PDA

View Full Version : The Recruit - Mini Game [Concluded]

Warmaster Horus
09-25-2007, 17:16
Hello again, agents of chaos, players of the gameroom!

Langley, Virginia
The Central Intelligence Agency has to, of course, recruit agents from time to time. The main thing is, there is no acceptable margin of error.
BUT! Errare humanus est! To err is human, for the non-latinists of us.
Sometimes, the CIA recruits idiots, fools, morons, but this is only very rare. More uncommon, is to recruit a double-agent. An agent who works for a rival Agency, or Nation.
That was yesterday. (That's a metaphor, for, that was a long time ago).
Today, there are 6 Directors. One of them, is the Supreme Director. The 5 others are head of an Overseas Branch. But 1 of them is the Double Agent, who succeeded in biding his time.
The Supreme Director received some evidence that a traitor was amongst them. He knew that the traitor was high placed in the CIA, but didn't know exactly who it was. The Double Agent's mission, the SD surmised, was to kill him. He couldn't let that happen.
And so, he called the 5 highest members. And brought them all to a house, in the country. They would decide each day, democratically, until the Double Agent was found.
The rest, as they say, is yet to come.

6 players
1 Supreme Director
4 Directors
1 Double Agent.

Directors know who the SD is. Double Agent must kill the SD, and can do so at any time by saying "Kill:Person", if right, the Double Agent is victorious and if wrong he loses. If lynched, the Double Agent may try to kill who he thinks is the SD. If right, victory all the same (equivalent of a suicide mission)

Basically, it's a typical mini game. Of course, no in-game out of thread communication.

Players: 6/6 FULL
Omanes Alexandropolites
Waldinger
Andres
Draconian (Welcome to Org Mafia! Prepare for a brute and harsh world! Enjoy yourself most of all!)
Tran (he sent me a PM, sorry Roadkill)
Greaterkhaan

If there are questions, don't hesitate to ask. Don't worry, the story and general presentation will be improved as soon as I've got more time.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
09-25-2007, 17:35
In!

woad&fangs
09-25-2007, 17:49
In~:flirt:

Andres
09-25-2007, 20:40
In.

Ayachuco
09-25-2007, 20:58
I'm a greenie, but if I want to play future games; I've got to start sometime!
In!

seireikhaan
09-25-2007, 22:45
Hehe, I scored an ace last time I played a tiny mafia, I'll go for another round.

RoadKill
09-25-2007, 23:28
I'm inage.

woad&fangs
09-25-2007, 23:30
.....and that's 6. Welcome to mafia Draconian~:flirt:

Ayachuco
09-26-2007, 06:40
Yeah!!! I'm finally part of something that is all-powerfull .:pokemon:
I'll try my best not to be left out in the dark:candle:
<unless I'm supposed to be one with darkness>~:pimp:

Tran
09-26-2007, 14:02
Does signing-up by PM count? :sweatdrop:

Warmaster Horus
09-26-2007, 14:16
I'm of two minds, actually. I'll say yes, because you sent it at 11PM my time and the RK signed after midnight, but if Andres thinks it's a bad idea, I'll bow to our moderator's experience.
I'm putting Tran down for now.

Andres
09-26-2007, 14:51
If Tran was first, Tran was first...

Besides, the host didn't say you had to sign in by posting in the thread :shrug:

That's just my opinion as a player, not as a moderator. The host is boss in his own game.

Warmaster Horus
09-26-2007, 14:57
Alright. Sorry Roadkill, Tran was first. I'll keep you as a reserve of some kind, if it's alright with you.

Now, I'm sending out the PMs.

Kommodus
09-26-2007, 15:16
EDIT: Never mind. ~;)

Warmaster Horus
09-26-2007, 15:18
Ah, I'm sorry Kommodus, I've only got room for 6 people, and I've already got them. Sorry!

Warmaster Horus
09-26-2007, 15:47
Okay, it's on!

Day 1: with 6 alive, it's 4 to a lynch. Please bold your votes, keep a tally as well as possible, and have fun.

Andres
09-26-2007, 15:54
Vote : greaterkhaan

I'm sure it's you. Confess, you dirty double agent :whip:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
09-26-2007, 16:37
Vote: Draconian

Might as well get rid of the new player first - saves us lynching him later.

Ayachuco
09-26-2007, 16:45
hey that's uncalled for!
tho...looking at past mafias, I can see why you would target me first.
vote:Omanes
the only reason for now is for voting for me.
darn' random 1st round votes

Andres
09-26-2007, 16:50
I'm telling you guys, we need to lynch greaterkhaan.

Omanes Alexandrapolites
09-26-2007, 17:58
I'm telling you guys, we need to lynch greaterkhaan.Any specific reason Andres?

Tran
09-26-2007, 18:14
Any specific reason Andres?
Yes, any reason?

Vote: Andres

Edit: Actually forgot to say this: Thank you WH for "accepting" me :beam:

Andres
09-26-2007, 21:12
Yes, any reason?

Nope. But it's him. I feel it.

Ayachuco
09-26-2007, 21:38
Are you sure it's not indigestion or something b/c i've had several bad ones that really threw off my decision making.

seireikhaan
09-26-2007, 22:37

I'm sure it's you. Confess, you dirty double agent :whip:
Aww, are you upset that I twisted around your(rather flimsy) rules in Spinach Pie? Well, too bad.~;p

Anyways, I'm pretty sure you're not the double agent, since that'd be a pretty risky thing to do by going out and being the first person to vote.

However, I will vote: Omanes. Got a bad feeling about his vote.

woad&fangs
09-26-2007, 23:00
Vote: GreaterKhaan

Andres
09-27-2007, 16:54
Vote: GreaterKhaan

Hmmm... Care to elaborate?

Tran
09-28-2007, 03:53
I feel it.
You don't need to feel it:

Might as well get rid of the new player first - saves us lynching him later
Get rid of the new player?

Unvote: Andres
Vote: Omanes

Tally:

Draconian - 1 (Omanes)
greaterkhaan - 2 (Andres, Waldinger)
Omanes - 3 (Draconian, greaterkhaan, Tran)

Omanes Alexandrapolites
09-28-2007, 16:54
Get rid of the new player?New players, in this game system, are likely to end up being security risks. As you know, we can't risk the reveal of the Supreme Director at any stage in the game.

woad&fangs
09-28-2007, 22:46
Unvote:GK, Vote: Omanes I'm almost positive that the double agent is either him or GK. Gut Feeling

seireikhaan
09-28-2007, 22:50
That's four votes on Omanes.

Warmaster Horus
09-28-2007, 23:03
Indeed it is. Omanes has been lynched. He was one of the Directors.

Day 2. With 5 alive, it's 3 to a lynch.

seireikhaan
09-28-2007, 23:08
Vote: Waldinger. Has never once put any reason for a vote, and put the lynching vote on Omanes.

woad&fangs
09-28-2007, 23:22
vote: GreaterKhaan

Andres
09-29-2007, 09:28
Vote: Waldinger. Has never once put any reason for a vote, and put the lynching vote on Omanes.

As if my reasoning for voting you was any better... Why voting waldinger instead of me?

Tran
09-29-2007, 12:45

vote: GreaterKhaan
I agree with greaterkhaan here, even Waldinger's latest vote didn't come up with a reason...

Vote: Waldinger

Andres
09-29-2007, 13:10
You know, just following somebody else's reasoning to vote and then quickly creating a bandwagon, won't generate discussion...

FoS Tran and greaterkhaan

Omanes Alexandrapolites
09-29-2007, 14:01
BTW, where is Draconian. Two posts and then he vanishes - any valid reason for his absence?

Tran
09-29-2007, 14:45
You know, just following somebody else's reasoning to vote and then quickly creating a bandwagon, won't generate discussion...
You know, it's much better than just voting and say nothing at all.

Ayachuco
09-29-2007, 16:51
I'm on my lunch break; as for who to vote I don't know if I want to be third on the greaterkhan/waldinger bandwagon.
So for now: vote:abstain

seireikhaan
09-29-2007, 16:55
I'm on my lunch break; as for who to vote I don't know if I want to be third on the greaterkhan/waldinger bandwagon.
So for now: vote:abstain
Well, unfortunately, that's a bit tough, because unless you vote, or someone else currently unvotes, we're going to be stuck with a tie. I don't think you could be rightully lynched based on that, considering A) It happens all the time, we don't just go lynching every person who's third to vote for someone, and B) Its either you put the 3rd vote on, or we sit here, stuck on a tie while the game dies. So, if you please, put a vote on one of us, so that the game can move on.:bow:

Warmaster Horus
09-29-2007, 17:00
If I can say something, third on the bandwagon can't really count here. greaterkhaan is right, someone will have to be the third to vote greaterkhaan or waldinger eventually to make the game progress.

seireikhaan
09-29-2007, 17:02
Unfortunately, he might be back off of his lunch break by now...:wall: So, I guess we're gonna be waiting.

