PDA

View Full Version : A sword with no Country

Julian the apostate
09-06-2007, 20:20
Alright i've decided that for the large part it will be whatever option recieves two votes first and that option will be taken even if it is a deviation from the options given. These deviations are definately welcomed as well and i think i'm going to try and do short entries and submit every day so if there is no definative winner the.n it'll wait

here we go
I am not a king or a great man. A noble yes, but one who owns no land. I have only my youth and my sword. I would not even be so bold as to call myself a good man. I am young and my life may turn in many ways. As i have read the tales of history, stories of massacres and barbarism, I wondered whether i would do the same. Whether my star would rise as one to be feared or loved. Whether i would even be known at all, like so many soldiers throughout time. My name is Taduz and i was once a Pole. I would still call myself that but i have no land. No country any longer. I am certainly not a Russian even though that is what Country now claims this land.

It is a new year 1795, now with our last hope Kosciuszko's Uprising destroyed.

There are many places that i can go
In France, the people have taken control. Perhaps a Republic like dear Poland will be formed.

A. Find your way to France and try and enlist

In England, There is already a Parlimentary Gov. They are a strong people and surely would be proud to have a true cavalry man in their ranks

B. TO England or atleast to Hanover

America, as well holds a certain allure, it is a new world and one of our own helped in that great revolution. Perhaps there i could make myself a name and take land

C. To America, manifest destiny

D-X Any other place that you can think of,

Seign Thelas
09-06-2007, 20:44
C. America

>.>

AggonyDuck
09-06-2007, 21:58
A) France is definately the land of great possibilities in this time and age.

CountArach
09-06-2007, 22:23
B - To France!

DemonArchangel
09-07-2007, 01:19
C.) AMERICA F*** YEAH!

Julian the apostate
09-07-2007, 01:50
(just noticed that tying vote by Demon Archangel after i wrote this, looks like it got sent in while i wrote this) So our hero will mantain his path but i may add another option to reach America later because of this.

As i look at my supplies i realize that i don't have enough money to get off continent, atleast not without spending most of my money. France seems to be the only way to go. There will be action there to be certain of. With action comes wealth. Something unfortunately i do not have much of at the moment. I do have one advantage though, i can use any weapon i find especially the sword at my side. My father was an odd man and had me trained in far more than simply the mounted art of the lancer. I know how to shoot, duel, use the lance of course and have seen some action with knives.
While i have a sword and my horse, spozniac (slow), i know that i may need more to make it across the multiple borders and lands that i will need to cross to reach my destination. I have a few hundred Złoty and hopefully will be able to trade for more equipment at one of the many traders along the way. I fear that finding weapons in Poland will be difficult with the previous rebellion meaning everyone is watchful for someone buying up guns.
you have 350 zlotys (you have to make the choice of what you think our hero should be given)
Question 1
A. Buy weapons here in poland you will need them on the road. (just give me a list of what you feel he should be armed with, you may need money for bribes later)
- blunderbus - 100 zlotys
- Musket - 200 zlotys
-hunting rifle - 350 zlotys
-good shot (primarily for rifles) - 50 zlotys for 100 cartridges
-bad shot (weaker quality, irregular shaped balls) -20 zlotys for 100 cartridges
-Better horse - 600 zlotys
-Meat and food - 10 Zlotys - 10 kgs of meat a massive amount
---------
You also have the option of selling your horse, the nag is worth at least 150 zlotys but it would mean taking quite a bit more time to reach your destination. Your sword as well an heirloom can be sold for 125 zlotys if need be. It is valuable to you of course but if you must survive
Organized choices for A
1.A Sell horse
. B Don't sell horse
2. A. Sell the saber
B. Don't sell the saber

B. THe bastard trader is a Russian, you know that he has no friends in these woods and it would take a while for his comrades to know if he was slain. While he has a few men with him surely you can "test out" what you were planning on buying. It may bring men after you but it would also bring you the money to get to France with ease

C. He is not worth your time, You will buy your weapons where they are of better quality to glorious France. Perhaps it will come with enlisting and cost you nothing
- Only buy meat for the journey, you will of course need to eat - 10 zlotys

D. Wait until you get midway there in Germany and there purchase weapons for yourself
- Only buy meat for the journey, you will of course need to eat - 10 zlotys

Question 2
You also have the question of where you wish to go.
A. To the Front on the Rhine !!!
B. TO PARIS
C. TO THE NETHERLANDS, find the French invasion force

Sorry the arming things gonna be complicated, i figured it'd be entertaining though if you got to choose

Seign Thelas
09-07-2007, 01:53
B. **** that Russian up.

