jan III Sobieski
11-04-2007, 00:04
Lord Yuan Shu,

It is with a heavy heart I put pen to paper to write down my words. My heart breaks from betrayal. We are all sworn subjects of the emperor, but time and again, despite my constant pleading, you have refused to come to the aid of the emperor and put an end to the evils of Li Jue and Guo Si, those filthy dogs that violate the sovereignty of the lotus throne. I can remain silent and inactive no longer.

My lord, I am no longer in your service. I have declared all who aid Li Jue and Guo Si in their wickedness to be my sworn enemy, and sadly, this includes you. I had always hoped you would awaken one day and come to your senses. But your greed has blinded you to the true path, and you cannot see that that which is not in harmony with heaven cannot remain standing here on Earth.

For the glory of the emperor, and to restore him to his righteous throne, I declare war on you Yuan Shu. For your crimes against your emperor, your lands are forefit, but you may yet spare your life. Flee before my wrath. A storm is coming, and there is no shelter for you in Shou Chun. Flee at once, take refuge where you may, and I will leave you be. But remain, and you will fall before my army as the deer falls to the tiger.

And to all others who have participated in the crimes against Heaven and its only son, our noble emperor, repent! Declare your loyalty to the emperor and stand with me against the brigands!

Well then,...Lord Sun Ce ......prepare to feel my WRATH!!!
:smg: :pirate2: :pokemon: :hmg:

11-04-2007, 15:30
Lord Yuan Shu,

Yuan Shu,

you are a tratior to the Emperor and to the Heavens. You will be put down, along with your rodent Friend, Li Jue.

My Army were massarced yes, but that was on the mistake of myself, which will not happen again!

I will stay Strong Sun Ce my brother, I will not fall!

AggonyDuck
11-08-2007, 21:37
Are we waiting on someone?

Seign Thelas
11-08-2007, 21:48
Sorry, guys. I'm gonna be accepting orders all weekend, as I really don't have much time to sit and make a new chapter yet. I have a couple papers due in school, and I have to finish those up before I get to anything else. :bow:

Odin
11-16-2007, 16:21
Sorry, guys. I'm gonna be accepting orders all weekend, as I really don't have much time to sit and make a new chapter yet. I have a couple papers due in school, and I have to finish those up before I get to anything else. :bow:

Nice Icon BTW...

Just dropping a note that I have enjoyed the IH so far, good job. Hopefully you all will see this as a word of encouragement that you have a readership.

Seign Thelas
11-16-2007, 20:26
Thanks, Odin. I'm just holding off on doing the next chapter due to a few papers I have to do. Thankfully, they're all due this Monday, which means I'll get around to the chapter either Monday night or in the following day.

MaddenKhan2
11-18-2007, 22:07
if I am still able to join, since there is alot of spots still open, I like to pick Ma Teng. If not, that's ok to.:yes:

Seign Thelas
11-20-2007, 23:04
Yeah you can be in, sorry for the delay, work is a *****. It'll be up within the next couple days.

Seign Thelas
11-25-2007, 00:47
Halfway done with Chapter 5. Everyone sit tight, it will be up early in the morning (2-3 AM) or tomorrow sometime. Working in retail the day after Thanksgiving = Disaster.

AggonyDuck
11-25-2007, 20:54
Great! :2thumbsup:

King Jan III Sobieski
11-26-2007, 20:37
:smg: All must prepare to fall to me!!! :hmg:

Bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dizzy2:

:egypt:

Seign Thelas
11-27-2007, 04:14
Found more time to work on it, guys. Quite possibly may be up tonight.

All done. I'm putting it up tomorrow, as I don't have time to send all the info PMs tonight.

:D

Seign Thelas
11-27-2007, 16:11
Chapter 5

Spring 195

Time passes throughout the land, and thus, warmth returns to the Northern regions. The Lords continue their struggles, and bloodshed is becoming more and more common as the months drag on. The Han now has a powerful antithesis to its far South, and, although far away, it grows ever closer, growing more and more powerful at an alarming rate.

