PDA

View Full Version : "total soldiers" vs system settings performance

okeenan
09-24-2007, 05:22
:help: Ok tech experts. The message "this battle exceeds your current system settings you may experience degraded performance." pops up at a certain number of total soldiers in a multiplayer battle. This seems to be regardless of what actual "settings" my computer has. Whether through my graphics card settings or the game settings.

So...

1. Is this number tied to my cpu speed which explains why I can't alter it by changing settings? If so how is this calculated?
2. Is it bugged so that changing settings just doesn't register with the lobby?
3. Is there some way I can change my settings so this number increases?

Judge
10-01-2007, 17:20
good question Okeenen , i get that too, lets hope sumone can shed some light on it

LadyAnn
11-04-2007, 21:14
The number is likely tied to your system's configuration. It was determined when you install the program (or change configuration via options). It is by no mean accurate and I believe you can turn the reporting message off (although I forget how to).

Annie

Jochi Khan
11-06-2007, 20:31
:help:"this battle exceeds your current system settings you may experience degraded performance." pops up at a certain number of total soldiers in a multiplayer battle. This seems to be regardless of what actual "settings" my computer has. Whether through my graphics card settings or the game settings.

1. Is this number tied to my cpu speed which explains why I can't alter it by changing settings? If so how is this calculated?
2. Is it bugged so that changing settings just doesn't register with the lobby?
3. Is there some way I can change my settings so this number increases?

Your PC specs decides the battle criteria, (total number of soldiers etc).
The better your specs the better the performance.