PDA

View Full Version : A Idea for a IH

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
09-21-2007, 18:50
Hey,

I was thinking, if DOH could do a IH about the SPanish War of Sucession....

Could you do one about the War of the Austrian Succession, think that be a good idea??

AggonyDuck
09-21-2007, 22:33
I'd advise against running too many multiplayer IH's at the same time. It takes away a lot of the focus that such a game should deserve. I'd almost say that we already have a bit too many of IH's running at the moment, which divides the limited focus we have, which is never a good thing.

Warluster
09-21-2007, 22:41
I agree.

But'll I will still answer your question Warman. Yes, you could do one on War of Austrian Succesion, but it did not have any major results, and lasted not so long. If you wanted a long conflict, one with major results and one on the brink of new weapons (Rifles, rockets,etc) Then I'd go Napoleon.

09-21-2007, 22:43
I don't mean now of course people lol. I mean in a couple months, once some of the IH's are done. Think it would take off?

AggonyDuck
09-21-2007, 22:56
I agree.

But'll I will still answer your question Warman. Yes, you could do one on War of Austrian Succesion, but it did not have any major results, and lasted not so long. If you wanted a long conflict, one with major results and one on the brink of new weapons (Rifles, rockets,etc) Then I'd go Napoleon.

Actually the length of the War of the Austrian Succession is a lot better than for example the Thirty Years war or the Napoleonic Wars. To cover the 15 years of Napoleonic Wars would take about 60 chapters minimum, which each would take a minimum of two weeks to get done. That means finishing it might take up to 120 weeks, which is over two years. In fact even the War of the Austrian Succession might be too long, because with four chapters per game year, it would still take up to 32 chapters, which means that it might take over a year to finish. What we should strive for is actually quicker and more decisive IH's, that do not take a year or two to finish.

09-21-2007, 22:57
Could also fix it up somehow. I still think it could worky :-).