After the Battle of Nan Pi in He Bei, Yuan Shao had decided enough was enough, and determined to put an end to the thorn in his side that is Gongsun Zan, and he marched to Bei Ping in full force. Gongsun, who was a proud general with a great military record, had his son captured at Nan Pi. This threw Zan into a state of despair, as he had already lost a brother to the turbulence. He knew that to keep his family alive, he had to surrender. Two of his generals, however, Zhao Yun, a very skilled warrior general, and Shan Jing, a man of simple talent, vehemently objected to their lord's decision, and left the city before Yuan Shao's occupation with a small band of men, reported to be headed toward the lands of Zhang Yang. The two lords to the south of the Yuans, Liu Bei and Kong Rong, remain quiet during all of this, and seem to be falling behind in the quest for the land. Han Fu seemed to content himself with besieging Lu Bu, and remained outside of his city

Across the land, in Xi, the Qiang-affiliated general, Han Sui had been surrounded by the Lord of Chang An, Li Jue, and his situation seemed dire. His men are outnumbered nearly 2 to 1, and his ally, Ma Teng, has no way of helping him, as Guo Si of An Ding bars the way. Guo Si, despite his affiliation with Li Jue, refused the latter reinforcements, as he seemed to spite Li Jue due to the Emperor showing favor to him. There are even rumors of plots against Li Jue on Guo Si's end.

To the south, Sun Ce had begun his move toward Chang An, championing the restoration of the Han. However, his overlord, Yuan Shu, although inferior in military strength, opposed the restoration of the Han, as he had plans of his own. He stood directly against Sun Ce's men, but soon reports came of a force advancing from the north. These were Zhang Liao's men, a general of Lu Bu. The two pronged attack saw Yuan Shu crushed under foot, and he was forced to hole up in his city of Shou Chun.

Elsewhere in the Central Plains, Cao Cao and Kong Zhou settled into their roles as governors of their respective regions, while Tao Qian, the elderly governor of Xu, lived as little more than a lapdog of Lu Bu. Zhang Yang, the King of Zhou, had earned his title through the swift rebuilding of Luo Yang. The repairs were finished within a season, and he was soon championing the Emperor's cause and calling for Li Jue to "release the captive Son of Heaven." Things in Jing remained somewhat quiet.

In Yi, Zhang Lu has called for peace with the army of Liu Zhang, an offer quickly taken up by the general Zhang Ren, and misinterpreted as a victory by Liu Zhang. Guo Si's men had forced missionaries of the Five Pecks of Rice School out of An Ding through executions and torture, claiming them to be "enemies of the Han." The people under Zhang Lu, however, continued to prosper under his benevolent rule.

In Yue, the now large region of southern China claimed by Shi Xie, who was perhaps the biggest threat to the Han, Shi Xie was also governing his people well. He was able to take Gui Yang for himself and began another advance on Hui Ji, but this time met a combined force of Wang Lang's land army, led by Dong Xi, and Yan Baihu's navy, led by Yan himself. Prior to this encounter, Yue's army had destroyed a small scout army led by Zhou Xin, a general of Yan Baihu, killing Zhou in the process. The allies had set up rather extensive fortifications and blocked passage to Hui Ji. The forces of Shi Xie were largely outnumbered, but set up camp to figure out a way through.

Battle Summary
(Winner is bolded)

Bei Ping: Yuan Shao vs. Gongsun Zan
Result: Gongsun surrenders without a fight.

Tian Shui: Li Jue vs. Han Sui (Ongoing)
Result: Li Jue is advancing on Tian Shui with a huge force.

Pu Yang: Han Fu vs. Lu Bu (Ongoing)
Result: Pu Yang is under siege.

Hui Ji: Shi Xie vs. Wang Lang (Stalemate)
Result: The forces of Wang Lang, under Dong Xi construct fortifications blocking what seems to be the only road to Hui Ji

Pu Yang
Shou Chun
Tian Shui
Hui Ji

Deadline: December 4th, any problems with that date?

Seign Thelas
11-27-2007, 16:32
A few city bonuses(abilities) have been added to the first post as well. ALSO:

I'm taking control of forces which are inactive. The only one at this time that I'm reclaiming control of is Cao Cao. However, if Liu Bei and Liu Biao don't send orders in next turn, I'll have to do the same with them. The people who are/were controlling these factions can easily reclaim them by telling me, but as of now Cao Cao is up for grabs, and NPC controlled for the time being.

