PDA

View Full Version : Counting bodies like sheep (or Goths, Huns and Vandals to be more precise)

Long lost Caesar
09-08-2007, 17:02
Well i absolutely love this mod, and ive gotta say great work to all involved. Western Rome, being the underdogs, were my first choice, and ive battered the barbarians and created an empire to last centuries.
But thats what confuses me: I thought this was going to be a real struggle, with each faction making incursions into my lands and heroic stands. But instead of attacking Rome on the first turn the Visigoths just had a little prance about the region, and eventually all 3 (or 4) of their horde armies were crushed in a battle by reinforcements sent from Gaul, and they now trouble only the north of Europe.
So I have a question: why is it so easy to defeat the barbarians? Even with their strong armies the Goths broke against the shield wall and were hunted down by my boys, and to be honest it left me feeling...TOO victorious! Anybody who has a solution or some input, much thanks, because Im sure its not right when 1500 romans slaughter 4000 Goths and lose only a few hundred of their own soldiers:thumbsdown:
PS-im not trying to annoy anybody who made this, its a great game. i just wondered if one of the experts could help :beam:

Rex_Pelasgorum
09-12-2007, 14:49
Play on Hard battle difficulty level.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
09-12-2007, 14:55
Well i absolutely love this mod, and ive gotta say great work to all involved. Western Rome, being the underdogs, were my first choice, and ive battered the barbarians and created an empire to last centuries.cheers to that:smiley2:

But thats what confuses me: I thought this was going to be a real struggle, with each faction making incursions into my lands and heroic stands. But instead of attacking Rome on the first turn the Visigoths just had a little prance about the region, and eventually all 3 (or 4) of their horde armies were crushed in a battle by reinforcements sent from Gaul, and they now trouble only the north of Europe.I have also noticed this and am trying to balace the EDU to not make it too much like so... stats-wise the barbarians aren't really that worse off... I have a gut feeling it has to do w/ the morale bonuses that the Legio Comitatenses have

CaesarAugustus
09-12-2007, 23:35
Well i absolutely love this mod, and ive gotta say great work to all involved.

Ditto. IB is tied with EB as my favourite RTW mod.:2thumbsup:

However, I have also noticed the problem of the exceedingly weak barbarians. Last night i wiped out three almost-full stacks of Visigoths, each headed by a family member on M/M using Valens' starting army plus a couple of auxilia units. Not that I'm complaining, but the Goths are just a bit too easy to evict from Italy....

Maybe adding a few extra stacks to the Gothic horde would make them more of a challenge... or just give some of their more elite units morale bonuses like the Comitatenses have.

Long lost Caesar
09-19-2007, 12:29
ive started again, this time on very hard campaign AND battle difficulty, and things are a bit tougher. i still think its a bit easy, but that could be cos im just awesome:beam:
BTW-i know its not involved with invasio barbarorum, but does anyone know where i can get a clean version of EB? last time i downloaded it off the main site and my brother gave me hell when it turned out a virus had come through EB. oops :embarassed:

CaesarAugustus
09-19-2007, 21:45
Are you sure that EB was the source of the virus? ....

There are many hosts that you can download EB from listed on their main site, including the Org FTP.

Long lost Caesar
09-20-2007, 17:29
hmmm good idea. i THINK i got it from file front on the site, since it linked me there...either way, could one of you tell me which link you got it from(and didnt have a virus obviously) that way if by some bizzare twist of fate i DO contract a virus (:laugh4: ) ill have your guys opinions as proof it was virus free. kinda promised my brother i wouldnt get EB again...but i want it now...god im greedy :furious3:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
09-20-2007, 19:11
Hello Long Lost Caesar,
Don't worry about the virus - it's simply a flase alarm which has effected one other mod too. You can read more details here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=90142), here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=90071), here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=89956) and here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=85991).
Hope this helps, cheers!

Long lost Caesar
09-21-2007, 07:15
god damn it, i un-installed EB needlessly!:furious3: thanks mate