PDA

View Full Version : Unique Music mod for each faction

Rex_Pelasgorum
09-07-2007, 15:10
EB`s music is great, but sometimes i feel that each of us would want to hear unique music for each faction, especially if we are emotionally attached to certain factions, we consider them to be our ancestors, etc.

My mod idea started with the Getae. I am caming from a certain area of Romania where the local population is descended directly from the Daco-Getic populations, and the link to the prehistoric past is still visible, despite the passing of 2000 years.

I have so decided to came up with this proposal of a mod, wich should contain music for each faction. Music should not be realised just with simple, ancient instruments... the purpose of the music in this mod, would be, in my opinion, to make the player immerse better in the atmosphere.

The system would work in the following way : before you start Rome TW and EB, you install using a batch file, the music files for the faction you wish to play. For example, if you want to play a Casse campaign, you first install the Casse music files, then you start RTW-Eb and play the campaign.

I would have made it myself, howewer i do not yet understand well to mod, and i do not know how to make such a batch file program. Howewer, i have already music prepared for the following factions :

THE GETAE (Dacia)
HAYASTAN (Armenia)

I plan also to get some nice music for Casse. They are an interesting and quite exotic faction, at least for me.

Anyone who wish to colaborate, please contact me on PM.

with friendship and respect,
Rex

P.S: i think there is no problem in using music taken from the internet. Also, the legislation (at least in my country), does not prohibit the usage of copyrighted work if you use it for yourself and not in commercial purposes. And making a free mod is no commercial purpose.

TWFanatic
09-07-2007, 15:57
I believe that new music is coming out with the new version of EB, but for all I know it could be a year from completetion.:wall:

So I love your idea. I have some perfect music for Celtic factions (ripped from CD onto my computer), though I have no clue what to do with it. Let me know and I'll gladly contribute.