Odin
11-27-2007, 17:18
A few city bonuses(abilities) have been added to the first post as well. ALSO:

I'm taking control of forces which are inactive. The only one at this time that I'm reclaiming control of is Cao Cao. However, if Liu Bei and Liu Biao don't send orders in next turn, I'll have to do the same with them. The people who are/were controlling these factions can easily reclaim them by telling me, but as of now Cao Cao is up for grabs, and NPC controlled for the time being.

I'd be intrested in taking Cao Cao if there are no objections?

If thats okay seignthelas please send me a PM with any relevant data I might need. I have never done one of these online before. I cant promise to be good but can promise to be active.

AggonyDuck
11-27-2007, 17:43
A wonderful chapter again. This is really getting in to its own now and I look forward to seeing how the next chapter will turn out líke. :2thumbsup:

Seign Thelas
11-27-2007, 22:05
You got it, Odin, I just am kinda busy right now but you should have the PM by tonight.

Also, so everyone knows, I edited how Trade works a little bit. It should play a larger role in the game now.

Odin
11-28-2007, 00:54
"And so the Han has finally slipped beyond the tipping point, no longer can good men sit and watch as the land is plundered. I have sat silently, investing in Chen Liu its people and welfare and what has become of the great coalition to restore the Han? What has become of the ideals of serving the emperors will? To long we have allowed chaos to reign, and for what? Personal glory, pomp and circumstance."

"It is to this end that I am forced to remind the warlords of the Han their duty to the emperor. The old Han is dead, just the other day we captured 2 spies from Liu Dai of Qiao. His intention is to usurp me in Chen Liu and manipulate rice trade in the central plains to favor his agenda to be lord of the plains."

"This will not be allowed to happen. This was not my choice, I was contented to remain governor of Chen Liu. To live out my days in quiet and write my treatise. My reward? Open hostility, aggression and the suffering of the people. As I write this missive the people of Xu Chang are being put to the sword by Kong Zhou."

"Lord Sun Ce has requested lords to join the cause of restoration of the emperor. To date he has been met with scorn and ridicule. I Cao Cao, governor of Chen liu accept this request as a junior partner to all those who join this alliance. The restoration of the emperor should be paramount to all lords of the Han."

"Han Fu you sir are a noble lord. You know the only true path is the restoration of the Han and not petty wars for monetary gain. Will you spend eternity sieging Pu yang? Will you allow your greed to leave your self exposed to the justice of fate? I will send you my personal representative to parlay, I await your timely reply."

"Li Jue, you have usurped the emperor, you have betrayed the people of the Han and you have forgone wisdom for greed. The die is cast, Sun Ce marches to war against you I will willingly die in the cause to restore the Han. Will you heed the call of the people? "

seireikhaan
11-28-2007, 06:06
Excellent chapter, Seignthelas!

DemonArchangel
11-28-2007, 20:39
"Bah! To the flames with the Han Emperor! China shall fold under the might of the Yue Empire!"-Emperor Shi Xie of Yue.

Caius
11-29-2007, 00:11
"Han Fu you sir are a noble lord. You know the only true path is the restoration of the Han and not petty wars for monetary gain. Will you spend eternity sieging Pu yang? Will you allow your greed to leave your self exposed to the justice of fate? I will send you my personal representative to parlay, I await your timely reply."

What do you want? I will wait for a messenger.

Seign Thelas
11-30-2007, 05:26
GAME NEWS:

Gongsun Du has invaded and conquered the city of Gokoryo on the Korean Peninsula and brought the whole nation under Han rule.

(There is a new city on the map.)

I felt like doing something. So there it is.

Odin
12-06-2007, 21:28
Hows everyone doing? Waiting on a couple of diplomacy PM's and move confirmations.

just stirring the pot a bit seeing if anyone's out there. :thumbsup:

AggonyDuck
12-06-2007, 22:09
Yes, I'm around and I've sent my decisions in.

Seign Thelas
12-13-2007, 03:35
Sorry for the delay, guys, new chapter soon. Holiday season in retail is horrid.

