PDA

View Full Version : customizing ships?

Garriden
09-10-2007, 00:53
that'd be pretty cool to be able to do

Mailman653
09-10-2007, 01:54
that'd be pretty cool to be able to do
Like adding different kind of sails, different calibur cannons/cannoades or a copper bottom hull?

Ja'chyra
09-10-2007, 10:37
Customisation of all units would be very cool, but it takes it away from historical which would annoy quite a lot of players I'd imagine. Either way I doubt it'll be in E:TW but hopefully in the future.....

Daithi MacGuillaCathair
09-10-2007, 17:49
it would be nice to be able to customise your units to a certain degree, to reflect developments a kingdom might have made if history had gone more in their favour, for examle the byzanties lack good late period units, becuase there empire had stagnated and declined, but in a game where i have reversed their fortunes it would be nice to develop new historicaly plausabal units

Eng
09-10-2007, 18:36
I wrote this idea about a week ago in: "what are you looking forward to" thread and also in : " what would we like to see in etw" In both I wrote that I would like the ability to create a custom flag ship and that ship only so that a rich faction will not get overpowered and historically inaccurate.

Sirrvs
09-10-2007, 21:21
It'd be nice at least to be able to give cool names to your ships and maybe some of them would be more feared over time...like the Black Pearl. :laugh4:

Eufarius
09-10-2007, 23:15
good one^

The Flying dutchman would be mine.

Mwhahaha...

TevashSzat
09-11-2007, 00:03
No, customizing would make the game more rp like since you would be adding stats and stuff like that to each unit making them too unique.

I think current level of skill increases, the chevrons, are good enough as your units do get stronger with more experience, but extremely experienced units won't become juggernauts on the battlefield destroying everything

ninjahboy
09-12-2007, 09:24
i hope we can single out flagships and stuff
so like admirals can be recognised. Giving names would be cool too.
I want Flagships and Names