DemonArchangel
09-07-2007, 04:21
B.) **** him up.

Julian the apostate
09-07-2007, 05:08
I smile at the Russian swine as he stares at my clothes judging me. He knows that i have money and he smiles back at me. He thinks that i'm the fool and is obliging, letting me try anything i want so that i can spend all of my money at his lousy overpriced stand. I ask for his two best rifles and a musket to test and he smiles even wider. There is money for him to make. Slowly the locked chests are opened by his guards and loaded. Carelessly the first rifle was given to me and i was pointed towards the target.
I aimed at it the target and slowly pulled my finger down, letting down pressure right at the threshold. "Its not firing, Russian," i howled harshly at the trader, "the next gun, damnit". The man was horrified. Demanding that all the guards give their guns to his new client. Guns were pushed onto the table behind me another shoved into my other hand. I watched as they nervously smiled at me, hopeful that the next weapon would atleast fire this once before breaking on me. I smiled back as my hands found the trigger and my arms braced for the blast of the two rifles. This was going to hurt.
"BAMM"
The two closest guards slammed backwards and the rest stood in shock for a moment. I dropped the next two with a brace of pistols on the table next to me as the first of them began to react. There were two left, now. The worthless trader of course was hiding in one of the tents. The final two guards were unsure of what to do, largely hired muscle without much experience. They fired quickly without any thought of aiming while i sat behind one of the tables waiting. I liked the rifles or at least the two that i had fired. The one in my hands now however was beautiful. The barrel had a beautiful blue tone to it and simply felt perfect. I aimed slowly, trying to get an idea of where they hid among the myriad of tables. I hit the first one perfectly, punching a whole through one of the solid tables that was followed by a pained scream.
In a few seconds, the last guard finailly surrendered and i held the camp. Unfortunately this led to a dilema. What to do with my prisioners
1. What do you do with the remaining guard and the trader
A. Shoot them
B. Tie them to a tree
C. Let them go with a false idea of where your going
2. There are horses and rifles as well as dozens of other options in the camp. The roads however will soon be guarded and you must decide whether you want to choose roads or take the forest paths
A. Bring horses and take the roads
B. Take the forest paths
Unfortunately or fourtunately, Several villagers have also appeared. They have taken weapons and some have pledged to follow you not many of course only a few (5). You know that having men under your command will help when you reach franch but it will make it almost impossible to hide. There are atleast 20 men comming out of the surrounding forest. many want you to lead them in a new revolt and to protect them from Russians like the demons you just shot.
A. Stay in Poland and defend your people
B. Bring the young men willing to join with you and arm them
C. Leave them and get out as fast as you can

(this one will take longer to work out with 3 different sets of choices)

Seign Thelas
09-07-2007, 05:49
1. A. Shoot them. No reason to let them live.
2. A. Take the horses and take the roads. Be fast.
3. B. Take and arm them. Strength in numbers.

DemonArchangel
09-07-2007, 17:58
A.) Not worth the powder. Stab them to death.

B.) Take the horses and be fast

C.) Arm the young men.

Ayachuco
09-21-2007, 06:04
1.A Shoot Them
2.B Use the woods as a ops base
3.A Stay in Poland and prevent the Russians from making your people serfs

Julian the apostate
09-21-2007, 22:10
alright still don't have a winner for the third option

AggonyDuck
09-21-2007, 23:30
B. Bring the young men willing to join with you and arm them

Warluster
09-21-2007, 23:59
1 A
2 A
3 B

shlin28
09-22-2007, 11:46
1A
1A
2B

Seign Thelas
09-26-2007, 18:19
Newwwwwww chapter?! :)

Julian the apostate
09-26-2007, 19:48
Slowly, nervously I stare at the peasants around me. They have no where to go now with a dead Russian on their hands and already taxed into poverty. I stare at them pitying them for the first time in my life and seeing us as we were: one people. "Brothers," I screamed into the night air, "sons of Poland, All that will come with me. We march to new futures and brighter hopes in France" and with that we were off. There were five young men with me and then one older man. We rode furiously through the night and then rested and hunting during the day, avoiding travellers. Even after we'd crossed the border into Prussia. I am however at one Dilema? How do I train them? they are not Nobles and I doubt I have to train them as horsemen but will their lives mean anything as line infantry once we reach France. I fear they will not. Also I do not know where in France we are to go? There is Paris and then the border forts as well as a dozen other locations all with their own recruiters and power schemes. And another thing, do I pay them? I know that they are only serfs but they work like dogs for me expecting nothing. Should I reward them nonetheless

1 Training
A. Rifles
B. Musket
C. Pikes?
D. try to teach them the horse
2. Where do we enlist
A. Paris
B. The border
C. The south
3. How do you work with the serfs
A. Pay them
B. promise them a share in loot
C. They volunteered for this and moreover are lower class

Rodion Romanovich
09-27-2007, 18:23
1 Training
A and D (not for fighting on horseback, but for moving fast between fights)

2. Where do we enlist
C :2thumbsup:

3. How do you work with the serfs
B. promise them a share in loot

shlin28
09-27-2007, 18:57
1A
2C
3B

Seign Thelas
09-27-2007, 19:22
1. A
2. A
3. A

>.>

Ayachuco
09-28-2007, 03:32
1.A
2.C
3.B

Julian the apostate
09-28-2007, 04:45
The French border is rife with small groups of citizen guards and other town militias that guard the border nervous and xenophobic. We can barely communicate with eachother even though my french is flawless, their language, however, is filthy with slang and curses. Our fervor for their cause, however, wins them to our side and wins us valuable information. French troops have occupied Amsterdam and are continuing to march forward. Indeed it seems that the south is not entirely what we thought it would be. However there is still some hope, we have not run out of food and we are clearly well received. Thus we yet again face several options. The town mayor also confirms that there are bandits about. How do we deal with that question as well
1. Do we stray from the path
A. head north
B. stay south
C. stay on the frontier
2. Also there is the question of the bandits
A. stay on alert at all times and try and move only at night
B. Hunt the hunters, find the bandits and kill them
C. move through the country as fast as possible, its too dangerous not too
3. The men demand to go to Church as well, They are used to only having mass every few months when a priest can be spared but they expect it now for some reason
A. Ignore the demand, God will forgive you after you gain glory
B. Return to God
C. sarcastically attack the demand
D. let them go if they ever are near a priest

Rodion Romanovich
09-28-2007, 09:09
1B
2C
3B

shlin28
09-28-2007, 16:22
1C
2A
3D

Ayachuco
09-28-2007, 16:41
1.B
2.A
3.D

Julian the apostate
09-28-2007, 17:21
The bumbling idiots, I have under my command have finally learned some sense of stealth albiet its not that they are actually capable of applying it outside of when they don't need to. Their riflery has in fact improved with practice and for once food comes from a source other than myself. Wee can sustain ourselves here but odd rumors have come from some of the surrounding cities. They say that Napoleon is actually not in the North but planning on staging an attack on Milan and the Cities of Northern Italy. He is not a tremendously well known man but i have heard stories of short stature and grapeshot in Paris. It is most likely our best chance of action now that France and Spain have declared Peace. There are other questions as well. With only 10 men at my command we will be integrated into another corps and company. Perhaps even seperated but there are options
1. Where we goin?
A. to napoleons army stationed nearby
B. to milan
C. North
D. any other random direction
2. We do not have a full company of men
A. Try to conscript local farmers, we have weapons to give them but the language barrier may be a problem
B. The men are for my benifit not I for theirs, when we reach Napoleons army I will join the cavalry and they will find a place wherever they can
C. Attempt to find a Polish regiment in the French army whenever you find one

shlin28
09-28-2007, 17:57
1A
2B

Ayachuco
09-28-2007, 18:17
1.A
2.A

Rodion Romanovich
09-28-2007, 20:05
1B
2C

Seign Thelas
09-28-2007, 20:09
1. A
2. C

Tiberius of the Drake
10-05-2007, 02:42
1.A
2.C

Julian the apostate
10-09-2007, 17:47
Alright after this one we'll get down to the actual fighting and things

As I reach the Polish army, my ragged band of volunteers and I are greeted uneasily by the camp guards. I speak french of course but none of my men so and so we are greated of course as foreigners and spies some of them even confusing our noble language for dirty german. Nonetheless we are let in eventually and reach a major willing to sign us all into his troop and to rearm us with muskets. We find a pole, however, who promises he can get us into a troop of lancers we are less prepared for this role but it would be easier for the men linguistically.
My next problem is how do I pay the men. Should i give them men their enlistment bonus.
Finally of course, there is the trouble of uniforms. I need a design and colors of course albiet everything costs.

1. Who do I join?
A. The French Infantry
B. The Lancers
C. Some say that with the tyroleans and others ahead Napoleon may take on some riflemen. Attempt to keep your weapons and act as freelance skirmishers
2. HOw do I pay them
A. Pay out everything evenly.
B. Keep a tenth, I am afterall the comander
C. Pay them in booze worth a tenth of what they deserve and let them loot the rest after battle
A. Take on the uniform of your unit
B. Random voter suggested uniform (anything as random as the papal guard uniform)

Seign Thelas
10-09-2007, 17:53
1. B
2. A
3. B: Completely Red Uniforms with Masks. The Red Devils! Hurray Sengoku Jidai.

shlin28
10-09-2007, 21:33
1C
2A
3B- Black with 28 stars on the uniform :laugh4:

Ayachuco
10-10-2007, 03:28
1.B
2.A
3.B-how about a red jacket w/green pants with a Russian double-headed eagle with one of its heads chopped off.on the back of the coat

Warluster
10-11-2007, 08:25
1.C
2.A
C.A

DemonArchangel
10-21-2007, 02:54
Dress un-sportingly.
In camouflage.

Rodion Romanovich
10-24-2007, 16:57
1C
2B
3B, camouflage wasn't invented at the time, I think, so how about all black? Good for sneaking at night!

Julian the apostate
10-24-2007, 22:47
With the 25 men I already have under my command as well as the fact that they already come with swords and some arms, I have been given a company. They aren't much but I have declared us the black company. dressed purely in black with black facemasks as well. As we advance on Milan there are a few final decisions to be made, however, as your troop is sent out ahead. Do you bring guns or mantain your traditional lances and swords only? How do you march? and of
1. Guns?
A. YAY
B. NAY for glory
2. Advance in
A. march in column it'll be faster even if a tad dangerous
B. march in lines still close together
C. Staggered lines
D. Groups of X number of men
3. and of course where do I go
A. as the spearhead to lead any action
B. in the center to be close to all of my men
C. in reserve with the best of my men

Seign Thelas
10-24-2007, 22:54
1. Guns?
B. NAY for glory

2. Advance in
C. Staggered lines

3. and of course where do I go
A. as the spearhead to lead any action

Rodion Romanovich
10-25-2007, 08:22
1A
2C
3A

shlin28
10-25-2007, 11:36
1A
2B
3B

Ayachuco
10-25-2007, 15:00
1.A
2.C
3.B

Vorenus
11-09-2007, 02:13
1. A
2. D
3. A

Tiberius of the Drake
11-09-2007, 02:23
1.)A
2.)C
3.)B

Julian the apostate
11-11-2007, 18:54
The road to Milan is rocky as you venture through the alps. Your second command demands that your men stay unmounted but you refuse believing that it would be to dangerous with your company divided in half.