Odin
12-13-2007, 13:49
Sorry for the delay, guys, new chapter soon. Holiday season in retail is horrid.

No problem :thumbsup:

Seign Thelas
12-15-2007, 20:41
One thing left to do before I post everything. But I'm busy for the day. Expect the chapter tonight.

AggonyDuck
12-15-2007, 21:34
:2thumbsup: I'll be waiting with anticipation.

Seign Thelas
12-17-2007, 00:46
Give me a couple of days for the next chapter, guys. That way school will end and I'll have plenty of time.

DemonArchangel
12-19-2007, 13:17
Note: I will be gone from Dec. 20th to Jan. 8th. Between then, my faction will be mostly inactive.

King Jan III Sobieski
12-22-2007, 04:20
:2thumbsup:

Seign Thelas
12-22-2007, 05:56
Last day of school tomorrow. Expect it this weekend.

Caius
12-22-2007, 18:47
Last day of school tomorrow. Expect it this weekend.
I will send the turns and I will try to be active again. Happy b-day, BTW.

Seign Thelas
12-22-2007, 20:01
Caius, are you Han Fu? I don't have your alternate account recorded.

Caius
12-24-2007, 04:42
Caius, are you Han Fu? I don't have your alternate account recorded.
Yes, I'm Han Fu. I changed my name, don't worry.

Don Corleone
12-28-2007, 00:11
Notice to the honorable men of Shao Chun. Listen to me, my brothers. Your honorable service to Yuan Shu is brave and respectable, except you give it to a lord who deserves it not. Yuan Shu has revealed himself to be a brigand, and seeks to take advantage of the emperor's current struggles to fatten his own stores.

While I served Yuan Shu, I shed blood on his behalf, and I laid my sword at his feet. I was his servant, to do with as he would. I did all this because it was as heaven has commaneded it to be... emperor serves the gods, lords serve the emeperor, generals serve the lords, soldiers serve the generals, the farmers serve the soldiers, and the gods serve the farmers. One great circle, each respecting his superior and caring for his inferior.

But Yuan Shu has broken the harmonious circle. He has betrayed the emperor, and indeed, he has betrayed us all. He must be made to pay for his crimes. Your brave defense of him is noted, and I promise, all men who lay down their arms will be paroled with their que intact. But any who continue to fight beyond a fortnight are declaring themselves to support Yuan Shu's choices and will share in his fate. Turn away now, brothers. Send Yuan Shu to me and save Shao Chun from ruin. Indeed, I would urge you to turn your swords, with mine and with Lu Bu's, to defend the emperor from the filthy dog, Li Jue. Every day counts, act now! The glory of our service to the emperor will be told in stories for thousands of years, and we will feast in the halls of the honored servants in the afterlife. Turn Yuan Shu over to me, and help me cleanse the land and restore the emperor, may he reign forever!

Seign Thelas
12-28-2007, 03:33
This update is taking a bit longer because I'm going to try a little something new to keep everything fun. Expect it by Sunday.

Seign Thelas
01-02-2008, 20:16
The holidays were killing me. I got the new feature in, I believe, if it runs smoothly, then we're golden. The new chapter WILL BE tonight. I promise, and sorry for the constant delays for the past 2 or so weeks.

Odin
01-02-2008, 20:26
The holidays were killing me. I got the new feature in, I believe, if it runs smoothly, then we're golden. The new chapter WILL BE tonight. I promise, and sorry for the constant delays for the past 2 or so weeks.

Take your time, its not like its been abondoned. These things take a lot of time.

Seign Thelas
01-02-2008, 23:47
Chapter 6
Summer 195

The heat of summer sets in across the land, and, seemingly in concert with the change of season, the fights across the land intensify. The Central Plains region is in turmoil, as Cao Cao, in an unexpected military strike, attacks Liu Dai at Qiao. Liu's armies do not fare well against the combined might of the brothers Xiahou, Yuan and Dun, and Dian Wei, Cao's trusted bodyguard. Liu Dai's men are forced to retreat to the city of Qiao, in lieu of destruction at the hands of their enemies.

