PDA

View Full Version : You've had your ten days. You've had iiiiiiitttt.

Wladyslaw IV
09-20-2007, 05:46
Am I just going to have to play NTW in the meantime to here the crackling of gunpowder? Is PM2 just a desire right now? When will these forums be alive again? Am I going bald? Am I ugly?

ElectricEel
09-20-2007, 17:08
I, too, am really looking forward to playing the final version of the mod - hopefully you'll find the time to finish it soon, Cegorach.

western
09-20-2007, 19:29
It's been more than a year now since 1.5. Cegorach says it is coming so I continue to visit. What I'd say is, please let's have an interim version if 2.0 is still going to be a while. I'm just dying to have a go at ECW and Lion of the North, never mind what other genius stuff is still being worked on. It's no insult to other modders to say that PMTW has done the most to stretch the boundaries and bring in new ideas. But I worry that Cegorach is going to be the Harper Lee of modding (You know - the Mockingbird dude :book: , great first novel and then endless writing and no publishing). Go on Ceg - prove me wrong! The best cure for writer's block is just to publish :yes:

ElectricEel
09-21-2007, 18:11
Western, the mod is almost done (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=1651837&postcount=4) - apparently it is just a matter of finding the time to put in the finishing touches...

Wladyslaw IV
09-22-2007, 13:39
Oh dear, I was only joking. (aside from the balding and ugly part). Do I have a pot belly? Am I short with a fat head?

cegorach
10-01-2007, 13:40
It's been more than a year now since 1.5. Cegorach says it is coming so I continue to visit. What I'd say is, please let's have an interim version if 2.0 is still going to be a while. I'm just dying to have a go at ECW and Lion of the North, never mind what other genius stuff is still being worked on. It's no insult to other modders to say that PMTW has done the most to stretch the boundaries and bring in new ideas. But I worry that Cegorach is going to be the Harper Lee of modding (You know - the Mockingbird dude :book: , great first novel and then endless writing and no publishing). Go on Ceg - prove me wrong! The best cure for writer's block is just to publish :yes:

Thankfully I am pretty sure I am no one-masterwork-wonder (if PMTW can be called this way).

I will explain you the whole problem the best I can.

It is really 99,9 % done and it really is only 10-12 days and no more of hard labour to finish it.

However...those 10-12 days would be REALLY 10-12 FULL DAYS of modding for certain reasons:

1. Most of the work I need to finish is very dull and requires both some creativity but with a lot of manual work such as typing, painting some details, changing numbers/stats, correcting spelling errors, changing typed in-game names etc. Basically something good for a robot, fanatic or medieval monk.
I surely have some of those traits, BUT I know myself and I can only conclude that when I HAVE enough undisturbed spare time I can enter the same trance-like state of constant and exhausting labour I was before any of the previour releases.

2. My greatest passion i.e. politics since 2005 is slowly sucking most of my enthusiasm and energy and since April or May I am more and more pissed off thanks to some events and some people - I believe it will be over after the 21st October, fortunatelly. If I am wrong I have a booked meeting with some friends to drunk ourselves to death (for non-Slavs of course - for us, Poles it is just a very bad morning after...) and between plotting to overthrow the government, making bombs and planning assassination attempts I will most likely concentrate on finishing the project anyway - so everyone wins in the end after all.
I am too much addicted to politics to give up, ignore or let go - my earliest childhood memories are from the communist propaganda shows in the time of the marschall law in Poland and the feelings of hatred towards totalitarian and authoritarian regimes and their supporters I had and still have.

3. The work I need to finsh requires some work which CANNOT be divided in more pieces - otherwise I risk some critical errors and additional bugs... That is why it needs to be 10 FULL DAYS - not 240 hours divided as I wish or could wish.

4. Despite my absence I still made some progress in research - a NOTABLE ONE and I think you will be glad wih some new ideas too.

5. I invested considerable amount of money e.g. I bought 67 books only to finish this mod and I am not going to waste this investment. In fact I am thinking about writing either a book or a series of articles about XVI-XVIIth century warfare based on the research I have done - after the 2.0 is done, of course.

Finally. This mod is in hiatus just like some of my most fav. TV shows ( e.g. BSG) but still if I am tired of political debates and agitation I will post some new screenshots and information. Knowing me... it might happen very quickly.

Treat this mod as a season of your favourite tv series which still doesn't have a fixed premiƩre date.:yes:
I very much want the coming sequel to be much better than the first 'season'.