Warmaster Horus
09-29-2007, 17:09
Unless one of you changes his vote...?

seireikhaan
09-29-2007, 18:03
Doesn't seem too likely atm.

Ayachuco
09-29-2007, 22:05
unvote:abstain Vote:Waldinger
He's the only person who hasn't given a good reason for lynching people; it seems all random. (then again, my only reason was a OMGUS vote.) Sorry, waldinger.

woad&fangs
09-29-2007, 22:10
I knew that tactic would get me lynched eventually but it had a purpose behind it. I just wish I had lived a bit longer to get more reactions out of people.

Warmaster Horus
09-29-2007, 23:04
Waldinger has been lynched. He was a Director as well.

Day 3: with 4 alive, it's 3 to a lynch.
Talk! :whip:

Andres
09-29-2007, 23:29

seireikhaan
09-30-2007, 00:24
I knew that tactic would get me lynched eventually but it had a purpose behind it. I just wish I had lived a bit longer to get more reactions out of people.
You acted suspiciously to see if people would lynch you?:inquisitive:
Vote: Andres, for being an incessant nag.:no: And a wrong one too, btw.

woad&fangs
09-30-2007, 00:27
I'm using the tactic I used in the last mini mafia. I vote for a person without reasoning and watch the reaction. What I'm looking for is a trade secret that I can't reveal. I correctly identified Warmaster as a mafioso in the last game using this strategy. Unfortunately no one believed me.

seireikhaan
09-30-2007, 00:30
I'm using the tactic I used in the last mini mafia. I vote for a person without reasoning and watch the reaction. What I'm looking for is a trade secret that I can't reveal. I correctly identified Warmaster as a mafioso in the last game using this strategy. Unfortunately no one believed me.
Well, if you think I'm guilty, then your great trade secret needs some tweaking.

woad&fangs
09-30-2007, 00:33
Well, if you think I'm guilty, then your great trade secret needs some tweaking.
That's the icing on the cake. Vote Andres everyone.

Edit: Oops, Forgot to say checkmate

seireikhaan
09-30-2007, 00:35
:bounce: Just a word of advice for the future, btw, is that you're rather predictable, Waldinger.

woad&fangs
09-30-2007, 00:37
:bounce: Just a word of advice for the future, btw, is that you're rather predictable, Waldinger.
What do you mean?

seireikhaan
09-30-2007, 00:38
What do you mean?
Just that it was rather easy to convince you of my innocence.(And I assure you, I am innocent)

woad&fangs
09-30-2007, 00:41
Just that it was rather easy to convince you of my innocence.(And I assure you, I am innocent)
That's the cherry on top of the cake.

seireikhaan
09-30-2007, 00:43
That's the cherry on top of the cake.
:bounce:

Ayachuco
09-30-2007, 01:23
I knew it wasn't Waldinger!!! :wall: or you Greaterkhaan. I always wondered why you voted first, Andres. Thought it was because u were moderator. Nice tactic though, knowing that we would assume that the first person who voted wouldn't be double spy. Now talk, you double agent :damnmate:
Vote:Andres

Tran
09-30-2007, 01:42

That confirmed it. Bye Andres! ~:rolleyes:

Vote: Andres

seireikhaan
09-30-2007, 01:47
Hmm, that puts it down to three. Although I do have to say, Draconian, if you knew Waldinger wasn't mafia, why didn't you voice your opinion?:inquisitive:

Ayachuco
09-30-2007, 03:51
It was a gut feeling; and my previous gut feeling about Omanes was wrong.
Once again, :wall:evil self doubter :wall:evil self doubter :wall: so yeah, a stupid move on my part. I was pretty sure you weren't double agent and Waldinger was acting kinda strange. In conclusion, I became his guiena pig for his "I want to be lynched" experiment.
edit: And I really hit my head against the wall (or was it my desk...can't seem to remember;hope I don't have brain damage), when Waldinger was a director Why do you think, I tried to abstain? It was my conflicting doubts and hunger pang.

Warmaster Horus
09-30-2007, 12:48
Well, Andres was lynched. He too was a Director.

Day 4: with 3 alive, it's two to a lynch.

Tran
09-30-2007, 13:05
I think Andres' right on greaterkhaan's guilt...

Vote: greaterkhaan

You have nowhere to run, sneaker!

