PDA

View Full Version : Culture

Daithi MacGuillaCathair
09-06-2007, 15:49
Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but does anyone know if culture will have any effect on the game? I dont like the idea of capturing a large indian city and the next turn being able to churn out elite european units

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
09-06-2007, 21:40
Europa Barbarorum does that with areas of recruitment, meaning that you can't recruit your best troops everywhere, but only in a core area of your empire. I would recommend that system to CA.

Rhyfelwyr
09-06-2007, 22:51
I remember someone saying cultures are implemented in the Britannia campaign in Kingdoms. It works in percentages like religion in vanilla M2TW, and you have to have certain levels at your own factions culture to produce your own units. Not as detailed as EB's system, but it shows CA are looking at things like that, which is promising for ETW.

Daithi MacGuillaCathair
09-07-2007, 11:50
well i bought kingdoms but havent had a chance to play it as me computers knackered , but if culture is added , i would very much like to see it impléménted in the néw gamé. i think it would be better than just allowing your core regions to build the units as it could allow the focus of your or center of your empire to shift over time.

do you recon it would allow you to recruit certain local units too, for example if you conqoured egypt recently you could recruit some local arab units?

Fate
09-07-2007, 12:39
well i bought kingdoms but havent had a chance to play it as me computers knackered , but if culture is added , i would very much like to see it impléménted in the néw gamé. i think it would be better than just allowing your core regions to build the units as it could allow the focus of your or center of your empire to shift over time.

do you recon it would allow you to recruit certain local units too, for example if you conqoured egypt recently you could recruit some local arab units?

Yeh, it wouldnt suprise me, like if the British took india, after twenty turns theyd have the ability to recruit Gurkhas. Or perhaps they could be recruitable from the moment that you capture the area, but the recruitment prices are sky high, to represent a turn coat factor.

Zarky
09-07-2007, 14:40
In Britannia campaing there´s culture which works exactly like religion, expects there´s no priests. And if there´s enough foreing culture, you can train and retrain their units until your culture takes over.
In E:TW i think both should be implanted. There´s culture but there´s still religion, and make the penalties on too low own religion or culture less than it´s now, or all settlements would be at 0% Public order

GFX707
09-10-2007, 04:23
You're right. There's far too much spamming in the last few CA offerings. Spamming of annoying voice messages on the battlefield, spamming of full stacks on VH, spamming of agents....the list goes on.

I hope they start from scratch with the campaign and interface on ETW.

Yeah, for example, you can train Welsh Longbowmen as Scotland while their culture is higher than yours in a settlement....or english billmen as the Welsh.