PDA

View Full Version : Help Plz..

sass
09-11-2007, 11:07
Umm Yeah..There are alot of Very old Builds still flooting around why? It makes for very conffuseing viset to this forum...There needs to be a List of The newist and the ONLY Builds that should be downloaded..Becouse i have no clue what ones to download..OK?

Then Theres this Submod that just came out what the heck is that? Bit of Ogonizatian is in order here fellas..I have no idea what belongs to whom or what..its like i come in here and someones just posting downloads left and right and i have no idea what i need to down load just to play the Stright Game it self..Its conffuseing to say the least..

So What Builds do i need to down load and what patch..to start with..Then Tell me what the submod doz to the game..So i can decide if this is something i want to download..Or if its needed to play the new build..Please can someone clear things up for me..

2...steps and so forth..makes it easyer to understand..its like this in the download thread but then like i said there are alot of old builds that i dont know if i need or not? if there not needed then why are thy not deleted?:wall:

CaesarAugustus
09-11-2007, 21:05
No, you do not need any builds older than v7.0. Follow the first two Filefront links from here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=87913

1. Download IB 7.0

2. Download patch 7.04 for IB.

3. Install in that order over an unmodded RTW:BI v1.6.

4. Go to 'C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly OR Activision\Root Folder\ifbd\options and double click on all of the options you want to install.

5. Play.

The add-on is Imperium Julianorum and although i havent played it I am assuming it follows the life of Julian the Apostate (last pagan emperor). If you want to play that instal it the same way you would install your options. It comes with the patch 7.04

Hope this helps you out i'm sure one of the IB team members will fill in anything i might have missed.

sass
09-12-2007, 08:53
Yes..

Only Now i cannot Uninstall RTW it says 3d audio couldnet do something lol now its stupic i cant uninstall a single thing..now i could delite all the files in the folder but the icon would be stuck and i wouldnet be able to re-install it again..grrrr!! 3d audio? All my other sounds and flash etc are working fine wtf:furious3:

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia
09-12-2007, 14:42
Umm Yeah..There are alot of Very old Builds still flooting around why? It makes for very conffuseing viset to this forum...There needs to be a List of The newist and the ONLY Builds that should be downloaded..Becouse i have no clue what ones to download..OK?
I see only v7 and 7.04? do u mean versions 6&5, I guess English isn't your native language as the install instruction states it clear enough. IBFD5 & 6 are left there since some people might still want to use them (IJ uses some stuff from v6)

Then Theres this Submod that just came out what the heck is that? If u read the escription in the submod thread, it is stated explicitly that Rio's IBFD is a separate install, and doesn't affect the original game in any way.
We will be doing the same for Imperium Julianorum w/c, at present, is installed over IBFD7.

The diferent mods/sb-mods are in a different timeframe, one focuses n 410AD, during the sack of Rome. nother in 432AD, when the Vsigoths and Vandals were settled in Western Europe, still another in 361AD
, think of it this way: on happens during WW2, another during the Vietnam war, another during WW1

Only Now i cannot Uninstall RTW it says 3d audio couldnet do something lol now its stupic i cant uninstall a single thing..now i could delite all the files in the folder but the icon would be stuck and i wouldnet be able to re-install it again..grrrr!! 3d audio? All my other sounds and flash etc are working fine wtf
Today 05:05 I could say exactly the same thing, wtf? IBFD doesn't affect your 3D audio or any audio settings in any way, in fact you can easily delete it by hand by simply deleting the 'ibfd' folder, (the same thing however shouldn't be done to your RTW folder) everything IBFD is in there. Did u try running vanilla BI? you should be able to even with IBFD installed, if you culdn't then something is wrong with your RTW/BI.