Ayachuco
09-30-2007, 14:53
:wall: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :wall: Oops, guess I was wrong. It will be alright though...:sweatdrop: :wideeyed: I wonder...
What do you mean,btw, about Greaterkhaan's guilt? Andres never said anything about GK being guilty about anything.

Tran
09-30-2007, 15:35
Simple. They hate each others. Logically one of them must be the guilty part. Anyway did you notice that greaterkhaan just changed his name to kamikhaan? :inquisitive:

Therefore...

Unvote: greaterkhaan
Vote: kamikhaan

Ayachuco
09-30-2007, 16:04
:wideeyed: Now I wonder...But back to the point, Great...Kamikhaan and Andres were arguing about a previous Mafia game and therefore were angry about something that had little importance in this mini-mafia. lol,I guess khaan needed restate the fact he wanted to be a supreme ruler.

seireikhaan
09-30-2007, 16:14
:laugh4: Wow, folks, I didn't even change the whole name...
Vote: Tran. Now I see. You went along with me fairly easy for the last few rounds, to get my trust. Won't work, mafia scum! I see through your deception.

Also, we weren't arguing about a past mafia, I was just pointing out something Andres COULD have been mildy upset about, which was me using a loophole to get around the rules as detective. But I'm pretty sure he won't hold it against me.

Oh, and yes, I shall be supreme ruler...

Ayachuco
09-30-2007, 16:59
Well, it comes down to my vote...who to pick, who to pick...hmmmm.:idea2:
:wideeyed: Now I wonder if it could be...yes! I'm going to pick Tran. You've been lying low for a while until now. Making such a big deal about changing names. It must be you!!! Time to die evil double agent.:rtwno:
Vote:Tran:skull: :skull: :skull:

seireikhaan
09-30-2007, 17:11
Simple. They hate each others. Logically one of them must be the guilty part.
Hmm? Since when did I hate Andres?

Tran
09-30-2007, 17:26
It must be you!!! Time to die evil double agent.:rtwno:
Oh really? ~:smoking:

Kill: Draconian

Warmaster Horus
09-30-2007, 17:43
Good one Tran!

And yes folks, Tran was the Double Agent. I say good one, 'cos he killed the Supreme Director, Draconian. So, mafia victory, I say!

Congrats Tran!

Tran
09-30-2007, 17:45
Yes! Victory!!!
:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

I would like to thank everyone here who had helped me to achieve victory :beam:

seireikhaan
09-30-2007, 17:47
Darn. Oh well, good game, Tran.

Andres
09-30-2007, 18:13
I thought it was greaterkhaan, because I saw Warmaster sending a pm to him, minutes after I got mine... :shrug:

seireikhaan
09-30-2007, 18:19
:inquisitive: Yes, because he was telling me I was a director and who the SD was. Didn't you get one too?:inquisitive:

Andres
09-30-2007, 21:29
:inquisitive: Yes, because he was telling me I was a director and who the SD was. Didn't you get one too?:inquisitive:

Well, I looked at WH's profile after I read my pm and it said "creating private message greaterkhaan"... :shrug:

Stupid vB code... ~:angry:

Sorry GK, I thought this would be an easy win, since I was convinced that I saw you getting a "special" pm.

Oh, I almost forgot: congratulations Tran :bow:

Ayachuco
09-30-2007, 23:25
Good win, Tran although I did want Kamikhaan to kill me...would have been nice b/c of his name changing thing. Oh well, thanks for the practice. I tried to learn everything I could from this mafia and hopefully I will be whisked away to the underworld a better player.:hippie:

Csargo
10-01-2007, 00:11
I thought it was greaterkhaan, because I saw Warmaster sending a pm to him, minutes after I got mine... :shrug:

Cheater...:help:

Omanes Alexandrapolites
10-01-2007, 12:25
Congrats Tran!

The first round, when you guys lynched me, didn't quite go to plan. The idea was that I, by voting Draconian, would convince the mafioso to target somebody other than him. It seems that my plan backfired - I was lynched for no apparent reason, subtly hinting to Tran that Draconian was the Supreme Director, and he was eventually murdered anyway.

This seems to have been common place in many recent games running on this system. Either the town figures fail to target the director, or one innocent does so and then gets lynched for it, leaving the trail open to the Mafioso. In future games, the town ought to attack their leader as if he were another player, so to hide his confirmed innocence.

Thanks to Warmaster Horus for hosting!