PDA

View Full Version : New Formations AI

Red Spot
09-07-2007, 06:49
Am currently remaking the formations, they are (better said; "it is") not that bad, it however is only made for armies on normal-scale and therefor always ends up with a somewhat squashed army if playing on large or huge-scale and stretched on small-scale.

I'm looking into what is possible partially in respect to Darth Vaders RTW-research on formations, wich already seems to be very diff. from each other in certain areas, though certain lessons can still be aplied in MTW2.

Musketeers/Arquebusiers are not taken into account for the very simple reason that the AI with a combined army by default sucks in using these very long range shooters.(I can get them to form a group of their own but this would also include mounted-gunners and I rather keep (dis)mounted apart from one an other)

Currently I've pretty much redone the main formations (plain battle-field) and am up to a level with it that 2 out of 3 times the AI WINS!!(identical armies, diff. tactics)

Now I'm not that fast on just proving links, so I'd like to know if people are interested in this once finished and in what unit-scales they play the game.

G

DaVinci
09-26-2007, 16:27
It's always a good approach to modding the AI formations.

I have to say, that if you wanna offer this modification to a wider ordiance, you should provide an AI formations balance, that works for every unit scale, and not only for the NORMAL setting. As well, every kind of unit should get a consideration, as well siege and bridge battles.

You can find ie. Darth' Battle AI for M2 as a reference (not only his RTW work), perhaps as a base for your personal adjustments etc.?