PDA

View Full Version : Unexplored areas

johhny-turbo
10-05-2007, 20:53
In M2TW the western and southern portions of the map are unexplored and just appear as an area of blackness. I'm wondering, could it be possible that some factions have different unknown areas? For example a good portion of Germania could appear to be unknown to the Romans until they decided to actually explore though of course Germania would be known to the Sweboz and maybe some other factions though the Sweboz will be in the dark as to what lies in a good portion of the map.

Bootsiuv
10-05-2007, 22:26
I'm fairly certain something like this is already being implemented in EB 1.

It has something to do with placing spies at the beginning of the game, and then immediately disbanding them via script....different factions will know different parts of the world.

Take that response with a grain of salt, as I'm not a member.

I just remember hearing something about this already.

skuzzy
10-06-2007, 03:27
Sounds exploitable to me, albeit a good idea :)

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
10-06-2007, 06:30
The dark areas (different from FOW) are a layer in the map. This means that it cannot vary from faction to faction. It has to be the same for all factions.

iceman7291
10-07-2007, 05:04
The dark areas (different from FOW) are a layer in the map. This means that it cannot vary from faction to faction. It has to be the same for all factions.
Not true at all, in the Americas campaign in Kingdoms there are different unexplored areas for EVERY faction.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
10-07-2007, 05:44
Not true at all, in the Americas campaign in Kingdoms there are different unexplored areas for EVERY faction.
Really? I don't have Kingdoms yet. That sounds like a drain on game speed...

Tuuvi
10-07-2007, 05:51
Sounds like a cool idea to me.

BozosLiveHere
10-07-2007, 07:08
Really? I don't have Kingdoms yet. That sounds like a drain on game speed...

There's a reveal_tile command that does pretty much the same our FOW spies do.

Ritterlichvon86
10-21-2007, 16:21
Well EB II on Kingdoms will be great! To Command multiple legions, special abilities for the generals, faction specific ffow (full fog of war), loyalties, civil wars, culturization, abilities to change cultures for the whole faction (christianity, converting celtic/germanic cultures to romanized ones) and to recruit based on the percentage of culture your provinces have

johhny-turbo
10-21-2007, 23:35
Well EB II on Kingdoms will be great! To Command multiple legions, special abilities for the generals, faction specific ffow (full fog of war), loyalties, civil wars, culturization, abilities to change cultures for the whole faction (christianity, converting celtic/germanic cultures to romanized ones) and to recruit based on the percentage of culture your provinces have

Kingdoms has civil wars?

Ritterlichvon86
10-22-2007, 19:49
No but mtw2.. I haven't played vanilla but the Mod Deus lo Vult has them so EB II can do it too :gathering:

Admetos
10-22-2007, 20:20
But I'd guess that involves having aan unplayable faction, like the Eastern and Western Empire rebels in BI, which will never happen in EB.

Malik of Sindh
10-23-2007, 04:27
No it doesn't need any faction,the disloyal FM becomes rebel,along with the troops and city he gonverns.

Pharnakes
10-23-2007, 19:09
Good to hear.