PDA

View Full Version : What about Bretonnia

stilgar
09-23-2007, 13:29
Hello to everybody.

I believe this mod will be very good (the screen we can see are wonderful), but nobody speak about bretonnia.

so, what will you do with Knights of the graal, the bird-traps, the loyalty between duchies, or with Pegasus Knights ?

I can't wait for this mod :2thumbsup: I want it the fastest you can (:yes: )

lanky316
09-23-2007, 13:34
I suspect Brets are the army that'll require the least extra work so the waiting while they sort out the orcs, undead and so on is something I'm prepared to do (more rats k thx bi). I'd expect an army composition very similar to a mix of the English and France from vanilla, worried on game terms could be too over balanced, excellent longbows supported by rock hard cav. At least Infantry will be lacking.

Silaris
09-24-2007, 17:02
To be honest, though I love Bretonnia, I would rather see them near the end. They look very similar (on the whole) to Medieval Total War units, and as such, would be alittle boring to see. Seeing Elves, Orcs, Chaos, Undead, etc is far more exciting, since they are so unique compared to other mods.

Born in lust for blood
09-24-2007, 18:57
Are you kidding? Personally I see very few resemblance to the MTW II knights and the brettonian ones. I would just looove to see some grail or questing knights.

Bwian
09-24-2007, 22:05
We would be heavily modifying or completely rebuilding any stock units to make our Bretonnians. IT really isn't worth trying to just repain unless oyu have no choice. Considering what else we are making, I don't think that will be a major problem for us :laugh4:

Pantsalot
09-24-2007, 22:06
I must agree that the WHTW 2 modding team ain't very fond
of Brettonians causing I believe only 1 unit to be made (I believe
it was a man at arms) but if they r not to be featured in this
pack then they will obviously be in the next pack (if there will even
be one) However we should not complain that much for leaving out
1 army out since of how much amazing work they have done on other
factions.

I'm suprised that Bwian or another member of the modding team ren't
answering some of these questions anymore, though they really don't
have much time.

Born in lust for blood
09-25-2007, 12:19
Bwain just did and as far as I am aware brettonia will be one of the original races added to the mod.Right?

Krazysigmarite
09-25-2007, 15:39
Bretonnia will definately be added. However, stylistically, Bretonnians are very difficult to make - especially the knights. This is because Bretonnian Heraldrly is extremely colourful and diverse - each knight having his own set of Heraldry. Because of the way Medieval II's variation system works, it'd be almost impossible to match up a knight with a horse, and this is assuming each arm/leg/torso/head/shield corresponded.
We want to make Bretonnians as true to GW as possible, but we might have to comprimise as far as heraldry and colour schemes go because of this problem. This is really the only reason why you haven't seen much of Bretonnia.

stilgar
10-07-2007, 20:55
ok, thanks to have reply, and i don't know if i said that before, your work is wonderful :yes: