PDA

View Full Version : battle speech

Iasonis
09-25-2007, 00:34
I was wondering if eb2 will have the same prebattle speech before an engagement that eb1 does. I really enjoy the way the roman generals will talk to thier army about the upcoming battle according to his traits/antitraits and what happened in the past.

Bellum
09-25-2007, 08:41
Those are the vanilla speeches, so I'm fairly sure it would be against copyright law. But if I'm not mistaken, they were planning on doing their own speeches in native languages (with subtitles) or something.

Gurkhal
09-25-2007, 08:51
That would add immensly to the feeling. If it can be pulled off.

Bellum
09-25-2007, 08:57
From what they have already done, I'm sure it can be done.

Boyar Son
09-25-2007, 22:18
Well??

any EB member to give an opinion on this?!?!?

abou
09-25-2007, 22:41
It is possible, and we might do that, but it could only be done in a few languages. Punic, Celtic, and German would be a real stretch to reconstruct. And don't even get me started on some of out more obscure ones we have planned... though if they will ever be implemented is another thing.

The only ones that could be doable would be Greek and Latin. Others are a maybe, but a stretch.

Bellum
09-26-2007, 04:54
I'd rather you be...overenthusiastic in your language sharing than have, say, a Carthagenian give a speech about how England will rule over France. :P

Maeran
09-27-2007, 22:16
And how do you know that Hannibal never thought of that one?

"Brothers! Hearken unto me! Be model now to lesser men, in a thousand years from now, nations as yet unborn will struggle in most noble war. Some will be come from the Pretannic north. Like Alexanders shall they fight, and remember not these Roman knights who fell here to make a lake of blood, to testify to Punic manhood."

I think he had too much wine that night.