PDA

View Full Version : What about Multiplayer?

Nikodil
09-13-2007, 08:04
Will there be any *major* changes to MP?

Omanes Alexandrapolites
09-13-2007, 08:59
Good news Blutzeit! The CA are adding a new multiplayer component to the game. This will, according to them, include player rankings, leagues, ladders and completely new gameplay modes. You can read more about the many features included here (http://www.totalwar.com/index.html?page=/en/communityandforums/empire.html&nav=/en/6/8/).
Hope this helps, cheers!

ninjahboy
09-13-2007, 12:03
hurrah!!
3 cheers for Cap'n Jack!

Martok
09-19-2007, 02:31
Still no campaign MP, though. I'm not surprised (and I understand the reasons for not including it), but it's still a bummer.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
09-19-2007, 03:23
I still dont understand why people why a MP campaign, but if it attracts more players, why not .

SaFe
09-19-2007, 09:16
Even a multiplayer in the kingdoms format - rather small maps and short cvampaigns would attract a lot more players via lan.
Just imagine a nice weekend playing along with your friend a campaign and not just battles.
Perhaps not more than 3 or 4 players for multiplayer campaigns, but it would be a beginning.
Even a "broken" diplomancy in the player hands would work:2thumbsup:

skuzzy
09-22-2007, 10:39
I played several MP games with Civilization II and III and assuming that you play a campaign game with 2-4 players it will be bareable as long as the AI is half way competent to guide the rest of the factions. I do however think mini campaigns are fun but would hope for some more freedom and variability.