At Shou Chun, the armies of Yuan Shu, the pretender Emperor, have been purged from the land, although Yuan has fled with his family and two of his generals, Ji Ling and Liu Xun, however, where they have gone to is a mystery. Lu Bu's armies, under his officer, Zhang Liao, have claimed the city for themselves, and also captured and executed Yuan Shu's "Imperial" Grand Commander, Zhang Xun. Lu's army was able to take the city easily due to treachery from two of Yuan's commanders: Lei Bo and Chen Lan. These two have left the city and have apparently become bandits in the region around Ru Nan. Sun Ce has also sent men against Tao Qian's stronghold of Xia Pi, but in order to protect against the invasion, Tao surrendered to Sun Ce's ally, Lu Bu, and declared the city to be under Lu's ownership. Sun Ce's force halted to avoid confrontation with his ally.

In the North, Han Fu's men have retreated from Ye, due to a combination of indecisiveness and a lack of food. Yuan Shao's also has decided to bide his time and wait for the time being, although in the meanwhile searching for the fugitives Zhao Yun and Shan Jing. Liu Bei of Ping Yuan, realizing there is nothing for him in the North, flees south and is taken in by Kong Zhou, who grants Liu Bei the governorship of Wan.

In the Southeast, Shi Xie's forces are able to rout Dong Xi's men and advance on the city of Hui Ji. This was made possible through the switch of alliegance of Yan Baihu, the Ruler of Wu. Dong was able to sustain minimal losses, as he saw he was in a bad position and immediately retreated from the battle. Yan Baihu's force of about 7,000, now allied with the forces of Yue, began an advance toward Hui Ji as well. Further to the west, Shi Xie's men were able to take Ling Ling and have begun to build up the defenses of Ling Ling and Gui Yang. Liu Biao, has begun to fortify all of his cities in the case of an attack from Yue.

In the West, Ma Teng's men have wiped out Li Jue's ally, Guo Si, but at the same time, Han Sui has been pushed into a corner by Li's men. However, from the South, Zhang Lu has risen against Li Jue and has pushed into his territory with a large force. This insurgency was halted by a small force led by Jia Xu, Li Jue's head tactician. Jia Xu foresaw the attack and had set up a border guard at Chen Cang, a castle outside of Chang An. However, just as Zhang Lu's men were to commence an assault on the fort, another force appeared on the horizon, the leader, a young man, rode out to the front of his body of troops and shouted: "The Son of Heaven is here! He who raises a sword will pay the dearest cost!" The Emperor Xian had taken up arms in support of Li Jue. He has also declared he wishes to speak to Zhang Lu in private. The battle, for the time being, has halted.

Battle Summary
(Winner is bolded)

Chang An: Zhang Lu vs. Li Jue (Ongoing)
Result: The two armies are stalemated at Chen Cang. The Emperor has personally led a unit to aid Li Jue.

Qiao: Cao Cao vs. Liu Dai (Ongoing)
Result: Cao Cao's army crushes Liu Dai outside of Qiao and then lays siege to the remaining force in the city.

Shou Chun: Sun Ce/Lu Bu vs. Yuan Shu
Result: Lu Bu's army under Zhang Liao determines to assault the city of Shou Chun and easily captures it, as Lei Bo and Chen Lan had defected from within the city. Yuan Shu was able to escape, but it is unknown where he's fled to.

Tian Shui: Li Jue vs. Han Sui (Ongoing)
Result: Han Sui assaults Li Jue's army to no avail, and loses half his force.

Pu Yang: Han Fu vs. Lu Bu
Result: The siege is lifted as Han Fu's men lost the will to fight because of a short food supply.

Hui Ji: Shi Xie/Yan Baihu vs. Wang Lang (Ongoing)
Result: The forces of Wang Lang, under Dong Xi have been routed because of Yan Baihu's betrayal, losses have been surprisingly light on both sides, Hui Ji is now under siege.