He was right though or so it seems as your men lazily search each pass and valley slowly. There are peasants of course in the hills and a few travellers but nothing suspicious, just rolling hills and mountains

and then you hit the river...small but still impossible to ford. Thats when you begin to hear the shots. Your second squadron is still a little behind, taking up the rear. It is they who are being hit by these shots. The snipers are aiming at the horses meaning that this second squad will not be able to ride out of the situation.
1. What do you do?
A. Ride to your second squads aid immediately and bolster their position in the center.
B. Same as A, just dismounted
C. Attempt to flank the snipers or where you think they are on horse
D. Same as C, just dismounted
E. get the hell out
2. Also what would you have your trapped men in the second squad do, you have a horn meaning there is atleast a slight chance of them hearing order.
A. order them to hold making a circle within the dead horses
B. charge at the snipers
C. Run towards your position
D. Run the oppisite way
E. put up the white flag (whether to truely surrender or not is unknown)
3. oddly, you certainly didnt expect it. Your masks while terrifying get in the way of the whole breathing and seeing things.
A. Keep them on, fear will break our enemies
B. Take them off, bullets will destroy our enemy

shlin28
11-11-2007, 20:10
1C
2A
3A

Ayachuco
11-26-2007, 18:14
The AAA Advantage for me!
1.A
2.A
3.A

Tiberius of the Drake
01-18-2008, 03:02
i guessin this is dead...

Rodion Romanovich
01-19-2008, 20:37
1C
2E
3B

Julian the apostate
01-20-2008, 07:13
As your men furiously charge through the woods, you notice not only your force slowly deteriorating but also that the forest almost seems to be closing in. You decide that it could just be your mask though and you ride on a little longer until deciding that undeniably you are going where right where the ambushers want you... Decision time ... but not before a volley comes crashing through the forest killing many of your men's horses

1. Okay seriously do you want the masks on as terrifying as they are? They got you into this trap
A. Hell yea
B. Hell no
2. Half of your men have been dishorsed and a few are injured do you?
A. Leave them and run away
B. Dismount and form a circle around them
C. Charge out
3. You still also have the other men, the ones who had been initially ambushed by the other flank of the enemy
A. Have them hold
B. Call them to you
C. Order them into the other set of woods to find the other set of enemies

I'm sorry I though I said that I wanted this to work by whenever every decision had two people agreeing to the same choice
like this essentially. I would only need two people except for the third question in which there is no clear agreement. The third person however does accomplish this by giving us a distinct choice for question 3
person 1 Person 2 Person 3
1. A A S
2. B B D
3. C Z Z

Vladimir
01-25-2008, 17:35
1. A with them on you might as well place a coin over each eye slit

2. C of the kill zone and flank the ambushers

3. B with a mental note that if you survive this, practice your reacting to ambush drills

Rodion Romanovich
01-25-2008, 19:58
I agree, ACB

Julian the apostate
04-10-2008, 23:12
Filled with a new sense of energy as bullet fly toward you, you throw off your mask, smirking at the men hidden in the trees. Without the mask you can even see a few of them. Your pistols manage to find them too as you and your men try and drive through the ambush and reach a safe place to reorganize. It seems from how things are going without masks that you may not even need to as your men drop sniper after sniper from the trees. Even those that remain are slowly cut apart as your second platoon slowly advances firing accurately into the trees. Even so you are losing more men and even having removed this ambush, there is still the question of whether or not it is worth it all and you will retain your comand

1. The battle isn't quite over yet
A. get off the horses to maintain accuracy
B. Run Away
C. Try and burn the entire forest down
2. You have lost a good number of men and horses. will you even retain your command if you return
A. Flee to any direction and find a safe haven
B. defect to the other side and pretend you don't know what happened to the ambushers
C. Fall back to Napoleons army, things happen and I'm sure the army will understand
D. Stay in the field and continue the recon mission
3. The ground is now litered with bloodstained uniforms of both sides. Once this battle is over it might be useful to take the enemy uniforms. It would certainly give you the heads up against any other ambushes or atleast those that the Italians are trying to pull. With Napoleon coming it might not be worth the risk of friendly fire
A. take the ambushers uniforms-your own are too gaudy anyways
B. Divide half and half, that way you can pretend the other half are prisoners if it comes to that
C. keep your old uniforms. They were expensive enough anyways.
3. Uniforms

Vladimir
04-11-2008, 21:44
1. A
2. D
3. C

You're confusing me on 3. Take the uniforms and anything of value but keep wearing your own.