PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Error Message

Artificer
09-15-2007, 15:21
Hello,

I first want to thank those responsible for the making of Invasio Barbarorum. It's great to see people with a passion for late Roman history and it's even better to see that passion translated into what looks to be a really awesome mod.

I've followed every step listed in order to download IB. I've put a fresh copy of RTW on my computer, installed BI and patched it to version 1.6. Then I downloaded IB version 7.0 and patched that up to version 7.04 along with the Imperium Julianorum scenario.

That being said, I have a problem. This would be the second time I have installed IB, (my previous attempt ended in the manner I am about to describe) still I recieve an error message whenever I attempt to begin a fresh campaign. I have done nothing to alter any files, outside of enabling the scripts that are outlined in the download instructions. Historical battles work fine, only attempting to begin a Campaign gives me trouble.

This is the error message I recieve when the Campaign begins to load. Once I click 'Okay' I am immedietly booted from the program.

https://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3435/errorih9.th.png (https://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errorih9.png)

What could be causing this? Is there any way to fix it? Please help!

-Artificer

Mylae
09-15-2007, 16:26
so, just some questions:
1- you can run IBFD?
2- When you run it the ONLY thing you cannot do are campaign?
3- if historical battles works fine, have you tried also custom battles (they should work...)
4- normal Barbarin invasion run smoothly? (it should, otherwise an installation error occurred and you need to reinstall BI before)

i guess you've followed this steps:
1- installed BI and patched to 1.6
2- installed in the same directory IB 7
3- installed in the same directory IB 7.04
4- installed the Imperium Julianorum submod

--------------------------------

the only thing that can cause such an error is the misplacement of a texture for stratmap city model; hence, an installation error/misplacement of the folder who contains such textures could be the cause. BUT i think - as other people reported something similar - that IF BI runs good, then you will have to do this steps:

1- reinstall IBFD 7
2- download and install patch 7.03
4- download and install patch 7.04

it could be possible infact that 7.04, having been developed later, contains not some files present in 7.03 version.

but those files i tought were already present in original v7.... hm, ttry it and tell me if works.

Artificer
09-15-2007, 18:45
Thanks for your response, Mylae. To answer your questions...

1.) Yes, I can run IBFD.
2.) Campaign & Custom Battles both seem to be broken. I get booted out of the game and error messages whenever I try to set up a custom battle. Most of the messages involve talk of missing models and lines of text gone wrong.
3.) See above answer.
4.) See paragraph below.
5.) Yes, I installed BI and patched successfully to 1.6.
6.) Installed IBFD to same RTW directory. Do I have to place the IBFD folder INSIDE the BI folder?
7.) I installed 7.04 to the same RTW directory as IBFD.
8.) I installed the Imperium Julianorum mod without any problems.

EDIT:

It appears as if the problem may lie more with my copy of BI than IBFD. While I had only done a cursory start up test of BI upon initial installation to ensure that I could at least get to the options menu in order to make sure that it had patched to version 1.6, it seems that I am unable to begin a regular campaign there either. I don't get any error messages, the game just quits. Historical and custom battles seem to work as normal.

I think I'm just going to uninstall my copy of RTW and begin the whole process over, with the addition of the 7.03patch, when I get around to reinstalling IBFD. Does this seem like the right course of action?

Mylae
09-15-2007, 21:42
more or less solved the problem..
it should be an installation problem. common to many people.

steps to do are:

1- reinstall Barbarian invasion and patch it to 1.6
2- run BI to see if everything goes smoothly
3- install IBFD 7 (the path should be the same as rtw, so C:\Program files\Activision\rome - total war )
4- run IBFD 7 to see if everything goes smoothly
5- install patch 7.03
6- run IBFD 7.03 to see if everything goes smoothly
7- install patch 7.04
8- run IBFD 7.04 to see if everything goes smoothly
9- install imperium julianorum
10- run it to see if everything goes smoothly.

it could be a bit boring, but it will be a sure process.

HINT: once you have installed BI and patched it to 1.6, you should make a backup copy of it to avoid need of further installation/uninstallation process. to keep up a backup copy of IB on your hard disk or on a cd/dvd could be a large time-saving device.
HINT 2: once you installed IBFD 7.03, a good advice is to backup the "IBFD" folder inside the root rtw directory. in case of future wrong installation (for 7.04) you will just perform the last actions, without reinstalling the whole game.

Artificer
09-18-2007, 00:30
Thanks for your help, Mylae. I've reinstalled the whole thing, from RTW to IBFD and I now seem to have no problems.

Mylae
09-18-2007, 08:45
ok. tagged as solved :D