PDA

View Full Version : TW2 Kingdoms

Lordy
09-06-2007, 18:25
As its been released has anyone had a chance to play it yet? Im waiting for mine, i pre-ordered it but it hasnt come yet, usually play.com get it to u on release day :(

Also will kingdoms be usefull for the warhammer mod or is it too early to tell at this stage?

I want my copy now play.com now! :furious3:

Enthes
09-06-2007, 23:01
i used play and got it straight away :beam:

and yes it is great like all TW games, few good things that it could bring to the mod like static forts on the campaign map.

Dogman55
09-06-2007, 23:43
Yup! Good Game! Fun in all Campaigns except the Teutonic one (My personal opinion) Only a substitute, not a replacement, for this mod though!

Jargon
09-07-2007, 08:49
I think bwian has mentioned that the first version of WarhammerTotal War will not be Kingdoms based. The new features it offers may mean that a transition to the expansion will eventually happen (special abilities for units is just too good to ignore)

Jargon
09-08-2007, 10:56
Just got Kingdoms, the new additions would really great for adding personality to Warhammer somewhere down the line. I wonder if the new options in each of the campaigns can now be mixed and matched for all factions?

Some general ideas:

The Barons Alliance: could work for any Warhammer faction, but more likely for the more treachurous races like Chaos, Skaven and orcs. Having a rowdy rebellion appear every so often is definetly an Orcs thing, not really going to happen for the Dwarves, High Elf, Tomb Kings etc.

Forts: Every faction can use

Emerging Champion: Every faction can use

Rebellion on the Welsh Border: Useful maybe for more fractured, less organised factions maybe like Skaven and orcs? Especialy if the faction is only one tribe or clan, represents its growth and dominance.

Dynamic Kings Purse: Every faction

Power Centres: Every faction could have a power centre

Victory Condition- Hold Settlement: Every faction

Knightly Order: Great for Imperial sects like Ulric and Sigmar or Knigths of the Blazing Sun, phoenix order for High Elves, each of the clans for Skaven etc.

Heroes: Every faction

Hero Abilities: They are mostly morale boosters that leaders and 'spell-casters' could use. Byzantine Politics is a good 'offensive' spell, 'light of the faith' and 'flower of chivalry' are defensive buffs, 'Rightesouness of Faith' and "Heart of the lion' would make for good general skills. These should help make the hero units more important, which is mor ein line with the table top game.

Teutonic Order no family tree option: This will get rid of the marriage problem for some of the races like Undead, Tomb King, Chaos and Skaven, where 'marrying' doesnt really seem appropriate.

Teutonic order castle driven option: Not sure who whould need this.

Teutonic order religion affects recruitment: This could be very useful, perhaps the most useful fo all the new options. Used for every faction. This way a High Elf army can't invade a Tomb King city, and immediantly start producing high elf spearmen, it first needs to invest some time increasing its influence there.

Lithuania Converting Religions: maybe a chaos thing? Not sure if needed.

Lithuania building options: PERFECT for chaos. Choose between the chaos gods and you can build god specific units, but cannot build the other lines. This would work great.

Crusading nobles: Empire Knights of the Blazing Sun maybe?

Denmark Union of Kalmar: What if Dwarves were to retake all their old cities, or a single skaven clan took over every skaven rat hole? perhaps they could be rewarded this option as a benefit, representing the fact that they have become a true faction now.

hanseatic League: Not sure, seems interesting though.

New Spain prestige: Could be used as favours given to a Chaos player when he makes a god happy, or maybe the Council of Thirteen awarding a skaven player. The Elector Counts praising the Emperor, Phoenix for high Elves, Dwarf Keep lords etc.

New Spain settlements Cities only: maybe for Skaven, they really arnt into building high walls.

New Spain settlements ports are vital: Dont think is useful, no factions survives purely by water. Or, maybe for High Elves, representing their reliance on Ulthuan?

New Spain recruiting mercenaries: interesting option, don;t know if its vital though.

Mesoamerican sacrifice: Perfect for Tomb Kings, maybe Undead as well.

Mesoamerican Nomads: orcs?

Mesoamerican ceremonial dances: Usefull for revery faction, just rename it something appropriate.

Mesoamerican warpath: Sounds like an orc Waaagggh to me. Its not locked to a specific religion I think, so that could mean it is less troublesome then Jihads. Not sure.

Enthes
09-08-2007, 20:00
you should exsplain what ecvh one does as allthough i have played kingdoms i dont know what evryone of those things are :help:

Pantsalot
09-08-2007, 22:46
Since Bwian has not been on long I for now will take it that he is spending
his time on kingdoms so might be a while for reply. Though here's a reply
that he sent to me months ago when I asked him what he was going to do
when the kingdoms release was out so that it might help u..

The Kingdoms expansion is another unknown. We are makinghte mod for the original game, not the expansion. If we fall into the trap of converting over, we end up slowing down releases and making it so that there are fewer people able to play the mod.

If, when it comes, Kingdoms brings with it features that we absolutely must have that the stock game won't let us, then we would have to consider a port over to the expansion.... but we will wait and see.

Don't forget...the Alexander add-on to RTW was virtually unmoddable with the RTW toolset... and this could happen again!

However it goes, the initial release of this mod will be for M2TW, not Kingdoms.

@Enthes: u should prob look at the instruction manual, but most importantly
is that the warhammer modders know about this, so I don't think we should
really put another huge post describing about all of what Jargon just said
in full.

Jargon
09-09-2007, 02:54
Yeah i couldn't be bothered writing out what they currently did in-game, just ideas for how they could be translated for Warhammer terms.

All the new features would help flesh out some of the factions (pagan god selection for Chaos, hero abilities, and teutonic order no family tree come to mind) for later down the line, but are certainly not vital for an enjoyable game.

Bwian
09-09-2007, 14:53
The choice of whether or not to build the mod around the latest expansion is a tricky one.

On one side, it may bring some advantages in terms of some new gameplay features. That would be nice.

On th eother side, it then limits the mod to only those players who do go out and buy it. Right now, that doesn't include me for a variety of reasons ( finances included ) which would make it impossible for me to actually find out if what we have will migrate smooothly across.

Personally, I intend to carry on development for a release based on teh core game, and then afterwards look at porting it all over. This should be a simpler process, and allow a maximum availability for the mod.

Right now, though, I am more focused on the actual mod, in between some serious real-life work and family issues which are really eating up my free time in a way I am not liking.

Spankfurt
09-09-2007, 17:45
One important question. Will I have to uninstall kingdoms to dl the mod? or can i just dl it and run the oroginal medieval 2?

Bwian
09-09-2007, 21:43
Assuming it follows the same pattern as previous expansions, then there is no need to uninstall... it would just run from the M2TW shortcut, not the new one.

Spankfurt
09-10-2007, 21:37
sahweet. Anyone else love the music in the brittania Campaign?

Pantsalot
09-15-2007, 16:32
Yeah, they did pretty gj on music, hated the RTW fighting music.

@Bwian: Shouldn't we just do what the NTW2 makers did & release it
as an expansion so that it is not as vital to have, & not to make too many
new units in it, I guess the actual main problem is if u guys have time or r
still willing to do an Expansion to this mod.

Bwian
09-16-2007, 21:48
Should be possible to port most of it over without too much extra work. As long as the models don't need messing about with!