Chang An
Tian Shui
Hui Ji
Qiao

You'll notice in the PMs, I've implemented a family system, you have family members in your command. They have 3 stats each: Leadership/Fighting ability (War), Intelligence (IQ), and Conduct (DIP). They will be on a scale of 1-100, and only the Lord in control of the men will know of their stats. These are an indicator as to how well the men will do when given an order to carry out that isn't your Lord doing it. For example: Lord A wants Family Member A to carry out a campaign on City 1. Family Member A has stats of 90/90/10. The Conduct stat is completely null in this case, as it is a battle. He will most likely be very successful in the campaign. These stats can change for better or worse, depending on what the family member does. These stats also have luck associated with them, as in real life. The family will also have ages, locations, and relations to the Lord, for the purpose of choosing an heir in the event of the death of a Lord. The age of your lord is also available. I may put non-historical sons for those Lords who didn't have any historically. If you have a son who is not of age yet, you will have tabs on his development. You can make the person do certain things in order to try and increase their proficiency and groom them for maturity, but you have to come up with things for them to do (ex: study, train with troops, follow along on a campaign and observe). The son (or family member) will be available for military and domestic use when he turns 16. You will not have a number stat for any of the stats of an heir until they are 10 years old, up until that time you will get a gauge of their potential (Excellent, Good, Fair, Weak, Pitiful). All heirs start off weak (in special cases, fair) in all proficiencies, and will develop or get worse in them, depending on what you make them study/do.

Now open for use due to inactivity: Liu Bei and Liu Biao.

Expect PMs tomorrow.

If I took you out due to inactivity, you can reclaim the ruler you lost.

Caius
01-03-2008, 00:22
How do I know who are 'em?

AggonyDuck
01-04-2008, 02:17
Hmmm, interesting. :2thumbsup:

Seign Thelas
01-04-2008, 02:32
PMs are out, map is updated. Happy gaming, guys.

AggonyDuck
01-06-2008, 13:18
Just wanted to say that I'm starting my military service tomorrow. I will still participate, but maybe not as actively.

King Jan III Sobieski
01-09-2008, 23:50
Just wanted to say that I'm starting my military service tomorrow. I will still participate, but maybe not as actively.

Good luck, Agony! :2thumbsup:

DemonArchangel
01-16-2008, 02:21
When's the next post from you coming? And will I finally take Hui Ji? That stupid city's been bugging me for months.

Quintus.JC
01-18-2008, 16:04
Are you lot trying to recreate Romance of the Three Kingdoms series. I played IX a couple of years ago, pretty good game. and they divide it into time periods as well, they should of done that in Rome.

DemonArchangel
01-18-2008, 17:21
As a good Chinese boy, I have that game in my possession. The answer I'm guessing is "yes".

And please Seignthelas, don't let this Interactive die! It's a very fun and unique RP and it would be a shame to see it die.

Seign Thelas
01-18-2008, 18:40
Chill, the pace is kind of slow because I went camping.

DemonArchangel
01-18-2008, 18:50
Oh sorry about my incessant whining then.

DemonArchangel
02-06-2008, 22:15
If seignthelas doesn't revive this in 1-2 weeks, I will personally take over the game. Unless of course, I get word from seignthelas that he will indeed be resuming it.

Caius
02-09-2008, 17:29
If seignthelas doesn't revive this in 1-2 weeks, I will personally take over the game. Unless of course, I get word from seignthelas that he will indeed be resuming it.
You will need to have a lot of PM's from him, as you will need to have all the info. What will you do if you dont get any info from him?

DemonArchangel
02-09-2008, 18:21
I'll try to create a baseline by having all the players forward their most recent PMs from Seignthelas to me. I will then have to give away my faction to another player. From there, I will start from scratch I suppose.

King Jan III Sobieski
02-11-2008, 05:08
:inquisitive: :help: :inquisitive: What's going on???

DemonArchangel
02-11-2008, 15:26
Seignthelas hasn't been active in this thread for over a month, so I will take over the IH if he doesn't come back. I really don't want this to die.

(Although I might not have time either, due to work).

DemonArchangel
02-14-2008, 00:53
Screw it, no time.

King Jan III Sobieski
02-14-2008, 04:05
Screw it, no time.

:dizzy2: :no: :jawdrop: ~:( :gah:

DemonArchangel
02-14-2008, 21:42
I was going to take over, but I have no time, and frankly Seignthelas does it better.

King Jan III Sobieski
02-15-2008, 04:27
I was going to take over, but I have no time, and frankly Seignthelas does it better.

:embarassed: ~:mecry: ~:( ~:shock: :gah: