PDA

View Full Version : One more time !

Patriote
09-17-2007, 18:21
Ok, I still have my obsession about the AI moving stacks without family member in it :whip: and I don't like it.

So I came up with a new idea to reduce this as much as possible but before trying to work on it, I would like to hear ideas or comments of people about it.

I was thinking to drastically reduce the movement points of all units, excluding ships and agents and then give all family characters an hidden trait to increase back their movement, so units would still be able to move from city to city but would be meaningless when it comes to attack the enemy.

Now... so far I have been unable to find out where the movement points for units is located, meaning which file and where in the specific file. I am beginning to think that this could be hard-coded too :no:

Also, would the hidden trait I am thinking about give the expected results or not ?? Because I guess it could be possible that the trait wouldn't give enough bonus to the units to compensate enough even when moving with a family member...

Anyways, if anyone has ideas, comments or answers for me, I will be happy to hear, thank you in advance !

Foot
09-17-2007, 18:34
Except the AI won't realise this and so their movement would be drastically reduced when they move captain armies. You can't solve by doing something that AI isn't aware of. The AI will still use captain armies, but when it does they will be really crap, which whilst interesting doesn't solve the problem.

Foot

Patriote
09-17-2007, 18:48
Yeah... didn't think of that... :sweatdrop:

and even by giving units 0 movement point, the AI would keep creating them but would be unable to move them and would probably realize he can uses his family member to move them.

Alright, I admit defeat on this one (and all my previous ideas :laugh4:) :2thumbsup: